Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's it gonna be?
Andrew Luck 19 32.20%
Robert Griffin III 18 30.51%
Russell Wilson 22 37.29%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say **** em all. I'm voting Doug Martin.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good voting here though.... I like that.
We'll see how close our guys here are to the real voters.

One big week left to go to consider.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm no offensive lineman scout, but from what I'm hearing, the only reason Kalil isn't in this argument is because he doesn't have any stats for anyone to debate.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I'm no offensive lineman scout, but from what I'm hearing, the only reason Kalil isn't in this argument is because he doesn't have any stats for anyone to debate.
How often does AP run to the left?
Old 12-25-2012, 08:41 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I say **** em all. I'm voting Doug Martin.
You wanna be a rebel prock, look up Casey Hayward.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7529/casey-hayward
According to Pro Football Focus, quarterbacks have a passing rating of just 23.5 on throws into rookie CB Casey Hayward's coverage.

It's "by far" the best mark of any cornerback in the NFL, RevisIsland-like so far.

Hayward has taken on a lot of the responsibilities of Charles Woodson, including defending the slot. He joins Panthers MLB Luke Kuechly, Seahawks MLB Bobby Wagner, and Bucs WLB Lavonte David as defensive rookie of the year candidates.
Dec 21 - 8:33 AM
Source: Pro Football Focus

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/tag.../casey-hayward

Cornerback Casey Hayward
Comment: Hayward's six interceptions will grab your attention, as will 19 passes defensed.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes, j-mike did just nominate a packer corner in the OROY thread. A new all time low.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 12-25-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, j-mike did just nominate a packer corner in the OROY thread. A new all time low.
That is just exceptional. I can't even handle the greatness of that post.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RG3, Wilson, Luck in that order.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 12-26-2012, 02:26 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Mobile View Post
That is just exceptional. I can't even handle the greatness of that post.
Borderline sig-worthy homerism right there. OROTY discussion? Feeling rebellious? Well, J-Mike's got just the player for you - a Packers defender.

Made me laugh. High five, J-Mike.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:34 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Luck has done the most with the least talent available to him, and you can't argue with him clinching his team a playoff spot when they had the #1 pick the year before.

RG3 will lose to the Cowboys and kill his chances. Wilson has an amazing defense with a very good running game. Not very impressed with him.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:27 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Yes, j-mike did just nominate a packer corner in the OROY thread. A new all time low. Week 17 Poll: Rookie of the Year Going Into the Final Week
Hey haha.... let me just take a look above at the actual TITLE OF THIS VOTE here.... oh yeah, there... I don't see the word offensive. Or offense. Look above on your computer... what does it say?

I look up here and it shows Pro Football > Week 17 Poll: Rooke of the Year Going Into the Final Week

I always got great grades in reading too golly.

No, a guy shouldn't have to scroll back 3 pages to clarify what the thread means.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:37 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing here, I don't get why some people vote for Luck because he seems more experienced/polished/"he's doing it with more difficulty".
He also has the worst stats of the three, and the Colts are a fraud team this year. The only playoff locked team with a negative point differential.
26th defense in the league, barely squeaking out wins against the worst teams in the league, throw in a couple miracle wins, and 3 of the 4 serious contenders blew them out by 2+ scores.
Basically, I don't see how Luck is any better based on this season alone than Wilson or Griffin.

Also, I find it amazing we will have two RB's who will have over 1,300 yards, one possibly over 1,500 yards, and both have 10 TD's and neither one of them will seriously be considered for the OROY.

Also, <3 Packer homers, nominating a defensive player for OROY.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:07 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I think Luck has done the most with the least talent available to him, and you can't argue with him clinching his team a playoff spot when they had the #1 pick the year before.

RG3 will lose to the Cowboys and kill his chances. Wilson has an amazing defense with a very good running game. Not very impressed with him.
The Redskins defense has been just as bad as the Colts defense this year.

The Redskins were 25th in rushing last year, so the reason for RG3 having a run game, is because of RG3.

So basically the only difference between Luck and Griffin's talent is the receivers. Pierre Garcon, Leonard Hankerson, Santana Moss, Fred Davis...that isn't much better, if at all, than Reggie Wayne, TY Hilton, Donnie Avery and Coby Fleener.

RIP themaninblack
Old 12-26-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Hey haha.... let me just take a look above at the actual TITLE OF THIS VOTE here.... oh yeah, there... I don't see the word offensive. Or offense. Look above on your computer... what does it say?

I look up here and it shows Pro Football > Week 17 Poll: Rooke of the Year Going Into the Final Week

I always got great grades in reading too golly.

No, a guy shouldn't have to scroll back 3 pages to clarify what the thread means.
Since when do they votr on rookie of the year, regardless of the side of the ball? And when did we ever talk about defenders?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 12-26-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
xjxdarren
Rookie

xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.xjxdarren is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
The Redskins defense has been just as bad as the Colts defense this year.
That's a blatant distortion of truth. Washington has forced 27 combined turnovers this year; Colts 13.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
don't make me start a tony romo thread so you can suffer through 37 pages about why he's the worst qb in nfl history and is literally the only thing that's prevented the cowboys from winning every super bowl ever. i'd link it to every cowboys team forum i could find and it would be entertaining for like, the first 3 minutes before it wasn't anymore.
That why you shut down the week 17 OROTY watch thread? Wasn't entertaining enough for you? All you had to do was look at the difference between the week 16 and 17 polls to see why the thread had a legitimate basis. There's a new discussion thread every week. Why not just have a thread called "football" if there's no reason to separate active discussions by week? That's one of the worst thread locks I've seen here. That, and locking it three days after it was started suggests you got online in a foul mood and started swinging your sword, not that anything was really wrong with it or out of hand.
Closed Thread