Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-19-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
what i mean is he doesn't have the overall ability to be second rounder. to me he is protected by the overall talent on the alabama o-line. he's not a bad player, but the fact that they kept moving him around tells me he probably not as good as the guy replacing him, too his credit he was able to move around and play other position and succeed, but barrett jones in the second round C'MON MAN
Jones is a huge reason why people say that line has talent. You can't talk about how the Alabama line has talent then think that he lives off of it, he's a big reason for it. He'd be an amazing 2nd round pick and such a massive upgrade at Center, funny thing is we could go Warmack then Jones and I'd be ecstatic just the same lol. But Jones being a guy we can use as a swing across the middle, or stick at Center, I really like.

A real center is a big priority for me, as is Guard and Safety. NT is pretty high too sadly, JBR was our future starter there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
what i mean is he doesn't have the overall ability to be second rounder. to me he is protected by the overall talent on the alabama o-line. he's not a bad player, but the fact that they kept moving him around tells me he probably not as good as the guy replacing him, too his credit he was able to move around and play other position and succeed, but barrett jones in the second round C'MON MAN
Moving around was not a knock on him, he is a guard by trade plain and simple. Thats where he started 25 games in his first two years before he moved to LT to replace NFL first rounder James Carpenter and finshed as an All American. Saban realized they had a developing player in Cyrus Kouandjio at LT( who looks like a future first round pick) and a big hole at center. To get his best players on the field they asked Jones to kick back inside to a position he never played before.(still finished as an all american).

I think the movement has a lot more to do with getting the best group of guys on the field and not leaving major holes. Just happened to be Barrett moving around because he was their most rounded player.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Jones is an immediate upgrade over Costa.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I don't get it. What has Costa ever done except dissappoint us? Every preseason he has hyped built up that he never carries out.

I'm not ready to put all my eggs in his basket. C position is too important. I'm not even sure Costa is better than Cook or Bernadeau at C.
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Really? You must not be too high on Jones, or really high on Costa. Center is a vitally important position, I'd prefer to secure it with a starter or stud before we get a new QBotf. It's been a trouble spot for us for years, I am not batting an eye at Costa when it comes to upgrading. At least bring in talent with an early pick, then we have good depth.

Also versatility is HUGE for me with lineman. Having a guy to play all over the place is vital, and it helps in the event we can't get all new starters in one off-season.

Quote:
Old 12-20-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Really? You must not be too high on Jones, or really high on Costa. Center is a vitally important position, I'd prefer to secure it with a starter or stud before we get a new QBotf. It's been a trouble spot for us for years, I am not batting an eye at Costa when it comes to upgrading. At least bring in talent with an early pick, then we have good depth.

Also versatility is HUGE for me with lineman. Having a guy to play all over the place is vital, and it helps in the event we can't get all new starters in one off-season.
first of all the is no can't miss center in this year's draft. no mike pouncey, no nick mangold, no alex mack.

i've never been a costa fan at all but jones is solid overall but not great at anything nor is he a physical specimen, he's a technican. on a line that's basically tyron smith and a bunch no names adding jones to the mix doesn't really solidfy anything. if the cowboys had two good tackles and one really good interior lineman jones would be a good fit, but with basically 4 spots possibly up for grabs i just don't jones improves the line at all with the current guys on the roster. it great the he's had experience at alot of positions, but i don't think he'll be great at any of those position and solidify it for the next ten years. i don't hate him as prospect, i just don't agree with taking him with a second round. heck scouts inc. just updated the rankings he has a grade 79 and is 72 best player in the draft. would you take the 72 best player with the 55th overall pick?

i think a guard who can maul people inside would be exactly what the cowboys need on the line.
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Dallas Mock 9.0 - Week 15 - Record: 8-6

i wanna see brandon williams in the senior bowl or east west shrine game against better competition before i use a second rounder on him
Old 12-21-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i wanna see brandon williams in the senior bowl or east west shrine game against better competition before i use a second rounder on him
It is a late second rounder, but as we know... small school competition didn't hurt Poe any.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
It is a late second rounder, but as we know... small school competition didn't hurt Poe any.
poe went to memphis thats an fbs school, back when deangelo williams was there they were pretty good

willimas plays in the MAIAA, depending on his possible performance in the senior bowl or ew shrine game i doubt he goes in the first 75 selection, the dt class is 4 rounds deep with talent

i will keep my eye on him as a day 3 sleeper pick

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 12-22-2012 at 02:41 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

smu vs fresno st in bout to start i been wanting to see philip thomas this year since d-unit brought him up in a mock draft earlier
Old 12-24-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
smu vs fresno st in bout to start i been wanting to see philip thomas this year since d-unit brought him up in a mock draft earlier
Keep an eye on Margus Hunt. 6'8" and runs a 4.7 40yd, and an absolute athletic freak. The nation's all-time leader in blocked field goals and plays 5-tech. Super raw but I would nab him in a heartbeat in the 2nd if he was available or trade up from the 3rd if he's available late 2nd/early 3rd.

Another few to watch are:

Fresno St. RB Robbie Rouse. Small guy with great hands and the production to go with it (4k rushing yards).

Phillip Thomas: Under. The. Radar. He's going to get drafted late 1st or 2nd and is going to end up battling Reid and Vaccaro for top Safety. His stock is crazy low IMHO and I have him penciled in for my second round pick in my current mock.

Bonus player: David Carr's brother: Derek Carr. Good prospect and has played very well but already announced he's returning for another season.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. Hunt. Just wow. First clip: Speed move and strip sack. Second clip: Bull rush into swim move inside for a safety/sack.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8778652

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8778697
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 01:49 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Wow. Hunt. Just wow. First clip: Speed move and strip sack. Second clip: Bull rush into swim move inside for a safety/sack.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=8778652

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8778697
i still wanna see what does in the senior bowl against better competition, his strength and athleticism is obvious but the commentator pointed in the telecast how fresno st right tackle has had problems pass blocking this year so he should dominate him.

one thing i noticed he's going to have to learn how to use his hands if does that he will be force as pass rusher in the nfl, and another maybe im nitpicking but i remember when michael johnson (georgia tech de) came out he fell in the draft b/c he had thin hips and he was going to have problems anchoring at the point of attack against (much simeon rice) and hunt does seem to be a thin in the hips too, makes me think he's maybe not the best fit as 3-4 end idk maybe im nitpicking too much, but he was certainly in beast mode 2nite.

i think when all is said in done hunt will be a top 25 pick his upside is too enormous

thomas didnt show me anything 2nite he got beat on deep ball that should have been a PI and he missed the deflection on the corner route for a td.

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 12-25-2012 at 01:55 AM.
Old 12-25-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i still wanna see what does in the senior bowl against better competition, his strength and athleticism is obvious but the commentator pointed in the telecast how fresno st right tackle has had problems pass blocking this year so he should dominate him.

one thing i noticed he's going to have to learn how to use his hands if does that he will be force as pass rusher in the nfl, and another maybe im nitpicking but i remember when michael johnson (georgia tech de) came out he fell in the draft b/c he had thin hips and he was going to have problems anchoring at the point of attack against (much simeon rice) and hunt does seem to be a thin in the hips too, makes me think he's maybe not the best fit as 3-4 end idk maybe im nitpicking too much, but he was certainly in beast mode 2nite.

i think when all is said in done hunt will be a top 25 pick his upside is too enormous

thomas didnt show me anything 2nite he got beat on deep ball that should have been a PI and he missed the deflection on the corner route for a td.
Hunt would definately have to put weight on to play 5 tech but I don't think his frame is an issue. He is already a projected 6'8 280 lbs, he just has so much length it is crazy, also has an 82 in wing span to go with his height. Athleticism is his strength, he is a world class discus and hammer throw track and field guy. Technique/ establishing leverage is going to be his issue at the next level. At this point he can get by overpowering or dashing past sub par athletes but he has some natural instincts that are uncanny for someone who hasn't played ball his whole life.

I think from a prospect comparison he is similar to Calais Campbell from a physical standpoint but is a little rougher around the edges. Campbell was once thought to be better suited for a base 4-3 end but settled in nicely at 5-tech for the Cards. Their best asset might be their ability to see the the backfield and get up into the passing lanes to bat balls down.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I think Hunt is tooo tall. He plays a position where leverage, girth and strength matters. Better fit as a 4-3 DE imo.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

1. Justin Hunter WR Tennessee

Miles Austin days in Dallas maybe done and if he is released or traded there is huge hole at WR next to Dez. Hunter started the year as top 10 pick AFTER tearing his ACL the previous season while hasn't had a bad year (79-1083-9) he had some big drops especially in traffic. Cowboys have shown an affinity for drafting injured players with big talent high in the draft and if he can continue to get back to where he was in early 2011, getting him at the bottom third of the 1st round is a steal. He is unique like AJ Green in his burst and ability get in and out breaks so like 5'11 reciever even though he 6'4. Cordarrelle Patterson the other WR at Tennessee is a possibility but he more raw as a WR right now.

http://Tennessee+v+South+Carolina+swihgWaBJyAl.jpg

2. Margus Hunt DL SMU

I know i said he'll be a first rounder, but after taking another look at the other DL prospects there alot pro ready playere that should go ahead him. Boom or bust pick, he could fit nicely as a nickel pass rusher early on, and as he continues to develop his hand usage and get bigger he could develop in to that 6-8 monster DE that we lost in Chris Canty.

http://http://www.matthewvisinsky.co...-9-10-11-2.jpg

3. Larry Warford OG Kentucky

With the Cowboys giving more playing time to Parnell and taking Leary off the practice squad to the active roster, I really believe the starting O-line going into camp will be (left to right) Smith, Leary, Costa, Parnell. Drafting Warford fills a hole at right guard. He moves well for his size, has good awareness in pass pro and takes good angles on 2nd level blocks. He should be perfect fit, 2 athletic tackles, and undersized but athletic center and 2 young big guard who can road grade and compliment the athleticism of the rest of the line.

http://http://media.247sports.com/Up...2/6_177918.jpg

4. Brandon Williams - DT Missouri Southern

this pick could change as i think the were gonna be hot on NT Terrance Knighton in FA. even if we sign depth is needed. he looks like a good athlete on tape but he playing in low level football and he need some development.

http://d6673sr63mbv7.cloudfront.net/... 88069405f.jpg

5. TJ McDonald S USC

i know yall are think no way he falls this far but mcdonald didnt have great year (then again nobody on USC's defense did either) but his poor angles in pursuit might lend some to compare him to another USC safety bust, Taylor Mays. The depth and talent level of this safety class might push him farther than down than what he should.

http://http://heavyinthegames.com/wp...j-mcdonald.jpg

6. Michael Williams TE Alabama

Hanna is more of a flex tight end than inline TE and John Phillips hasn't is nothing more than a #artellus Bennett blocking is still missed in the running game and Williams is basically a third tackle, but he's the best run blocker in the class. he should fit nicely in the role of blocking TE that the cowboys wanted in Kellen Davis last year in FA.

http://http://www.annarbor.com/asset...429-120924.jpg

tell me what you guys think

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 12-26-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
I think Hunt is tooo tall. He plays a position where leverage, girth and strength matters. Better fit as a 4-3 DE imo.
JJ Watt is about the same height didn't hurt him. calais campbell is 6'8 and he's turned into maybe one of the 3 best 3-4 ends in the nfl. your right that he plays too high, but being 6'8 is an advantage as a 3-4 end, they have the length to match and stack offensive tackles in the run game (same reason why jay ratliff wouldnt be the best fit at the end in the 3-4.) he could gain 30 lbs easy and he can learn to play with better leverage but he quick and agile for his size. the key for him is to learn to effectively use his hands, if he does that he will be a beast
Old 12-27-2012, 10:26 AM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bleacher report's first mock has us taking Aaron Murray in the first round. They have tons of quarterbacks going in the first but there is one familiar name not mentioned... Matt Barkley.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
Bleacher report's first mock has us taking Aaron Murray in the first round. They have tons of quarterbacks going in the first but there is one familiar name not mentioned... Matt Barkley.
Sounds more like the Belcher report.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
JJ Watt is about the same height didn't hurt him. calais campbell is 6'8 and he's turned into maybe one of the 3 best 3-4 ends in the nfl. your right that he plays too high, but being 6'8 is an advantage as a 3-4 end, they have the length to match and stack offensive tackles in the run game (same reason why jay ratliff wouldnt be the best fit at the end in the 3-4.) he could gain 30 lbs easy and he can learn to play with better leverage but he quick and agile for his size. the key for him is to learn to effectively use his hands, if he does that he will be a beast
Watt is 6'5, 300. Hunt is 6'8, 280. That's a different body type imo... but whatever... you can never compare people's size and accurately relate them to one another. It just doesn't work that way. Hunt is the kind of guy who will shoot up the boards because scouts will fall in love with his size and potential. It's scary to doubt him and scary to believe in him. I feel like I'm on both sides depending on the day. Sometimes I think he could really give us that wow factor. Sometimes I think why didn't he show up consistently?

He's basically the Dontari Poe of this draft, imo. Right now, I'm stand-offish cause I really like some other guys who I have much less doubts about. But I can definitely see where the love is coming from.
Old 12-27-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Chris Canty was 6-7....we've always liked our 5-techs to have height....longer arms make it easier for them to disengage and make plays on the edge imo.

Look at our dl now
Callaway, Rob DL 6-4 333
Crawford, Tyrone DE 6-4 285
Hatcher, Jason DL 6-6 305
Lissemore, Sean DL 6-3 303
Ratliff, Jay NT 6-4 303
Schaefering, Brian DT 6-4 295
Spears, Marcus DE 6-4 315

The two smallest guys are the 2 guys who have been playing NT this year. Height

275 is smaller than any DL we have on the roster...but we proved with Crawford last year...that we are ok with growing them in house.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Watt is 6'5, 300. Hunt is 6'8, 280. That's a different body type imo... but whatever... you can never compare people's size and accurately relate them to one another. It just doesn't work that way. Hunt is the kind of guy who will shoot up the boards because scouts will fall in love with his size and potential. It's scary to doubt him and scary to believe in him. I feel like I'm on both sides depending on the day. Sometimes I think he could really give us that wow factor. Sometimes I think why didn't he show up consistently?

He's basically the Dontari Poe of this draft, imo. Right now, I'm stand-offish cause I really like some other guys who I have much less doubts about. But I can definitely see where the love is coming from.
http://seniorbowl.com/files/Margus%20Hunt%20Profile.pdf

Thats why we get to see him in the senior bowl to help us with these thoughts D!

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-27-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

My pet cat of the year is

Ezekiel Ansah, DL, BYU
6'6 270 with 4.6 speed

People are comparing him to JPP and thats fine. He's going to be a risk player. But he is going to cost a first round pick because his measurables are that of an elite athlete. Talents like him don't fall far and his tape to me looked pretty good for how raw he was suppose to be. Game comes easy to him which is why I think I'd take the risk. There is a lot to read about this kid....but I hear he has a top notch motor/is high charater/ and a worker....seems to me like we could gamble on a ball of clay like this and get us a future impact player on the DL.

Here is his tape against Boise

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-27-2012, 04:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
1. Justin Hunter WR Tennessee

Miles Austin days in Dallas maybe done and if he is released or traded there is huge hole at WR next to Dez. Hunter started the year as top 10 pick AFTER tearing his ACL the previous season while hasn't had a bad year (79-1083-9) he had some big drops especially in traffic. Cowboys have shown an affinity for drafting injured players with big talent high in the draft and if he can continue to get back to where he was in early 2011, getting him at the bottom third of the 1st round is a steal. He is unique like AJ Green in his burst and ability get in and out breaks so like 5'11 reciever even though he 6'4. Cordarrelle Patterson the other WR at Tennessee is a possibility but he more raw as a WR right now.

http://Tennessee+v+South+Carolina+swihgWaBJyAl.jpg

Sorry but I would absolutely throw up if we took a WR in the 1st round. Why would we release Austin and create another unnecessary hole on the team? Austin is approaching 1000 yards and a handful of TD's, which is exactly what you want and need out of your #2 WR. It would be different if he was hurt all year, but he had some big games this year and stayed healthy, he's taken a back seat to Dez and rightfully so, but we aren't in any type of position to start releasting players in their prime to open up another hole.

I think WR is fine as is, we typically grow in house talents for the most part anyway. Austin as a 2 is just fine going forward, I love Harris as a 3, and Beasley is perfect as a 4. How about let Austin actually fall off a good bit before we go WR in round 1, that'd be fine if we didn't need any interior o-lineman or safeties.

Plus I only want 1 alpha dog at WR with Dez. That's how issues start. We'd be developing a guy who is primed to break out when we are searching for a new QB, and now we have two WR's who want the ball primarily. If we take a WR it better not be before round 4 or I'd be very upset. Austin has 2 good years left at minimum, while at that point his contract out weighs his play most likely but we are a ways away from that.

Quote:
Old 12-27-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

This isn't so much a pick I think Dallas needs to make. But I have a soft spot for EJ Manuel, QB, FSU. Great article on him.

Quote:
No. 12 Florida State (11-2) won its first ACC title since 2005, and as FSU prepares to face No. 15 Northern Illinois in the Discover Orange Bowl, Manuel is looking for his fourth straight bowl win, having already beaten West Virginia, South Carolina and Notre Dame (the last time the No. 1-ranked Irish lost). This is only Manuel's second season as a full-time starter, but if FSU beats Northern Illinois, he will become only the second quarterback to win four straight bowl games, along with former West Virginia star Pat White (2005-2008).

-- FSU QB EJ Manuel, on playing while his mother was battling cancer
Manuel is 24-6 as a starter (16-3 against ACC opponents) and his career pass efficiency rating of 150.78 is slightly behind the ACC career mark of 151.15 set by former FSU Heisman Trophy winner Chris Weinke. FSU's offense has racked up over 6,000 yards for only the fourth time in school history. Despite everything he has gone through with his family this year, Manuel has helped lead Florida State back to national relevance.
I might take a shot if he was available in the 4th for the cowboys.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...llege-football

Designs by me
Quote: