Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 12-30-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well bittersweet season ending. Glad we got to talk football for the year again. Let's rinse and repeat.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we all understood that last year's success wasn't realistic to expect this year, especially when we all discussed the imminent roster turnover that was coming this offseason.

It's an exciting time, we're gonna see a lot of change this offseason.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think we all understood that last year's success wasn't realistic to expect this year, especially when we all discussed the imminent roster turnover that was coming this offseason.

It's an exciting time, we're gonna see a lot of change this offseason.
The funny thing is we did the exact same thing as last year to the T. Last year we won the SB, this year no playoffs. Same start, same middle, totally different ending.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-30-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
The funny thing is we did the exact same thing as last year to the T. Last year we won the SB, this year no playoffs. Same start, same middle, totally different ending.
Luck is an unfaithful mistress.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The offense looked good! We added new concepts which I loved. Throwing to the Fb and RB! Wow, talk about doing something different. Wheel to Bradshaw. Throw to Wilson and Hyno! Stupid red zone woes, and last game we decide to bust open new concepts. LOL.

And how about that balls to the wall mentality! No BS bush league running plays or anything like that. For one game we played like the Saints or anything other team does. We pressed the foot down on the pedal and stuck to it!

So we have the potential to do, but I want this trapped in a bottle and used. This was nice! I liked the red zone stuff, and I like that aggressive mentality.

Amazing we do this on the last game and don't make the playoffs. Do this next year! This team should never stall out the way we do. Make Eli the key and watch what happens.

Add new concepts and use it! use Wilson too!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Calm down. The Eagles clearly quit on that game.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:20 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not my issue. That's their issue and will be rectified. All I care is what our fools do. And we did good things for once. The plays called were good How many times do you see the 2nd and 3rd back thrown to like that? It was nice seeing the mix of Bradshaw and Wilson back and forth like that.

The irony is too little too late as the BBI head line. Stupid fools needs to do that throughout the season.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

We scored the 2nd most points in team history this year. Offense wasn't the problem, it was our defense.

We just need 2 OLmen and we'll be fine offensively. Re-sign Cruz and Nicks, and Bennett, draft 2 OLmen and we'll be fine. Change concepts in the playbook to counter the adjustments made to our scheme.

Defensively we need a whole new front 7 outside of JPP and 1 or 2 more CBs.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We are an enigma though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-30-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Big_Pete
Pro Bowler

Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big_Pete is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
JPP set the trend though. Typically when a clone of a previously drafted player is drafted, he goes higher than that original pick.

Ansah won't last past 15. He'll get compared to JPP all offseason and he'll go in the top 10 bc of JPP's success.
The difference is this year is loaded with pass rushers. Also a team picking Ansah will need to give him time to develop which isn't the trend of late. I think Ansah will be there when we pick.

Even if Ansah isn't there, go with the next BPA. We can likely get a good DE in round 2 if we wish, maybe someone like Tank Carradine
Big_Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:30 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
We scored the 2nd most points in team history this year. Offense wasn't the problem, it was our defense.

We just need 2 OLmen and we'll be fine offensively. Re-sign Cruz and Nicks, and Bennett, draft 2 OLmen and we'll be fine. Change concepts in the playbook to counter the adjustments made to our scheme.

Defense is useless. I go into every game with that mentality, so when they do show up it's a nice surprise. Oh, well, nice of you to show up. It's appreciated, and I am happy. But other than that they are useless. PF is useless.

Offense red zone is an issue for us. OL stunk, Nicks is always hurt, and our offensive system was stalled out against good teams. They knew the routes we run, and the Cbs were in our hip pocket.

Maybe the Eagles did quit, but what I talking about was the aggressive nature and play calling. If it failed, fine, but at least we had the balls to run those plays. That element I liked, and we don't do that throughout the season. Shame on us for screwing up our potential.

If Gilbride leaves fine, I don't mind that. I respect him for his services, but a change is needed in system on defense, and perhaps offense. If not, we need to add more concepts or Eli will get killed.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Gilbride will adjust. I'm very confident in that. You can't redo your entire playbook during the season. He was stuck in a bind, what do you want the man to do? The whole playbook is designed off those WR rules. You can't just change that and the muscle memory of these WRs at the drop of a hat, you know that.

He'll rework the playbook this offseason and we'll be fine. I'm not worried about our offense at all. We just need some OLmen which I'm sure we'll look into as well.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD, don't even bother scouting Dion Jordan, he should be long gone. he's a STUD. more of a 3-4 olb i believe though
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I have to look into some more college players. I haven't done too much scouting. I am looking forward to watching some more players.

I've seen a bit of Ansah and really really like him. He just was completely misused at BYU. Played inside a ton. It's actually one thing that would fit well with us. Could easily stick him inside when we go with four DE's on the line.

I know it was an Eagle's team that quit but it's nice to go out on a high note. Randle really excites me. I feel like we really need to find that super reliable WR (ala Steve Smith) though. I feel like Eli really missed that type of player on third down this year.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:04 AM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I agree that our offense certainly was a smaller problem than almost everything else on the team, but let's not pretend like they didn't also wet the bed in some of our losses. The 2nd most points-stat comes from multiple blowout wins. In our seven losses, we scored 17,17,20,13,16,0 and 14 points. Not exactly enough to win a lot of games in the modern day NFL unless you have a DOMINANT defense.

And they really wet the bed the last two weeks of the season, along with the rest of the team of course.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know we don't draft on need. But where is everyone feeling our top needs our? In no particular order for me CB, LB, OL.

And this is assuming Corey Webster is gone. I can't see how we keep him unless he's cut and re-signed on the cheap.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Top needs for me are DL, OL, and CB.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-31-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I've seen some things that suggest Kiwi will finally be a full time DE only next year. That and I have trust (maybe foolishly) in some of the young guys who have never played.

Cutting Webster would save roughly 9 million on the cap. Is that what everyone else has seen?
Old 12-31-2012, 09:12 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Gilbride will adjust. I'm very confident in that. You can't redo your entire playbook during the season. He was stuck in a bind, what do you want the man to do? The whole playbook is designed off those WR rules. You can't just change that and the muscle memory of these WRs at the drop of a hat, you know that.

He'll rework the playbook this offseason and we'll be fine. I'm not worried about our offense at all. We just need some OLmen which I'm sure we'll look into as well.
Historically, I'd agree, I usually have annoyances, but I don't worry about them. This year shattered that. In fact it's the opposite, I worry now about the offense and for the defense I don't. Like I said, I go in to the game knowing their useless. If PF has a great game plan like the 9ers game, it's a happy day.

Well if and when they re-work the playbook then that's good. But, they need to add tendency breakers throughout the season. The plays and concepts can't get old as there is more film available.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Well I've seen some things that suggest Kiwi will finally be a full time DE only next year. That and I have trust (maybe foolishly) in some of the young guys who have never played.

Cutting Webster would save roughly 9 million on the cap. Is that what everyone else has seen?
We still have no DE depth after JPP and Kiwi. Tuck in limited time might be better and we have no idea what Tracy and Ojomo are. Even DT is a need with only Joseph and Canty.

Webster will probably get cut unfortunately. I think he was hurt all year so I'd still like to see him back because I think he still has some good football left in him. He played pretty well yesterday.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-31-2012, 09:21 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

We have a lot of important moves and decisions to make this off season. I like that fork in the road so to speak. We need to make good sound decisions.
Do they post coordinator contracts?

Is Fewell's contract now up? And Gilbride has been here since 2007 as an OC, but do they ever state how long his contract is?
Old 12-31-2012, 09:21 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
We still have no DE depth after JPP and Kiwi. Tuck in limited time might be better and we have no idea what Tracy and Ojomo are. Even DT is a need with only Joseph and Canty.

Webster will probably get cut unfortunately. I think he was hurt all year so I'd still like to see him back because I think he still has some good football left in him. He played pretty well yesterday.
I really wish Ojomo would have gotten into a game or two just to better have an idea of what we really have.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:22 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY+Giants=NYG View Post
We have a lot of important moves and decisions to make this off season. I like that fork in the road so to speak. We need to make good sound decisions.
Do they post coordinator contracts?

Is Fewell's contract now up? And Gilbride has been here since 2007 as an OC, but do they ever state how long his contract is?
I did read somewhere that Fewell's contract is up. Although I don't really know how accurate it was.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:30 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Yeah I saw that on BBI and posted it. Just want to confirm it. Also curious in general, if media post contract lengths for coordinators? I don't ever recall reading how long Gilbride was signed for.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:30 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I really wish Ojomo would have gotten into a game or two just to better have an idea of what we really have.
Yeah I was hoping he was active yesterday and was able to get it. The game still meant something though so they didn't want to go young. If he has another big preseason then we should have somewhat of a better idea.

sig by BoneKrusher