Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-28-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
JordanTaber
Veteran

JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber JordanTaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
When the Pats havent really ever had a run game til this year and used short passes as heir run game. Find holes in the zone and try and fight for a few extra. Its baffling how you can't grasp this. Players have different skill sets and are placed into roles that best accomodate their skill sets. Rocket surgery, it is. But if you havent been convinced of logic by this point in this thread then I can't say anything to persuade the unpersuadable.
I think if I see the term, "skill set," one more time, I'm going on a shooting rampage.

Every single player in the NFL has a "skilllll seeettttt." That has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not a player is a product of a system.

If someone does an adequate job flipping burgers, I'm not going to go, "OMG, X is such a great burger flipper. I can't hold it against him that Burger King takes advantage of his SKILL SET. Let's give him a National Employee of the Month award and a Nobel Prize."

You know why? Because every able-bodied person can flip burgers.

And then there's the fact that the Dolphins used him the same way. But what happened there?

The number 3 receiver actually put up numbers you'd expect from a #3 receiver. Imagine that. Without spreading the field and emphasizing the underneath game like no team ever has, Welker wasn't catching 98489234 passes per season.

That's the difference between the 2006 Dolphins and the 2007-present Patriots. The 2006 Dolphins ran a basic NFL offense and weren't interested in throwing 80 screens and drags per year to their scrappy, little receiver.
JordanTaber is offline   Reply With Quote