Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 3,492
Reputation: 201113
E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Romo has been very good from day one, but he's really been playing great since 2009. 2010 was kinda flukish with damn near all of those picks coming from weird pop ups, but he's been very efficient in the past four seasons. The thing I laugh about with his haters is that it's very hard to find a good QB, let alone one that's Pro Bowl level like Romo. When people are all, "Maybe we should trade him for some picks," it is funny considering that developing a good QB takes many years. Not only that but people forget Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Ryan Leaf(vomits), and Drew Henson. As far as I'm concerned I'd ride Romo until he retires considering he's got a great rapport with the three main receivers in Dez, Witten, and Austin. Austin and Witten are knocking on the door getting 1,000 yards receiving this year, so that says a lot when you have a good passing game connection like that.

Speaking of the receivers, Dez got robbed from the Pro Bowl. Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall are having monster years, but Julio Jones and Cruz aren't having the type of year Dez is. The guy leads the league in TDs, and he's 8th in yards. Spencer should have made it too because he's playing better than Ware, but that's how it goes with those things. People probably still think Dez is dropping passes and running incorrect routes. Oh well, he'll probably be an alternate.
__________________
"If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,293
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
No, he's just held to a much higher standard than just about everyone else. Funny how you hardly see anyone criticize Brees for his ridiculous interceptions, but Romo has two bad games in the first half of the season and all of a sudden he's been a "rollercoaster". He had two pretty awful performances when the offense was in complete disarray. Our offensive line was awful, our best rb was hurt and our HC seemed like he had no idea what he was doing. Romo is playing as good as anyone right now, and i feel good about our chances at home vs Seattle if we can get into the playoffs. I like when we're underdogs. I feel like our team responds better when no one believes that they'll be anything but the typical Dallas team.
One thing I thought funny this year was after our string of wins, Romo came out and called this team "mentally tough". That in a close game this team finds ways to win. Then we came out on Sunday and lost in OT to NOR. haha.

I do credit them for reaching OT cause they beat the odds on that one. It did show mental toughness. But the ironic thing is... with Tony talking about it... the whole time I was thinking.... It's not the Cowboys as a team that has had mental toughness issues... IT'S BEEN TONY HIMSELF! So to hear him come out like that, I was hoping Tony got over his own main issues. Let's hope he doesn't muff it up at Washington.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,300
Reputation: 177994
FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Why isn't he a once in a decade type QB? From the excuses he gets around here you'd think he is. His supporters won't mention a single flaw.
Because he's not...he's just not. He's not Peyton Manning, he's not Tom Brady, he's not Joe Montana. At his peak is he as good as them? Certainly...but consistently playing at a high level and under pressure is key...and he sometimes lacks that.

Quote:
I don't hate him. He just disappoints me and I'm not afraid to point out what I see. Because of that, I get labeled a hater, but I don't really hate him. His highs are great. It's been a fun season to cheer for the Cowboys so far. Win or lose this Sunday, I'll still feel that way. I have a ceiling on my expectations because of Romo. I feel like he can be a guy who can take us to the playoffs, but never win a SB. So I gotta feel good when he gets close to accomplishing that. What I DO hope for is that we can fix the rest of the team so that Tony can basically "lead the bus" to the top!
The thing is...Where you try to find "romo defenders" neevverr blaming him, romo haters will find every reason to blame him as well. I don't feel like looking, but I think you blamed Tyron's struggles on Romo...That's simply asinine to me. Love or Hate PFF, but they're pretty consistent in their grading, and grade each position based on a bunch of factors. QB's get dinged for holding onto the ball too long, much like Linemen get dinged for getting beat.

It gets to that point where it's much like the Cowboys..either you love or hate them, there's no in between. Romo is an enigma like that. There's rarely any objectivity when it comes to him...Real football fans know his worth though, ask any Eagles fan if they'd choose Romo over Vick/Foles, there's about 26-28 teams that would hands down be better with Romo. Ravens would've won a couple superbowls with Romo at the helm. Do the Boys need to be loaded to win a SB with Romo? Maybe, maybe not, time will tell...but he's perfectly capable at playing at a high level for a string of games, and he's shown that.

Quote:
I thought we had that with our 13-3 season. We had 13 Pro Bowlers that year! Without that kind of support in the year's following, Tony hasn't done too well as far as making up the difference. Back to the "it's everyone else's fault" excuse book... and we haven't recovered since.

I hope someday we get 13 Pro Bowlers again and Tony can drive the bus to the top this time.
Ehh, that team was good, but they ran up against a buzz saw in the Giants DL. The Oline was much older and they regressed almost overnight after that season. I'm not absolving Romo, I don't think he played exceptionally well, but he makes Oline's look better then they are. The Vikings playoff game was another example of how bad the OL was. Just got bullied up front.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,293
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Romo has been very good from day one, but he's really been playing great since 2009. 2010 was kinda flukish with damn near all of those picks coming from weird pop ups, but he's been very efficient in the past four seasons. The thing I laugh about with his haters is that it's very hard to find a good QB, let alone one that's Pro Bowl level like Romo. When people are all, "Maybe we should trade him for some picks," it is funny considering that developing a good QB takes many years. Not only that but people forget Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Ryan Leaf(vomits), and Drew Henson. As far as I'm concerned I'd ride Romo until he retires considering he's got a great rapport with the three main receivers in Dez, Witten, and Austin. Austin and Witten are knocking on the door getting 1,000 yards receiving this year, so that says a lot when you have a good passing game connection like that.

Speaking of the receivers, Dez got robbed from the Pro Bowl. Calvin Johnson and Brandon Marshall are having monster years, but Julio Jones and Cruz aren't having the type of year Dez is. The guy leads the league in TDs, and he's 8th in yards. Spencer should have made it too because he's playing better than Ware, but that's how it goes with those things. People probably still think Dez is dropping passes and running incorrect routes. Oh well, he'll probably be an alternate.
I've never said trade him for picks. But to your point, it's actually becoming easier and easier to find QBs. College is preparing them to be ready much better than the past... Or you could say that the passing rules of the NFL are allowing college QBs to succeed better than they have in the past. College has always had high powered passing offenses putting up huge scores. The NFL is now trying to get there for the so called "entertainment value". You just have to do your homework right and not fall in love with a guy for the wrong reasons. ie. Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert... never were better ballers than Newton and Dalton. Luck, RG3, Wilson... guys who knew how to ball, can ball. It's all the scouting measurables that get teams confused... Locker had the "intangibles", Gabbert had the "prototype build", Ponder had the "smarts"...plus, you have to have the right kind of coaching staff. It's no shock that Harbaugh found and developed a QB before Wisenhunt.

Anyways, not to get too far off tangent.... I'm glad we have Romo over a lot of other QBs and I say that pretty often. I just know his limits is all. I accept that. I don't know if you guys do though.

...as I say that, all of our opinions are just opinions, even my own, and I know that. I hope everyone has fun out of these debates and doesn't take things out of context.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,300
Reputation: 177994
FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I've never said trade him for picks. But to your point, it's actually becoming easier and easier to find QBs. College is preparing them to be ready much better than the past... Or you could say that the passing rules of the NFL are allowing college QBs to succeed better than they have in the past. College has always had high powered passing offenses putting up huge scores.
I'm going to kill this entire argument. What young QB's in the last decade(maybe 2 decades) have done anything of merit in the playoffs without a top 5 Defense....I'll wait?

Big Ben, Flacco, Eli, Sanchez have all had GREAT defenses to lean on and been bus drivers early on(flacco, sanchez, Ben on his first).

You just named QB's that are highly touted that have gone on and done nothing, with arguably more weapons and better teams than Romo. There's sooo many factors from coaching to team character, etc, etc. Don't let the RG3's and Luck's skew your thought process..because they've had instant success. Matt Ryan has one of the best OL's in football, a decent defense, above average running game, and he's 0-4(I think) in the playoffs.
I live in Maryland, and the callers and radio are openly calling for Flacco's head, despite having made the playoffs the last 4 years(mostly due to his defense).

Sooo many factors. Much of Romo's issues revolve around Wade..but that's a different debate entirely.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 12-26-2012 at 08:29 PM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,293
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Because he's not...he's just not. He's not Peyton Manning, he's not Tom Brady, he's not Joe Montana. At his peak is he as good as them? Certainly...but consistently playing at a high level and under pressure is key...and he sometimes lacks that.


The thing is...Where you try to find "romo defenders" neevverr blaming him, romo haters will find every reason to blame him as well. I don't feel like looking, but I think you blamed Tyron's struggles on Romo...That's simply asinine to me. Love or Hate PFF, but they're pretty consistent in their grading, and grade each position based on a bunch of factors. QB's get dinged for holding onto the ball too long, much like Linemen get dinged for getting beat.

It gets to that point where it's much like the Cowboys..either you love or hate them, there's no in between. Romo is an enigma like that. There's rarely any objectivity when it comes to him...Real football fans know his worth though, ask any Eagles fan if they'd choose Romo over Vick/Foles, there's about 26-28 teams that would hands down be better with Romo. Ravens would've won a couple superbowls with Romo at the helm. Do the Boys need to be loaded to win a SB with Romo? Maybe, maybe not, time will tell...but he's perfectly capable at playing at a high level for a string of games, and he's shown that.
The love or hate with no in between is what is getting me in trouble. Why does it have to be that way? Why can't I be happy with Romo's successes and be mad at his failures? I don't love him and I don't hate him. Sorry. I know talking about his failures labels me as a hater, but that's not my issue. I don't feel like I go overboard in criticizing him and making up faults that he doesn't actually have.

Actually, I pointed out Tyron's strengths and weaknesses. Tyron's struggles allowing QB hurries were not pinned solely on Romo. I mentioned that I thought Free's struggles were part of it... forcing Romo to roll to his left more often than he should. I mentioned Garrett's preference for calling vertical plays that take more time to develop. I mentioned Romo, yes. But I didn't "pin it all on him". Just that Romo has a mentality that he feels like he can rely on his elusiveness to buy him time to throw or escape the rush. ...and he should because he's great at that. But it does have a factor in "QB hurries" for a LT... and QB Hurries was a stat that brought Tyron's grade down. Before you start to get too agitated you should make sure you've got the right perspective of what was said... just sayin'.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,293
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
I'm going to kill this entire argument. What young QB's in the last decade(maybe 2 decades) have done anything of merit in the playoffs without a top 5 Defense....I'll wait?

You just named QB's that are highly touted that have gone on and done nothing, with arguably more weapons and better teams than Romo. There's sooo many factors from coaching to team character, etc, etc. Don't let the RG3's and Luck's skew your thought process..because they've had instant success. Matt Ryan has one of the best OL's in football, a decent defense, above average running game, and he's 0-4(I think) in the playoffs.
I live in Maryland, and the callers and radio are openly calling for Flacco's head, despite having made the playoffs the last 4 years(mostly due to his defense).

Sooo many factors. Much of Romo's issues revolve around Wade..but that's a different debate entirely.
Do we even need Romo then?

Maybe we do trade him in order to build a top 5 defense. No?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,300
Reputation: 177994
FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Do we even need Romo then?

Maybe we do trade him in order to build a top 5 defense. No?
Cept you can get away with a average to great QB and a decent Defense to win a SB. I said name qb's that made noise in the playoffs, not QB's that won Superbowls. Eli, Big Ben, Brady, Brees, Peyton, Rodgers are all "elite". We can argue about Eli/Ben being "elite", but they had great defenses if you don't think they're in that upper echelon, the others are absolutely "Elite"... Brady, Brees, Peyton, Rodgers...are all elite QB's that have won SB's when their defenses were just average.

Romo is not elite...he's right on the cusp maybe...but not "elite". So he either needs a defense that plays lights out(Eli's Giants, Ben's Steelers), or he's got to be in the Brady/Peyton/Brees realm of QB's. He's close...but not there yet. Consistency is his issue.


We're in somewhat of an agreement here D-Unit. Romo's got his warts, he's not perfect...but I think where the "Romo haters" focus on his warts, the "Romo lovers" focus on his stats and great play.

Again, it's not wrong to point out either one. I've done both. Just have to realize he's much better than 3/4th's of the league, so be careful what you wish for.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,886
Reputation: 296885
Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Do we even need Romo then?

Maybe we do trade him in order to build a top 5 defense. No?
I think our defense is top 5 worthy when healthy
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 3,489
Reputation: 88707
leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I think that every player no matter who you are can and should strive to get better. After seeing Romo the last few seasons, I feel he has improved. But let's he's a gunslinger and is gonna sling the ball from time to time. I do feel that he's let the game come to him more in the 2nd half of the season and has cut down on a lot of those mental errors.
__________________

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,886
Reputation: 296885
Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
I think that every player no matter who you are can and should strive to get better. After seeing Romo the last few seasons, I feel he has improved. But let's he's a gunslinger and is gonna sling the ball from time to time. I do feel that he's let the game come to him more in the 2nd half of the season and has cut down on a lot of those mental errors.
I think having a decent offensive line would push Romo into the consistently elite category. It is too much to ask when your line has difficulty blocking and the offense is based on 5-7 step drops.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,293
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
I think having a decent offensive line would push Romo into the consistently elite category. It is too much to ask when your line has difficulty blocking and the offense is based on 5-7 step drops.
My basic hope is to fix the rest of the team so it doesn't have to rely solely on Tony.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 846
Reputation: 83182
dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Romo is a top 10ish QB, and certainly is playing at a high level this year, certainly in the 2nd half of the year.

But if he doesn't win on Sunday night, it will be for nothing. Certainly all the sycophants will roll out stat after stat when he gets his 26-39 for 307 and 2 TDs, but if it doesn't come with a W, it won't matter.

I know this is pretty simplistic, given he had 2 really bad games against the Giants and Bears which added to his INT numbers, and there are some games in there he's played well in losses like the Saints, but this is Romo in wins versus Romo in losses this year:

In Wins 202 290 2,251 69.7 13 3 103.1
In Losses 203 321 2,434 63.2 13 13 83.0

Can't turn it over, have to make 1st downs consistently (easily the thing that keeps Romo from being truly elite), have to win the game.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 4,052
Reputation: 323954
pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Who would you rather have, Tony the free agent or Eli the #1 overall pick? Is there another FA QB out there thats better or is playing better than Romo? I can name a ton of great Qbs that never won a SB, was it all their fault? Personally I believe Tony can but having a dumbass GM sure doesnt help, right? I also heard a rumor that Tony was spending extra time after practice to bond with Dez to help make Dez an elite receiver, much the way Eli does with his guys to build that "trust" looks like thats paying off

Like Ive said before, if you watch this team and come away saying they have QB problems, I dont know what to say. He is the least of our problems.

From BTB


The Cowboys rank 17th in sacks this season with 34 sacks after 16 games, and most key defensive linemen will be on the wrong side of 30 next year: Ware (31), Hatcher (31), Ratliff (32), Coleman (35) and Spencer (29) could make the Cowboys front five the oldest unit in the league next season - if no substantial changes are made.

The Cowboys have allowed a defensive passer rating of 95.7, higher than that of last year's 8-8 team (88.4) and higher even than the 92.8 of the 2010 team that went 6-10. In fact, that 95.7 is the worst value in franchise history, ahead of the 94.2 allowed by the 6-10 team in 2004 and the 93.9 given up by the 1-15 team in 1989. The Cowboys pass defense is showing ineptness of historic proportions.

The Cowboys' O-line was a mess for large parts of the year. Granted, they have improved over the course of the season, but in all honesty, this year's unit is not one bit better than last year's unit, and the Cowboys made wholesale changes to the line in order to make sure there would be no repeat of last year's performance. Yet here we are with the same issue all over again.

At safety, Gerald Sensabaugh will turn 30 next year and has four years left on his $22.5 million contract extension. The Cowboys have already decided that playing next to Sensabaugh in 2013, assuming Sensabaugh stays healthy, will either be Barry Church, who has started all of four games in his NFL career and is out with an Achilles tear, or Matt Johnson, who hasn't yet played a snap of NFL football. Is that a good enough plan? Danny McCray, Eric Frampton and Charlie Peprah add more questions than answers at the position.

These are NOT Romo "excuses" Just facts that our TEAM isnt all that good and is getting old is some key spots, thats all. Anybody think Jerry can fix these weaknesses and replinish our roster with youth? I have my doubts
__________________




The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Last edited by pocketaces : 12-26-2012 at 11:27 PM.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:02 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,293
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Who would you rather have, Tony the free agent or Eli the #1 overall pick? Is there another FA QB out there thats better or is playing better than Romo? I can name a ton of great Qbs that never won a SB, was it all their fault? Personally I believe Tony can but having a dumbass GM sure doesnt help, right? I also heard a rumor that Tony was spending extra time after practice to bond with Dez to help make Dez an elite receiver, much the way Eli does with his guys to build that "trust" looks like thats paying off

Like Ive said before, if you watch this team and come away saying they have QB problems, I dont know what to say. He is the least of our problems.

From BTB


The Cowboys rank 17th in sacks this season with 34 sacks after 16 games, and most key defensive linemen will be on the wrong side of 30 next year: Ware (31), Hatcher (31), Ratliff (32), Coleman (35) and Spencer (29) could make the Cowboys front five the oldest unit in the league next season - if no substantial changes are made.

The Cowboys have allowed a defensive passer rating of 95.7, higher than that of last year's 8-8 team (88.4) and higher even than the 92.8 of the 2010 team that went 6-10. In fact, that 95.7 is the worst value in franchise history, ahead of the 94.2 allowed by the 6-10 team in 2004 and the 93.9 given up by the 1-15 team in 1989. The Cowboys pass defense is showing ineptness of historic proportions.

The Cowboys' O-line was a mess for large parts of the year. Granted, they have improved over the course of the season, but in all honesty, this year's unit is not one bit better than last year's unit, and the Cowboys made wholesale changes to the line in order to make sure there would be no repeat of last year's performance. Yet here we are with the same issue all over again.

At safety, Gerald Sensabaugh will turn 30 next year and has four years left on his $22.5 million contract extension. The Cowboys have already decided that playing next to Sensabaugh in 2013, assuming Sensabaugh stays healthy, will either be Barry Church, who has started all of four games in his NFL career and is out with an Achilles tear, or Matt Johnson, who hasn't yet played a snap of NFL football. Is that a good enough plan? Danny McCray, Eric Frampton and Charlie Peprah add more questions than answers at the position.

These are NOT Romo "excuses" Just facts that our TEAM isnt all that good and is getting old is some key spots, thats all. Anybody think Jerry can fix these weaknesses and replinish our roster with youth? I have my doubts
Firstly, I didn't see anyone here calling Romo the problem of the team. Certainly not me. There are definitely bigger holes on this team. In all of the mocks that I've done this year, I've only given us a QB once... in Round 3 or 4... can't really remember the round (but it was EJ Manuel). So obviously I don't think QB is "the" problem here. I'm just sharing my opinion that I don't think he has it in him to win the SB unless we have a great cast around him. I get bashed for that, but the supporters are saying the same when they blame the OL or something else. It's the same thing said a different way. "Romo can't do it w/out more help" is the same thing as saying "it's not Romo's fault, he doesn't have enough help". I think he can get us back to the playoffs though.

As for our walking dead defense, I don't think it takes reading BtB to know that they have gotten worse as our injuries continued to pile up on each other. Yet they have done well keeping us in games and making enough stops to get our offense the ball back... Our offense hasn't done them any favors either... whether fumbling the ball in the redzone, not making 3rd down conversions, or heck... even scoring too quickly... Garrett has put a lot of pressure on the defense. I'm not gonna pay any attention to anything that's blaming them for our season. They have done a heck of a job dealing with adversity.

Last edited by D-Unit : 12-27-2012 at 03:08 AM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:02 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 20,859
Reputation: 1975849
LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The dude won't ever win a SB on his own shoulders...
.
But who can? That's an honest question..

How many QB's can we realistically say can do this if we are honest? Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, then who? I don't think I am a Romo hater or supporter, but I don't like holding him to these types of standards. That's my only gripe. Sure, let's call Romo out on a bad game or where he needs to improve, but let's not hold him to HOF standards. I agree he can't win a SB on his own shoulders, we need other people, or a side of the ball to step up.


That's been the same for nearly every QB that has ever played the game or Dan Marino would have won a couple by just putting the team on his shoulders.


When it boils down for me, I think Romo is a top 10 QB, once you get to naming 6-10 you start reaching guys who have either had no playoff success, no regular season success, or have plenty of things they need to improve on also. Considering how many teams would love to have a top 10 QB and how bad our QB situation has been in years before, I'm very happy to have Romo, and that's taking the good(right now) with the bad(last years Jets & Lions game).
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 3,489
Reputation: 88707
leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I don't know of a single QB that can win a SB on his own shoulders...to insinuate one can, you'd be highly incorrect IMO.
__________________

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 61,293
Reputation: 2501227
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
But who can? That's an honest question..

How many QB's can we realistically say can do this if we are honest? Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, then who? I don't think I am a Romo hater or supporter, but I don't like holding him to these types of standards. That's my only gripe. Sure, let's call Romo out on a bad game or where he needs to improve, but let's not hold him to HOF standards. I agree he can't win a SB on his own shoulders, we need other people, or a side of the ball to step up.


That's been the same for nearly every QB that has ever played the game or Dan Marino would have won a couple by just putting the team on his shoulders.


When it boils down for me, I think Romo is a top 10 QB, once you get to naming 6-10 you start reaching guys who have either had no playoff success, no regular season success, or have plenty of things they need to improve on also. Considering how many teams would love to have a top 10 QB and how bad our QB situation has been in years before, I'm very happy to have Romo, and that's taking the good(right now) with the bad(last years Jets & Lions game).
Nicely said. I can see that angle. I don't disagree about being happy to have Romo. But there are different levels of happiness. I'm happy that he's better than a lot of other QBs. I'm happy that he's the kind of guy who can make things happen off the seat of his pants. I'm happy to know that if the Cowboys address their other weaknesses that Romo can be the QB of a SB contending team. My happiness pauses there because I feel like I could insert a lot of other names in at QB IF the rest of the team's weaknesses were all top notch. Bottom line, I just know that I have to wait for that to happen because it's been 6 going on 7 years where it hasn't. Every year, we come away thinking, "if only this was fixed, or that was better... THEN Romo could win a SB". He's already been the QB with an OL that had 3 Pro Bowlers. He's had Pro Bowl WRs. He's had a Pro Bowl TE. He's had a Pro Bowl RB. He's had a consistent system to master. At some point, you want him to be the guy who can take the team to another level. To his credit, he took us out of the bottom of the dumps into medicority, but is that his max?

We've been stuck in mediocrity so long that I just can't expect more out of him unless we fix the rest of the team. So I'm waiting for that. I'm hoping to hell that we beat WAS and get to the playoffs, but I'd feel like one silly goat if I expected Romo to lead this team to a Super Bowl Championship.

Some people like to call this a QB driven league. Some people say coaches make a huge difference. Some people call it a QB/HC combo driven league. Some people claim this game is won in the trenches. Some claim defense wins championships. Some say you need playmakers in order to win. It makes for interesting debates. Basically, you need it all. But the QB gets all the glory and criticism. ha ha ha.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,886
Reputation: 296885
Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Nicely said. I can see that angle. I don't disagree about being happy to have Romo. But there are different levels of happiness. I'm happy that he's better than a lot of other QBs. I'm happy that he's the kind of guy who can make things happen off the seat of his pants. I'm happy to know that if the Cowboys address their other weaknesses that Romo can be the QB of a SB contending team. My happiness pauses there because I feel like I could insert a lot of other names in at QB IF the rest of the team's weaknesses were all top notch. Bottom line, I just know that I have to wait for that to happen because it's been 6 going on 7 years where it hasn't. Every year, we come away thinking, "if only this was fixed, or that was better... THEN Romo could win a SB". He's already been the QB with an OL that had 3 Pro Bowlers. He's had Pro Bowl WRs. He's had a Pro Bowl TE. He's had a Pro Bowl RB. He's had a consistent system to master. At some point, you want him to be the guy who can take the team to another level. To his credit, he took us out of the bottom of the dumps into medicority, but is that his max?

We've been stuck in mediocrity so long that I just can't expect more out of him unless we fix the rest of the team. So I'm waiting for that. I'm hoping to hell that we beat WAS and get to the playoffs, but I'd feel like one silly goat if I expected Romo to lead this team to a Super Bowl Championship.

Some people like to call this a QB driven league. Some people say coaches make a huge difference. Some people call it a QB/HC combo driven league. Some people claim this game is won in the trenches. Some claim defense wins championships. Some say you need playmakers in order to win. It makes for interesting debates. Basically, you need it all. But the QB gets all the glory and criticism. ha ha ha.
In the salary cap era there is no such thing as a perfect team and fixing one part of the team eventually leads to short handing somewhere else. I think the major problem with this team over the last 20 years has been throwing money and draft picks at aging players thinking that it would put the team over the edge. Combine that with a stretch of drafts that we didn't hit on an boom instant mediocrity.

Absolutely it is frustrating being a team that is an annual 8-8, 9-7 team that either barely makes the playoffs or just misses. I'm personally of the belief without Romo we would be 6-10 or worse every year for the last 5 years. Maybe that is what the team needs to hit rock bottom and rebuild from within but Jerry will never let that happen. The team will probably throw a good amount of money of extention money at Tony (who will be 33 at the start of next year) and toss money at Spencer to keep the boat floating. Then in three years when we are stuck in the same situation that we have been trying to battle out of, Ware will be 34, Romo 37, Ratliff 35, Witten 34 all possbile still under contract. Not to mention having to potentialy resign Dez, Lee, Murray, and Carter.

Last edited by Witten4HOF : 12-28-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:32 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: FT WORTH
Posts: 1,042
Reputation: 100338
HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I'm glad we have Romo over a lot of other QBs and I say that pretty often. I just know his limits is all. I accept that.---D-unit.

D-Unit-

I think you were being more argumentative at times more than anything. But this statement (by you) is how I feel, and I am glad you made it. More times than not he is a good QB to have. And the truth is, no matter what decade you speak of, there are usually only a few great QB's. The rest range from really good to poor. Romo is really good.

I would love to have Brady, but the only way to get a QB better than Romo is by getting rid of all of the talent on this team. Romo is the best QB we have drafted since Troy. And I have no faith in the front office drafting someone that can outplay him. So we are stuck with him. And I am ok with that, cause several teams are stuck with a lot worse.
__________________
I published my first book. Available in ebook or paperback! Check it out!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,886
Reputation: 296885
Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
I'm glad we have Romo over a lot of other QBs and I say that pretty often. I just know his limits is all. I accept that.---D-unit.

D-Unit-

I think you were being more argumentative at times more than anything. But this statement (by you) is how I feel, and I am glad you made it. More times than not he is a good QB to have. And the truth is, no matter what decade you speak of, there are usually only a few great QB's. The rest range from really good to poor. Romo is really good.

I would love to have Brady, but the only way to get a QB better than Romo is by getting rid of all of the talent on this team. Romo is the best QB we have drafted since Troy. And I have no faith in the front office drafting someone that can outplay him. So we are stuck with him. And I am ok with that, cause several teams are stuck with a lot worse.
very well said. Agree 100%
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:33 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,300
Reputation: 177994
FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I'm not sure why, but i'm quietly confident about this game Sunday night.
Think the Boys handle business in D.C.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 545
Reputation: 40360
shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF
Absolutely it is frustrating being a team that is an annual 8-8, 9-7 team that either barely makes the playoffs or just misses. I'm personally of the belief without Romo we would be 6-10 or worse every year for the last 5 years. Maybe that is what the team needs to hit rock bottom and rebuild from within but Jerry will never let that happen. The team will probably throw a good amount of money of extention money at Tony (who will be 33 at the start of next year) and toss money at Spencer to keep the boat floating. Then in three years when we are stuck in the same situation that we have been trying to battle out of, Ware will be 34, Romo 37, Ratliff 35, Witten 34 all possbile still under contract. Not to mention having to potentialy resign Dez, Lee, Murray, and Carter.
You bring up a fantastic point regarding the youth we are going to have to resign in the coming years and all the vets who will be on the backend of their contracts. It's going to be a scary sitch going forward. I'm hoping Stephen Jones can convince the veterans to give us a home team discount for the chance to play on with the emerging youth knowing that they will need to be resigned.

It's not like it's a situation where those veterans haven't turned a tidy profit either. They have all received the payday from Jerry that they all deserved in their primes.
__________________
shane_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Mechanicsburg, PA
Posts: 3,489
Reputation: 88707
leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Payton resigned with the Saints, that will get rid of all those Payton to Dallas rumors. And besides, win or lose on Sunday JG will be back and I am a fan of that.

What does everyone think of Miles Austin's long term future with our team? I think he's a solid #2 receiver, but maybe slightly overpaid.
__________________

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:32 PM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 545
Reputation: 40360
shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod
Payton resigned with the Saints, that will get rid of all those Payton to Dallas rumors. And besides, win or lose on Sunday JG will be back and I am a fan of that.

What does everyone think of Miles Austin's long term future with our team? I think he's a solid #2 receiver, but maybe slightly overpaid.
I agree. I do think he is significantly overpaid but he brings a certain work ethic to the WR core. It's a shame that Romo doesn't seem to have that same connection with him as he used to. But I guess it makes us more rounded if Romo can rely on 4 different options next to Dez as opposed to just relying on Dez, Miles and Witten.

I am starting to come around on Garrett based on the way he's been putting together this team. It was just tough coming through the last two years having to watch a HC grow and make mistakes.
__________________
shane_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.