Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2012 49ers Gameday Thread: Week 17: Cardinals at 49ers

Week 17:
Sunday, December 30, 2012

Arizona Cardinals (5-10)
at
San Francisco 49ers (10-4-1)

Time: 1:25 pm pst
Line: SF -16.5
Announcers: Gus Johnson, Charles Davis, Kristina Pink

Really? It's Week 17. Still haven't won the division? Sort of embarrassing at this point. Kind of like the game last we... nah, let's just forget that ever happened. As far as I'm concerned, the game was cancelled after a giant shitcloud settled in above the stadium and rained fecal matter. Blame global warming.

So, hey, sorry I havenít done one of these in a while. Honestly, itís because I just got divorced. Got kinda blindsided and had to re-group. It wasnít pretty. But, really, I just havenít put any time into doing these because Iím slamming ass all over the place. Basically that, and drinking a lot. It. Is. Awesome. Seriously. Chicks are all I think about at the moment (outside of the occasional shitcloud conspiracy theory).

So, with that in mind, here is your game breakdown (Ness and ViperVisor will appreciate this):

If you knew Brian Hoyer was on the Cardinals raise your hands. Put your hands down smart guys. Yeah, heís going to start on Sunday. Here is a picture of Brian Hoyer.

Hey, remember when this guy went 18 for 19 and 3 tds on MNF against the Cards:

Instead weíre still rolling with this:

We might be without this guy for the rest of the season. Not good.

And we really, really need these guys to step up:

As usual, the Cardinals have this stud:

And they have a running back I think. I canít remember who it is, but it is somebody. Maybe itís this guy:

Or this:

Oh, I remember, itís this guy:

We really got to get this guy rollin:

And this guy might not be DHB, but heís having a pretty productive season. Is it a breakout season?

And finally Ö this:

Standings:

**** the standings. Niners win and they win the division. They lose, and shitt gets broken.

Special Note:

Old 12-28-2012, 01:59 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for another epic gameday thread, Borat. I've missed them... but now knowing what you're going through... Ugh. I hope I never have to experience one of those. I'm sorry to hear that.

I just want to beat the Cardinals and keep everyone else healthy while doing it. I don't care if we win 7-3.

And lol at the Cardinals starting QBs. Kolb, Skelton, Lindley, and now Hoyer. Wonder when's the last time a club has started 4 different QBs in the same year?
Old 12-28-2012, 04:04 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry to hear about your situation Borat. I hope things get better for you.

As for the game, if the 49ers don't win it's probably going to be a short postseason trip for them. San Francisco should dominate the Cardinals in San Francisco even with a few key players hurt. Especially after getting their asses kicked last week. Winning the division probably won't have the same spark as it did last year because of the recent thrashing, but whatever. The 49ers just need to rebound, take care of business and hope that Green Bay stumbles in Minnesota who are also playing for a playoff spot. I don't want to see Brian Hoyer pull of his best Dan Fouts impression in his first start.

Part of me wishes we get an opportunity to play Seattle again in the playoffs for payback. I'd love to see Richard Sherman's ass get clocked.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

16.5 point favorites is pretty insulting to the Cardinals after what happened to us last week. I don't think we cover the spread but I have a hard time seeing a loss.
Old 12-28-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry about what you're going through Borat. Awesome photos and GameDay thread though, especially the Carmen Electra and Stacy Kiebler photos. :)

As for the game itself, honestly im torn. On one hand, if GB loses, then I want the team to win but at the same time, to lose and for SEA to win so SEA gets the bye. We would play either DAL or WSH and if the 6th seed can somehow knock off the Packers, we would get a rematch with the Seahawks in Seattle which to be honestly, I really really really want to see happen.

However, realistically, I see us winning the division, GB eliminating the Vikings and the Bears getting the 6th seed. Bears at 49ers next weekend in the wildcard round.

Just too many bad games this season. Both Rams games were cluster***** and the Vikings loss was bad too. Giants loss didnt bother me at all since we won the two divisional games after that and before the bye.

Seahawks game was horrible but hopefully, it wakes up the entire team from top to bottom. Anyway, prediction time.....

Cardinals 13
49ers 34

Kaepernick will bounce back with his first 300 yard game and at least 2 tds. Davis and Smith will both be held out. Gore goes over 100 yards and a TD. I'm also adding defensive TD and two FG's by Akers. :)
Old 12-28-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words. But really, this is a great thing for me. I feel like I time-traveled back to my early 20s. So much awesome. Also, girls are different nowadays. And by different I mean, much looser lol. Soooooo, thanks for the sympathy, but it's not really necessary anymore!
Old 12-28-2012, 03:41 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey guys, thanks for the kind words. But really, this is a great thing for me. I feel like I time-traveled back to my early 20s. So much awesome. Also, girls are different nowadays. And by different I mean, much looser lol. Soooooo, thanks for the sympathy, but it's not really necessary anymore!
Well, in that case... congratulations!
Old 12-28-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also, girls are different nowadays. And by different I mean, much looser lol.
That's definitely true.
Old 12-28-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Given Justin Smith's injury, I wonder/hope the 49ers focus in on more defensive line help in the upcoming draft and/or free agency. Smith is already getting up there in age and is in the twilight of his career. I don't know how Dobbs is going to come back from his injury. I liked him, but who knows what the real deal is regarding his abilities as a player. Still willing to give Ricky Jean Francois more time to see what he can do in Smith's role, but I still think we'll need help moving forward.

Quote:
Old 12-30-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, I guess a breakfast bourbon in your honor is now acceptable.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 12-30-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Well, I guess a breakfast bourbon in your honor is now acceptable.
I was crushing 7 & 7s last night, but sure, go with the bourbon.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

2012 NFC WEST CHAMPS.

Weird season, but at least the 49ers closed out the season on a high note. After a rough start the 49ers woke up. Still sucks Justin Smith is out, but if the Vikings win against the Packers, we'll have a first round bye. Maybe he can come back. Regardless of what happens, at least the 49ers proved the doubters wrong on whether they could repeat their success from last year.

Kaepernick looked nice today, but the player of the day was Michael Crabtree. He was clutch the entire game. Best performance he's had and what an accomplishment for him to go over 1000 yards. First since Owens was here. Also, Frank Gore is now the franchise leader in rushing touchdowns. Gotta love the crowd cheering in full force for Alex when he stepped out on the field too. All around, a nice victory.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 12-30-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Well that worked out well.

Also, if I had it to do over, I'd have included a section of the gameday thread for David Akers. And I would have used a pic of a nasty fat chick.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Old 12-30-2012, 09:11 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Great win, awesome performance by Crabtree and record setting day by Gore. Only negative was Akers. Dont know about anyone else but im worried that in the playoffs, games could definitely come down to his left foot and well, not good. Other than that, no complaints except for the very slow start but better to end strong instead of start strong.

And yes!!! We get the bye week. I'm shocked Packers lost. Didnt think that they would but im happy they did. Hopefully, during the bye week, Kaepernick and Davis can try getting on the same page for the playoffs because just having Crabtree as our only major offensive weapon (like Davis last year) wont be good. If Davis can get back to where he was when Smith was the QB, we'll be extremely hard to beat.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:12 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

TECMO!!!!!
Old 12-30-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I'll be pretty pissed if Akers isn't replaced by the next game. San Francisco has two weeks to find a kicker.

It's ridiculous that we'll bench our starting quarterback that played well, but won't replace our struggling kicker. Doesn't make sense.

Quote:
Old 12-30-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I'll be pretty pissed if Akers isn't replaced by the next game. San Francisco has two weeks to find a kicker.

It's ridiculous that we'll bench our starting quarterback that played well, but won't replace our struggling kicker. Doesn't make sense.
Agreed 100%.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
The 49ers will host their divisional game on Saturday, December 12th at 5:00 p.m. PST at Candlestick Park. If the Packers beat the Vikings in the wild-card round at Lambeau Field next week, Green Bay will play the 49ers. Otherwise, the 49ers would play host to the winner of the other playoff game, featuring the Seattle Seahawks at the winner of Sunday night's Dallas-Washington game.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-...tin-smith-heal

Quote:
Old 12-30-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Jim Harbaugh finally says SOMETHING regarding David Akers in the post game presser:

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...#storylink=cpy

Quote:
Old 12-30-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Old 12-30-2012, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Awwwww, they're besties.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:49 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jim Harbaugh finally says SOMETHING regarding David Akers in the post game presser:

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...#storylink=cpy
It's about freaking time. He will be gone this off season I hope and we need a youngin to replace him a rookie or 2/3rd year guy. Akers is on his last season and out the door.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:53 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

I was giving AJ Jenkins the benefit of the doubt, but **** that. This guy is terrible. I doubt he sees one snap in the playoffs.

But LeMike looks like a legitimate weapon.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:56 AM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah how the hell was Jenkins a 1st round pick? Looks absolutely clueless out there.