Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bc Harden is a chucker who took shots away from Durant.

It's no surprise that Durant is having his best season yet since Harden left. Now they have to get rid of Westbrook for CP3 and they'll be set.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
why the thunder didn't extend harden and dump perk for a bag of cheez-its, I'll never know
I don't think Perkins had anything to do with Harden. It was Harden and Ibaka as the two guys to make a decision on. I don't even think the Thunder needed Harden, just probably should have gotten more. But it's obvious they don't miss him, and if they finish the season better, + those picks they came away on top.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Bc Harden is a chucker who took shots away from Durant.

It's no surprise that Durant is having his best season yet since Harden left. Now they have to get rid of Westbrook for CP3 and they'll be set.
Harden was the most efficient player in the league last year, so there's that.

This calls for my new meme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I don't think Perkins had anything to do with Harden. It was Harden and Ibaka as the two guys to make a decision on. I don't even think the Thunder needed Harden, just probably should have gotten more. But it's obvious they don't miss him, and if they finish the season better, + those picks they came away on top.
Perkins has everything to do with Harden....they could've pretty much avoided the luxury tax completely if they amnestied Perk and signed Harden. They will miss Harden massively come playoffs.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:18 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Perkins has everything to do with Harden....they could've pretty much avoided the luxury tax completely if they amnestied Perk and signed Harden. They will miss Harden massively come playoffs.
Locking up KD, Westbrook, Harden, & Ibaka would have hamstrung that team and eventually made depth an issue for them which is a strong point of the team. How many teams can afford to lock up 4 players like that forever?

Quote:
Old 12-21-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Locking up KD, Westbrook, Harden, & Ibaka would have hamstrung that team and eventually made depth an issue for them which is a strong point of the team. How many teams can afford to lock up 4 players like that forever?
Exactly why you have to do it. You've made my point for me.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, role players will flock there and take league min and whatnot. that's a ridiculous core there they could've kept
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Exactly why you have to do it. You've made my point for me.
What point was that? And you think they could afford all those contracts? I know Miami has the big 3 but who is is a huge contract on that team outside of them? Who can they afford to bring in who has a big contract? It's not like Ibaka will be playing for the veterans minimum. He's 23 years old and has already consistently been the league leader in blocks.

Westbrook's deal spikes upwards towards 15 million a year shortly, and Durant will reach 20 million. Then your looking at signing Harden to a max deal on top of that, and sure, while we are at it let's just sign Ibaka to a max deal too.

Can you break down how they would feasably be able to sign all 4 of those guys and field a team around on top of it?

Quote:
Old 12-21-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mayo >> Harden
Old 12-21-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe if Mayo continues to shoot 52% from 3 forever....but he's not going to do that.

Harden is way better than he is.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Mayo (and I love him as much as a heterosexual can love another heterosexual man), he can be a perinatal all-star and in a close game I trust him with the ball in his hands. But can you build a contender around him? Not sure. He's a good #1 scoring option but I think he'll be a GREAT #2 scoring option. He's kept us afloat thus far, but we're still under .500.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 11:21 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Maybe if Mayo continues to shoot 52% from 3 forever....but he's not going to do that.

Harden is way better than he is.
Their play is interchangeable for me. Mayo is a more skilled offensive player, while Harden depends a whole lot more on whistles and getting to the paint. In a tightly called game, Harden turns into a tunnel vision chucker. Plus he makes 15 million more than Mayo does.

Both guys are better served being #2 options.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
What point was that? And you think they could afford all those contracts? I know Miami has the big 3 but who is is a huge contract on that team outside of them? Who can they afford to bring in who has a big contract? It's not like Ibaka will be playing for the veterans minimum. He's 23 years old and has already consistently been the league leader in blocks.

Westbrook's deal spikes upwards towards 15 million a year shortly, and Durant will reach 20 million. Then your looking at signing Harden to a max deal on top of that, and sure, while we are at it let's just sign Ibaka to a max deal too.

Can you break down how they would feasably be able to sign all 4 of those guys and field a team around on top of it?
Ibaka already signed his extension for 12.5 per through 2017....
Old 12-21-2012, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Harden is so much better than Mayo and it's not close. I don't get you guys sometimes.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I'll take Mayo at $4M and use the rest of my money to build a better team than give Harden $18M and have a **** team around him.

And Mayo is having BY FAR a better year than Harden is.

Mayo: 20ppg, 4 rpg, 4 apg, 47%/50%/87%

Harden: 25ppg, 4rpg, 5apg, 43%/34%/86%

You can even argue that Harden has a better team around him than the current lineup the Mavs are throwing out right now. His shooting splits are terrible, and he has 15 more turnovers than Mayo does. It's not even close this year.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Yeah, but Harden can, you know, actually sustain/will almost certainly improve on those numbers. You actually think Mayo, a career 39% shooter from 3, is going to keep this up? GL with that, he's gonna crash hard. His year so far is a massive, massive outlier.

Not saying he's a bad player (he's a good player) and he is obviously a monster steal at his current salary. He's gonna get a lot more next year though and Harden is going to be a borderline superstar.

It's just not close.

EDIT: Also, the % numbers don't impress me. As I mentioned, Mayo will fall back to earth and Harden's FT will stay consistent. As it is, they are very close in TS% and I will bet you Harden finishes ahead of him in that category.

Last edited by Rob S : 12-21-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Rob S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

You can keep your hopes and dreams, i'll take the guy right now who's currently out classing the other in every facet of the game.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
You can keep your hopes and dreams, i'll take the guy right now who's currently out classing the other in every facet of the game.
He's really not though. If you watch them play it's obvious Harden has the traits to be a superstar and Mayo doesn't. Mayo is a good player who got scorching hot from 3. That's about it.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Ibaka already signed his extension for 12.5 per through 2017....
From what I've read OKC is already over the cap and barely under the luxury cap: http://www.hoopsworld.com/oklahoma-c...r-team-salary/

So I'd still like to hear how you can factor in a longterm max contract of Harden into this cap space and make it work. You can't just say "well they shoulda paid him" if your not going to take into consideration how much money they would have left to sign anybody else.

Quote:
Old 12-21-2012, 12:16 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
He's really not though. If you watch them play it's obvious Harden has the traits to be a superstar and Mayo doesn't. Mayo is a good player who got scorching hot from 3. That's about it.
Lol we're not discussing traits or projecting superstardom. Mayo is playing better basketball right now, and that's all i'm discussing. Mayo is the better basketball player right now. If you want to reply with anything other than "i think Harden is better", go right ahead. Every stat imaginable says otherwise.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lol we're not discussing traits or projecting superstardom. Mayo is playing better basketball right now, and that's all i'm discussing. Mayo is the better basketball player right now. If you want to reply with anything other than "i think Harden is better", go right ahead. Every stat imaginable says otherwise.
Except in PER.
http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/holli.../_/position/sg

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm debating whether I should take a break from my trollasaurus ways in here and just post like a normal basketball fan.

#KnicksIn2013?
Old 12-21-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
From what I've read OKC is already over the cap and barely under the luxury cap: http://www.hoopsworld.com/oklahoma-c...r-team-salary/

So I'd still like to hear how you can factor in a longterm max contract of Harden into this cap space and make it work. You can't just say "well they shoulda paid him" if your not going to take into consideration how much money they would have left to sign anybody else.
I really don't care about not signing anyone else considering you can lock up those 4 for the next 5 years. I just don't. Vet mins will flock, rookies, etc....it's not that hard. If they amnestied Perkins and signed Harden, they would have to pay a small luxury tax which they could easily afford due to a number of factors that were written about ad nauseum.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Harden has a much higher usage rate and more FGAs.

Quote:
"Hollinger argues that each two point field goal made is worth about 1.65 points. A three point field goal made is worth 2.65 points. A missed field goal, though, costs a team 0.72 points. Given these values, with a bit of math we can show that a player will break even on his two point field goal attempts if he hits on 30.4% of these shots. On three pointers the break-even point is 21.4%. If a player exceeds these thresholds, and virtually every NBA player does so with respect to two-point shots, the more he shoots the higher his value in PERs. So a player can be an inefficient scorer and simply inflate his value by taking a large number of shots."
Old 12-21-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Except PER, Wins Added and Value added. And turnover rate and assist rate. And offensive rebounding and a higher usage rate. But, sure, just know that the "right now" discussion is pointless and lends itself to statistical anomalies like David Lee playing better than LaMarcus Aldridge right now.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm debating whether I should take a break from my trollasaurus ways in here and just post like a normal basketball fan.

#KnicksIn2013?
Never.

Knicks. (10 char)