Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 11-13-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't think we draft a QB until 2014 honestly, I could be wrong but last I checked cutting Sanchez after this season would be an enormous cap hit.

Assuming we pick around the 10-15 range here's what I see at the moment:

Round 1. Damontre Moore - OLB - Texas A & M
Good fit for the Jets scheme and he'd plug right into the primary rush linebacker spot. Has experience playing in a 3-4 as A&M just switched back to 4-3 this season but he still drops back in coverage occasionally. Explosive, disruptive, and versatile, he'd be a huge addition to a pathetic pass rush.

Round 2. Giovani Bernard - RB - North Carolina
We've had a horrible time replacing LT as a passing down back. Shonn Greene's contract expires after this year as well so the feature-back spot is up for grabs as well. Bilal Powell hasn't exactly wowed while he's been in there and has been having trouble staying healthy as well. I wanted Lattimore up until the unfortunate injury but after watching Bernard play a bunch he's definitely got what it takes to be a feature back in the NFL.

Round 3. Zach Ertz - TE - Stanford
Dustin Keller's contract is expiring as well and between the health issues and the drops I just don't want him back in a Jets uniform next year, and unless he has an amazing 2nd half I don't see how he is. Fortunately this class looks strong at TE (assuming guys like Ertz and Reed and Eifert declare) and Ertz is the complete package with good size, run-blocking, and good hands.

Day 3 depth selections: OL, WR, S, RB
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:37 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
First 3 round picks:

1- QB Mike Glennon, North Carolina State.
2- OL Dallas Thomas, Tennessee.
3- OLB Jaime Collins, Southern Miss.

Is it a good start or what?
Or what.

I'm thinking more like:

DaMontre Moore
Jonathan Cooper/Rick Wagner/Some OL
Dion Jordan
Robert Lester
Michael Williams (TE)
Some RB
Some WR
Old 11-22-2012, 08:09 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
Or what.

I'm thinking more like:

DaMontre Moore
Jonathan Cooper/Rick Wagner/Some OL
Dion Jordan
Robert Lester
Michael Williams (TE)
Some RB
Some WR
Dion Jordan in the 3rd? I would be shocked if he fell into the second

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:17 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're not getting Damontre Moore unless you're picking in the 4-7 range, which I really doubt you will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah unfortunately it looks like there's a good chance the Jets are going to miss out on all quarterbacks and the top tier pass rushers. I would love Moore or Jones (provided his health checks out, which I think is a bigger question mark than some care to admit at this point - look at what happened with Bowers a few years ago) and couldn't complain a dice roll on a QB but I'm not sure any of that is going to happen.

As for the QB point that Robcards made, at this point it isn't cost prohibitive to take a QB high in the draft. So I think now more than ever, the franchise QB rule in the draft applies to all teams. And that being the case, if the Jets think there's a franchise QB on the board when they pick, don't pass him up. Just one more year for the young guy to get his feet wet/you find out whether or not he's a bust a year earlier.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:35 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Jordan alot and should have slashed him with Moore (/Jordan/Jones). Jordan's athleticism makes him legit enough for me that I just want him on the team. He's got the potential to play a similar role to what A. Thomas did for Rex, but with even freakier athleticism and more roles. I'd like at least one LB prospect early.

I have decided that if Logan Thomas falls far enough (like mid-3rd far) I would be very into the idea of the Jets drafting him.

Last edited by SenorGato : 11-22-2012 at 06:37 PM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 10:55 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Glennon in the 1st round is a must. A mid round qb to be groomed under Mark Sanchez is a brilliant idea. ha!
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Jordan a lot also, I just don't see him as a third round guy. Pretty sure he's going in the first. Aside from the fact that I think he'd fit better on a team that already has a stud pass rusher in place, I'd be happy with the Jets drafting him.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I like Jordan a lot also, I just don't see him as a third round guy. Pretty sure he's going in the first. Aside from the fact that I think he'd fit better on a team that already has a stud pass rusher in place, I'd be happy with the Jets drafting him.

Half-Agreed... If Jets are manageable to land 2 veteran pass rushers as free agents then I am all for it. Otherwise, I don't think he will have a success with Jets after witnessing Aaron Maybin and Ricky Sapp.

Jordan can play coverage better than either Maybin or Sapp but without pass rushing it does not matter.

The way Jets had played and Wilfork had dominated last night, I may be tempting to get Johnathan Hankins despite of 3rd 1st round DL in a row.
Old 11-24-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

You draft Jordan as a versatile guy, not a pass rusher. His upside is just off the charts. Put him on tight ends, have him rush the passer, play zones, cover backs out of the backfield...the Jets could use a pass rusher but if there isn't one on the board they also need a lot more athleticism at LB.

With Coples, Ellis, and Wilkerson, where does Hankins play in an even or odd front?
Old 11-24-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You draft Jordan as a versatile guy, not a pass rusher. His upside is just off the charts. Put him on tight ends, have him rush the passer, play zones, cover backs out of the backfield...the Jets could use a pass rusher but if there isn't one on the board they also need a lot more athleticism at LB.

With Coples, Ellis, and Wilkerson, where does Hankins play in an even or odd front?

Jordan was supposed to be a dangerous pass rusher basing on his speed and off edge speed but so far I have watched him play a delay action. It is difficult to know whether or not he is a true pass rusher.

Jordan's coverage is good for one side of field, a quarterback will look other side. I don't see value that way in top 10. True pass rusher does cause game changing matter. Coverage does not.

I don't envision Ellis as a starting caliber NT. Hankins would start NT but will line up multiple positions like Wilkerson does.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

To me Jordan is high ceiling, high floor. He doesn't rush the passer much in college but is still fairly productive. Lots of pass rushing potential, but he can also do all sorts of things on the field. I kind of get the top 10 point you make, but if the other pass rushers are off the board and there's no QB either I'd take him. Super talented guy.

Agree to disagree on Ellis, I think he's good enough to be the long term NT.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:52 PM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To begin the offensive overhaul: First three picks wish list .......

1 - J. Matthews - OT - Hard to argue with the bloodlines here. Obvious need. O-Line would look much different with him on the right side.
2 - T. Austin - WR - Harvin/Cobb - Lite. Play Maker that probably wont be available here. Could be there if we don't win out, and improve our draft position.
3 - A. Murray - QB - A winner. Produced even after AJ Green left. The height doesn't scare me.
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:42 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Murray's arm is made for dome.

If Mike Glennon is selling well in this off season, I go with him over pass rusher in the first round.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shoot me if the jets get Vick, smith, or Flynn. A day 2 qb is the way to go, QBs coming out are way better than before. I'd much rather have Kirk cousins, a 4th round guy than Vick or Alex Smith. Someone like Zac Dysert or Aaron Murray or Tyler bray on day 2 would have to be an improvement on Sanchez, with upside, and wouldn't cost anything.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, a day 2 QB is not the way to go. Every year, there is at least 1 or 2 QB's projected to go in the 2nd or 3rd rounds that I loved (Clemens, Stanton, Henne to name a few). It usually doesn't turn out well. I even remember Scott Wright writing an article on how the success rate of a 2nd or 3rd round QB is so low.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/23qb/23qbs.php

Dalton and Kaepernick were 2nd rounders in 2011. I'll give you that.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:29 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've changed my stance on the QB thing. All the big-name guys I've seen plenty of, but I watched videos on the rest and there is one guy I like: Zac Dysert. He's not perfect, but he's a whole lot better than the rest. The guys being talked about in the first are almost all god awful. Barkley and Wilson might be serviceable but the rest just are downright bad. Dysert has a little bit of everything though. He's like smaller, knock-off version of Big Ben. He's got good mobility, a pretty good arm, and enough accuracy when he can set his feet. He can even do the quick-kick that Big Ben does! I've never seen a worse supporting cast than what I saw from his, but he still did decent despite them. Looks a little like Sunshine too, so that can't be a bad thing. I don't know if the Jets will look at him because it might be too much to ask for them to go after the single 2nd-3rd round QB I'm interested in, but I think he's the best of the bunch. We would have to actually build a team around him first, though. He's not exactly a franchise maker. But besides him... yeah, I'd wait on a QB.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:05 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we lose this week we have a good chance of picking top 10!
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:25 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I haven't seen everyone, but most of the top players I've watched and I looked at videos of the top 5 Seniors of all the top positions. Right now, these would be my top prospects.

Seniors
1. Jonathan Cooper, OG
2. Ezekiel Ansah, DE
3. Eric Fisher, OT
4. Tavon Austin, ATH
5. Johnathan Franklin, RB
6. John Simon, DE
7. Manti Te'o, ILB

Juniors
1. Luke Joeckel, OT
2. Dee Milliner, CB
3. Justin Hunter, WR

It would be nice to see us go after at least one of these game-breakers on offense. We need quite a bit more explosiveness.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Meh, a day 2 QB is not the way to go. Every year, there is at least 1 or 2 QB's projected to go in the 2nd or 3rd rounds that I loved (Clemens, Stanton, Henne to name a few). It usually doesn't turn out well. I even remember Scott Wright writing an article on how the success rate of a 2nd or 3rd round QB is so low.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/features/23qb/23qbs.php

Dalton and Kaepernick were 2nd rounders in 2011. I'll give you that.

Well, Jets can trade back into 1st round and pick Zac Dysert or Ryan Nassib. lol.

WCO quarterbacks work just fine with any rounds. That is why I would love to see Jets switch to WCO.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Today's Pinstripe Bowl should be interesting with Nassib a potential day 2 prospect and Smith likely a first round guy who may or may not be available for the Jets.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Today's Pinstripe Bowl should be interesting with Nassib a potential day 2 prospect and Smith likely a first round guy who may or may not be available for the Jets.

Nassib looked good but the run game has dominated for 3 consecutive bowls.
Old 12-29-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Nassib looked good but the run game has dominated for 3 consecutive bowls.
Yeah he looked solid early but also had some really ugly throws. Doesn't look like somebody I'd take in the first round. I'm with 'Canes on the whole first round or bust theory with drafting starting QB's, day two picks tend not to pan out. Don't think he's worth taking this year, but who knows maybe they take him. Will be interesting to see if he plays at the Senior Bowl and if so how he plays.

All of that said, I'm pretty sure the Jets could draft a QB in round 2 or 3 (even 4) who would come in and beat out Sanchez/McElroy for the starting job. So maybe it's a possibility. I'd rather just go with a first rounder or wait it out though.
Old 12-29-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Well, I still go for Nassib or Dysert if no Glennon. I would love to trade down in the first round to get extra pick before picking up Nassib or Dysert so that way I won't feel under pressure to take a quarterback over better prospect.

Sean Renfree will be out of action for 6 months. ouch! Jets could sign him as UDFA.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Jets owning 8th overall selection is a possibility. It may be a good chance for Jets to get either Smith or Glennon.

I should start to sabotage Glennon to make sure he is no number one pick. lol.