Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 12-29-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 17: Packers @ Vikings

Christian Ponder sucks. Discuss.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 05:40 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not much to discuss. There's no debating the fact that Christian Ponder sucks.

Should be an interesting game as both teams need to win. If we play like we did in the previous game we could easily lose, but I like A-Rod in a dome. I'm guessing we win by about 10. But if Peterson goes Peterson on us, it could be very different.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:24 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We know Rodgers.
We know Peterson.
We know Ponder. But Ponder can be good, you just never know when.

The key, IMO, without question, will be the performance of our pass protection period end of story.

Imagine them pass-protecting like the Broncos do for Manning or the Falcons for Ryan, Patriots for Brady. Rodgers has been sacked twice as much as each of those guys.

If they have a good day today against Jared Allen, Everson Griffen, Bryan Hippie Robison, Kevin Williams, we'll win 45-24 at the closest.
If those guys are turnstyles like we've seen sometimes in the past (at Sea, at KC, at Minny a few years ago), then we will likely lose, which is a big loss.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully we prevent Peterson from getting even 2000 yards and we get a healthy win. The guys an absolute monster but he still plays for the Vikings so it'd be fun to shut him down which is extremely hard to do.

Is there a scenario where the Bears, Vikings and Giants all don't make the playoffs? That would be best case.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:24 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want a win, any score, any manner, and no significant injuries. That's all.

Is that asking for too much?
Old 12-30-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
I just want a win, any score, any manner, and no significant injuries. That's all.

Is that asking for too much?
I don't think that's asking too much.

Old 12-30-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

DAMMIT LETS PLAY A GREAT GAME and throttle these b@st@rds today!
And stay healthy, rest next week, and then be ready to welcome and SMACK the 49ers!
Old 12-30-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Cobb being inactive will make this a closer game obviously...time for Jennings to step up

Old 12-30-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeremy Ross with 3 good returns out of 3.

And this DuJuan Harris kid is awesome.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Time for Cobb off returns

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 12-30-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

good to see Mason make the kick to end the half

Morgan Burnett can't tackle Peterson to save his life

Old 12-30-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Well pretty disappointing loss but whatever. I wasn't entirely sure if I wanted the Packers to have a bye. Usually they come out flat and play like ****. Hopefully we can just win and get revenge. If we lose that will ******* blow.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 12-30-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

the defense really let us down in this game and more specifically the safety play...Morgan Burnett was horrendous trying to tackle Peterson, McMillian had a huge holding call on a third down, and MD Jennings failed to break up the pass to Jenkins

Old 12-30-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
the defense really let us down in this game and more specifically the safety play...Morgan Burnett was horrendous trying to tackle Peterson, McMillian had a huge holding call on a third down, and MD Jennings failed to break up the pass to Jenkins
And Casey Hayward covered nobody in the flat on the final 3rd & 11 and let the WR get behind him by 10 yards, making Ponder look like Peyton Manning.

And Tramon Williams took the ghetto bait on Jerome Simpson when we had them stopped and kicking a FG... which officially resulted in costing us a very big 4 points, in a 3-point game.

Woodson probably thought to himself "I told you"..... He'll be healed this week.

I predicted a loss today, felt it.

But I have to tell you I do not think the Vikings can play any better than today. And they needed every single close call, break, bounce to go their way and they still barely won.

However, our offense isn't usually as pinpoint in January games in Lambeau.

We really miss Desmond Bishop & Nick Collins. Unreplacable guys.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And that's where the return of Woodson would probably help. Much better tackler

I really hope the D got that stink out of their system. That was the worst they have looked pretty much all season. Really discouraging to see them play like that when it looked like they were making gains throughout the season. They didn't do a single thing well today. Piss poor tackling, terrible angles, could never CONTAIN(how many runs did AP go up the middle into a pile, stop, then just get around the edge for another 13-20 yards). For the first time in weeks, their coverage was also very poor. Soft coverage all over the field.

Tramon's performance is what really stood out for me today. **** that guy, seriously. That was one of the most gutless performances I've ever seen. Dude ducked away from trying to tackle AP, and that dumbass penalty on 3rd and goal when he and the receiver weren't anywhere NEAR the play. Funny thing was earlier this week he was qouted on Sam Shields improvement, mentioning how the coaches wanted to see Shields improve his tackling. Maybe Tramon should look in the damn mirror after his pitiful game.

I was starting to feel good about the D but a performance like today just gave me bad flashbacks. Almost like they went back to square one. That was 2011 redux type crap.

Bright side was that in the 2nd half the offense was incredible. Jeremy Ross on returns is electric and looked like he was about to bust one for a TD every time. Even when Cobb returns next week, I'm not sure it would be wise to take Ross off returns. He's bigger than Cobb and harder to bring down and he is very hot right now with back to back weeks having huge returns. Ride the hot hand there. DuJuan Harris also continues to impress me, though I HATE when they do the stupid delayed run plays with him. **** that, you let him get a full head of steam and hand it off to him and let him use his burst, not that delayed crap.

Crosby has hopefully gotten the yips behind him as well. Drilled both FG's with relative ease.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and, Capers and his stupid ass 3 man rushes on 3rd and long need to stop, of course it wont' since we still see it. Drives me nuts every time

Do or die time now. The D better not bring that soft **** to the field again the rest of the year

Pack play the late game on Saturday, btw

Last edited by BloodBrother : 12-30-2012 at 09:19 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Christian Ponder sucks. Discuss.
Amazing, the same thing is also posted often in the Vikes forum too. lol

Well if it means anything, I think you guys are gonna win easily next week.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Temps are supposed to be in the low 20's or teens. AD with his running style vs those cold players. Not exactly the matchup I wanted to see, but that's the position they put themselves in.

At least this time I don't think we'll have to see a Vikes player mock moon the Pack fans after a TD now that Moss is gone
Old 12-30-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That mock moon by Moss was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Joe Buck can eat a dick for how much of a ***** he was calling that sequence.

Will be a good game next week. The Vikings can certainly play better than they did this week. I really do think it can go either way.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Obviously I was pissed when it happened live(moreso because the Pack were losing), but now I can look back and laugh at Bucks' reaction to it. So funny

And, Greg Jennings sister just pulled a Marcus Vick. Another athlete's sibling talking like a complete idiot. Some real gems from her lol

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon...dgers/1799451/

Quote:
"Aaron Rodgers come on u had GJ for the TD twice. Get him the🏈🏈🏈🏈🏈geez!!!!!"

"Why was that ball under thrown like that, he was wide open make the throw for the receiver!!! Geeez!!"

"My God Aaron Rodgers holds the ball forever! GJ was wide open 5x for that touchdown! Goodness he acts like he doesn't want to throw to him😡"

"GJ is the only receiver that has to jump in the air with both hands up to get the 🏈!!! It's ridiculous I pray he departs GB ASAP!"

"Aaron Rodgers smh! Had him in the slot wide open no one even covered him! Where is Peyton Manning when u need him! This is utterly pathetic"

Then she started tweeting at Jennings' wife Nicole.

"@Da_mrs_85 Eb, Cortney, and Jahlin. We are hot Mad! I've never seen a star receiver ever go through this smh! @GregJennings needs to bounce😡"

"It is so obvious that @GregJennings is being blatantly ignored by ARod. Maybe @ halftime GJ should put on #18 then ARod will force 🏈 to him!"

"Who can make a play @GregJennings can! He's the best freakin receiver these clowns got! Now take your talents to south beach & get paid!💰💵"

"@GregJennings ball out so you can leave this team! They will miss u when your gone! It's all good bye packers! Cheap team, can't afford him"

"@Da_mrs_85 I don't freakin care he should have more catches, if this idiot could see the coverage!!😡 Then he holds on to the ball & fumbles!"

"ARod is the most overrated QB in the league! He is no where near Peyton or Brady! It sickens me, Peyton would avg. 5 TD with this squad!!!"
Oomph. Some impressive venting by her though.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Those tweets are not from any real Jennings connection.

I hate the game being next Sat night. That's bullschit.
Play the Texans one at night, indoors, and give our fans a little sun light and warmth.

Seems like we've been battling the NFL and refs all season long... that Seattle robbery game did in the end cost us a bye.

http://packersinsider.com/2012/12/pa...-like-manning/
Old 12-30-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

The Seattle game sucks but that was months ago. They controlled their own destiny in the end today. Win and get a bye, simple as that. They blew it
Old 12-30-2012, 10:59 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
The Seattle game sucks but that was months ago. They controlled their own destiny in the end today. Win and get a bye, simple as that. They blew it
That's true.
But it was still a stolen win, and a W in Sept or Oct counts the same.

Still, we have no business or arguements if we can make Ponder look this great, PLUS STILL ALLOW 200 to the runner, we don't deserve to win....

Just sad that Rodgers was almost flawless and DuJuan Harris was solid at 5.0 per carry.
They figured out fast that he's a lot better than Ryan Grant, who started, slipped, and was done after 2 carries. No Alex Green.

Next week I expect the 2 dreadlock brothers, Harris & Green.

Wow poor Romo and Dallas.... they've lost BOTH Dez Bryant & Miles Austin for the game tonight.... the NFC East title game.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:01 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Sucks to see another rookie go down with a season ending injury. Jerel Worthy didn't really play well this year, but you hate seeing anybody get carted off with a leg injury. It was reported that he has a significant knee injury, which will pretty much mean a torn ACL. Puts his status for next season into doubt, or at least the first part of next season

Beyond that, the team looks to have come out in tact after this one. CLay got shaken up on a play but returned. Cobb declared himself 100% ready to go for next week. I want Woodson back to help with the damn tackling, so hopefully he's cleared to play
Old 12-31-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Sucks to see another rookie go down with a season ending injury. Jerel Worthy didn't really play well this year, but you hate seeing anybody get carted off with a leg injury. It was reported that he has a significant knee injury, which will pretty much mean a torn ACL. Puts his status for next season into doubt, or at least the first part of next season

Beyond that, the team looks to have come out in tact after this one.
Will Blackmon tore his ACL there.
Mark Tauscher tore his ACL there.
Nick Barnett tore his ACL there.

I hate that place like Hell.

We never saw the play though.... because we only rushed 3 and Hayward was the 1 of 8 DBs who let the WR get behind him for that 1st down. I suspect Worthy just planted wrong.

Boykins' injury looked horrible.... I refused to watch the replay but saw the looks on other people's faces when they did show it.

I'm so bummed out on that one because I think Boykin has star quality and have been waiting for him to get a big chance, and he did there and he came thru huge. But while others feet slipped on that turf, apparently his got stuck on that rubberized fake grass m**********r.