Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic > Mafia Games

Old 12-19-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
I think the town is going to lose to be a honest.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, my Random Number Generator called IBC being the serial killer. Nice job computer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
So, my Random Number Generator called IBC being the serial killer. Nice job computer!
So pissed when that came up gah.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Pretty sure your random number generator has hit me every time I have been evil.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutey Wooty View Post
I'm glad this gif is catching on!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Hypothetically speaking, if they do win it will have nothing to do with you.

Also, Raiderz, stop calling me a dingleberry :(

Old 12-19-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was right about Gonzo and IBC! Best townie ever! Come at me Mafia and other evildoers!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Hypothetically speaking, if they do win it will have nothing to do with you.

Also, Raiderz, stop calling me a dingleberry :(
I have already awarded myself 84.7 percent of the credit.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

You know the drill people. Get it done.

Also I'm done with these for the forseaable future. No point playing when half the people alive pop in once a day and make one or two posts contributing nothing :\

Last edited by Caddy : 12-19-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Whatever happens, MVP has to be Deep.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
You know the drill people. Get it done.

Also I'm done with these for the forseaable future. No point playing when half the people alive pop in once a day and make one or two posts contributing nothing :\
Well maybe you should encourage some of the assholes bitching about people not having much to back up their suspicions to shut the **** up. Half the people don't post because they don't want to be called an idiot later.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Well maybe you should encourage some of the assholes bitching about people not having much to back up their suspicions to shut the **** up. Half the people don't post because they don't want to be called an idiot later.
It won't do anything. The same people do it nearly every game and it ruins it for people like you and me who want to talk things through. It also makes it easier for the mafia to win. Kill actives, control conversation, win game, GG.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
we're gonna lose because i suck as a watcher or important townie. I'm at my best when i'm not important.

i don't like responsibility. don't tell me to watch someone every night. YOU'RE NOT MY REAL DAD
I mentioned how I always get killed in hopes that you would watch me. Then I got killed.
But I agree about role responsibility. I don't care so much for being a protector. If you're found out you're probably dead the next day and you're often obligated into doing something specific when you are alive. I get to play the game like a townie, at least, which is cool. I get to be a townie but then still make people feel bad if I die.

Most fun role is probably vigilante. You just use your own suspicions and take a shot at someone, and then most people still think you're a serial killer.

Last edited by SuperMcGee : 12-19-2012 at 11:47 PM.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:
It won't do anything. The same people do it nearly every game and it ruins it for people like you and me who want to talk things through. It also makes it easier for the mafia to win. Kill actives, control conversation, win game, GG.
I accepted a while ago that there was no way I was making it to day 4 ever so I just make the most of my time in the game. You are correct, the same people contribute nothing, don't really think about what they are doing, and are left until the end every time. I really don't have a problem with how you handle things during and after games but some people need to encourage others to post anything they are thinking. Anything. I don't care if it is a **** post, nonsensical ramblings, unfounded accusations, just grow some balls and realize that you are going to be wrong a fair amount in mafia if you are actually playing for your side to win.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

So in summary Vidae is everything that is wrong with mafia games.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You moron Cain. I wouldn't have voted for you. :)
Old 12-20-2012, 12:49 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So in summary Vidae is everything that is wrong with mafia games.
Still butthurt that you were so blatantly obvious?

You sit here and puff your chest up and the same people are calling you worthless every single game. But I guess that's because no one understands the greatness that is Gonzo, right? It couldn't be that you've built yourself up in your own mind to be this great mafia player when in reality you're way below average and people are laughing at you.

Either or sir!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:46 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So first thing first... I don't know about anyone else but I will not be running and or participating in anymore mafia if the participating doesn't improve.

This last game was a joke. As the SK I doubt I could have won but I am sure I could have done a whole lot better if people were actually playing and not just logging in... voting and leaving.

I don't want to waste some potentially awesome games to half assed participation an people who just don't even play at all.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:52 AM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe February will be better. Football is over, holidays are over, exams are over. People should have more time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

Hey man... usually I run a cap and give those who participate first shot over the others but general participation seems down.
Old 12-20-2012, 09:15 AM    (permalink
RufusMcDaniel
Mage Bros
Pro Bowler

RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RufusMcDaniel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's kind of why I didn't join up. While playing Shane's game, I just wasn't really into it and I just floated for a bit, so I felt that there was no reason to join this one even though I have had some free time.
RufusMcDaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didnt realize the game was starting as soon as it did, of my own fault and was gone for the entire weekend. Ive tried participating the best I can considering its finals week and I have been finishing up my senior thesis. I apologize if I havent helped the game move forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-NFLDC

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really fall on either side of this argument honestly, I'm somewhere in the middle. In most other places, the days have much longer time limits than we like to do here (like a week instead of a day). There's no reason people should be expected to have to spend 12 hours of their day in the thread and constantly posting. I've said this before and I'll say it again, I don't have issues with people who don't post a ****-ton as long as they are reading the thread and know what's going on. Forenci is the perfect example of that. He always reads the thread and when he posts, its clear he's following along and making an effort to try and help his team win. People hate on him and call him inactive but he's welcome in any game I run because I know he's going to make a concerted effort and will make a good contribution when he is posting. Its when people aren't posting a whole lot and then come in and post something that makes zero sense or just randomly votes that bothers me. If you aren't going to have the time to read the thread, collect your thoughts, and present an argument in your limited posts, then you need to be smart enough to check yourself and not join. Its like when there is a themed game you aren't interested in. If you don't like the theme, don't join if you are going to half-ass it.

I don't like the idea of preventing people from joining because I know people genuinely enjoy playing. I just hope that if I'm running a game, the people that sign up will make a concerted effort to check in, read the thread, and at least try to participate.

If there is enough interest, I don't have any issues continuing to run or play in casual games over the next few months. As Cain said, I will probably hold off on my favorite themed ones like Jurassic Park until next summer when I know more people will have time but I'm definitely still open to running smaller themes or classic mafia.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, if I mod again, a bunch of people won't be included. That or I'm going to easily break the record for mod kills in a game.
Old 12-20-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see the Airing of Grievances has started early this year. I nominate ATL to lead the Feats of Strength.