Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 04-18-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
L()MightyMouse()J

Default Things I don't want to see the Falcons do again this draft...

1. Pass on our desperate need for a playmaker at safety.
(Etric Pruitt was the last safety we've drafted I believe. I cannot even begin to think of all the safeties we passed on in between)

2. Pass on the importance of someone decent on the Oline.
(Frank and Quinn both seemed like reaches then and still do now)

3. Select BPA instead of BPA of need.
(I can't stand how every year, we have to sign all these undraftees to fill in at training camp because we couldn't pick up someone in the draft worth a roster spot. See safety, corner, d-tackle last year.)

4. Not sign our first pick before camp.
(Roddy and Jimmy were both pegged as potential starters early but since they didn't get signed right away they got behind. Roddy will be lucky to be the 4th WR and Jimmy already missed almost a full year when he was clearly the best second best DB (CB or S) on the roster.)

Opinions?
Old 04-18-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If this draft doesn't satisfy the O-Line deficiencies, I will be very mad. The team needs a starter at LG, and a serious attempt to get a LT of the future.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:44 PM    (permalink
L()MightyMouse()J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
If this draft doesn't satisfy the O-Line deficiencies, I will be very mad. The team needs a starter at LG, and a serious attempt to get a LT of the future.
I'd be as disappointed if we don't find a starting free safety.
Old 04-18-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to come out of day-1 with the following;

1 FS
1 OG
1 DE
1 RB

Then in day-2, take the B.P.A. Take high upside projects and hope they pan out. See; Michael Boley.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
L()MightyMouse()J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
1 FS
1 OG
1 DE
1 RB
I'd be very happy!
Old 04-19-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
McFalcon

Is RB really a day 1 need?

I'd rather see

S
DE
OL
OL

or

S
DE
OL
DT

(not in any particular order)
Old 04-19-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RB isn't a day one need, but Petrino has made it known he wants a biggerback to go along with Jerious and Warrick. Considering this back will get some carries, I'm sure it will be a day one pick.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Mr. Myogi
Rookie

Mr. Myogi hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What about:
WR (only if its CJ)
FS
DE
OG/OT
Is DT really a Day 1 need? I think we go RB if AP is on the Board, though.

*********"Wax on, Wax off Danielson"**********
Mr. Myogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 01:16 PM    (permalink
willwork4tackles

We drafted a Safety in the 2nd round last year named Jimmy Williams. Wasting another top pick on one this year would be a mistake.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jimmy Williams is starting at CB and Milloy is like 35. We was also like last in the league in pass defense.

I don't want to see DE or WR in round 1
Old 04-19-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wouldn't mind either position, to be honest. I would really like to have 2 mid-late first rounders this year and get Reggie Nelson and Darrelle Revis.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote