Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-18-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On to the Saints. This might be a very high scoring affair

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
On to the Saints. This might be a very high scoring affair
We need to keep Brees off the field. I want a heavy dose of running. NOR run D sucks. Control the clock, pass when needed. Keep the defense fresh and off the field as long as possible. We should get Claiborne back so that should be helpful, but our safeties still suck and our ILBs will be tested in coverage which isn't a good thing. Sproles may get a lot of touches too. Scary, but very winnable game.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Went to PFF today. Wanna know something interesting?

Nate Livings is graded higher on his season play than Carl Nicks. How bout that pick up, eh? Keeper! Keeper! Currently, he's the 8th highest graded LG in the league. That grade includes everything from pass block, screen block, run blocking, penalties, QB sacks, hits, and hurries given up.

However, Bernadeau is ranked 56th. Ouch.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:29 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Nate Livings is graded higher on his season play than Carl Nicks. How bout that pick up, eh? Keeper! Keeper! Currently, he's the 8th highest graded LG in the league. That grade includes everything from pass block, screen block, run blocking, penalties, QB sacks, hits, and hurries given up.

Hmm, interesting. Not gonna lie I just assumed both our guards sucked this year since somebody always blows an assignment on the interior. I still like Warmack because of the potential, last time I liked a Guard like him it was Iupati, and I think we'll get 1 good FA on the interior line as well. I'll have to focus on him a little more here lately.

This season made me realize how we aren't that far away as I probably thought. I know every team can say this, but with how we are playing now it makes me wonder where we would be with both of our ILB's playing. I still wouldn't hate a QB in the 1st rd if someone falls we are in love with long term but I think if we have a big off-season we give ourselves a 2 year window after this season to try and make a run.

If Romo continues playing like this I think we can win 1 playoff game this year, I keep wondering if bad Romo is going to show up once in these last 2 weeks but honestly if he stays in a zone I just think we will make a run. His arm is still plenty good he's getting better as the season goes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:01 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

How accurate is this grading system?

Old 12-18-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
How accurate is this grading system?
Among the best you can find. Unbiased. They break down every single snap. ..and the rankings definitely passes the eye ball test. Those you think are good are at the top and those you think are bad are bad. Truth to that point Tyron Smith is ranked pretty low among tackles... sad to say, but deservingly so due to his high amount of penalties. He hasn't had the greatest year, but it is his first year playing LT.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That's interesting. I would have guessed opposite. I would have htought Bernie would be grading out better. I will say this; I noticed on a couple of running plays Sunday that when Livings is doing well in run blocking, he can be a beast. He's def a big strong dude.

I really think if Costa hadn't gotten hurt our interior OL would be very solid. It seems giving up some of Free's snaps has motivated him a bit because he appeared to be better Sunday, too.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Smith has some work to do to say the least. I have't been that high on him this year. I know a lot of people defend him being it's his first year at LT.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Smith has some work to do to say the least. I have't been that high on him this year. I know a lot of people defend him being it's his first year at LT.
The reason why Tyron has been ranked low is really because the high amount of QB hurries he allows. That can be blamed on several things though... Romo holding on the ball so long, Free getting beat so often that Romo rolls to his left and the QB hurry stat goes against Tyron, Garrett calling for vertical routes that take time to develop... blah blah blah. It is what it is, but I think that particular stat can be improved with an improved OL and better playcalling. Penalties are still on him.

But that said... Tyron has only given up 3 sacks and that's among the top LTs in the league. ...and his run blocking is ELITE. Only 2 other LTs graded higher. Joe Staley and Duane Brown. That's pretty damn impressive.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I'd love to get Warmack I think Cooper might be a better fit because he has elite pulling ability and the ability to clear the second level. I actually don't mind Big Mac getting a chance at center next year where he can be an asset against nose tackles.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The reason why Tyron has been ranked low is really because the high amount of QB hurries he allows. That can be blamed on several things though... Romo holding on the ball so long, Free getting beat so often that Romo rolls to his left and the QB hurry stat goes against Tyron, Garrett calling for vertical routes that take time to develop... blah blah blah. It is what it is, but I think that particular stat can be improved with an improved OL and better playcalling. Penalties are still on him.

But that said... Tyron has only given up 3 sacks and that's among the top LTs in the league. ...and his run blocking is ELITE. Only 2 other LTs graded higher. Joe Staley and Duane Brown. That's pretty damn impressive.
It's a good thing they take penalties into account for those ratings because those hurt as much as a sack or blown assignment. Technically I'm impressed with Tyron on many things, but he's having too many penalties. Even if he's only given up 3 sacks he's still given up 5 yards many times due to false starts. I like what they say about his run blocking. The guy is really good at moving his feet.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly the left side of the line could be left untouched and we'd be fine. Smith (TY Pocket!) gets unfair criticism due to being on a poor line. As D said a lot of his hurries are forced thanks to Free or Bernie imitating turnstiles.

I agree on keeping Bernie as a C even if we keep him as a C/G backup. He certainly brings versatility to the table. I really wish we would give Parnell a bunch of playing time so we can evaluate whether or not we need to target a RT in the first two rounds. Garrett obviously wants to play vertical football so we need to get a line that can sustain 7 step drops.

Speaking about draft talk does anyone else love how offensive players are stepping into their future roles? Beasley in the slot. Harris on the outside. Hanna as TE2. Dunbar as a RB2/3.

Last edited by Trogdor : 12-18-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Honestly the left side of the line could be left untouched and we'd be fine. Free gets unfair criticism due to being on a poor line. As D said a lot of his hurries are forced thanks to Free or Bernie imitating turnstiles.

I agree on keeping Bernie as a C even if we keep him as a C/G backup. He certainly brings versatility to the table. I really wish we would give Parnell a bunch of playing time so we can evaluate whether or not we need to target a RT in the first two rounds. Garrett obviously wants to play vertical football so we need to get a line that can sustain 7 step drops.

Speaking about draft talk does anyone else love how offensive players are stepping into their future roles? Beasley in the slot. Harris on the outside. Hanna as TE2. Dunbar as a RB2/3.
You mean Smith, right?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
You mean Smith, right?
Yep. Edited. Was keeping Free in mind for my later comment xD.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:34 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
As much as I'd love to get Warmack I think Cooper might be a better fit because he has elite pulling ability and the ability to clear the second level. I actually don't mind Big Mac getting a chance at center next year where he can be an asset against nose tackles.
Yeah, Cooper could be the right fit for us. Hope you liked my latest mock!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good thing that Claiborne is back for the Saints. They're going to really need all the DB help they're going to get with this one.

Old 12-21-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Good thing that Claiborne is back for the Saints. They're going to really need all the DB help they're going to get with this one.
I'm not worried about us on the outside. More so getting killed in the middle and Sproles really scares me.

Old 12-22-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not worried about us on the outside. More so getting killed in the middle and Sproles really scares me.
Jimmy Graham ^^^^^
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Ya, that guy

Old 12-22-2012, 11:37 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Saints are very beatable. If we lose, we beat ourselves. We got this...

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:46 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I picked against us the last 2 weeks and we've won. So I'll say 38-31 Saints so I wont jinx us lol

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 12-23-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Dez!!!! Man that guy looks good in shorts!!

Old 12-23-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to pocketaces again.
lol (10char)
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Such a waste of a pick.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Such a waste of a pick.
So lucky that New England traded us that pick and didn't take Dez for themselves.