Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-24-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and btw, Dez only looks good in shorts, guys.
Old 12-24-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Loved what i saw yesterday despite the loss. I can't even blame the D, we have so many freaking injuries it's ridiculous. We played freaking Brady Poppinga for a good portion of the game. I ain't even mad. Thank you giants.
agree with you completely, but poppinga was making plays though, he used to play that position for gb a couple years back, maybe he can be our chase blackburn
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blogging The Boys ‏@BloggingTheBoys
FYI Dallas plays NFCE NFC North and AFC West in '13. Will play 1 of 4 NFCS teams and 1 of SF/SEA or STL

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Blogging The Boys ‏@BloggingTheBoys
FYI Dallas plays NFCE NFC North and AFC West in '13. Will play 1 of 4 NFCS teams and 1 of SF/SEA or STL
Another brutal schedule.

Was (2x)
NYG (2x)
Philly(2x)
Packers
Vikings
Bears
Lions
Broncos
SF/SEA or (STL would be nice)
Falcons (if we win) / Saints (if we lose and Giants lose) / Bucs (if we lose and Giants win)

At least the rest of the AFC West doesn't pencil in to be very good.

Raiders
Chiefs
Chargers
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:48 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Ellis ‏@josh_ellis11
RT @daniel_nieto21 We would be better off getting one of the NT and move Ratliff to 5 technique.} Ratliff's gone, brother.

Anybody know what thats about? Did I miss something? I know hes on IR but are we going to cut him?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know JJT made an article a few weeks ago saying we needed to part ways, but I don't think he made any references to knowing that he would. I'd guess the injuries, with the locker room spat with Jerry sealed the deal. It's going to be tough to just replace that though, and if you don't hit with your NT then your in huge trouble.

I still wanna sign Casey Hampton to a 1 year deal and ease in a 3rd round NT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't think it would make a lot of sense to release him this coming preseason. He has $6 million worth of bonuses yet and his base salary is $5 million according to Spotrac. It will cost us $1 million to release him rather than keeping him around one more year as a bridge to whoever we want starting for the foreseeable future.

Most interesting thing to see from this is what mold does Rob want at NT. Will be pursue another smaller, athletic player to compete with Lissemore (same build) or a space eater.

I mean looking at the potential FAs the only one I'm even remotely interested in would be Terrance Knighton.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:34 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Merry Christmas Everyone!!!
Same to you :)
Old 12-26-2012, 03:29 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Loved what i saw yesterday despite the loss. I can't even blame the D, we have so many freaking injuries it's ridiculous. We played freaking Brady Poppinga for a good portion of the game. I ain't even mad. Thank you giants.
Yes it's amazing. Take ILB spot. We lost BOTH Lee and Carter who were playing amazingly good. During the game Ernies Sims went down and then also Alex Albright went down.

Luckily the guy who only looks good in short is in beast mode.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:44 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Yes it's amazing. Take ILB spot. We lost BOTH Lee and Carter who were playing amazingly good. During the game Ernies Sims went down and then also Alex Albright went down.

Luckily the guy who only looks good in short is in beast mode.
The lack of pass-rush is kinda worrisome, but i'm excited for next year's defensive unit. We have a ton of talent in our front seven and at corner. We just need to patch some spots up and get some real NFL safeties. I think Rob can create some pass-rush with the guys that we got (when healthy).

Everything is gravy at this point. I feel good about Sunday, but i'm not gonna be mad if we lose (unless we just fail to show up). These guys have busted their ass all year, Romo did a 180 from how he was playing in the first half of the season, and given the ridiculous amount of injuries we've incurred, i can't be upset. Just chalk it up to bad luck and look forward to next year.

I'm just curious if maybe training camp was too tough for these guys or something. Maybe there's something we're doing wrong that's hurting our guys in the health department. Who knows.
Old 12-26-2012, 03:53 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Just to highlight the complete second half turnaround Romo has made, here's what his numbers look like in the second half. (games 9-16)

comp - att - yds comp% ypa lng td int sacks qb rating

194 293 2,291 66.2 7.82 85 16 3 20 103.8

Now look at league MVP candidate Peyton Manning in that same time frame

174 262 1,951 66.4 7.45 51 14 5 11 98.3

Oh, here's Tom Brady

170 281 2,135 60.5 7.60 83 16 5 12 95.7

Just for shits and giggles... Aaron Rodgers

138 215 1,765 64.2 8.21 72 14 4 18 103.7

Say what? Romo has been the best QB in the NFL in the second half. He's been the league MVP in the second half of the season, and he'd have to be in the discussion if not for the pretty bad first start.

For the guys that hate on him, take a chill pill. This team goes where Romo goes. Without him, we'd be complete *****.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:01 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm just curious if maybe training camp was too tough for these guys or something. Maybe there's something we're doing wrong that's hurting our guys in the health department. Who knows.
I just think it was our year. I can remember a ton of December games where we got to this point and it was like "wow, we managed to stay pretty healthy" while teams like the Giants and Packers are banged up every year. Plus, look at some of the guys who hare hurt. For as much as we love Sean Lee, he fell in the draft due to durability concerns, that was the only knock on him. Go back and read every scouting report on him, not many knocks on him as a player but can he stay healthy, and I think he's been hurt every year so far. Bruce Carter was hurt his last year in College, but don't think I'm ready to call him injury prone yet.

Ratliff is just old, and Ware eventually was going to have a year like this. He's not superman. If our offense had played anywhere near this good when our D was full strength we wouldn't have lost anything other then the Bears game.

Quote:
Just to highlight the complete second half turnaround Romo has made, here's what his numbers look like in the second half. (games 9-16)

comp - att - yds comp% ypa lng td int sacks qb rating

194 293 2,291 66.2 7.82 85 16 3 20 103.8

Now look at league MVP candidate Peyton Manning in that same time frame

174 262 1,951 66.4 7.45 51 14 5 11 98.3

Oh, here's Tom Brady

170 281 2,135 60.5 7.60 83 16 5 12 95.7

Just for shits and giggles... Aaron Rodgers

138 215 1,765 64.2 8.21 72 14 4 18 103.7

Say what? Romo has been the best QB in the NFL in the second half. He's been the league MVP in the second half of the season, and he'd have to be in the discussion if not for the pretty bad first start.

For the guys that hate on him, take a chill pill. This team goes where Romo goes. Without him, we'd be complete *****.

That is amazing. What bothers me about the Romo critics is when they act like he's such a fail waiting to happen, it's the stupidiest argument ever that Romo can't unfairly shake until he wins a SB. Nearly every game since we were 3-5 has been a playoff game and he's played amazing, if he had threw any of those games away he'd have been crucified for it. But he has us in prime position even with a wrecked defense. If he wins? Big deal. Everyone will move on the "pressure game" to the playoffs and talk about how he's just going to fail that one and forget that they said he would vs Washington.

If we win the first playoff game, then the next one is the real pressure game, and if he throws 2 picks it's "hahahahaha omgazzzz Romo failzzzz". All this week I've heard is how Romo, and this team fails in these situations. I guess 2009 doesn't exist though when we beat Philly to get in, then beat them again in the playoffs. Now it's hardly brought up at all.

Just so annoying for a QB who has played so great, and basically has to carry this team on his back with a few other players to win a game. No defense, Doug Free blocking, Murray fumbling inside the 5 yard line, but it's still all on Romo no matter what. Unfortunately that's how people perceive Romo.

That said, I think we win this game. This team has changed the last 7 weeks, Dez has changed, Romo has changed, hell even the protection has changed. I think we are hungrier, and I don't think RGIII is ready for the division crown yet. Defense in shambles or not, I haven't been confident in winning a game in a long time but I think we have this one.

Also, looks like if we win, we are locked in to the 4 seed, who has to play the 5 seed(Seattle) at home. Obviously that's the worst possible match-up IMO, but I think we can get hot and beat two rookie QB's in big games.

Quote:
Old 12-26-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being a Cowboys fan means you get the highs and lows of the Romocoaster. Everytime he has a good string of games, his defenders come out. Everytime he has a bad string of games, his haters come out.

He's the QB, the leader, the face of this franchise. If he doesn't win a SB, his stats don't mean as much. The NOR game was frustrating because even though you can't blame Romo for Austin's drops, you can blame him for not getting the ball to Dez sooner than he did. In the 2nd half he was completely ignored until it was too late.

I'm happy to have him over a lot of other QBs. He gives us a chance. But it's very often frustrating to have to live through his ups and downs.

Last edited by D-Unit : 12-26-2012 at 02:55 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

No, he's just held to a much higher standard than just about everyone else. Funny how you hardly see anyone criticize Brees for his ridiculous interceptions, but Romo has two bad games in the first half of the season and all of a sudden he's been a "rollercoaster". He had two pretty awful performances when the offense was in complete disarray. Our offensive line was awful, our best rb was hurt and our HC seemed like he had no idea what he was doing. Romo is playing as good as anyone right now, and i feel good about our chances at home vs Seattle if we can get into the playoffs. I like when we're underdogs. I feel like our team responds better when no one believes that they'll be anything but the typical Dallas team.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather he be our QB than not. I'd say there's not a ton of other QB's I'd rather have then him.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, remember last year when so many had Stafford and Newton ahead of Romo?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've had my fair share of criticism for Romo...and also realize how he gives a chance in each and every game..I agree 100% about the flack the media gives him....BUT as knowledgeable fans, you've got to admit that he's had his fair share of head scratching games, and failure to deliver games. Being criticized for those games comes with the territory. Right or wrong. We can't sit up here and pretend because he's been fantastic on this run that he hasn't been downright horrible through stretches as well. Much like he's put the team on his back and carried them, he's also damned them a couple times.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So you guys don't want Romo to be better? He's good as is? Immune from criticism? It's not his fault, rather it's the rest of the team's fault? Better stats than Peyton, Brady and Rogers, so that means he is better? Romo deserves the same credit that Brees gets?

Wow.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
I've had my fair share of criticism for Romo...and also realize how he gives a chance in each and every game..I agree 100% about the flack the media gives him....BUT as knowledgeable fans, you've got to admit that he's had his fair share of head scratching games, and failure to deliver games. Being criticized for those games comes with the territory. Right or wrong. We can't sit up here and pretend because he's been fantastic on this run that he hasn't been downright horrible through stretches as well. Much like he's put the team on his back and carried them, he's also damned them a couple times.
Nice! Let cooler heads prevail!
Old 12-26-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
So you guys don't want Romo to be better? He's good as is? Immune from criticism? It's not his fault, rather it's the rest of the team's fault? Better stats than Peyton, Brady and Rogers, so that means he is better? Romo deserves the same credit that Brees gets?

Wow.
Wasn't sure if that was grouped in with me or not, but that's not what I was aiming at in my post at all. I'm more talking about the media. Talking about how this is his big game, his chance to show up big when we need it, etc etc etc. When in reality they have been saying that the last 5 games or so, and every time he comes through it's like it gets pushed on to the next week. If he has a huge game this week and out plays RGIII we will hear the exact same thing from them next week.

I understand his past, I'm just happy for him that he's shown some growth as a QB who takes his craft seriously and wants to improve. We want him to carry our team sometimes but it takes a collective effort for the best QB's to look good. How bad has Eli looked the last few weeks? With the same offense he's always ran, so that's just an example. But more often then not Romo elevates our play, and I can't name a ton of QB's who if they were here could have done better.

Sure the Hall of Fame guys we'd take, their in the hall of fame for a reason. But aside from those there aren't many better. Guys like Schaub and Flacco will rack up playoff victories because of their team and organizations set them up for that and here Romo needs a herculean effort and he's done a good job lately honing it in.

I want to see all our players succeed but don't mind calling them out on their bad play at all.

Quote:
Old 12-26-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh man, I think Romo is real close to being in the elite class. I still say their ol is not that good. There are not many qb's I would take over him on this team. Some of the really good qb's in this league wouldn't be as good with this ol.

He has his low moments, but they all do. I will stand behind him.

So answer this: would u rather have him? Or take all of the starting qb's in the league, put their name in a basket and blindly draw another one?

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
Oh man, I think Romo is real close to being in the elite class. I still say their ol is not that good. There are not many qb's I would take over him on this team. Some of the really good qb's in this league wouldn't be as good with this ol.

He has his low moments, but they all do. I will stand behind him.

So answer this: would u rather have him? Or take all of the starting qb's in the league, put their name in a basket and blindly draw another one?
So your answer is that Romo doesn't make up for the weaknesses of this team, right? Cause every Romo defense goes back to our OL or the HC or the defense.

Is there a team without weakness?

Cause over here, if it's not the OL, then it's the WRs to blame, or the RB to blame, or the defense or the HC or the OC or the DC or Jerry... I've seen everything to blame with this team. But when it's Romo, he gets a pass so many times...

I wanna hear Romo supporters actually say something that's imperfect about him. Can it be done? Or is his defense always, "there are worse out there?"

The dude won't ever win a SB on his own shoulders... but I will have fun cheering for the Cowboys if they can progress.

If the Cowboys DO win a SB with Romo... it'll be because the questions about our OL and defense have stopped. NOT the other way around. He doesn't make up for weaknesses... THAT'S what his supporters are saying.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I will say you're one track minded D-unit. Romo DOES make up for the OL and WR play. Besides the 13-3 season, Romo hasn't had a consistent TEAM around him, always HUGE holes. Last year it was the defense(and OL).

He absolutely has had some pretty terrible lines. I won't blame the WR's because all the "wrong route" issues apply to two guys(Dez & Ogletree), and both of them would admit they've struggled. Romo makes WR's better(See Laurent Robinson, see Crayton, etc)...

The fact of the matter is, Romo needs pieces around him to beat the upper echelon of the league. He can carry a team to a 8-8, 9-7, 10-6, first round playoff type season....He'd need a TEAM around him to win a superbowl. That's not too much to ask, just means he's not a once in a decade QB(Peyton, Montana, Young, Brady). There's not a thing wrong with that either.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Well, I will say you're one track minded D-unit. Romo DOES make up for the OL and WR play. Besides the 13-3 season, Romo hasn't had a consistent TEAM around him, always HUGE holes. Last year it was the defense(and OL).

He absolutely has had some pretty terrible lines. I won't blame the WR's because all the "wrong route" issues apply to two guys(Dez & Ogletree), and both of them would admit they've struggled. Romo makes WR's better(See Laurent Robinson, see Crayton, etc)...

The fact of the matter is, Romo needs pieces around him to beat the upper echelon of the league. He can carry a team to a 8-8, 9-7, 10-6, first round playoff type season....He'd need a TEAM around him to win a superbowl. That's not too much to ask, just means he's not a once in a decade QB(Peyton, Montana, Young, Brady). There's not a thing wrong with that either.
Why isn't he a once in a decade type QB? From the excuses he gets around here you'd think he is. His supporters won't mention a single flaw.

I don't hate him. He just disappoints me and I'm not afraid to point out what I see. Because of that, I get labeled a hater, but I don't really hate him. His highs are great. It's been a fun season to cheer for the Cowboys so far. Win or lose this Sunday, I'll still feel that way. I have a ceiling on my expectations because of Romo. I feel like he can be a guy who can take us to the playoffs, but never win a SB. So I gotta feel good when he gets close to accomplishing that. What I DO hope for is that we can fix the rest of the team so that Tony can basically "lead the bus" to the top!

I thought we had that with our 13-3 season. We had 13 Pro Bowlers that year! Without that kind of support in the year's following, Tony hasn't done too well as far as making up the difference. Back to the "it's everyone else's fault" excuse book... and we haven't recovered since.

I hope someday we get 13 Pro Bowlers again and Tony can drive the bus to the top this time.