Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 12-24-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it strange that this report just gave me an erection?

League sources tell CBS the Jets are planning to replace GM Mike Tannenbaum, but hope to keep him in a "cap management role."
The Jets are reportedly already "reaching out" to potential GM candidates. However, according to reporter Jason La Canfora, candidates are having "significant issues with the parameters." Tannenbaum has not only failed as a talent evaluator, but as a cap manager, handing out many terrible contracts. There would also be the matter of him looming over his replacement's head. "That's totally ridiculous," one executive said of the proposed setup. "Only the Jets." We couldn't have said it better ourselves. The good news for Jets fans, however, is that at the very least, it appears Tannenbaum will no longer be overseeing the draft and free agency. The Jets might finally have a chance in player evaluation.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecollegedropout View Post
Someone will want to come in for a payday....only so many chances you get to have such a title. Some will crack when the iron's hot.
I'm not saying someone won't come in. But a smart guy will pass on coming into a situation where a team has a terribly managed cap, lots of bad contracts, and is keeping on the old GM who the owner has some strange fondness for. Tannenbaum's just going to be hanging around over their heads. Not saying nobody will take the job, but I'd rather wait a year or two and get another GM gig personally and I'm sure a lot of other front office guys in the league will feel the same way.

They want to keep him on as a contract guy? Really? After some of the deals he's made that just seems beyond dumb.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:55 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would just like to say that it offends me ( I dont mean in a truly meaningful way that affects my life) when NFL coaches act like they are smarter than everyone else and that no one has any idea how to even question any of their decisions. It just bugs me when Rex Ryan keeps lying and not giving straight answers about his decisions even when they are so seemingly illogical. The funny part about it is that he is in a rare situation when it is clearly not pressure from above, because if it were, he would have played tebow more.

Also, Sparano said the wildcat didn't work as badly as everyone thought? What kind of ******* ******** is that? How can he try to convince people of something we know to be true and have seen? It really is damn funny how stubborn and stupid these asshole coaches are.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This report amused me a bit:

Dustin Keller "100 percent does not want" to be franchise tagged in the offseason.
"I signed a five year deal, that's what I agreed to. To make somebody play a one year deal to something they never agreed to is crazy to me. It's not legal in any other business, so it's still, it's just crazy to me. So no, I definitely don't want to be franchised," said Keller. Keller has played in just eight games this season, posting 317 yards and two touchdowns on 28 catches. The franchise tag figure for a tight end this upcoming offseason is $5.962 million. Keller and S LaRon Landry seem to be the most likely options for the Jets' franchise tag in 2013.

I think its cute that Dustin Keller thinks he's worthy of a franchise tag. He'd be extremely lucky to get 6 million considering he's a bum. Also we can't franchise tag Landry (unfortunately) because of a clause in his contract that says we cant.
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, he may be slapped as F-tag. Many teams abuse tags nowadays.

I don't freaking getting it that many people think Tony Sparano knew how to run wildcat bs. He never ran it right back in Miami at all.

Sparano become Dolphins' HC and Dan Henning was his OC. Henning's one of coaching positions suggested one single wing with Ronnie Brown at QB. Henning used it effectively. After Henning was done with Dolphins, the wildcat had been ineffective. Mike Tannenbaum was an idiot for going after Tim Tebow. Evidently.

I have read around via internet. I saw one forum that want Jets to wait until 2014 draft for new quarterback. Really?

Solid juniors will challenge 2014 draft for number one. Do we have guarantee that they will forgo their senior? Will we settle down with Zach Mettenberger? Too many questions for 2014.

Go after Mike Glennon at once.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:45 PM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hard being a Jets fan these days...REAL hard! Why do i want spend my money on this organization? 2 years ago...maybe the best time ever in my life to be a Jets fan....but now? Ugh....so painful. Wilkerson is a decent pick over last couple years...but who else? Kerley pretty good...anyone else?
CollegeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why get Tebow if you don't even use him?...simply ridiculous...at least let the guy fail after it was CLEAR Sanchez was NOT going to get it done. This franchise is going the wrong way fast
Old 12-28-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Actually, he may be slapped as F-tag. Many teams abuse tags nowadays.

I don't freaking getting it that many people think Tony Sparano knew how to run wildcat bs. He never ran it right back in Miami at all.

Sparano become Dolphins' HC and Dan Henning was his OC. Henning's one of coaching positions suggested one single wing with Ronnie Brown at QB. Henning used it effectively. After Henning was done with Dolphins, the wildcat had been ineffective. Mike Tannenbaum was an idiot for going after Tim Tebow. Evidently.

I have read around via internet. I saw one forum that want Jets to wait until 2014 draft for new quarterback. Really?

Solid juniors will challenge 2014 draft for number one. Do we have guarantee that they will forgo their senior? Will we settle down with Zach Mettenberger? Too many questions for 2014.

Go after Mike Glennon at once.
What about Renfree? What do u think of his NFL potential?
Old 12-29-2012, 12:38 AM    (permalink
AHungryWalrus
Veteran

AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AHungryWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post

I think its cute that Dustin Keller thinks he's worthy of a franchise tag. He'd be extremely lucky to get 6 million considering he's a bum. Also we can't franchise tag Landry (unfortunately) because of a clause in his contract that says we cant.
Yeah, it really is too bad, he played extremely well for us. I want to bring him back and get a full season of Revis, Cro, and Landry in the secondary.

But who knows that the hell will happen. This offseason is going to be crazy.
AHungryWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CollegeFan View Post
Why get Tebow if you don't even use him?...simply ridiculous...at least let the guy fail after it was CLEAR Sanchez was NOT going to get it done. This franchise is going the wrong way fast

Tebow is the reason Tannenbaum got booted as GM.

Tannenbaum actually has good drafts.

Sean Renfree is a good prospect but I am not going to pass on Glennon just for him.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:54 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So after this season it looks like Tannenbaum is gone. There will likely be some changes in the coaching staff as well (offensive coordinator at the very least). However, we haven't really heard one way or another on the future of Rex Ryan. What are everyone's opinions on bringing him back or firing him?
Old 12-29-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

I don't mind Ryan staying. Jets should keep working on QB and OC until everything clicks together. Ryan's defense is solid so why should it be changed?

According to nyjetscap, defense will become cheaper and younger for 2013 season but offense is stagnant due to Sanchez and Holmes' heavy guaranteed salary. New defense philosophy inserted may happen but younger ones may offer more athleticism to bolster Ryan's defense.

Offensive side is the difficult to solve no matter who is new GM and OC. It will require some good creative to resolve this problem.
Old 12-30-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't mind Ryan staying. Jets should keep working on QB and OC until everything clicks together. Ryan's defense is solid so why should it be changed?

According to nyjetscap, defense will become cheaper and younger for 2013 season but offense is stagnant due to Sanchez and Holmes' heavy guaranteed salary. New defense philosophy inserted may happen but younger ones may offer more athleticism to bolster Ryan's defense.

Offensive side is the difficult to solve no matter who is new GM and OC. It will require some good creative to resolve this problem.
It's called getting a quarterback. Get a quarterback, and a lot of these "holes" on offense will magically disappear. You have talent on offense, you have a good OL, good not great, but good enough. You have weapons moving forward, Holmes while expensive and a diva is still a very good WR, Hill will develop, Kurly is a solid slot, and Keller is a good TE. You just need a RB.

A good qb will utilize all of those weapons and your offense will magically look good again.

If the Jets don't draft a quarterback, theyre making a terrible mistake.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Right now, Jets are well over 2013 salary cap by about 22m. Cutting Sanchez and Holmes will not reduce it. Pace, Scott and Smith cut may help get Jets back under the cap slightly. That is before re-signing RFA, Keller and Edwards and signing FA. Not to mention, both starting Gs are set to be free agents after this season.

Rookie quarterback never brings a team to Super Bowl and wins. I would like to try to get Jets back to Super Bowl contender asap but if it is highly doubtful then Jets shall be in rebuilding mode.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Told ya, Greene is beast. 1000 for 3rd consecutive season. lol.

Still, Jets need to have another solid RB. 800/800/500 from ?,Greene and Powell.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Agreed, BBD. I think Keller may be gone this offseason though. Guy doesn't want to play next season under the franchise tag despite being inconsistent all year and never really putting it all together. If you get rid of Sanchez, which they have to do, I don't see the real appeal of bringing him back on anything more than a one year prove it deal. But if they can go QB day one and RB/TE in some order day 2 that could set up the offense really nicely for the future.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tebow is the reason Tannenbaum got booted as GM.

Tannenbaum actually has good drafts.

Sean Renfree is a good prospect but I am not going to pass on Glennon just for him.
He has good drafts? I can't name one where he didn't get great players outside of the first round (and the first round itself hasn't been exactly the best to him) and didn't have to sacrifice a ton of picks. You would hope at least that you would get a Revis and a Harris in a draft where you have to trade up a bunch to get them. His awful lack of attention towards the future, giving us our pitiful depth, is the sole reason we're in the situation we're in.

Where are people seeing that he's gone for sure though?

In other news, this game going on right now is pretty bad.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
He has good drafts? I can't name one where he didn't get great players outside of the first round (and the first round itself hasn't been exactly the best to him) and didn't have to sacrifice a ton of picks. You would hope at least that you would get a Revis and a Harris in a draft where you have to trade up a bunch to get them. His awful lack of attention towards the future, giving us our pitiful depth, is the sole reason we're in the situation we're in.

Where are people seeing that he's gone for sure though?

In other news, this game going on right now is pretty bad.

Tannenbaum is already reassigned. He returns to his old job before he becomes GM. Basically, Tannenbaum is an interim GM now. lol.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Agreed, BBD. I think Keller may be gone this offseason though. Guy doesn't want to play next season under the franchise tag despite being inconsistent all year and never really putting it all together. If you get rid of Sanchez, which they have to do, I don't see the real appeal of bringing him back on anything more than a one year prove it deal. But if they can go QB day one and RB/TE in some order day 2 that could set up the offense really nicely for the future.

If new OC loves to utilize TE then Keller should be signed for 5 years like he wants.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:38 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

I lost several friends over this Jets-Bills game. I should become a hot team frogger. What a bust season.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Depends if the new OC likes a move TE like Keller or a real TE who can actually block.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

FB too... Josh Baker is out of season but do you guys think he can pick up blitz or block as FB?
Old 12-30-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Kind of feeling good that Giants are out of playoff. lol.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Jaguars may fire Mike Mularkey after only one season? If so, Rex Ryan should get him. WCO with power physical game is his style. Sanchez may be given another shot in WCO if there is no quarterback addition for whatever reason.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:05 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Kind of depends on the offense they decide to run next season. We'll see if it's the kind of system that uses a fullback a lot or if they can just use a guy like Baker at FB when they want to have somebody in the backfield but otherwise run mostly 3 WR or 2 TE sets.