Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's your MVP entering Sunday week 12
P Manning 28 50.00%
A Rodgers 4 7.14%
T Brady 12 21.43%
R Griffin 1 1.79%
D Brees 3 5.36%
M Ryan 2 3.57%
A Peterson 4 7.14%
A Foster 0 0%
M Lynch 1 1.79%
Other: Who? 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-24-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All I know is I'm going to argue if AD doesn't sweep. Bitches.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rooting for Rodgers, he's been unreal, Manning deserves it (again) but if Peterson beats the Packers Sunday then its real interesting.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Comes down to the final week for me!

And Rodgers is being taken for granted too! If Brady is in the conversation, A-Rod should be as well.
35 + 2 TDs, 8 INTs, best passer rating in the NFL.
He's left out because he was a robot last season.

At this very moment for me:

1) Peyton Manning
2) Adrian Peterson
3) Aaron Rodgers
4) Tom Brady
5) J.J. Watt
6) Marshawn Lynch
7) Matt Ryan
8) Adriel Jeremiah Green
9) Robert Griffin III
10) Brandon Marshall
11) Dez Bryant
Very well-said, and I can buy that, even though I'd go Peterson, Rodgers, Manning 1-2-3.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:57 PM    (permalink
49ers1984
Rookie

49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Comes down to the final week for me!

And Rodgers is being taken for granted too! If Brady is in the conversation, A-Rod should be as well.

35 + 2 TDs, 8 INTs, best passer rating in the NFL.

He's left out because he was a robot last season.

At this very moment for me:

1) Peyton Manning
2) Adrian Peterson
3) Aaron Rodgers
4) Tom Brady
5) J.J. Watt
6) Marshawn Lynch
7) Matt Ryan
8) Adriel Jeremiah Green
9) Robert Griffin III
10) Brandon Marshall
11) Dez Bryant

Call me stupid or OCD, but if Peterson plays well and the Vikings make the playoffs I think I give it to him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although I did think the point that Harvin was the MVP candidate at the midway point of the season was pretty good.

Peyton Manning is just... a god among men.
There is no way Manning is above Brady right now. Manning has 2 more TD's but 3 more ints. Brady beat Manning head to head and has played in a tougher division. The only win against a good team the Broncos have is at Ravens while the Patriots have beaten the Colts, Broncos and Texans.Not to mention Brady has played with a worse defense.
49ers1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ers1984 View Post
There is no way Manning is above Brady right now. Manning has 2 more TD's but 3 more ints. Brady beat Manning head to head and has played in a tougher division. The only win against a good team the Broncos have is at Ravens while the Patriots have beaten the Colts, Broncos and Texans.Not to mention Brady has played with a worse defense.
...Brady almost lost to the worst team in football. Largely because of his turnovers.

Meanwhile, Manning is leading the hottest team in the NFL right now.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well there are two different arguments.

One is valid. That you believe Brady should win the award over Manning. I strongly disagree, but a case could be made for him easily.

The other argument is that Brady somehow stands a chance to actually win. That argument is 100% incorrect unless Manning and AD are charged with murder tomorrow.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
...Brady almost lost to the worst team in football. Largely because of his turnovers.

If you havent watched the game the first one Int Ridley popped the ball up in the air and the safety was able to come down with it. I didn't see the second one but no it wasnt largely because of turnovers, it was largely because we played like **** in every facet of the game.

Regardless its Manning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers/Manning/Brady can all share MVP votes while AP wins it
Old 12-25-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well there are two different arguments.

One is valid. That you believe Brady should win the award over Manning. I strongly disagree, but a case could be made for him easily.

The other argument is that Brady somehow stands a chance to actually win. That argument is 100% incorrect unless Manning and AD are charged with murder tomorrow.
You sure about that?

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
If you havent watched the game the first one Int Ridley popped the ball up in the air and the safety was able to come down with it. I didn't see the second one but no it wasnt largely because of turnovers, it was largely because we played like **** in every facet of the game.

Regardless its Manning.
Eh, I'm a believer that 90% of interceptions are the QB's fault. Tipped balls usually happen because the ball wasn't where it should be.

I was just making the point to the guy saying Brady is clearly over Manning. You can't have it both ways though. You can't be the most valuable player, who arguably is carrying your team, without also being accountable for the poor games and bad play. Brady played a big part in making it a close game.

Not saying he isn't a solid MVP choice, but Peterson and Manning are far ahead of him in my opinion.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When did INTs become the ultimate measure of a QBs value? Somehow throwing more than 1 INT in a game now automatically means a QB had a bad game. It's like there a system of using INTs to measure a QBs performance:

0 ints = good game
1 int = average game
2 or more = OMG QB was terriblez bad game!

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
When did INTs become the ultimate measure of a QBs value? Somehow throwing more than 1 INT in a game now automatically means a QB had a bad game. It's like there a system of using INTs to measure a QBs performance:

0 ints = good game
1 int = average game
2 or more = OMG QB was terriblez bad game!
If you average 2 INTs a game that is an absolutely terrible, can't get much worse, season for a QB. Averaging 1 INT a game isn't so bad, but still not good, and certainly not MVP level. So yeah, while you were saying that in jest, it is correct.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
If you average 2 INTs a game that is an absolutely terrible, can't get much worse, season for a QB. Averaging 1 INT a game isn't so bad, but still not good, and certainly not MVP level. So yeah, while you were saying that in jest, it is correct.
What if that same QB averages 10 TDs per game?

A better way of judging a QBs performance is to throw out simple minded box score scouting and look at the overall game, not just the number in the INT column.

Old 12-25-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So QBs who average two picks a game often throw ten TDs? That's an intelligent comment.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 12-25-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
So QBs who average two picks a game often throw ten TDs? That's an intelligent comment.
You're the one that said it, not me.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

A quarterback has never thrown ten in a game so your what-if was ******* stupid. If a QB throws two picks a game he sucks.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 12-25-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
A quarterback has never thrown ten in a game so your what-if was ******* stupid. If a QB throws two picks a game he sucks.
And no QB in an MVP race throws 32 or more INTs in a year, which is besides the point that there's more to a QB than counting the INTs in a box score.

I watched the Broncos go on the road and beat Cinncy a few week ago, despite 2 ints by Manning. It was a good game in real football and a bad game in box score scouting fantasy football. Bad news for you is that the MVP is not a fantasy football award.

Old 12-25-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Obviously you can't base it on a single game box score but picks matter. Picks are turnovers. Turnovers are bad. Its not an end-all argument but its definitely a negative.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 12-26-2012, 03:57 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish there was a second half MVP trophy. Got bored and did some number crunching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Just to highlight the complete second half turnaround Romo has made, here's what his numbers look like in the second half. (games 9-16)

comp - att - yds comp% ypa lng td int sacks qb rating

194 293 2,291 66.2 7.82 85 16 3 20 103.8

Now look at league MVP candidate Peyton Manning in that same time frame

174 262 1,951 66.4 7.45 51 14 5 11 98.3

Oh, here's Tom Brady

170 281 2,135 60.5 7.60 83 16 5 12 95.7

Just for shits and giggles... Aaron Rodgers

138 215 1,765 64.2 8.21 72 14 4 18 103.7

Say what? Romo has been the best QB in the NFL in the second half. He's been the league MVP in the second half of the season, and he'd have to be in the discussion if not for the pretty bad first start.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:11 AM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I wish there was a second half MVP trophy. Got bored and did some number crunching.
AD wins in a landslide if there was a second half MVP trophy but yeah Romo has been really good too.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:44 AM    (permalink
49ers1984
Rookie

49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.49ers1984 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:

Maybe but Brady is having overall a better season. One game does not make Manning better. I can play that game to and ask why against the Chiefs the Broncos only had 17 points. Are you not forgetting that in the two previous games vs the Niners and Texans he played well and his team scored 34 and 42 points. The point of an offense is to score right so the Patriots are first in points scored in the NFL while having a much worse defense then the Broncos. Right now I have Peterson but if he does not get the rushing record Brady deserves it.

Last edited by 49ers1984 : 12-26-2012 at 06:50 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:49 AM    (permalink
49ers1984
Rookie

Quote:
Eh, I'm a believer that 90% of interceptions are the QB's fault. Tipped balls usually happen because the ball wasn't where it should be.

I was just making the point to the guy saying Brady is clearly over Manning. You can't have it both ways though. You can't be the most valuable player, who arguably is carrying your team, without also being accountable for the poor games and bad play. Brady played a big part in making it a close game.

Not saying he isn't a solid MVP choice, but Peterson and Manning are far ahead of him in my opinion.
So why have a double standard and not hold Manning accountable like at the Bengals and Chiefs and Falcons where he had bad games?
Old 12-26-2012, 09:24 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ers1984 View Post
So why have a double standard and not hold Manning accountable like at the Bengals and Chiefs and Falcons where he had bad games?
Bengals, he still managed to complete 77% of his passes, throw for 291 yards with a 8.31ypa, 3 TD's and yes, he had 2 picks, with a QB rating of over 100 and if it floats your boat, a QBR of 94.7.
Chiefs, I find it funny a bad game for Manning is a pretty damn good game. nearly 60% of his passes completed, 285 yards, 7.7ypa, 2 TD's and 1 INT. 90 QB rating, QBR of 71.3.
Falcons game is really the only game he has performed extremely poor in.

The only thing Brady really has on Manning is less interceptions. Everything else is the same, or in Manning's favor. Given the turnaround Manning has given the Broncos, I don't see how he isn't the MVP to be honest.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
you know, and the fact that for the vast majority of the season he's been the entire patriots team. denver may not be fighting for a bye week without manning, but anyone who thinks they weren't still the best team in the afc west is kidding themselves.

peyton shouldn't get an mvp vote this year.
So you're saying the Broncos would still be winning the AFC West with Tebow back there, or Osweiller?
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
So you're saying the Broncos would still be winning the AFC West with Tebow back there, or Osweiller?
He's saying that the rest of the division is SO bad that the Broncos could have had Blaine Gabbert at qb and they'd still win the division.