Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 12-27-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
The only bigger need would be DT, and that would certainly be debateable. The right side of our line is atrocious, and it shows in the run game and pass protection. In today's offensive league and us having a young, franchise quarterback, a number of Panthers' fans would definitely prefer we go offensive round one.
I understand but RT and guard are positions that are typically easier to find later in the draft or through free agency. Secondary was a big need last year, is it solid now? I find that hard to believe as all they added was josh Norman and nakamura.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:45 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
I understand but RT and guard are positions that are typically easier to find later in the draft or through free agency. Secondary was a big need last year, is it solid now? I find that hard to believe as all they added was josh Norman and nakamura.
The secondary is still an area of definite need, just not as much as the two tackle spots, especially if we add a defensive tackle, as an improved defensive line usually improves the secondary by proxy. Norman still needs to develop, Nakamura is pretty bad. Even so, I'd hate to go secondary in the first round, only in the second if the talent available is truly worth it.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
The secondary is still an area of definite need, just not as much as the two tackle spots, especially if we add a defensive tackle, as an improved defensive line usually improves the secondary by proxy. Norman still needs to develop, Nakamura is pretty bad. Even so, I'd hate to go secondary in the first round, only in the second if the talent available is truly worth it.
I imagine whoever the coach and GM of the Panthers turns out to be will have a big impact on who they take as well. The idea of Chip Kelly in Carolina is definitely an intriguing one, I'd go all-in on Cam in fantasy if he ends up there for sure =)
Old 12-28-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers appear to be set on releasing Jermichael Finley, but I don't think that changes how much they truly desire a new tight end for the team. McCarthy's offense has always been centered around the receivers and the tight end position, when the offense is running best, is more of a niche position. The team will return with DJ Williams, Tom Crabtree, Ryan Taylor, and Brandon Bostick, who has gotten high marks on the practice squad, and I can almost guarantee they'll be more than thrilled with those four as their options for next season.

The running back position gets a ton of criticism and it will likely be addressed during the draft but I don't see the first round being the time.

The offensive line has had issues at times, but they seem to be figuring things out with Lang lining up at LG, Evan Dietrich-Smith at C, Josh Sitton at RG, and Don Barclay at RT (Bulaga will also be returning next season). Marshall Newhouse at LT might be replaced or the team may even go with a competition between Bulaga and Sherrod next season to see if one of them can beat him out.

The defensive line could certainly stand to apply more pressure. BJ Raji is obviously the anchor along the line. Ryan Pickett is at the end of his career so I'm guessing he'll be out next year. Youngsters Mike Neal, Jerel Worthy, and Mike Daniels have shown ability at times but have been far from consistent performers when they actually see the field. CJ Wilson will battle for a spot next year as well. I could see an addition here as well, but I don't see the team feeling it's urgent enough to go early with it given all the youth.

Linebackers seem fairly set for next season with Matthews, Bishop, Hawk, and Perry likely being the starters (assuming everyone recovers from their injuries). Brad Jones has played well inside for the team. Erik Walden and Dezman Moses have had their bright spots throughout the season. Ultimately I could see them going for another pass rushing backer in round one.

In the secondary Casey Hayward, Sam Shields, and Davon House have proven to be dependable on the field when healthy, and factoring in Tramon Williams, the team is set at corner moving forward. The safety position might be the most shaky position on the team with Morgan Burnett having his good and bad weeks along with the youth of MD Jennings and Jerron McMillian. I feel the safety position should and could get a look in round one. They desperately need a difference maker at the position.

Ranking the Packers' top needs

1. Safety
2. Left Tackle
3. Outside Linebacker
4. Running Back
5. Defensive Line

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:10 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
1. Safety
2. Left Tackle
3. Outside Linebacker
4. Running Back
5. Defensive Line
I'm guessing that's not in order because RB and LT are clearly the top 2 needs there, I don't even think OLB is a need as the only reason Brad Jones moved inside was because they were decimated with injuries and they have Perry, Matthews, and Moses. Maybe they'll take one on day 3, but I don't see how they take one in the 1st.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm guessing that's not in order because RB and LT are clearly the top 2 needs there, I don't even think OLB is a need as the only reason Brad Jones moved inside was because they were decimated with injuries and they have Perry, Matthews, and Moses. Maybe they'll take one on day 3, but I don't see how they take one in the 1st.
Well thank you for telling us what our needs are.

Running Back is not a huge need for us, because we don't run the ball. It would be a waste of a first round pick.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So are Bulaga and Sherrod both potentially not starting for GB next year? Barclay is the UDFA rookie IIRC, I figured Bulaga would take his spot back but I guess not. Apparently Sherrod has been trash if he's not even considered to be in the mix.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Well thank you for telling us what our needs are.

Running Back is not a huge need for us, because we don't run the ball. It would be a waste of a first round pick.
LOL yeah man, and the Jets don't need a QB because our passing game is bad. You should do stand up.

Did you even read what you just said? You cannot be serious lol
Old 12-28-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LOL yeah man, and the Jets don't need a QB because our passing game is bad. You should do stand up.

Did you even read what you just said? You cannot be serious lol
Not because we don't run the ball well, because we don't run the ball. We have Aaron Rodgers. We can win games without having an Adrian Peterson, which is why drafting a RB in the first round makes no sense. Even if they're a stud, the effect they will have on our games is minimal. We can easily pick one up in the later rounds that will be just as valuable to us.

Do you think the Saints are happy with their Mark Ingram pick ?It doesn't matter how good he was or is, they simply don't use him enough to warrant picking him in the first round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
So are Bulaga and Sherrod both potentially not starting for GB next year? Barclay is the UDFA rookie IIRC, I figured Bulaga would take his spot back but I guess not. Apparently Sherrod has been trash if he's not even considered to be in the mix.
Sherrod hasn't even played. We don't know if he's trash or amazing. Which is why I'd like to see him play before committing to an offensive tackle in the first round for 3 years out of the last 4.

RIP themaninblack

Last edited by SuperPacker : 12-28-2012 at 10:37 AM.
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:02 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Brad Jones has been far better inside than he ever proved to be outside. Nick Perry is a decent pass rusher but his strength lies in run support, not in pass rushing. Dezman Moses has been okay, and I know he's still a rookie but in terms of pass rushing ability he has proven enough to be comfortable with him moving forward.

SuperPacker has already tackled the RB topic. Do we need a RB? Yes, I am not going to deny that, but with our offense it is not sensible to invest a high pick in the position. Much like the tight end position for the offense, RB is more of a niche position because we're looking for guys to fill specific roles, not looking for a workhorse back.

Left tackle is a high need and that's why I placed it second. I feel there is a strong possibility though that the best options, for next season, may come from in-house with Bulaga and Sherrod battling Newhouse for the position.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bjoern may be who the Lions take, but I love Moore. He's played DE this year, and the Lions drafted Cliff Avril when he was a bit undersized. I don't think they'll be gunshy at taking Moore if he tears up the predraft process.

Its still early in the process, but you definitely have the right mix.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:35 AM    (permalink
gouldo
Rookie

gouldo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If Miami took Warmack in the 1st, there would be a bounty on Irelands head. Montgomery would be a far better pick, as would Reid or Allen.

Sorry, fail with this effort
Old 12-30-2012, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Azhais
Rookie

Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
Not because we don't run the ball well, because we don't run the ball.
Green Bay has averaged 27.8 run attempts per game this seasion (13th highest in the league), which comes to 42% of offensive snaps (14th highest). We run plenty, and it would sure be nice if those runs accomplished something.
Azhais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhais View Post
Green Bay has averaged 27.8 run attempts per game this seasion (13th highest in the league), which comes to 42% of offensive snaps (14th highest). We run plenty, and it would sure be nice if those runs accomplished something.
Exactly. Anyone who's watched the packers know that they run a ton. Rodgers doesn't even come close to the pass attempts that Brees, stafford, and luck put up. The issue is that they don't have any effective RBs. It is definitely a first round need.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Azhais
Rookie

Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It is definitely a first round need.
I don't know that I'd go that far. None of the rbs in this draft are really worth a first round pick, and gb has bigger first round needs, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see them take one of the sundry backs available in the second. I'd prefer to see a tackle in the first.
Azhais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhais View Post
I don't know that I'd go that far. None of the rbs in this draft are really worth a first round pick, and gb has bigger first round needs, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings to see them take one of the sundry backs available in the second. I'd prefer to see a tackle in the first.
TRich was the only RB with a first round grade last year but Doug Martin and David Wilson were still taken where GB projects to be picking. I'd except at least one RB to be taken at the end of the 1st, maybe Bernard if his medical a check out or lacy if he has a good combine.