Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 12-22-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
This was one of his better games. I think BYU as a whole was hyped up for this game.
That could be true - I haven't watched a lot of him, but when I was watching him vs. ND I could definitely see some JPP qualities. I suppose with his history I'm really only looking to see flashes of potential and not consistency over the course of the season; I don't expect consistency from Ansah right now. If this was a guy who'd been playing since middle school you'd worry about how he plays on a game-to-game basis, but for a guy who's played for such a short time I think it's alright to just see how he looks in a given moment, because the things you'll be looking for are aggressiveness, speed, athleticism, power, etc. Not so much whether he's getting a sack every game, but more to see if he looks like he's got the goods, because any coach that drafts him is going to have some work to do. In some ways he reminds me of Dontari Poe in that he's not super impressive on his film but offers some things that are really hard to find. I actually like Ansah better than Poe as a DL prospect (obviously different positions) because I feel like he plays with quite a bit of energy and intensity for someone who's a latecomer to the sport. Sometimes these cross-sport athletes just don't look like they're excited to be out there. Think he looks smoother than Margus Hunt. He's definitely one of the big "projects" of this class, but as a ball of clay he's got to be one of the coveted ones.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Markus Wheaton - Devery Henderson

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:54 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Markus Wheaton - Devery Henderson
Henderson is a one-trick pony. I keep hearing Wheaton compared to Mike Wallace as well, but don't agree with that one either. Wheaton is more than a burner. He can actually run some routes and has better hands/ball skills than both those guys. Wheaton is probably a 4.40 guy, while Wallace is 4.28.

I compare Wheaton to another Oregon State product: Chad Johnson.
norcalgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.norcalgsr is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Zurlon Tipton = Matt Forte

Old 12-28-2012, 02:52 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcalgsr View Post
Zurlon Tipton = Matt Forte
Comparison confirmed.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
y.f.s.
Rookie

y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.y.f.s. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I think Werner actually compares pretty well to Kamerion Wimbley. Both are around the same size and both have really good explosion off the snap. Both obviously went to FSU. I do think Werner uses his hands better though. While it isn't his strength in the run game he isn't overwhelmed despite playing at a relatively low weight this year
He is Osi.

Sig by TACKLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
Tannehill was a better QB (than Gabbert) when he was still playing WR
y.f.s. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about Zavier Gooden?
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

David Fales - Colt McCoy
Old 01-16-2013, 02:30 AM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Cordarrelle Patterson - Randy Moss

I've been watching his 2012 tape, and I'm going to go ahead and say he's my favorite pick to the Chiefs at no. 1 right now. I've seen him do things to defenders with his change of direction ability that I've never seen before, and he's got Moss' size, catching radius and ability to high-point the ball. Needs refinement, but everything is there.
Old 01-16-2013, 10:59 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post

I've been watching his 2012 tape, and I'm going to go ahead and say he's my favorite pick to the Chiefs at no. 1 right now. I've seen him do things to defenders with his change of direction ability that I've never seen before, and he's got Moss' size, catching radius and ability to high-point the ball. Needs refinement, but everything is there.
You should probably not compare him to the 2nd greatest receiver of all-time. And similarities you cite seem to point more to Larry Fitzgerald than Randy Moss.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know but I kinda see Codarrelle Patterson as a jumbo Randal Cobb/Percy Harvin type.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:18 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moss has 2 inches on Patterson and is a completely different player. As others have said, he'll be used like a 6'2 Percy Harvin. I don't really think there is anyone I would compare him too.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:11 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They do actually have fairly similar strides.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
You should probably not compare him to the 2nd greatest receiver of all-time. And similarities you cite seem to point more to Larry Fitzgerald than Randy Moss.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
They do actually have fairly similar strides.
Watch some of Randy Moss's college highlights and you'll see it too. Patterson is every bit as explosive in the open field.

Last edited by Caulibflower : 01-16-2013 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:21 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I actually think I see more Randy Moss in Justin Hunter. Long, lanky frame that has great speed and leaping ability. Pretty decent-sized catch radius as well.

My best comparisons for Cord Patterson are Julio Jones or possibly even Demaryius Thomas.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

Matt Elam - Bernard Pollard
Old 01-22-2013, 02:30 AM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

Johnathan Franklin = David Wilson
Old 01-22-2013, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Black Bolt
Pro Bowler

Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Black Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Here's my comparisons

Ziggy Ansah- JPP
This one needs little explaining.

Bjoern Werner- Trace Armstrong
Yeah, he is like those "high motor white guys", but specifically Trace IMO because of his clean first step out of a three point stance.

Jonathan Cooper- Davin Joseph
Long armed prize fighter in the trenches

Star Lotulelei- Haloti Ngata
Another easy comparison. Big, powerful, athletic, explosive.

Barkevious Mingo- Javon Kearse
Rare athleticsim, lanky strong, flat out fast, lacks pass rush counter moves.

Dee Millner- Quentin Jammer
Thick, physical, not necessairly a ball hawk, hard to uncover against.
Black Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:45 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bjoren Werner is going to be the second coming of Demarcus Ware.
Old 01-25-2013, 01:07 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just guessing

Eddie Lacy - Jonathan Dwyer

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
All-Pro

How about

Eddie Lacy - LaMont Jordan
Old 01-25-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
norcalgsr
Veteran

Quote:
How about

Eddie Lacy - LaMont Jordan
Jordan was more compact with wider base. A bit of a bowling ball type.

Lacy reminds me of Chris Ivory.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:50 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I've been watching his 2012 tape, and I'm going to go ahead and say he's my favorite pick to the Chiefs at no. 1 right now.
What is this I don't even.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
What is this I don't even.
Did you guys trade down in the first and didn't tell us.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:34 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dee Milliner - Cary Williams