Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-23-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Sorry I don't buy that. Tebow was one of the best college QBs running that offense. I just don't see how Griffin and Newton were not scrutinized like Tebow was. When Tebow was coming out three years ago people were saying that the spread option attack was not a viable offense yet over the past couple years more and more teams are implementing these concepts into their schemes. I am not talking about that dumbed down offense the Broncos ran last year because they lacked any type of ingenuity or innovation on how to build the offense around Tebow and instead set him up for failure week after week.

I do agree 100% he could be a running back but all the "experts" have been saying that he needs to be an H-Back, TE or Fullback - the reasoning for that is obvious yet no one wants to come out and say it.
In the first half, I thought Tebow consistently misread his keys on option plays. (Though this was only having viewed it once; a second view of the tape often reveals many things.) Oklahoma's defense seemed to be designed to take away the running backs and let him keep it. Maybe he just wasn't used to that kind of strategy, but when they ran the inside veer he kept giving it to the running back who would then be crushed by the man he was reading, and similarly on the speed or outside two-man option plays, the defense keyed almost exclusively on the running backs but Tebow kept pitching it. In the second-half, of course, Tebow kept the ball far more often and gashed the OU defense. (The announcers incorrectly said that in the second half the coaches were "calling Tebow's number," though they might have told him to keep the ball more on his options.) After Tebow kept it a few times, when he did let the runningback keep it, someone like Harvin had more room to then romp for big gains.

http://smartfootball.blogspot.com/20...s-edition.html

Thing was, even when he mis-read it at Florida (on a keep), he could just slam it up inside for 3-4 yards a pop.

From what I've seen of him, he has consistently been pretty bad at the read option in the NFL too. /shrug

He is/was pretty good at the pitch option stuff (Speed Option and the Inside Shovel Option), but that's a more direct, in-your-face read.

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR

Last edited by y.f.s. : 12-23-2012 at 05:58 PM.
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote