Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-27-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:12 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckeyeDan17 View Post
Interesting stuff.
Their videos are really interesting/weird. I have a feeling these are the type of strange/eccentric guys that I could really get along with. I heard their song Shuggie and love that song, especially the groove towards the end. The album that this is from is incredible, I bought it and plan on buying their album that comes out in February/March. In their album, its only two guys playing all the different instruments. Its really incredible all the different types of sounds they can get out of their music even within the same song. Incredibly talented group that I'd pounce at the opportunity to see live.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah - they got their career kicked off by opening for Of Montreal just like MGMT and they're a 2-man show just like MGMT used to be. (I'm obsessed with MGMT)

I'm excited as hell for their sophomore album too - it's titled "We are the 21st Century Ambassadors of Peace and Magic." How does one not get excited for an album with that title?

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:41 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah - they got their career kicked off by opening for Of Montreal just like MGMT and they're a 2-man show just like MGMT used to be. (I'm obsessed with MGMT)

I'm excited as hell for their sophomore album too - it's titled "We are the 21st Century Ambassadors of Peace and Magic." How does one not get excited for an album with that title?
Supposedly (I've read) they have a few guys who tour with them so their live shows can have the same feel as their recordings, but its not consistently the same people. They can play various different style of music, which is something I like in a band, they go from sounding like the Beatles, to Zeppelin, David Bowie, and so much more, and incorporate a newer electronic feel at times as well, that you get a feel for so many different genres and eras of music. I have a feeling it won't be long until they become huge, especially if they can build off of their work with this new album, which I totally agree with you on, btw, some musical artists are great at having that strangeness and eccentricity to their music, and they are one that works well because it is genuine.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolutely. I'm all about new unique sounds. Which is why I think 2013 will bring some unreal albums:

These guys obviously

MGMT has a self-titled album coming which they're in the late stages of recording (a dude from another band told a magazine in an interview that they let him listen to some of it and he said it was mind blowing and like nothing he has ever heard before)

Mark Foster of Foster the People said their sophomore album is coming in '13 with heavy influence from The Clash and The Beatles (I think he is one of the most talented people on a stage right now with his live range)

2013 will definitely bring the weirdness that we love.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

It seems like you're right, I like MGMT and Foster the People a whole bunch, wasn't aware of FTP's album coming out, though the timing since the last one adds up, those are two albums I'm real excited for. I saw FTP at Bonnaroo, and they were incredible, played some of their songs that weren't on Torches, which I was pumped for, because their "b-sides" of that album are just as good and better than some of the ones that made it onto Torches, IMO. I must say I am really excited for these albums now, and 2013 is shaping up to be a strong year for music again, if you know where to look.

Old 12-29-2012, 02:07 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Never seen Sons of Anarchy (it's been on my list of shows to watch for a while, but I still haven't gotten around to it), but I really like The White Buffalo. I have seen that he's had songs featured in the show a few times. If you like that I suggest checking out his other stuff.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Heard about this band from ESPN, actually, and youtubed them and this was their first result. I listened to a lot of their music last night, but this is my favorite. Such a unique sound in this song in particular.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:13 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why did it take me so long to get to this?

A Different Ship - Here We Go Magic

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 01-07-2013, 01:24 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last edited by fenikz : 01-07-2013 at 01:29 PM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:24 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Does anyone else listen to Alt J? If you don't, give them a listen, for some reason I have a feeling Gonzo might like these guys, especially. Really, really groovy, unique sound. Love everything about them musically.

Old 01-08-2013, 02:39 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Those of you who are music festival fans, Bonnaroo isn't announcing the lineup for about a month yet, but I've been looking into their inforoo website and all across the internet and have found a list of bands who (if you are to believe them) are confirmed as listed for Roo through a source. It's already shaping up to be another spectacular 4 days on the farm...

CONFIRMED FOR BONNAROO 2013:
- Passion Pit
- The xx
- Father John Misty
- Death Grips
- Jeff the Brotherhood
- Wolfgang Gartner
- Diiv
- Japandroids
- Alt-J
- Purity Ring
- Grizzly Bear
- Tame Impala
- Polyphonic Spree
- Trombone Shorty
- Pretty Lights
- Atlas Genius
- Young Empires

On this list alone is 10 groups I want to see, and 4 bands who would make my Roo incredible. And this is only a small sample of what may be to come. There are some great smaller acts that look like they have a strong chance of being there and some of the headliners this year that are being rumored are great as well.

Old 01-08-2013, 08:12 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Those of you who are music festival fans, Bonnaroo isn't announcing the lineup for about a month yet, but I've been looking into their inforoo website and all across the internet and have found a list of bands who (if you are to believe them) are confirmed as listed for Roo through a source. It's already shaping up to be another spectacular 4 days on the farm...

CONFIRMED FOR BONNAROO 2013:
- Passion Pit
- The xx
- Father John Misty
- Death Grips
- Jeff the Brotherhood
- Wolfgang Gartner
- Diiv
- Japandroids
- Alt-J
- Purity Ring
- Grizzly Bear
- Tame Impala
- Polyphonic Spree
- Trombone Shorty
- Pretty Lights
- Atlas Genius
- Young Empires

On this list alone is 10 groups I want to see, and 4 bands who would make my Roo incredible. And this is only a small sample of what may be to come. There are some great smaller acts that look like they have a strong chance of being there and some of the headliners this year that are being rumored are great as well.
I want so badly to go back to Bonnaroo, but may have to wait a couple years in order to hit some other festivals. I used to scan inforoo all the time, but the hypotheticals really got aggravating. Here is a might fine place to look up potential lineups: http://festival-outlook.consequenceo...-arts-festival

CoS has become my go-to for nearly all music news as they are very thorough and cover pretty much everything in nearly real-time. Nothing gets past them IMO.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 01-08-2013, 09:30 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

That looks very strong thus far.

I haven't been to a roo roo yet so id like to get there at some point in my life

Old 01-09-2013, 12:44 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:24 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
I want so badly to go back to Bonnaroo, but may have to wait a couple years in order to hit some other festivals. I used to scan inforoo all the time, but the hypotheticals really got aggravating. Here is a might fine place to look up potential lineups: http://festival-outlook.consequenceo...-arts-festival

CoS has become my go-to for nearly all music news as they are very thorough and cover pretty much everything in nearly real-time. Nothing gets past them IMO.
I'll definitely be going back to that as I go along in the waiting process. I've heard lots of rumors about Divine fits and Fleetwood Mac, which would be even more exciting additions to the list.

But seeing FJM, Alt-J, Grizzly Bear, and Tame Impala, those are what I would call my "Second headliners". They will either be on the Which Stage or one of the tents, but there show is going to be just as special to me as any of the headliners.
Quote:
That looks very strong thus far.

I haven't been to a roo roo yet so id like to get there at some point in my life
I would have to say so too, myself. It seems from the lists of expected bands that this will be a slightly more electronic-themed Roo than last year, but there are still plenty of the smaller acts and a few of the bigger names being thrown around that are outside of that, which is what is so great about Roo. I will always suggest that people go to events like Bonnaroo, as long as you have the means to do it. It really is unlike any other place in the world. For four days you are in your own little utopia. Everyone who is there is there for the same reasons, to have a whole bunch of fun and listen to some of the best music in the world. There's people from all over the country and plenty of people from all over the world. I met and talked to a few different people who flew over to the U.S. last summer for Roo too. It becomes its own community and everyone is just nicer, kinder, and more helpful, toward perfect strangers, than in real life.

It really doesn't make sense for people who haven't been before, but there really isn't a better 4 day stretch in my life, and people who haven't been really can't understand, no matter how well I try to explain. On the last day of Roo last year, Justin Vernon and Bon Iver had a moment in their set where I knew that I would be back every year that I could. As long as I have working legs and ears, I am going to Roo. If there is anything that is worth the 200-300 dollar ticket, its Bonnaroo.

Last edited by eaglesalltheway : 01-09-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:40 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

As you all can see, I've been getting myself extra amped up over Roo the last few days, lol. With them announcing some of their clues as to who is in the lineup over the past week or so, I can't help it. But those of you who are considering going who have any questions about Roo (and I mean any questions, from atmosphere, experience, to prices of tickets and whatnot) I'll do my best to answer them. We talk about it occasionally in this thread, but I would really like to meet up with some of you guys on here, because honestly, if it wasn't for the music that has been shared on this site, I wouldn't have gotten the exposure to all of the different music that are at festivals like Bonnaroo. Its a life changing thing, it really is, and I want to share and spread that as much as possible. Bonnaroo's motto is "radiate positivity", and though I've been that type of person even before Roo, it instills that mindset in you after you see the ~80,000 around you who are all doing just that. That mentality sticks with you too, it's been almost 7 months now since I came home from Roo and if anything, the affect that place has had on me has only grown as I have come to appreciate different parts of my experience there that I couldn't realize until I'd been away from it for a while. This probably sounds like the ramblings of someone reflecting on an acid trip or someone in the midst of an acid trip or something, but I didn't even touch that stuff at Roo and can assure you I am under no influence other than caffeine and nostalgia this morning.

Old 01-09-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'll definitely be going back to that as I go along in the waiting process. I've heard lots of rumors about Divine fits and Fleetwood Mac, which would be even more exciting additions to the list.

But seeing FJM, Alt-J, Grizzly Bear, and Tame Impala, those are what I would call my "Second headliners". They will either be on the Which Stage or one of the tents, but there show is going to be just as special to me as any of the headliners.

I would have to say so too, myself. It seems from the lists of expected bands that this will be a slightly more electronic-themed Roo than last year, but there are still plenty of the smaller acts and a few of the bigger names being thrown around that are outside of that, which is what is so great about Roo. I will always suggest that people go to events like Bonnaroo, as long as you have the means to do it. It really is unlike any other place in the world. For four days you are in your own little utopia. Everyone who is there is there for the same reasons, to have a whole bunch of fun and listen to some of the best music in the world. There's people from all over the country and plenty of people from all over the world. I met and talked to a few different people who flew over to the U.S. last summer for Roo too. It becomes its own community and everyone is just nicer, kinder, and more helpful, toward perfect strangers, than in real life.

It really doesn't make sense for people who haven't been before, but there really isn't a better 4 day stretch in my life, and people who haven't been really can't understand, no matter how well I try to explain. On the last day of Roo last year, Justin Vernon and Bon Iver had a moment in their set where I knew that I would be back every year that I could. As long as I have working legs and ears, I am going to Roo. If there is anything that is worth the 200-300 dollar ticket, its Bonnaroo.
The ************* truth.

Quote:
As you all can see, I've been getting myself extra amped up over Roo the last few days, lol. With them announcing some of their clues as to who is in the lineup over the past week or so, I can't help it. But those of you who are considering going who have any questions about Roo (and I mean any questions, from atmosphere, experience, to prices of tickets and whatnot) I'll do my best to answer them. We talk about it occasionally in this thread, but I would really like to meet up with some of you guys on here, because honestly, if it wasn't for the music that has been shared on this site, I wouldn't have gotten the exposure to all of the different music that are at festivals like Bonnaroo. Its a life changing thing, it really is, and I want to share and spread that as much as possible. Bonnaroo's motto is "radiate positivity", and though I've been that type of person even before Roo, it instills that mindset in you after you see the ~80,000 around you who are all doing just that. That mentality sticks with you too, it's been almost 7 months now since I came home from Roo and if anything, the affect that place has had on me has only grown as I have come to appreciate different parts of my experience there that I couldn't realize until I'd been away from it for a while. This probably sounds like the ramblings of someone reflecting on an acid trip or someone in the midst of an acid trip or something, but I didn't even touch that stuff at Roo and can assure you I am under no influence other than caffeine and nostalgia this morning.
If I go back some year soon, we're going to jam.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 01-09-2013, 12:56 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
The ************* truth.

If I go back some year soon, we're going to jam.
**** yeah man. I've got a buddy who is becoming quite a sick banjo player who I would be going to Roo with who I play with back home (bass player here). (plays drums too, but there isn't enough room for a drum set, lol, so he brings his banjo). What do you play? We ran into all kinds of people last year who wanted to jam, I didn't bring my bass since we didn't have room last time, but I want to bring it this year for sure, but its a blast when you find other musicians who are great at what they do.

Old 01-09-2013, 05:47 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

I, sadly, cannot play any instruments :(

How does this accountant-looking man make such wonderful gospel sounds?

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
Old 01-09-2013, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

top 5 personal favorite album

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote