Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 12-26-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Avril's 20something tackles every year just isn't cutting it either. I'm in love with Damontre Moore. He's a freak and might as well be renamed Von Miller.
Avril and KVB were already bad in run defense but they actually got worse compared to 2012. Willie Young got much worse too. Lawrence Jackson actually does a good job in run defense. Bring him back on the cheap just for that as a backup. Suh got a little worse in run d which isn't good but continue to be a beast pass rusher and SLH got a signifcant worse compared to 2011 in run defense. Missing Corey may have hurt the run D some even though Fairley beasted. Fairley was good in run D in 2011 and did great this year in run defense and pass rush. Fairley is the man, all around good DT.

Levy got worse in run D and is average in coverage, Tulloch got worse by a good amount too but did well in coverage. Durant got better in run defense but is a liability in coverage.

Keep Durant and let Levy walk. Hope Tulloch rebounds to 2011 form and gets more help in front of him especially at DE. Hope the three rookie CBs grow too. Green did average this year(actually better than Bentley) but I didn't like what I saw against the Falcons from Green on the Falcons TD drive. He got beat for at least 3 of the 5 Ryan throws for first downs. Lacey was average this year, Houston was very good except for the Falcon game. We need to bring Houston and Delmas back but get Delmas insurance with another safety. Don Carey actually has the best coverage grade of all the secondary in more limited action.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Walter football gave us the best mock that I've seen. Damontre Moore, Barrett Jones, and Desmond Trufant. A+ mock based on talent and need.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Walter football gave us the best mock that I've seen. Damontre Moore, Barrett Jones, and Desmond Trufant. A+ mock based on talent and need.
I would absolutely love that draft too. I could see Jones and Trufant rising though so they won't be an option early 2nd and early 3rd for Detroit. One can dream though.

DE, stud safety and interior Oline is my big dream though. Re-sign Houston, Delmas, Jackson, SLH(still has upside) and Durant(for run defense).

Avril walking is risky but I just can't take the inconsistency despite a good 2011. KVB,Burelson cap cuts. Levy and Corey Williams walks. Maybe one of Peterman or Raiola cap cut. Gosder depends on if Backus retires or what they do there. But I think I want Gosder to walk too and go with Reiff and Backus for a year. Gosder just isn't the run blocker we need.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So...what do we think about Joeckel, Taylor Lewan, or other prospects? I'll put my thoughts into the quick one round grade shorthand with only one prospect for each sub-grade...

A type draft

A+ Damontre Moore: I think he's the best potential DE. I hope he declares.
A Luke Joeckel: Somewhere between Joe Thomas and other elite LTs is what I've been hearing. He's kept Jake Mathews on the right side. I'm willing to live with having a dominant set of tackles who can switch with each other and keep Stafford protected.
A- Jarvis Jones: Impact player on defense and undisputed talent level. Free agents and a decline in our LB corp plus his ability to potentially convert to DE or play multiple positions should be a plus.

B solid draft

B+ Dee Milliner: Take the top ranked corner and stop worrying about our outside pass coverage. Not a bad way to go.
B Manti Te'o: A new leader on defense who can work his way up and alongside/through Tulloch.
B- Bjoern Werner: Hardworker, strong attacker who can make our dline even more bully-ish.

C curveball but whatever draft

C+ Taylor Lewan: I love the stability and investing in Oline, but would have to show he can be a LT to merit a top pick. We blew a 1st rounder on Gosder and RTs do not deserve that pick.
C Star Lotulelei: F'ing Overkill, but he's great. 5-2 defense? He should be a D or an F grade, but the sheer novelty and talent keep him in the curveball C bracket. All-Time great DT rotation. Centers and guards wouldn't sleep at nights.
C- Chance Warmack: lol@guard top 5. new salary cap eases things...still probably really dumb. The so called, "Best olineman in the country" had better be that for us to take him.

D terrible value and reach draft

D+ Barkevious Mingo: Not as bad as grade reflects, but still had some better options. Can switch places with other DEs depending on combine, offseason, and bowl performances. He's only down here because his stock has fallen.
D Kenny Vaccaro: He better run a 4.3 40 and be Eric Berry for top 5.
D- Alex Ogletree: I love him...but linebacking position is like RB. He had better be Patrick Willis to take here.

F Millen is back draft

Zach Ertz: I wouldn't argue too loudly if we took him in the 2nd. We run a 2 TE offense and could use someone who wouldn't cost us multiple games and can hold on to the ball. There is a reason why us and New England are at the top of total offense.
Justin Hunter: Not arguing against an impact receiver, but he looks like more of a project and I'd rather have some more polish here.
Keenan Allen: I like him, but maybe we should protect Stafford or try and play defense.

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 12-26-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Quote:
So...what do we think about Joeckel, Taylor Lewan, or other prospects? I'll put my thoughts into the quick one round grade shorthand with only one prospect for each sub-grade...

A type draft

A+ Damontre Moore: I think he's the best potential DE. I hope he declares.
A Luke Joeckel: Somewhere between Joe Thomas and other elite LTs is what I've been hearing. He's kept Jake Mathews on the right side. I'm willing to live with having a dominant set of tackles who can switch with each other and keep Stafford protected.
A- Jarvis Jones: Impact player on defense and undisputed talent level. Free agents and a decline in our LB corp plus his ability to potentially convert to DE or play multiple positions should be a plus.

B solid draft

B+ Dee Milliner: Take the top ranked corner and stop worrying about our outside pass coverage. Not a bad way to go.
B Manti Te'o: A new leader on defense who can work his way up and alongside/through Tulloch.
B- Bjoern Werner: Hardworker, strong attacker who can make our dline even more bully-ish.

C curveball but whatever draft

C+ Taylor Lewan: I love the stability and investing in Oline, but would have to show he can be a LT to merit a top pick. We blew a 1st rounder on Gosder and RTs do not deserve that pick.
C Star Lotulelei: F'ing Overkill, but he's great. 5-2 defense? He should be a D or an F grade, but the sheer novelty and talent keep him in the curveball C bracket. All-Time great DT rotation. Centers and guards wouldn't sleep at nights.
C- Chance Warmack: lol@guard top 5. new salary cap eases things...still probably really dumb. The so called, "Best olineman in the country" had better be that for us to take him.

D terrible value and reach draft

D+ Barkevious Mingo: Not as bad as grade reflects, but still had some better options. Can switch places with other DEs depending on combine, offseason, and bowl performances. He's only down here because his stock has fallen.
D Kenny Vaccaro: He better run a 4.3 40 and be Eric Berry for top 5.
D- Alex Ogletree: I love him...but linebacking position is like RB. He had better be Patrick Willis to take here.

F Millen is back draft

Zach Ertz: I wouldn't argue too loudly if we took him in the 2nd. We run a 2 TE offense and could use someone who wouldn't cost us multiple games and can hold on to the ball. There is a reason why us and New England are at the top of total offense.
Justin Hunter: Not arguing against an impact receiver, but he looks like more of a project and I'd rather have some more polish here.
Keenan Allen: I like him, but maybe we should protect Stafford or try and play defense.
Agreed on all grades. If we are the 6th-9th pick though those Bs and Cs and Ds become more of a reality. I hope QBs go very early but it doesn't seem like a QB year.

I could live with a stud Joeckel at LT and Reiff at RT for 10 plus years. Keep Stafford upright and much better run blocking off tackle would be real nice.

I really want a DE bad. 60 less hurries than last year, many less strip sacks and many less ints due to opposing QB having more time.

Teo I just can't see him on the outside. Are there any other stud OLBs that are athletic that can cover and play the run well. I see Levy walking in FA.
Old 12-26-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Damontre has 80 tackles, 20 tfl, 12.5 sacks, and 2 blocked kicks.

Gerald Hodges from Penn State should be solid in the late 2nd-4th rounds.
Kenny Tate is worth a late look as a nickel package coverage linebacker.
I don't really see anyone that is a substantial upgrade over Ashlee Palmer unless we go early with the pick.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 12-27-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Moore too. Agree with everything that was said. A Dline on Suh, Fairley, Moore is just downright scary.

Joeckel will work well for the future, no reason to have to explain why. My belief on Lewan is that after this bowl game (where I expect Clowney to dominate him) he will fall out of the 1st round.

Jarvis Jones scares me with his health. Not a fan really and I do not think he fits our team or philosophy. Schwartz's plan on defense is to rush 4, so a pass rushing OLB doesn't thrill me unless we change our approach.

In the second round I want to address our secondary. There should be a handful of guys there at our pick: Rhodes, Reid, Amerson, etc

After that I hope we take some young Olinemen and Wrs. Need value after this, hopefully a future replacement at OG, C, and a slot reciever (again I know)

Last edited by detroit4life : 12-27-2012 at 03:05 PM.
detroit4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Jarvis Jones but we have to look at his injury history.
weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Gunther is an old guru and can adapt to Jarvis Jones. I remember the first season of the new coaching staff when we blitzed over half of the time. We have better personnel and if we add some secondary help then it could be the change that we desperately need.

I'm not a wide9 fan though. Our DTs are good enough to collapse the pocket every play that I would prefer to only have one DE lineup wide and move the pocket to one side so we can dictate having the QB throw it into heavy coverage or have to throw across the field.

ex. just line Avril up wide and have the other DE as more of a base. Avril's wide technique can force the QB to the right and we can have a heavier zone on that side of the field to limit the QB's options. It cuts the field in half and limits the QB's options, but I'm not a defensive coordinator...

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 12-28-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:36 AM    (permalink
weasel
Rookie

weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.weasel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default evaluate roster

I am sure Avril and his 12.5 million are gone.
KVB and his money are gone and that leaves a gaping hole at DE
Chris Houston is going to demand bank and if we cannot fit him in there we might be looking at Greenwood, Green and Bentley.
Cherilous and Backus are expensive options which need review. Gosder is a throw away in my opinion, easy to replace, but Backus is nearing the end and very expensive.
That is 5-6 positions which will determine the direction we go. Some will be resolved before we draft.
Delmas is probably a re-sign, Levy and the rest of the defensive back seven are all up for new contracts , too. Yikes,
weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to mention Stafford and Suh see their cap value jump from approx $15.5m to $37.5m next season.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasel View Post
I am sure Avril and his 12.5 million are gone.
KVB and his money are gone and that leaves a gaping hole at DE
Chris Houston is going to demand bank and if we cannot fit him in there we might be looking at Greenwood, Green and Bentley.
Cherilous and Backus are expensive options which need review. Gosder is a throw away in my opinion, easy to replace, but Backus is nearing the end and very expensive.
That is 5-6 positions which will determine the direction we go. Some will be resolved before we draft.
Delmas is probably a re-sign, Levy and the rest of the defensive back seven are all up for new contracts , too. Yikes,
Avrils 10.6 number. But yeah Avril lowered his value this year but he'll probably hit the open market. You never know Tulloch and Houston hit the open market and they both came back.

KVB was junk this year. He served a purpose but he's addition by subtraction.

I am worried about Houston given the corner market next year. He must be priority number 1 though because just drafting a rookie CB in Round 1 to replace Houston does not make us better at all.

Backus and Gosder will be an interesting decision. I think I want Gosder to walk due to poor run blocking(it's important for RT), keep Backus for one more year and then get another right tackle after 2013 to pair with Reiff.

Delmas hopefully is back too. I wouldn't mind the franchise for him actually but a re-sign is probably better for the cap obviously. It's hard to determine his worth. The injuries drive his price down some but his agent know the Lions need him badly.

I think one of Levy and Durant will be back and either Whitehead, Palmer or Lewis will start next year. I prefer Durant back. Palmer is a free agent but he can be brought back cheap especially if he gets a chance to start. He'll jump at that.

Spievey concussions can let him walk, he's restricted if we really want him but maybe not even worth the 1.2 million tender. Lacey could come back cheap. Florence is gone. They signed Bartell to a 2 year deal to replace and get the three rookies back. Houston is the big one though that I'll be holding my breath on.

Sammie Lee Hill will be another interesting decision. See how much he is worth. Corey Williams probably walks. Hanson may retire, that is 3 million we can save right there with a rookie kicker. Fox is a restricted free agent, he probably gets the 1.2 million tender. Hilliard is a free agent, depends on Fox but he could be brought back cheap too.

Shaun Hill's salary jumps too but we need to keep him.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

For Reference
2012 Salary Cap 120.6 Million
2013 Salary Cap 121 Million projected by the league office on 12/27

Lions Top Contract Hits for 2013

Name $2013($2012)
Stafford 20.32m(8.935m)
Suh 17.1725m(6.5625m)
Johnson 12.2m(11.5m)
KVB 10.68625m(4.611m) 3.68250m(save 7m) if cut against 2013 cap, and 1.01875 hits in 2014 and 2015 caps
Backus 7.9m (2.35m) final contract year
Burleson 6.531m (2.495705m) 2.031642 cap hits in 2013 & 2014 if cut
Raiola 6.125m (5.225m) final contract year 1.825m signing bonus for 2013
Jahvid Best 4.9285m (4.693m) 3.28m is a signing bonus in 2013 and 2014....not cuttable, hope he gets healthy
Tulloch 4.750m (2.5m)
Shaun Hill 3.25m(2.25m) final contract year
Peterman 2.915m (2.990m) final contract year
Nick Fairley 2.6965m (2.247m)
Tony Scheffler 2.45m (2.05m) final contract year
Pettigrew 2.420m (2.33625m) final contract year
Rob Sims 1.85m (1.5m)
Riley Reiff 1.815850m (1.4525m)
Drayton Florence 1.5m (1.5m) final contract year
Mike Thomas 1.45m (1.45m)
John Wendling 1.073333m (.908333m) final contract year
Broyles .836025m
Leshoure .822157m(.732157m)
Tyrell Johnson .715m (.7m) final contract year
Brian Robiskie .715m (.3075m) final contract year
Bill Bentley .617278m
Bill Nagy .555m
Tahir Whitehead .533m (.443m)
Chris Greenwood .528m
Jonte Green .504250m (.414250m)
Travis Lewis .494750m (.404750m)
Kellen Moore .481250m (.39125m)
Ronnell Lewis .480m

Titus Young 1.0075m .4525m cap hit 2013 and 2014 if cut

Total: 120,322,963m on like 30 people
Available Money: 677,037 to spend on like 40-50 guys(40x $600k= $24m)

Smart Cuts
KVB saves $7,003,750
Burleson saves $4,499,358
Titus Young saves $555,000 if cut and $1,007,500 if traded
Raiola saves $4,300,000
Jeff Backus I'm fuzzy on LTBE stuff, but his signing bonus is only 750k, which could save 7.15m
Total saved if Young traded and Backus only counting 750k is: $23,960,608

Free Agents 2012 cap hit
Cliff Avril 10.605m
Corey Williams 5.21875m
Chris Houston 4.625m
Gosder 4.620m
Justin Durant 3.625m
Jason Hanson 3.225m
DeAndre Levy 1.927m
Dylan Gandy 1.85m
Louis Delmas 1.747m
Corey Hilliard 1.26m
SLH 1.26m
Jacob Lacey 1.176m
Lawrence Jackson 1.015m
Titus Young 1.0075m
Nick Harris .925m
Kassim Osgood .890m
Stefan Logan .865m
Kevin Smith .605m
Will Heller .605m
Don Mulbach .605m
Ashlee Palmer .615m
Jason Fox .600302m RFA
Amari Spievey .570208m RFA
Joique Bell .54m RFA
Don Carey .54m
Willie Young .506m RFA
Ricardo Silva .465m RFA
Kris Durham .465m
Some prorated late pickups that I won't list

Source: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/detroit-lions/

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 12-30-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Cutting KVB and Burleson won't save that much in fact they will each be about 800K more as dead money than what they are on the books this year in 2012. They will be cut because if they are not cut their cap numbers are huge in 2013 so we are saving that money but that is money not on the books yet compared to the baseline starting point of the cap number right now. What you have to do is compare the dead cap money after the cut to their cap number in 2012. That is the true savings when making a cap cut.

For instance Burlesons dead money would be 3.1 million or so if cut(not a June cut). His cap number in 2012 is 2.3 million. So it costs the Lions 3.1 million towards the cap (800K more compared more compared to 2012 (3.1-2.3)). However if they don't cut Burleson his cap number is 6.074 million which is way too high. So therefore Burleson should be cut but it doesn't save us that much in new money for 2013 just future money.

Use this for the cap numbers

http://thenetrat.com/salarycap.html

Last edited by Maybe This Year Mayhew : 12-30-2012 at 10:45 AM.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

that sounds even worse.

Come on Oakland.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 12-30-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

5th overall pick.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bring on Bjoern Werner!

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

we can rename our place Fjord Field

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 12-30-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping Te'o is still available at #5, he'd shore up our run defense considerably.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:42 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we just take Jadeveon Clowney this year?

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

So who may take a DE.

Jags unless they go QB, Raiders with their new competent GM. Eagles go Joeckel probably. KC probably not.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The trouble is, there are no 4-3 DE's available in the top 10 picks, never mind top 5. Moore and Mingo look like 3-4 OLB's to me and aren't big enough to play any part in stopping the run. We aren't going to contend for a Super Bowl till we can stop the run and that's why I believe Te'o will be our pick. He will add a toughness to our defense which it totally lacks today. Sure, I'd like a solid DE or a CB but we are drafting too early to get value at those positions, IMO.

Te'o
9 Takeaways
7 interceptions
2 FF

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 12-31-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, but can he or Tulloch play OLB?

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Tulloch can.

Can we dump the Wide Nine next year please? That'd be the best way to help our Run D.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
I think Tulloch can.

Can we dump the Wide Nine next year please? That'd be the best way to help our Run D.
That's why I'm for firing Cunningham, his defensive scheme just doesn't work although Schwartz may also want that system in place.