Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-24-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I like how you guys attack gaps. And I love the physicality the secondary plays with. Maybe that is not coached, maybe that's just the players being good players, and if that's the case then my opinion of him could change, but I love the fronts you guys use. It's a good hybrid.

But what I really like about your defense is the talent, the tackling, and the physicality and range of the secondary. So maybe I'm falling in love with the talent and giving the DC too much credit for it. I could be guilty of that.

I just love Seattle's defense. It's my favorite defense in the league for my money. Great DL, great LB core, the best secondary in the league. It's just a great defense.
What about Seattle's LB coach Ken Norton Jr as a DC option?
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jauron would be even worse than Fewell. At least Fewell has shown he'll blitz if he has complete confidence in his secondary, which is much more aggressive than Jauron.

I'd be all for an upgrade and the organization can't have this mentality, but as a fan, I don't trust them to bring in a better DC unless somehow spags is available, I could see the team bringing him back, but I just can't see them going out and finding a creative and aggressive guy that can really get the most of this defense.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 12-24-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No chance we can steal a DC from another team. Position coaches, college coaches, retired coaches and fired coaches are our only options. I've said it before, Will Muschamp would be great but sadly is so unlikely. I love his aggressive play calling. I just can't see him leaving for a coordinator job though, and if he did he would be gone in a year or two as a head coach.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a fan of Jauron. He's another Cover 2 guy, and if we're going Cover 2, the only Cover 2 guy I'd want to entertain is Lovie Smith.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Rex Ryan gets fired by some miracle, I'd be ALL over that. Ryan is a tremendous DC.
Coughlin wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole. He's a great defensive coach but the circus that comes with him is insane.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't believe in the Hang over BS. There is no hang over. Other explainable components or factors were reasons why. From coaching, to injuries, to flat our bad play. Hang over, lol, like some kind of magic gripped this team's performance. Why not blame it on the BBI trophy? That's not to BBD, but in general, this hang over excuse keeps popping up. I don't buy that for second. Our inept play is explainable.

No home Cruz 99 yard homers. No more home run balls for this year after that Bucs game where Nicks and Cruz were going yard. As the season went on this stupid offense had issues just getting on base. Forget HR. Those homers covered up some weaknesses we have. For us our offense is BOOM or BUST. I have said that in the past, but maybe we need to get away from those two extremes. Somewhere in the middle might be nice. If we are not going yard, this year we got exposed. Getting a freaking 3rd down last game was hard enough for this offense.

They'd go 3 and out And the defense would come on the field and get bent over! No there is no hang over or BBI curse. These are all explainable factors which caused this to happen.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, Merry Xmas to everyone! Hope everyone is safe and got good stuff from Santa!
Old 12-25-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes! Merry Christmas to all the awesome Giants fans on this board. It does put things in perspective, oddly enough, after we lost one of our fellow DC posters but you guys are awesome.

For all the bickering, fighting and debating we do you guys are still awesome. Even with all the joking around I do with GF and Scotty being Rutgers fans I love you all.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happened? Who did we lose?
Old 12-26-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
What happened? Who did we lose?
Themaninblack.
Old 12-26-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Themaninblack.
Yeah I saw it when I went to the offtopic section. Sad. RIP.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow just saw this. Terrible news.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As for DC, I can only hope that Fewell gets fired. If he gets lit up vs the Eagles, that might do him in. If we win, he might get 1 more year to my dismay.
It is pathetic that we have to think like that. Coughlin and the front office are way to loyal to these coordinators. The Ravens are a division winner and fired their coordinator midseason, the front office shouldn't be so blind.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks like Martellus Bennett wants to return next season and wants his brother here too.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-joining-team/
Old 12-27-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bennett coming back is important. We need some continuity on offense. He'll be somewhat cheap and has shown he's a solid all around TE.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-27-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I want Bennett back. Bring back Bennett, Nicks and Cruz. Franchise Beatty. The whole offense can stay basically, just get a RT, and 2 OGs, rework the playbook and we'll be fine on offense.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Don't want Boothe back?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-27-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

And it begins:

Quote:
CB Corey Webster will not be back on the Giants in 2013 unless he takes a "very" significant pay cut according to NY Dailynews #nyg #giants

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-27-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Webster and Tuck should too. Osi probably leaves, and let's see what we do with KP. This year and the following ones will be key with how we shape the team, draft, and add in FA. I think we have to be smart with our money.

Offense I went from very confident in, be it some things that annoy me, to skeptical. Defensively, I have ZERO faith in that sheet show.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

I think Boothe is a solid stop gap if we need to. With all the other positions we need to re-sign and all the defense we need to draft I wouldn't mind keeping him around another year and wait to address the position after the next season.
Old 12-27-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Agree with you on Boothe Forenci. I'd let Osi walk, keep Tuck as the 3rd/4th DE and have JPP and Kiwi start on the line. I'd go best available defensive position draft but hoping for DL or CB.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-27-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Boothe can be a stop gap, but if we have a chance to draft an OG or sign a better one than I hope we do. I don't want to settle for stop gaps if someone better is there.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

If we cut both Tuck and Osi, I wouldn't mind us bringing in Michael Bennett as a vet DE option, particularly if we can get him a little cheaper
Old 12-27-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
Boothe can be a stop gap, but if we have a chance to draft an OG or sign a better one than I hope we do. I don't want to settle for stop gaps if someone better is there.
Boothe isn't going to be cheap, I'd rather spend a little more for a good guard such as Andy Levitre (Buffalo).

If we could get Levitre and resign Beatty, the left side of our line is set for some time.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Pete View Post
Boothe isn't going to be cheap, I'd rather spend a little more for a good guard such as Andy Levitre (Buffalo).

If we could get Levitre and resign Beatty, the left side of our line is set for some time.
I'd rather draft OL. I think it's time to hit the OL and not just the mid round pick BBD gives me every year. That's the big issue. Few of those guys stick. Koets, Whimper, and Petrus are all gone! Brewer we are not sure of.

I really hope we don't waste mid round developmental guys on the OL. It seems more often than naught we misfire on that. If that position is BPA when we draft give me OL.