Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-30-2012, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Good, hopefully this leads to an extended feud for him, hopefully culminating in a ME push.
Just like it did last time this exact thing happened, almost two years ago.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Just like it did last time this exact thing happened, almost two years ago.
The Corre sucked. Nexus would have been better with Daniel Bryan leading it and kicking people's heads in, Wade Barrett's first post-corre solo run sucked, his push a year ago before hurting his arm lead nowhere, and his "Barrett Barrage"/Horrid Elbow haven't exactly got him anywhere.

You know what though? Wade Barrett still has "IT", and we should care about him, like someone in WWE wants us to.

He's awful as a heel, I can't see him getting any traction as a face ever, so what is the hype about? I'm with Brody on this one, Barrett won't go anywhere because he can't go anywhere. Let's all ignore for a second that he was getting pushed last year because Mark Henry got hurt. He was like heel #4 on Smackdown at that point and nobody cared about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wade Barrett rules. It's just the way WWE books things. Everybody gets 50/50 booking unless WWE decides they want you to accomplish something. He's gonna beat Kofi in the rematch, He'll probably have a few squash matches against Santino, Zack Ryder, Tyson Kidd, or Yoshi Tatsu.. Maybe do something involving R Truth or Brodus Clay, and then he'll probably drop the IC Title to Alberto Del Rio or The Miz at Wrestlemania.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wade Barrett is all sorts of awesome. No chance in hell that Bryan would have made a better leader of Nexus than Barrett. Wade was PERFECT for that role, and had unbelievable heat. Then WWE botched it with the 'Cena's Fired' angle and gave Miz the World Title instead of Barrett when Barrett was by FAR the most over heel in the company. Bryan is great, but not for that role, and especially not at that time, when he was new to viewers who saw him as nothing byt the small, clean cut nxt guy with the boy scout haircut who was very inconsistent on the mic.

Wade is fantastic, he just hasnt been given a chance to show it in 2+ years. Theres only so much you can do when youre booked like ****.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barrett is a very natural talker as a heel. That's hard to come across.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It doesn't help that Wade was supposed to be a take on all comers guy when he came back a few months ago, then proceeded to face Sheamus two weeks in and just became a random heel after that.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-30-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have never been a Wade Barret fan. I don't think he sucks by any means but I don't see him ever being a top guy.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Wade Barrett is all sorts of awesome. No chance in hell that Bryan would have made a better leader of Nexus than Barrett. Wade was PERFECT for that role, and had unbelievable heat. Then WWE botched it with the 'Cena's Fired' angle and gave Miz the World Title instead of Barrett when Barrett was by FAR the most over heel in the company. Bryan is great, but not for that role, and especially not at that time, when he was new to viewers who saw him as nothing byt the small, clean cut nxt guy with the boy scout haircut who was very inconsistent on the mic.

Wade is fantastic, he just hasnt been given a chance to show it in 2+ years. Theres only so much you can do when youre booked like ****.
I think you're right. Nexus started off so hot and then fell apart as quickly as it heated up by them booking it like crap.

The only thing I can disagree with is the whole Nexus thing was a foolproof way to get someone over as a heel, and it would have worked with a couple different people at the helm, and not just Barrett. That's where my trepidation comes from with him. Maybe it's because he has been booked like crap since Money in the Bank 2011 (which wasn't even that good, but he got a little traction breaking off of the Corre) or that SS Cena/Orton/Barrett crap.

How would you book Barrett?

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
MidwestJimmy
Veteran

MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwestJimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have never been a Wade Barret fan. I don't think he sucks by any means but I don't see him ever being a top guy.
Yes I know JBL, Wade Barrett's gimmick is a guy who fought in the streets of England (London? I'm not clear on that.) and would still fight for free. I get it. Let me reach down into my throat and pull out Barrett's backstory.

Quote:
How would you book Barrett?
As long as they are pounding us with the street fighter thing, I would have him feud with the Funkasaurus (as was mentioned earlier) and Barrett could say he has a problem with somebody dancing around like a fool, and nobody in the streets where he lived ever danced.

Also, he could bring in one or two lower level guys (plants from OVW or wherever) and Barrett could say he used to beat them up, and claim they could beat Clay (or whoever) and he/they could have a match(s) against the face Barrett is feuding with to prove a point. Of course, the street fighters would lose, and Barrett would have to fight his foe himself.
MidwestJimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestJimmy View Post
Yes I know JBL, Wade Barrett's gimmick is a guy who fought in the streets of England (London? I'm not clear on that.) and would still fight for free. I get it. Let me reach down into my throat and pull out Barrett's backstory.

As long as they are pounding us with the street fighter thing, I would have him feud with the Funkasaurus (as was mentioned earlier) and Barrett could say he has a problem with somebody dancing around like a fool, and nobody in the streets where he lived ever danced.

Also, he could bring in one or two lower level guys (plants from OVW or wherever) and Barrett could say he used to beat them up, and claim they could beat Clay (or whoever) and he/they could have a match(s) against the face Barrett is feuding with to prove a point. Of course, the street fighters would lose, and Barrett would have to fight his foe himself.
Thank god you're not part of creative

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:13 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I soooooooo want someone to do this to my wife.

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/p...10028993.shtml

Old 01-04-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.wrestlingnewsworld.com/th...e-he-cant-say/

The Rock regarding Wrestlemania 29.

Quote:
“The storyline will be that starting this coming Monday [for RAW], I’m gonna go back, and it’s going to be a big return,” Johnson said. ”That will lead to, hopefully, what will be the biggest WrestleMania of all time at Giants Stadium. I will headline that show, with someone who I can’t say right now. We’ve got an amazing four months lined up and planned out that will culminate in the biggest WrestleMania of all time. It’s going to be a hell of a thing.”
Old 01-05-2013, 01:22 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

My Wrestlemania predictions:

The Rock (c) vs. John Cena
CM Punk vs. The Undertaker
Sheamus (c) vs. Randy Orton (RR winner)
HHH vs. Brock Lesnar
Big Show vs. Ryback
The Shield vs. Hell No (c)

No clue what they do with all of the midcarders in that case, especially Ziggler.

Old 01-05-2013, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd give anything to see punk vs taker but not if it means another rock vs cena match
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:06 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

CM Punk’s “Best in the World” DVD can now be streamed on Netflix.

Old 01-05-2013, 11:05 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
I'd give anything to see punk vs taker but not if it means another rock vs cena match
You have to think of who they are going to put the belt on after Wrestlemania when everyone leaves. It's not going to be Punk considering how long he's had it. By the rules of Vince McMahon that literally only leaves one other person.

Old 01-05-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Early 'Mania Card

The Rock (c) vs. John Cena

CM Punk vs. The Undertaker

Brock Lesnar vs. HHH (No DQ)

Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Sheamus vs. Randy Orton

8 Team Tag Team Turmoil (Hell No, Rhodes Scholars, New Age Outlaws, PTP, Usos, Primo & Epico, Gabriel & Kidd, 3MB)

Ryback vs. The Big Show

Still have to use The Shield, Cesaro, ADR, Miz, Kofi and Wade as well..
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:09 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

How... Well... Alright. If I had to save the world from the dreaded Rock - Cena II this is the only way I can think to do it.

Punk drops the belt to Ryback this week on Raw in that TLC match. The Rock and his goons (The Shield if you want to get basic, but I personally would roll out 3 of the most Hollywood looking dudes in your development system, like Brad Maddox types, just to get an eventual 3 on 3 at Mania, but that's neither here nor there) are mad at Punk after Punk comes out during the Rock's catchphrase-ridden hour long promo. Maybe turn Heyman, I don't know. If you want to do that, it should come later. These guys cost Punk the title while he doesn't catch a pinfall, stays strong, and is forced to use his rematch clause in a triple threat at the Rumble.

Royal Rumble: Triple threat = A way to make money and not give out your money match yet. The Rumble is the main event and the draw, don't mess up and roll out Punk - Rock on this one. Wait. Put Ryback in the match and have Rock's goons come out around 18 minutes in, screw Punk who lays out Ryback, and Rock wins. Heyman turns. Punk enters the rumble at 30 (or 1, if you want him to turn immediately. Have him beg whatever heel is in charge to get into the Rumble and they force him to run the table to win it) and he wins. Boom. You have Punk in the main event.

EC: Rock wins at the Chamber (in the Chamber? That's a touchy subject I'm guessing. Especially since we all know he's going to win at this point to face Punk.) in a solo match against The Ryback, stares down Punk to end show.

Mania: Punk vs. Rock happens. Not Rock vs. Cena II.

The rationale behind it not being the Shield that helps The Ryback and sides with the Rock is it really being a dead-end booking for whoever helps, as the Rock isn't going to use them for anything but his dirty work, and he's as close to a solo act as you'll get.

Obviously this isn't perfect, it turns the company's top heel back to their top face (kind of, sort of) and it kind of leaves the Ryback in a position where he has to grow as a character, as his steak would be over (losing to the Rock straight up at EC) but honestly, his shelf life is not very long to begin with. At the end of the day, it prevents us from another damn "Rock-Cena" match that wasn't that good the first time and did nothing for anyone past Mania. Punk being in a program with the Rock puts him at a high level.

Quote:

Old 01-05-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with seeing Rock/Punk II at 'Mania but I'm also a big fan of Punk/Taker as well because, though they've feuded before, Punk wasn't nearly on the level then as to where he is now. Throw that in with the fact that Vince is going to see the money Rock/Cena made him last year and now you can potentially have that again and have it be a title match? He's likely salivating because he knows, no matter how many of us say we don't want to see that match again, we'll buy and maybe more now than the first match because the title is on the line.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:15 PM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

My one wish for Mania though is hoping that they don't drop the ball with Ziggler. He's one of 3 best workers in the company right now and deserves to be treated and booked as so. He needs to go into MetLife as the World Heavyweight Champion.
Old 01-05-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
CM Punk’s “Best in the World” DVD can now be streamed on Netflix.

indeed.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DI View Post
I agree with seeing Rock/Punk II at 'Mania but I'm also a big fan of Punk/Taker as well because, though they've feuded before, Punk wasn't nearly on the level then as to where he is now. Throw that in with the fact that Vince is going to see the money Rock/Cena made him last year and now you can potentially have that again and have it be a title match? He's likely salivating because he knows, no matter how many of us say we don't want to see that match again, we'll buy and maybe more now than the first match because the title is on the line.
He was coming off of winning a Summerslam main event and a star making feud.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-05-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
He was coming off of winning a Summerslam main event and a star making feud.
There is no argument to be made that Punk was as over in 2009 as he is now.

Old 01-05-2013, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

You clearly missed Smackdown in 2009.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 01-05-2013, 04:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
You clearly missed Smackdown in 2009.
So did 95% country, which is the point. Being really over with the internet community is not the same thing as being a legitimate star. Seriously, this isn't even an argument.

Punk in 2009:

-Started the year winning the Intercontinental Championship against William Regal
-Held the title for 5 weeks before losing it to JBL
-Won the Money in the Bank for the second time
-Was moved to Smackdown (frankly, we could stop the discussion here)
-Cashed it in to beat Jeff Hardy for the World Championship (the #2 title in WWE), started a mini-feud that lasted a three months where the two would trade the title back and forth
-Started a mini-feud with the Undertaker where he would lose the title and fail to win it back
-Was on "Team Orton" at Survivor Series (doesn't even get his own team)
-Started the SES and basically disappeared from the Main Event scene
-Lost to Rey Mysterio in a mid-card match at the following Wrestlemania
-Was, at best, the 7th biggest star in the WWE behind John Cena, Batista, Edge, Undertaker, HHH, and Randy Orton

Punk in 2012:
-Entered the year as the WWE Champion (#1 title in the WWE)
-Beat every single person who challenged him and held the title for longer than anyone since Hulk Hogan in the mid 80's
-Headliner of the vast majority of Raw, the flagship show
-At worst, the 2nd biggest star in the company (3rd when The Rock is around)

Not even close.