Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 12-27-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every year this thread is exactly the same.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
broncosfan
Rookie

broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.broncosfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was impresed with the 10 ff statistic by Charles Tillman so I went and look for some information and it's just amazing what he has accomplished over his career. 38 ff for a defensive back is incredible, he actually ranks 6th on the all-time list in this category (tied with Robert Mathis) with everyone else above him being a pass rusher who takes the ball away from a QB who has his eyes downfield.

Over the course of his 10 NFL seasons he has more ff than interceptions: 38-33; he has never gone a season without a ff and averages 4 per year. Compared to two of the NFL's finest: Champ Bailey and Darrelle Revis they only have 7 and 3 ff respectively (in their whole careers!), nowhere near close to the 4 per year average.

Obviusly this year having 10 ff (which is an NFL record) is an anomaly but that doesn't mean it's luck, the guy has an ability to rip the football out of the oponnents hands. Maybe Casey Hayward deserves to go to the PB, but not over a guy who's having a record-setting season.
broncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:01 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phil Dawson

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SEC with 20 pro bowlers with acc 2nd with 12

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:10 AM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
You got flamed because you refused to admit Wes Welker could even function on the field. Nobody on here was arguing that Welker was some sort of god on the football field, but you refused to even concede that he any semblance of a skillset that would be valuable to an offense. Fan voting is terrible, I'd easily take Thomas over Wayne as well who had a pretty similar caliber season to Welker.
Straw man argument.

I said Welker is a "useful #3."
JordanTaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Eric Berry plays SS. Eric Weddle and Jarius Byrd play FS. For the record.
It's the Pro Bowl voting. No cares which safety position one safety plays. A safety is a safety. They should take the best safeties and put them in the Pro Bowl. Just like they take the best OTs. There is no argument for Berry. He is not a Pro Bowl safety.

Ryan Clark
Eric Weddle
Ed Reed
Bernard Pollard
Rashad Jones
Jarius Byrd
Danieal Manning

They are all easily better choices. They should be rewarded for their play. Not a guy whose name most people only know because he was a high draft pick. Then there's guys like Reggie Nelson and Tyvonn Branch who might have also had better seasons (or comparable ones no less). Berry is one of the most undeserving players to make it. Its even worse when Landry makes it as well. There is no justifying it. Not even if u wanted SS and FS only.

Hali is in the running only because the OLBs in the AFC didn't have Suggs, Harrison or Woodley play at full health. He didn't make it over anyone more deserving despite the fact that he had a bit of a down season. I think Derrick Johnson was outplayed by a couple ILBs, but he's one of the best ILBs in football and has gotten passed over before. Those two guys are acceptable all things considered. Berry is making it purely on name recognition and average play that was frequently below average.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:21 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who cares they don't ******* play the game. I could play safety in the Pro Bowl. They don't do **** on D anyway.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:25 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Without reading this thread, anyone arguing against Peanut Tillman is an idiot. Shut up.
Old 12-28-2012, 12:39 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the only saint who really shouldve made it, morstead, is in so i dont care

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you guys hear about my teams player who got snubbed? What a load of horse crap.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:14 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not arguing that Berry didn't deserve it, because I don't think he did, but he struggled coming back from a torn ACL and the last 5-6 weeks he has been pretty damn good.

I'd be shocked if Berry won the fan voting. KC is a small market club. I'd bet that he won the coach and player voting, and they see a lot more of him than we do.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrz
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ouch... Mike Pouncey and Richard Sherman look like the biggest snubs at a glance. I also think Roddy deserves to get in over Julio.

^Thanks BK!
Bengalsrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:51 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

So what defines a CB as a pro bowler is ff now? Got it.
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:31 AM    (permalink
ChiFan24
2011 SWDC Mock Draft Champ
Pro Bowler

ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ChiFan24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
I thought I told you to shut up.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:53 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I find the lack of Reshad Jones on all these safety lists disturbing. Where's DG when I need him?

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:27 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
No, every measurable statistic (except total INTs, but 6 to 3 is meh) and the opinion of 99% of everyone watching football defines it.

And that's not to say the Pro Bowl is the be all, end all of awards, because really it's a joke. But it also supports the argument that Hayward has not easily been better than Peanut and that in fact Peanut had a better season overall than Hayward.

For as "lock down" as Hayward was (which he was), Peanut was not much worse at doing so. Add in the fact that Peanut did pretty much everything else better this season, and your argument is pretty easily proven wrong.

Almost everyone in America that watches football would be in disagreement with you. I can't tell if you really believe this, or you are just a fantastic troll.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I'm not saying Hayward should've got in, I mean he's not even a starter for us, so it's not like he's going against the teams #1 reciever every snap. He's been expectionally good for his first season, though.
One does not need to start for the Packers to make the Pro Bowl.

mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs also have two first team alternates for the Pro Bowl this year: OLB Justin Houston and CB Brandon Flowers.

Let the butthurt flow.

Old 12-28-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i'm shocked cassell didn't make it and that your offensive coordinator isn't coaching it.
The butthurt is strong in this one!

<3

Old 12-28-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there a list of alternates somewhere? I can't find one.

EDIT: Found one right after I posted. For anyone who's interested: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...and-alternates
Caulibflower is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think people are butthurt, it's just funny that so many players can get in from a team that won 2 games. I mean it's not like the Pro Bowl is an accurate representation of who's been the best player at each position.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I just found out by visiting the Chiefs website. I haven't seen a list of alternates.

vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
I don't think people are butthurt, it's just funny that so many players can get in from a team that won 2 games. I mean it's not like the Pro Bowl is an accurate representation of who's been the best player at each position.
Beeteedubs, and I think I can speak for Eagles fans on this too: never pick the Chiefs to win anything ever again!

Old 12-28-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Beeteedubs, and I think I can speak for Eagles fans on this too: never pick the Chiefs to win anything ever again!
I have no idea what you are talking about. I wasn't high on the Chiefs at all last off-season.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I would argue that our starting QB is in fact Brady Quinn and NOT Matt Cassel, but even thinking that made me too depressed and I started to cry.

Thanks jerk. :'(