Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 49ers Gameday Thread: Week 16: 49ers at Seahawks

Not sure if Borat is doing his GameDay thread this week so I figured what the hell, mine as well post this and if Borat does make a GameDay thread for this week, this topic can just be deleted.

Anyway, on to the next game -

49ers at Seahawks this Sunday Night on SNF for the NFC Division Title. If we win Sunday, we clinch the division. If we lose, we'll have to win next Sunday at home against the Cardinals to clinch the division title regardless of what the Seahawks do in Saint Louis.

With that being said, im hoping we can go in to Seattle and win which would be huge for us for a few reasons. First, we'll clinch the NFC West division title. Second, we'll stay ahead of the Packers for the second seed. Third, if the Falcons lose tomorrow night and we win on Sunday, we'll be in good position to possibly steal the number one seed and home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

Granted, the Falcons losing their last two games and us winning the last two games is slim but still a possibility. Regardless of what the Falcons do tomorrow night, the 49ers have to win the next two games in order to secure the number two seed which gives us a first round bye and a home playoff game in the divisional round.

To me, the second seed is extremely important because having that week off to rest Justin and Aldon Smith would be great. I know some would prefer to leave Justin out for Sunday's game but not me, if he can play, he needs to play because winning the Seahawks game is very important. If we dont finish 12-3-1, I dont see us getting the second seed because highly unlikely that the Packers lose either of their last two games.

As for the Seahawks game itself, im expecting a close defensive battle as we're number one in points allowed and Seattle in number two. Of course, im predicting the opposite as I have done since Kaepernick became the starter. High octane offense which seems far more energetic and determined with Kaepernick. Also love his ability to not get rattled at all. When the Patriots came back and tied the game at 31, I was pissed off as hell at our defense but seeing Kaepernick come right back with a pass to Crabtree who avoided a tackle and ran for a TD was awesome. That shows that even when it looks like our momentum is gone and the team would be down, the offense came right back to take a lead and hold on for the win.

Anyway, prediction time -

49ers 31
Seahawks 20

That's right. An eleven point win and scoring 30+ points yet again. Yeah baby!!! Kaepernick throws at least 2 TD's with no interceptions. Probably will scramble for some good yardage as well. Gore will score a rushing TD and im going to predict that LaMichael James will score his first TD on either a kick or punt return. :)
Old 12-21-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UPDATE:

Jim Harbaugh has upgraded DE Justin Smith from doubtful to questionable. I'm fully expecting him to start Sunday night and if he can go, he needs to start as we cant lose to the Seahawks. Game is too damn important.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the 49ers win this game they'll most likely get the second seed. I don't think the Packers are going to lose at home to the Titans and I don't think they'll lose on the road to the Vikings, although it could happen with Adrian Peterson looking to get the rushing record.

Everyone is really on the Seattle Seahawks bandwagon this past week and even leading up to this game. At least in the mainstream media.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 12-22-2012 at 01:40 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:04 AM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should be a good game. Both offenses will likely play better than they did in Week 7. I'm just worried about this win win loss/tie trend we have going. Hopefully we can put an end to it this week. Go 9ers!
Old 12-22-2012, 08:07 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's do this.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 12-22-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:59 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a lot more confident this week than I was last week.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
I am a lot more confident this week than I was last week.
Aren't you the same guy who said Michael Crabtree was awful last year?

Lol, you should stop posting. And stop watching the team while you're at it. Gotta weed out horrible, unintelligent 49er fans from this crap fanbase.
Old 12-22-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HypocrisyIsGreat View Post
Aren't you the same guy who said Michael Crabtree was awful last year?

Lol, you should stop posting. And stop watching the team while you're at it. Gotta weed out horrible, unintelligent 49er fans from this crap fanbase.
You posted a few minutes before Jordan posted. You guys show up around here together. How cute... and coincidental...

Anyways.
Old 12-22-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat HypocrisyIsGreat

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
You posted a few minutes before Jordan posted. You guys show up around here together. How cute... and coincidental...

Anyways.
Crabtree sux, Awex is a top 5 QB.

/Awex Fan'd
Old 12-22-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Play nice Hypocrisy. I hate deleting posts. Makes me feel like a Nazi.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone on CBS this mooring is expecting Sea to win. Boo on them. I hope we come in and lay a smack down on the Hawks. Its time we take over the west.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Everyone on CBS this mooring is expecting Sea to win. Boo on them. I hope we come in and lay a smack down on the Hawks. Its time we take over the west.
and almost everyone on ESPN picked SF. who cares about the "experts" picks?

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
Old 12-23-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

delete wrong thread

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Last edited by proshoota25 : 12-23-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just saying I think its funny how every one picks are different from each station. I figured Sf has the better defense even with out Justin Smith. But oh well. Sf will show everyone tonight who has the best team in the west.
Old 12-23-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I'm just saying I think its funny how every one picks are different from each station. I figured Sf has the better defense even with out Justin Smith. But oh well. Sf will show everyone tonight who has the best team in the west.
Crabtree still suck?
Old 12-23-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

This game is horrible and everyone is sucking. Never would have went for the FG period. If we get inside the 40 of SEA anymore tonight, I say just go for it. Even a chipshot FG doesnt go good for Akers so that should tell Harbaugh and company something - dont even bother. Just go for it.

Not having Justin Smith is huge and if we lose this game, there goes our second seed, bye and Super Bowl championship but on the positive side, game isnt half over and there's still a chance to comeback and win.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:50 PM    (permalink
HypocrisyIsGreat
Rookie

The 2 main culprits for this **** fest are Kaepernick and Greg Roman. Greg Roman is easily the worst OC in football.
Old 12-23-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Just a terrible dam first half for sf. I dunno what even went wrong besides that darn play calling is crap fest. Where is the running game? Plus Seattle is just running all over our defense line. I just hope are OC coordinator will get his crap together by play off time. If not we will be a one an out team by far
Old 12-23-2012, 10:12 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game is why Kaepernick shouldn't be starting. There's no chance we win a Super Bowl with him. He's nowhere near ready.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

It's not all on Kaepernick. Once that FG was blocked and returned for a TD, game was pretty much over especially with no running game and a defense that was horrible without Justin Smith. Kaepernick is the starter of the 49ers and Harbaugh is going to ride it out with him, good or bad.

On the positive side, Kaepernick's bad game came tonight instead of in the playoffs. Tonight's game will be used by Harbaugh to show Kaepernick what not do and to learn from it.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kaep has looked like a deer in headlights tonight, clearly this game was too big for him. He's looked lost most of the night. That said we've now hitched our wagon to him so we can only go forward from tonight.

Worse than Kaep something is def up with Aldon, he hasn't been himself the last few weeks & has been dropping into coverage more & more. Wonder is he's battling through something?

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
Old 12-23-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

Dam it was freaking terrible terrible game by all sides tonight. Play calling was worse then ever . I don't wtf is going on but we need a new offense coordinator but we need a new one. And dam you hawks we always lose to you at some point in the season. I swear I wish the 49ers could be constant all year long and not have these 4-5 bad games a season. it is really disappointing and terribly bad come play off time. We don't even deserve to be in the play offs. We will one and done come play off time.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a fun stat: In our last 6 quarters (most if not all without Justin Smith) we've given up 66 points.

Our defense has just been complete toast recently. Our lack of depth really hurts us. All while our 1st round pick has caught 0 catches and been inactive for 75% of the year.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
This game is why Kaepernick shouldn't be starting. There's no chance we win a Super Bowl with him. He's nowhere near ready.
Kaep played like crap but i'm guessing you forgot how inept Alex was against the Giants when we were down by 14. Or how much Alex sucked against the Vikings when our defense also played like crap.

Kaep's game tonight was horrible but lets not act like we'd get the Bills version of Alex, we'd likely get the Vikings or Giants version.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kaep went into New England last Monday night and threw 4 tds. Of course the Seahawks D is way better than the Patriots D, but they had been playing better in recent weeks and I think that it definitely would qualify as a big game.

I wouldn't say this game was too big for him. What I would say is that he is a young, inexperience QB making his 7th career start. He's going to have up's and down's during the season. We just got to hope he doesn't have another down game in the Playoffs.

Also, if this team falls behind by two touchdowns we are pretty much dead the rest of the game. The game plan is shot at that point. We need to get a lead, run the ball, and play aggressive defense to win.
Closed Thread