Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-29-2012, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
You got off of it?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Besides the Hobbit . What other good movies are out right now?
I'm going to break down and go see Jack Reacher. I don't have a problem with Tom Cruise as an actor but I do have a problem with him being cast as Jack Reacher.

The Lee Child series with Reacher as his main character is really great reading,about 15 of them so far. The character in the book is 6-5 and 250 lbs so not feeling it having Tommy boy play the part.

most in here probably have little interest but I've known a couple of these ex-military crazies so I guess I have a vested interest.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jack Reacher was one of the least enjoyable and laughably bad movies I have seen in a long time. Save your money folks.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, i thought it looked bad watching the previews. Tom Cruise is so short, I seriously doubt he could kick anyone's butt in hand to hand combat, let alone as a 45 or 50 year old (or whatever he is) middle aged man....and let alone after that military criminals. You'd have to have Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris skills if you are that small.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
yeah, i thought it looked bad watching the previews. Tom Cruise is so short, I seriously doubt he could kick anyone's butt in hand to hand combat, let alone as a 45 or 50 year old (or whatever he is) middle aged man....and let alone after that military criminals. You'd have to have Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris skills if you are that small.
Thats always a problem with his movies, but this movie was garbage without that. So unbelievably crappy. There are a couple of things they do that are like a joke of a bad student film. Amazing stuff.
Old 12-29-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched Dredd, thinking it would be garbage, but it was at least tolerable. Quite violent, though. In a good way.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I watched Dredd, thinking it would be garbage, but it was at least tolerable. Quite violent, though. In a good way.
Sometimes those movies are just what you need.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Sometimes those movies are just what you need.
Yeah, occasionally a mindless action film with a good cast is enjoyable.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This movie was ridiculously good.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally saw The Hobbit. Not as good as any of the LoTR movies, but entertaining enough. Did a decent job at keeping an epic feeling to the adventure, without being as dark or heavy as LoTR, just like the book. They've added a **** ton, including completely altering some facts(Azog, for instance).

Not sure how I feel about a trilogy. With the current pace, I can see there being too much for just one more movie, but at the same time, I don't see there being enough for a full third movie. Truthfully, they could have easily done the book justice in just two movies if they hadn't decided to add/invent so much. So I think the fate of the remaining movies will remain on just how well crafted Jackson's alterations and inventions are.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, I agree that they will have plenty for part two, but it seems like all they leave for part 3 is the, ahem, battle (that's all i'm gonna spoil). Not too much for a third film. I can see how they were gonna do 2 for sure, but I'm curious to see how they stretch it into 3. In any case, the first 2 hobbit films are gonna be sooo good (the 1st already was). It was very much made in the same spirit/mood as the book - very light hearted and fun, while the LOTR books/movies were definitely much darker and epic.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wait, didn't Dredd get great reviews?
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Wait, didn't Dredd get great reviews?
I think it did pretty well with critics. It didn't do that well at the box office though. I don't think it was most people's "cup of tea". Same with Cloud Atlas.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I think it did pretty well with critics. It didn't do that well at the box office though. I don't think it was most people's "cup of tea". Same with Cloud Atlas.
Dredd was alright but let's not go comparing it to Cloud Atlas in any way.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baines is right, Dredd is much better.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-30-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Dredd was alright but let's not go comparing it to Cloud Atlas in any way.
I don't know how Cloud Atlas did with critics. I'm just saying it didn't fare well at the box office like Dredd.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Baines is right, Dredd is much better.
How do you manage to be so consistently wrong?
Old 12-30-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
How do you manage to be so consistently wrong?

You= Cena
Me=Big E

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 12-30-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Quote:

You= Cena
Me=Big E

But seriously

Old 12-31-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

I don't have a top 10 this year but maybe at some point I will take a shot at making a list. I did have three clear favorites, those being The Master, Django Unchained, and Cloud Atlas.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You= Cena
Me=Big E
Nice tits, Brody.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Django was amazing. Very funny at parts, very entertaining. My top five movies of the year in no order are: Django Unchained, Dark Knight Rises, Cabin in the Woods, The Avengers, The Hobbit. Great year for movies.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Moonrise Kingdom, The Raid: Redemption, Safety Not Guaranteed, Looper are all some honorable mentions I can think of off the top of my head. Still need to see Seven Psychopaths, Silver Linings Playbook and Holy Motors among others.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All of the movies I've seen this year, in rough order. Obviously a lot of titles that I still need to see. A lot of dumb fun at the bottom.

- Django Unchained
- The Cabin in the Woods
- Wreck-It Ralph
- Seven Psychopaths
- The Avengers
- The Dark Knight Rises
- Looper
- Goon
- 21 Jump Street
- Moonrise Kingdom
- The Amazing Spider Man
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower
- The Man with the Iron Fists
- Brave
- Tim and Ericís Billion Dollar Movie
- The Expendables 2
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:20 AM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Veteran

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Life of Pi is still the best film of 2012 in my book. Haven't seen Django yet though.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote