Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-27-2012, 09:43 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
I might also argue Dez Bryant over Victor Cruz.
I think that one is pretty clear. Dez should have been the 3rd WR in the NFC:

Dez - 88/1312/12
Cruz - 82/1040/9
Julio - 76/1142/10

Dez has had to shoulder a ton of the offense the 2nd half of the season too. That said, he started slow so I'm not surprised at all. Most of these votes were probably in by the halfway point. It's also irrelevant since Dez wasn't playing due to still needing surgery on his finger, and new comers usually need a year to break through before getting noticed on that level. Though if Dez has a big week 17, I wonder if 2nd team all pro is out of the question?

I still wonder what is going to happen when/if they take this game away for good, if they still still do the selections still. Would be weird trying to gauge a HOF player and trying to use pro bowls on his resume at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think that one is pretty clear. Dez should have been the 3rd WR in the NFC:

Dez - 88/1312/12
Cruz - 82/1040/9
Julio - 76/1142/10

Dez has had to shoulder a ton of the offense the 2nd half of the season too. That said, he started slow so I'm not surprised at all. Most of these votes were probably in by the halfway point. It's also irrelevant since Dez wasn't playing due to still needing surgery on his finger, and new comers usually need a year to break through before getting noticed on that level. Though if Dez has a big week 17, I wonder if 2nd team all pro is out of the question?

I still wonder what is going to happen when/if they take this game away for good, if they still still do the selections still. Would be weird trying to gauge a HOF player and trying to use pro bowls on his resume at that point.
It's also because a lot of people (Cowboys fans withstanding) don't like Dez Bryant. It's no surprise that Romo's great second half has been massivley helped by Dez's great second half as well. But people still see him as a knucklehead who is more hassle than his value to the team.

Fan's are idiots, players are idiots. I still don't see why people get surprised every time someone gets snubbed. Dez should have been in the pro bowl but Victor Cruz plays for the defending champs and does a wee dance when he scores

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got flamed when I said Eric Berry was overrated. Well, there you go.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pro bowl has been a joke for a long time. Cruz over Dez is laughable. Saturday making the team is epic fail. Gore over Morris is sad.

I'm honestly SHOCKED that Tebow didn't make it.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

I got flamed when I said Wes Welker is overrated. Well, there you go.

Welker just made the team over ******* Demaryius Thomas. Just an utter joke. Absolutely criminal.

Thomas has more yards and more touchdowns, and he took many fewer receptions to do it (23 fewer, to be precise).

Like I said before, Welker is rewarded for taking 120 catches to do what other guys do in 90.
JordanTaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:04 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
I got flamed when I said Wes Welker is overrated. Well, there you go.

Welker just made the team over ******* Demaryius Thomas. Just an utter joke. Absolutely criminal.

Thomas has more yards and more touchdowns, and he took many fewer receptions to do it (23 fewer, to be precise).

Like I said before, Welker is rewarded for taking 120 catches to do what other guys do in 90.
You got flamed because you refused to admit Wes Welker could even function on the field. Nobody on here was arguing that Welker was some sort of god on the football field, but you refused to even concede that he any semblance of a skillset that would be valuable to an offense. Fan voting is terrible, I'd easily take Thomas over Wayne as well who had a pretty similar caliber season to Welker.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
ph90702
Veteran

ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ph90702 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Am I the only one who thinks Maurkice Pouncey is overrated?
ph90702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:10 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
Hardly, there is a very strong contingent here that believes the same thing, myself included.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bro how did Logan Mankins make it again? Over Levitre???
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know (Pats fan)

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph90702 View Post
I said it on the first page. He's an average center at best, his brother might be the best center in the league and didn't make it. Welcome to POPULARITY CONTESTS.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
Casey Hayward should have made it over Tillman.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:28 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
What a le epic may may, XD!

Kill me

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:30 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
God the Pro Bowl is a joke with some of the stuff going on.
I still can't get over the fact the Chiefs have more Pro Bowlers than they will wins, and as many as some of the top playoff teams, heck more than playoff teams.

I'd say the Pro Bowl is more 85% name recognition, 15% skill.
Haters gon hate.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamaal Charles is such a scrub

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I said it on the first page. He's an average center at best, his brother might be the best center in the league and didn't make it. Welcome to POPULARITY CONTESTS.
This man knows what's up. The lack of Mike Pouncey is sad, especially since his brother is on the roster and he's much better than him.

I see DG hasn't pumped Reshad Jones yet, he's having a better year than all the safeties that made it and should have been on the roster. Brandon Fields is having a pro bowl-esque season for a punter but I have no issues with him losing to Colquitt. Glad to see the Raiders' pair has finally been unseated.

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
Casey Hayward should have made it over Tillman.
Just wanted to point this comment out again because it's probably the best comment in the entire thread.

Also, Bears 5 Pro Bowlers, 5 Starters, 100%!!! With still the the LS open for Mr. Mannelly...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Just wanted to point this comment out again because it's probably the best comment in the entire thread.

Also, Bears 5 Pro Bowlers, 5 Starters, 100%!!! With still the the LS open for Mr. Mannelly...
CH has been better than Peanut and I don't think it's all that close.
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Put together an All-Non-Pro Bowl Roster (Both Conferences)

3 Quarterbacks - Drew Brees, Tony Romo, Russell Wilson

3 Running Backs - Alfred Morris, CJ Spiller, Doug Martin

1 Fullback - Marcel Reece

4 Wide Receivers - Demaryius Thomas, Vincent Jackson, Dez Bryant, Roddy White

2 Tight Ends - Greg Olsen, Jimmy Graham

3 Offensive Tackles - Matt Kalil, Joe Thomas, Brandon Albert

3 Offensive Guards - Kevin Zeitler, Josh Sitton, James Carpenter

2 Centers - Mike Pouncey, John Sullivan

3 3-4 OLB/4-3 DE - Justin Houston, Greg Hardy, Chris Clemons

3 3-4 DE/4-3 DT - Brandon Mebane, Marcell Dareus, Ndamukong Suh

1 Nose Tackle - Kyle Williams

2 4-3 OLB - Chad Greenway, Lance Briggs

2 Inside Linebackers - Daryl Washington, Bobby Wagner

3 Cornerbacks - Richard Sherman, Antoine Winfield, Casey Heyward

3 Safeties - Eric Weddle, Jairus Byrd, Kam Chancellor

1 Kicker - Sebastian Janikowski

1 Punter - Dave Zastudil

1 Returner - Percy Harvin

1 Utility/ST - Heath Farwell

Last edited by Caulibflower : 12-27-2012 at 04:28 PM.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lamo seriously Tony Romo?
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
dumervil made the pro bowl, fwiw.
So he did. Thought he would be listed as an outside linebacker.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Lamo seriously Tony Romo?
It was him or Cam Newton. Hope your ass is ok.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:28 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Um, didnt Jeff Saturday get benched?
If a golfer wins the Masters, he is automatically invited back every year. Apparently the same is true for the Pro Bowl. [LOL]
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really would love to See RG III actually have to sit in the pocket and make NFL reads. He plays in the same gimmick offense that will not work forever in this league as it does at Baylor and in year 1 in the NFL.

I'm not saying he's NOT GOING to be good, but he shouldn't be crowned one the next great QBs because of this year. Still don't think he deserved the pro bowl this season.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

How didn't Kalil make it? Damn there is a ton of talent in the NFC.
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote