Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-30-2012, 12:44 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gilbride isn't bad, he just needs to mix things up a little more. I just feel like sometimes our play calling is too predictable

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i mean, our O has talent. an OL or 2 added in the offseason would be cool but we've got the skill position guys. this offseason has to be just completely re-working the D. I wanna keep KP to have him, rolle and prince back there which is nice. front 7 barring JPP needs an overhaul
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i mean, our O has talent. an OL or 2 added in the offseason would be cool but we've got the skill position guys. this offseason has to be just completely re-working the D. I wanna keep KP to have him, rolle and prince back there which is nice. front 7 barring JPP and JWill needs an overhaul
FTFY, but yea I agree and I think most other fans do too. Our offense is fine aside from re-tooling(not rebuilding) on the OL and then a complete overhaul on the D aside from about 5-6 players.

Old 12-30-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ziggy and Khaseem and Short from Purdue. That's what I want. Short's stock is falling.

Sadly, they may not be there for us. Hell, Khaseem and Ziggy may not be there round 1 for us sadly
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

we also need to keep chase blackburn because he's awesome
Quote:
Old 12-30-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Khaseem won't be a first round pick. He'll be a 2nd rounder at earliest.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Khaseem won't be a first round pick. He'll be a 2nd rounder at earliest.
you say that now. He's a 2nd rounder now, just wait til the combine. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go round 1, at all.

Also, JPP rushing on the inside shows how bad tuck is now and it makes me sad
Quote:
Old 12-30-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
you say that now. He's a 2nd rounder now, just wait til the combine. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go round 1, at all.

He won't go round 1 bc the value of a 4-3 WILL typically doesn't warrant a 1st round pick. He's an undersized 4-3 WILL. That eliminates a lot of teams to begin with, plus the fact that it is not a position that you bypass CBs, DL or OL or even WR for, you won't see him go in the 1st.

Early 2nd is his ceiling.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Yeah Tuck is done. There was an article that came out yesterday that even said that Tuck knows he's most likely done as a Giant after this season.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

whatever, let greene fall to us in the 2nd. i can't think of anything more perfect. even forenci can't slander him or that fit
Quote:
Old 12-30-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greene is fine but you mentioning him every single post is going to get annoying super quick.
Old 12-30-2012, 03:36 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:

He is a fringe 1st round talent and there simply isn't a need for him scotty, he is a 2nd rounder. Let us scoop him up round 2 and get the best DE or CB available round 1. BTW, we're gonna dominate that forum-mock

Old 12-30-2012, 03:37 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yeah Tuck is done. There was an article that came out yesterday that even said that Tuck knows he's most likely done as a Giant after this season.
:( If we could get him cheap I would love him to be our rotational DE and leader.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Khaseem Greene in the second, but this is a talented an deep LB class this year, we can probably get a potential starter in the third round.

Lets just see how the draft process unfolds and get the best value guys at our need positions.
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Greene is fine but you mentioning him every single post is going to get annoying super quick.
as if 99.9% of my posts aren't annoying as is? I'm slacking.
Quote:
Old 12-30-2012, 07:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Well, we could have anywhere from the 18th to the 20th pick in the draft. I think at that point in the draft, I don't see an elite DE talent falling to that spot, so I think realistically we're looking at BPA at the following positions:

OG
OT
DT
CB
LB

I think DE will have talent at 20, but I'm not sure if it will be the type of DEs we like. Ansah had NYG written all over him, but he's not gonna last that long, so I wouldn't mind at all if BPA at 20 is a OG or OT.

I don't think we should completely remove OT from the board. As well as Beatty has played, if a franchise LT is available at 20, there's no crime in moving Beatty to RT and drafting someone to play LT.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

so damn sexy

Old 12-30-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hynosaurus ftw!!

Also nice avy I wonder where you got the idea lol.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
Hynosaurus ftw!!

Also nice avy I wonder where you got the idea lol.
the second he did it I asked for a gif of it to make it my avatar, don't start with me lol

Old 12-30-2012, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, we could have anywhere from the 18th to the 20th pick in the draft. I think at that point in the draft, I don't see an elite DE talent falling to that spot, so I think realistically we're looking at BPA at the following positions:

OG
OT
DT
CB
LB

I think DE will have talent at 20, but I'm not sure if it will be the type of DEs we like. Ansah had NYG written all over him, but he's not gonna last that long, so I wouldn't mind at all if BPA at 20 is a OG or OT.

I don't think we should completely remove OT from the board. As well as Beatty has played, if a franchise LT is available at 20, there's no crime in moving Beatty to RT and drafting someone to play LT.
Eh, if JPP fell to us at 15 I wouldn't be surprised to see Ansah fall to 18-20 in a draft much deeper along the DL.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Eh, if JPP fell to us at 15 I wouldn't be surprised to see Ansah fall to 18-20 in a draft much deeper along the DL.
JPP set the trend though. Typically when a clone of a previously drafted player is drafted, he goes higher than that original pick.

Ansah won't last past 15. He'll get compared to JPP all offseason and he'll go in the top 10 bc of JPP's success.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Moore, Werner, Jordan, Ansah, Okafor, Montgomery, Mingo. No way they all go by pick 20, we can easily get a DE worthy of a top 15 pick due to how top heavy this DE class is.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Keep in mind what kind of DEs we like though. We love long limbed athletic DEs with size. Those guys aren't always there at 20.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And non-stop motor guys too. I think that's a given. To me, that's arguably one of the most important aspects to a DE. Look at Tuck when he doesn't try. It just sucks and hurts the team. Guys who are relentless tend to get to the quarterback a ton.

I feel like 80% of the guys who have work ethic or motor issues fail at the position in the NFL. Granted, you also need length, strength, athleticism, etc. too but effort and motor are huge.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
And non-stop motor guys too. I think that's a given. To me, that's arguably one of the most important aspects to a DE. Look at Tuck when he doesn't try. It just sucks and hurts the team. Guys who are relentless tend to get to the quarterback a ton.

I feel like 80% of the guys who have work ethic or motor issues fail at the position in the NFL. Granted, you also need length, strength, athleticism, etc. too but effort and motor are huge.
I feel that production at the college level at DE is extremely overrated. I want an athlete. Athletes make the best pass rushers in the NFL, I can teach technique but you can't teach length, strength and speed. Motor and athleticism. If he has a motor and athleticism he passes the test for me.

Now if he was a 4 year starter who has both qualities but for some reason didn't translate that to sacks, then I'd be concerned. But raw, athletic strong long fast DEs with a great motor, I'll take those guys any day.

Speaking of which, what's up with this Dion Jordan guy? Does he fit the bill? I have a lot of scouting yet to do. I haven't looked at anyone this year.