Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for OKC what made Harden so tough to lose, is that he was the perfect third star to have to keep Russell in check. If dumb Russell ever showed up, you could put the ball in Harden's hands so Westbrook could settle down and didn't just start putting more and more pressure on himself to go even more full ******.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
So Harden was a ball hog last year? LOL. Okay. I think we're done here.....
That was mostly said in jest about what you were referring to with Russ. And they did go through ball hogging spurts. But i'm glad we've come to a conclusion in this argument and we both agree that Harden sucks dick.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nobody can argue that Harden didn't **** himself in finals. It is also damn near impossible to argue that they would've made the finals without him. He was their best player vs the Spurs. And I love Westbrook, but he needs someone to check him; Harden helped massively in that regard.
James Harden of the Oklahoma Thunder is as Nick Anderson of the Orlando Magic. Helped them get to the Finals and ****'ed it up once there.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harden made more NBA finals with the Thunder as their junior sidekick than he ever will as a Houston Rocket. He'll never win there, and i feel pretty comfortable saying he'll never even sniff the NBA finals as a Rocket.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
My point is that someone could have just as easily said "you will never win a championship with Jason Kidd as your 2nd best player at that age" but guess what? It happened. You just can't make blanket statements like that because they make no sense. We don't know what type of fit Mayo would be on the team, who would be coaching, who is around him, who would be the #1, etc. Nobody thought the Mavs would have won a championship with those guys at #2 players, but nobody saw Dirk turning into that clutch of a player, or Carlisle coaching like a genius, or the tons of pieces on the team beyond just the top 2 or 3 players.

So that's why it's stupid to make a statement like that and not take anything into consideration. Sure he's not winning a championship here because Dirk isn't that same Dirk and the depth isn't the same. But it annoys me when people make statements that you can't even prove. At all. I'm not taking anything away from the players on that Mavs team because I know more then anyone how good and important they were, but it was a collective effort. You have Mayo as the #2 scorer, and build the right pieces on that team with a dominant #1 who can take over games and you most certainly could win a title. Nobody said anything about Mayo carrying a team there.

Where did I ever say anything close to that? The ignorant comment was saying "you will never win a title with Mayo as your #2 option". That's pure ignorance. Someone likely could had said the exact same thing about Chandler 3 years ago too. I shouldn't have to explain to you why that makes no sense to say that.
It is what it is, man. Sure players can improve, right situation, etc.....blah, blah blah. Mayo has done nothing to show that he can do it. Does it mean I can categorically state it will never happen, no. Does it mean I can be pretty damn confident in it, absolutely.

I mean, could you win an NBA title with Kwame Brown as your second best player, sure....I guess. It's possible. It is within the realm of possibility (yeah I know the Kwame thing is stupid, don't get butthurt, replace him with Monta Ellis or something). But it's not likely to happen. That's the point. You aren't likely to win a title with Mayo as your 2nd best player.

If you want to pick apart semantics and the use of never and call me ignorant because of it, fine, whatever.
Old 12-21-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Calling Harden a ball stopper when he's a great passer is ******* stupid.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Calling Harden a ball stopper when he's a great passer is ******* stupid.
Food for thought.

Westbrook is averaging almost 9 assists per game and is called a ball stopper.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Food for thought.

Westbrook is averaging almost 9 assists per game and is called a ball stopper.
Because he has the best shooter in basketball on his team who also happens to be an elite scorer, and takes more shots than him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Because he has the best shooter in basketball on his team who also happens to be an elite scorer, and takes more shots than him.
Westbrook actually takes more shots. Because he's annoying sometimes.
Old 12-21-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Westbrook actually takes more shots. Because he's annoying sometimes.
I meant to imply that he did, it was just an awkward statement. Either way, I do agree with you on Mayo.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-21-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think anyone will agree with me but I might entertain a Pau for KG trade.

It'll obviously take some work to make the contracts work but I think that would benefit both teams.

KG has shown to be able to step up in the post season and I think his game compliments Dwights better than Pau.

I know he's as old as old can be but we'd be losing pau in 2 years regardless.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
I don't think anyone will agree with me but I might entertain a Pau for KG trade.

It'll obviously take some work to make the contracts work but I think that would benefit both teams.

KG has shown to be able to step up in the post season and I think his game compliments Dwights better than Pau.

I know he's as old as old can be but we'd be losing pau in 2 years regardless.
Pretty cool suggestion, but I can't see that ever happening.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boozer was in position on help defense a made a play. The Mayans were right.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#KnicksIn2014?

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Can't wait to stomp you guys out and prove you suck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Don't worry, the Bulls still suck. All is right with the world.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-21-2012, 08:46 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Knicks doing real well at keeping their composure.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#SeeRed #SeeSpikeMad
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 08:55 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dammit bucks! this is cause of jennings' **** free throw shooting...

RIP themaninblack
Old 12-21-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#bullswithoutrose2013

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You all shut your dirty mouths! Harden is a ******* angel to the Rockets and playing like a beast lately.

Oh and...HAHA at the Knicks. I love how BBD talks trash about Bulls but yet his team seems to be able to find a way to beat them. And this is without Rose...OUCH!

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To be fair, the tag is Knicksin2013, n it's not yet 2013...I ****** hate basketball sometimes, the Knicks always lose to my best friend's teams, EVERY. ******. TIME.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
To be fair, the tag is Knicksin2013, n it's not yet 2013...I ****** hate basketball sometimes, the Knicks always lose to my best friend's teams, EVERY. ******. TIME.
Isn't it referring to the 2013 season, which is this season?

RIP themaninblack
Old 12-21-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Isn't it referring to the 2013 season, which is this season?
He is just in pain, because the Bulls try every night that is the only reason they win so many games in the regular season. As you saw the Knicks didn't care about this game.

I hope Luol is okay.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Love me some Luol Deng.

YEAH BITCHES!

RIP themaninblack
Old 12-21-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
He is just in pain, because the Bulls try every night that is the only reason they win so many games in the regular season. As you saw the Knicks didn't care about this game.

I hope Luol is okay.
Maybe if Thibs didn't run Luol to death. He really needs to settle down on Luol's usage for ***** sake, he's been doing it for three years now.

RIP TheManInBlack