Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-23-2012, 08:43 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Silver Linings Playbook was great. Bradley Cooper was better than I expected and Jennifer Lawrence was as gorgeous as always.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:48 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job Reborn View Post
Peter Jackson wants make a fuckton of cash.
I think this is more accurate.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I think this is more accurate.
Nice grammar, Brent.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Nice grammar, Brent.
Do you hear that sound? That's the sound of no one but you giving a ****.

But, by all means, allow pointing grammar mistakes on a web forum give your life purpose.

Old 12-23-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh hey look, it's Brent being a douchebag to continue to prove that he can be a douchebag simply to be a douchebag. Well done yet again, it's impressive that an English teacher has such horrid grammar but I guess that's Texas for ya.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-23-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, I enjoyed The Hobbit.
Old 12-23-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Oh hey look, it's Brent being a douchebag to continue to prove that he can be a douchebag simply to be a douchebag. Well done yet again, it's impressive that an English teacher has such horrid grammar but I guess that's Texas for ya.
Yeah, you're right. My minor mistake on a lesser internet forum is reflective of my entire body of work as an educator. Thank you for reminding me how awful I am as a human being.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Meh, when you stop being a giant asshole who turns a joke on grammar into a personal dig, I'll stop reminding you.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-23-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I though the Hobbit was way awesome and I have no idea why it got kinda lukewarm reviews.....it was long but so were the other 3 LOTR movies, and those got great praise. In fact I would say the Hobbit has an advantage over those in how the length was handled in that it drags a bit at the beginning (when they are at Bilbo's house) but it picks up as the movie goes on and is more and more enjoyable so it doesn't feel like it's as long as it is. The LOTR movies dragged more towards the end than the Hobbit did (esp. the extended versions). They packed so much extra stuff into that movie that wasn't in the book (but was implied to have happened) and stuff from the Simarillion (sp?). I can definitely see how they can make 3 movies out of it after being curious about how they would stretch it out before. Can't wait for "Desolation of Smaug".

Also I did see it in super hi-def 3D in one of those awesome movie theatres, and it definitely added to it.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
I though the Hobbit was way awesome and I have no idea why it got kinda lukewarm reviews.....it was long but so were the other 3 LOTR movies, and those got great praise. In fact I would say the Hobbit has an advantage over those in how the length was handled in that it drags a bit at the beginning (when they are at Bilbo's house) but it picks up as the movie goes on and is more and more enjoyable so it doesn't feel like it's as long as it is. The LOTR movies dragged more towards the end than the Hobbit did (esp. the extended versions). They packed so much extra stuff into that movie that wasn't in the book (but was implied to have happened) and stuff from the Simarillion (sp?). I can definitely see how they can make 3 movies out of it after being curious about how they would stretch it out before. Can't wait for "Desolation of Smaug".

Also I did see it in super hi-def 3D in one of those awesome movie theatres, and it definitely added to it.
The Fellowship was a bit slow in the beginning, IMO. Also, Tolkein's family will never give up rights to the Silmarillion, none of that is in there, I think you are thinking of the Appendices. But IMO, not that much relevant to the time between the Hobbit and LoTR happens in the Appendices.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw This is 40 the other night and thought it was pretty ******* hilarious. Anyone with me?

And God Damn I love me some Megan Fox boobies!

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
The Fellowship was a bit slow in the beginning, IMO.
Slowest of the three movies, yet was the best of them.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
The Fellowship was a bit slow in the beginning, IMO. Also, Tolkein's family will never give up rights to the Silmarillion, none of that is in there, I think you are thinking of the Appendices. But IMO, not that much relevant to the time between the Hobbit and LoTR happens in the Appendices.
yeah, that's what i mean, though they do reference some of that stuff in those books, but that' a whole other mater.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Hobbit was ******* awesome. It was a little dragged out but I cannot wait for the next two.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:19 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Character actor Charles Durning dies

I'm sad.:(
Old 12-25-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last Christmas Story is onnnnm
Old 12-25-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really enjoyed The Hobbit too.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Django > Hobbit

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-25-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Django was total Tarantinonian fun. Very good, very enjoyable.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gonna see that next week. Anyone see Les Mis today?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 12-25-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
Django was total Tarantinonian fun. Very good, very enjoyable.
The one thing I didn't care for was QT's random character and his horrid Australian accent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Gonna see that next week. Anyone see Les Mis today?
Will see it later this week if I get the chance, but my sister liked it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-25-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Why would you see it if you hate musicals? And how could you hate musicals?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 12-25-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
saw les mis. on my short list of 10 worst movies i've ever watched. but i hate musicals, so if those are more your style, it might not be so bad.
Your standards are probably just impossibly high after The Tree of Life.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I assume NJX hating it means it will win many, many Oscars?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Does that mean you hate Once?

RIP TheManInBlack