Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who gets your vote for Rookie of the Year right now?
Robert Griffin 55 37.93%
Andrew Luck 56 38.62%
Russell Wilson 34 23.45%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
xjxdarren
Rookie

xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
You're not American???
That explains a lot.
Thanks for heads-up, now I know Michael Bloomberg is a Mexican mayor -that amigo is doing a heck of a job; and some Americans still think the language they speak is American.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:23 PM    (permalink
xjxdarren
Rookie

xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
You're not American???
That explains a lot.

We Yanks don't use terms like 'glamours'. Does not compute.
Learn the local idiomatic expressions if you ever expect to effectively communicate on an American sports message board.
Oh sweetheart don't be mad. Some foreigners got your spot so you couldn't attend college?! I have avenged on your behalf so rest assured.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjxdarren View Post
Thanks for heads-up, now I know Michael Bloomberg is a Mexican mayor -that amigo is doing a heck of a job; and some Americans still think the language they speak is American.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Oh sweetheart don't be mad. Some foreigners got your spot so you couldn't attend college?! I have avenged on your behalf so rest assured.
Geezus :*

Let's keep it about the rookies... Who had the better game today RG3 or Luck?

And 38 posts with 91+ k rep... Double/triple/quadruple account FTW?
Old 12-23-2012, 04:59 PM    (permalink
xjxdarren
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
Geezus :*

Let's keep it about the rookies... Who had the better game today RG3 or Luck?

And 38 posts with 91+ k rep... Double/triple/quadruple account FTW?
What can I say, guess the quality of posts matters somewhat after all.

Nonetheless, your malicious hypothesis still somehow sounds flattering to my ears though. So thank you for the compliment from the bottom of my heart!

Last edited by xjxdarren : 12-23-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe the thing that truly seperates Luck and RG3 is coaching?
I think this is the smartest statement in this entire thread.

Colts system is WAY too vertical. They average the most yards per pass attempt and don't utilize their RBs in the passing game.

Call me a homer, but I honestly think that if the coaches would just try to run a balanced and more conservative system, Luck would take it.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am giving my vote to Luck. He got the Colts to 10 wins. Cousins is responsible for 2 of the Redskins victories this season. Cousins performance last week vs the Browns also makes me wonder if its more the system in Washington. Who is to say the Redskins wouldn't be in almost the same position if Cousins was starting all season.

The Redskins went out last offseason and picked up some free agents to begin building a team for Griffin. Luck's primary weapon all season has been Reggie Wayne. Griffin has a running back that could make his own case for OROTY. Griffin was put in a much better situation than Luck. For Luck to take a 2-14 team and lead them to 10 wins is a very impressive feat.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
xjxdarren
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I think this is the smartest statement in this entire thread.

Colts system is WAY too vertical. They average the most yards per pass attempt and don't utilize their RBs in the passing game.

Call me a homer, but I honestly think that if the coaches would just try to run a balanced and more conservative system, Luck would take it.
I don't think it's exactly verticality that is presenting problems for colts, but how exactly verticality is manifested - for instance the heavy lean toward isolated trips formation to one side instead of true spreads that seek to maximize field space utility. Every time Arians calls a one-sided WR look in obvious pass situations opposing defense almost always crowd the line and man-blitz. In those situations the OL hasn't been reacting very properly.

Last edited by xjxdarren : 12-23-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:42 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I am giving my vote to Luck. He got the Colts to 10 wins. Cousins is responsible for 2 of the Redskins victories this season. Cousins performance last week vs the Browns also makes me wonder if its more the system in Washington. Who is to say the Redskins wouldn't be in almost the same position if Cousins was starting all season.

The Redskins went out last offseason and picked up some free agents to begin building a team for Griffin. Luck's primary weapon all season has been Reggie Wayne. Griffin has a running back that could make his own case for OROTY. Griffin was put in a much better situation than Luck. For Luck to take a 2-14 team and lead them to 10 wins is a very impressive feat.
g

So dumb.. Cousins threw the TD and ran in the two point conversion but so would have RG3. Cousins had very little to do with that drive aside from cashing it in and running through a split sea of defenders

Luck today would have not won against a pathetic KC team if not for Butler and the skins game wouldn't have been close if not for Morgan being, well Morgan...
Old 12-23-2012, 05:47 PM    (permalink
xjxdarren
Rookie

Quote:
g

So dumb.. Cousins threw the TD and ran in the two point conversion but so would have RG3. Cousins had very little to do with that drive aside from cashing it in and running through a split sea of defenders

Luck today would have not won against a pathetic KC team if not for Butler and the skins game wouldn't have been close if not for Morgan being, well Morgan...
So dumb... BG3 never gets any turnovers from his defense, unlike Luck's, which allowed 300+ rushing yards, the league high this year, among the 500+ total yards that they surrendered to a chiefs team
Old 12-23-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't even know wtf is going on anymore in this thread. I is so confuzzled.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
BG3 never gets any turnovers from his defense, unlike Luck's
Ummmm ... yeah.

Turnovers from Colts defense.

It's nice to judge that by one game, but for the season, Colts defense is among the worst in forced turnovers.

Honestly, I have NO IDEA how Colts are 10-5.

Statistically, Colts are among the worst in most categories.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
xjxdarren
Rookie

Quote:
Ummmm ... yeah.

Turnovers from Colts defense.

It's nice to judge that by one game, but for the season, Colts defense is among the worst in forced turnovers.

Honestly, I have NO IDEA why Colts are 10-5.

Statistically, Colts are among the worst in most categories.
Which makes those BG3-backers' argument citing colts' defense's presumed superiority infinitely more silly.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I'm a Luck supporter, and I don't know if it should be him.

There are some arguments for and against him.

Pros:
- This team relies on the passing game A TON. They don't even use RBs as receivers often. This is a very aggressive system.
- He is VERY good on 3rd and 4th downs. Countless times he has made 2 bad throws on initial downs to put the team in 3rd-and-long only to make a great play to move the sticks.
- A lot of pressure to outscore a mediocre defense.
- Has to play behind one of the worst O-Lines in NFL.
- Rookie passing yards record.
- Rookie come-from-behind record.
- From 2-14 to 10-5.

Cons:
- Too many turnovers.
- Not as efficient as you want him to be.
- He hasn't been the only good addition in the off-season. Great rookie class (Hilton, Allen, Ballard, Fleener and Brazill), plus some good veterans (Redding, V. Davis, Butler, Avery, Justice, Shipley and Freeman) have also contributed to this team's turnaround. Grigson had a very good first year at the helm.
- Good in wins, but he has also been terrible in losses.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
tmljeh19
Rookie

tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hooray another thrilling comeback against the powerhouse Chiefs. It couldnt be another struggle victory over a sub .500 team could it? Its like I've seen this before from Luck. Hmmmm....
Old 12-23-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmljeh19 View Post
Hooray another thrilling comeback against the powerhouse Chiefs. It couldnt be another struggle victory over a sub .500 team could it? Its like I've seen this before from Luck. Hmmmm....
I don't think this one counts as comeback.

Chiefs never led.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:30 PM    (permalink
tmljeh19
Rookie

tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tmljeh19 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't think this one counts as comeback.

Chiefs never led.
Im sorry Ill correct myself. Another thrilling victory over a sub .500 team. Yawn!!!
Old 12-23-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Im sorry Ill correct myself. Another thrilling victory over a sub .500 team. Yawn!!!
You are right.

Another one.

Just like that 18-point comeback vs. medicore 2-2 Packers. Yawn!!!
Old 12-23-2012, 06:37 PM    (permalink
tmljeh19
Rookie

Quote:
You are right.

Another one.

Just like that 18-point comeback vs. medicore 2-2 Packers. Yawn!!!
Im sorry they only beat ONE decent team.

I love how you guys cite the ONLY game they beat a team better then them. I love it :)

Last edited by tmljeh19 : 12-23-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
tmljeh19
Rookie

You fail to see the big picture. So just stop while you are very far behind.

And please dont compare the Chiefs to the Eagles. It makes you look even more clueless.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
xjxdarren
Rookie

Quote:
Sincere appreciation for reminding me that Minnesota is a horrible team without redemption.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
xjxdarren
Rookie

Quote:
Speaking of falling behind, I may be seeing a very lengthy red bar underneath someone's profile picture.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:43 PM    (permalink
tmljeh19
Rookie

Quote:
Speaking of falling behind, I may be seeing a very lengthy red bar underneath someone's profile picture.
OH NO!!! Whatever shall I do with a neg rep??? The horror!!! Get a life lol
Old 12-23-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I love how you guys cite the ONLY game they beat a team better then them. I love it :)
They beat teams that were put in front of them. Just like the Skins.

Washington's wins haven't exactly been eye-popping. Ravens, Giants and Cowboys are quality, but not spectacular.

Skins also beat the Vikings, but so did the Colts.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:44 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

And please dont compare the Chiefs to the Eagles. It makes you look even more clueless.
Yes, because a talented team starting a bad QB with horrible management that has lost the vast majority of its games is much different than a talented team starting a bad QB with horrible management that has lost the vast majority of its games.
Closed Thread