Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's your MVP entering Sunday week 12
P Manning 28 50.00%
A Rodgers 4 7.14%
T Brady 12 21.43%
R Griffin 1 1.79%
D Brees 3 5.36%
M Ryan 2 3.57%
A Peterson 4 7.14%
A Foster 0 0%
M Lynch 1 1.79%
Other: Who? 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AD better win, hands down
Old 12-30-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It has to be Peterson. Should be unanymous.
Although this might be the first Viking game a lot of the country has watched this year, sadly.

Should be
Peterson
Rodgers
Manning
Brady

But it will be:
Peterson
Manning
Rodgers
Brady
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It has to be Peterson. Should be unanymous.
Although this might be the first Viking game a lot of the country has watched this year, sadly.

Should be
Peterson
Rodgers
Manning
Brady

But it will be:
Peterson
Manning
Rodgers
Brady
Old 12-30-2012, 08:24 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Watt should be #5
Old 12-30-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't matter the order, just who wins it.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo

Adrian Peterson: finished season with 1,019 yards AFTER CONTACT this season
The entire Cardinals team barely reached 1,200 total rushing yards.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Over the last 9 games, @AdrianPeterson has more rush yards (1,399) than Christian Ponder has pass yards (1,267).
He took a 3-13 team with a rag-armed QB to a 10-6 record and the playoffs in the toughest division. Vikes also lost really their only legit WR threat in Harvin midseason and is now on IR. Don't see how he doesn't win it.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can I get a final stats total for all the candidates? Peterson probably locked it up today, but in no way will this be unanimous.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Mobile View Post
Can I get a final stats total for all the candidates?

Yes, you can get those things at NFL.com, ESPN.com and other places.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:32 PM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post

Yes, you can get those things at NFL.com, ESPN.com and other places.

1)AP
2)Manning
3)Brady
4)Watt
5)Von Miller
6)Rodgers

I'm just out at dinner right now and can't find stats that are up to date with today's games. I thought a nice arrangement of stats would be nice for a discussion and I can't current provide or format them.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:36 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm rooting for Peyton, but it should be AP.

I mean, Broncos might have won that AWFUL division by 2 games with Tebow.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:49 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
1)AP
2)Manning
3)Brady
4)Watt
5)Von Miller
6)Rodgers

I'm just out at dinner right now and can't find stats that are up to date with today's games. I thought a nice arrangement of stats would be nice for a discussion and I can't current provide or format them.
Don't want to distract you from your dinner but here:
  • RODGERS 108.0/ 39 TD's, 8 Int's, 4,295 Yards
  • MANNING 105.8/ 37 TD's, 11 Int's, 4,659 Yards
  • BRADY 98.7/ 34 TD's, 8 Ints, 4,827 Yards

I find it "interesting" that your instinct is to put Rodgers below both Brady & Manning.
Rodgers has the most TDs of the 3. The fewest Ints of the 3. And the highest passer rating of the 3. If it's all about yards, then give it to Brees or Stafford. It it's all about record, give us the Seattle win, or put Matt Ryan at the top.

Anyway, it better be Adrian Peterson in the real vote.
Any voter who gives it to either of the RBs over Peterson should be stripped of his voting credentials period end of story.
Give it to the next writer.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:50 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Can I get a final stats total for all the candidates? Peterson probably locked it up today, but in no way will this be unanimous.
Quote:
Adrian Peterson:
348 rushes
2,097 rushing yards
6.02 YPC
12 rush TD's
40 receptions
217 receiving yards
1 receiving TD
Quote:
Peyton Manning:
400 completions, 583 attempts
68.6 completion %
4,659 passing yards
37 TD's
11 INT
Quote:
Tom Brady:
401 completions, 637 attempts
63% completion percentage
4,827 passing yards
34 TD's
8 INT
Quote:
Aaron Rodgers:
371 completions, 552 attempts
67.2 completion %
4,295 passing yards
39 TD's
8 INT
Quote:
Brady Quinn:
112 completions, 197 attempts
56.9 completion %
1,141 passing yards
2 TD's
8 INT
I think those are the main MVP candidates

Last edited by BloodBrother : 12-30-2012 at 09:52 PM.
BloodBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Don't want to distract you from your dinner but here:
  • RODGERS 108.0/ 39 TD's, 8 Int's, 4,295 Yards
  • MANNING 105.8/ 37 TD's, 11 Int's, 4,659 Yards
  • BRADY 98.7/ 34 TD's, 8 Ints, 4,827 Yards

I find it "interesting" that your instinct is to put Rodgers below both Brady & Manning.
Rodgers has the most TDs of the 3. The fewest Ints of the 3. And the highest passer rating of the 3. If it's all about yards, then give it to Brees or Stafford. It it's all about record, give us the Seattle win, or put Matt Ryan at the top.

Anyway, it better be Adrian Peterson in the real vote.
Any voter who gives it to either of the RBs over Peterson should be stripped of his voting credentials period end of story.
Give it to the next writer.
Since when did MVP award because the Offensive Player of the Year Award? I value other things than pure stats when considering MVP.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blah Blah Blah Peterson is going to win it. He's a different and more interesting MVP than Manning/Brady/Rodgers. Peterson is not the MVP when measured on pure value, but he has a fair argument as "Most Outstanding".
Old 12-30-2012, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Blah Blah Blah Peterson is going to win it. He's a different and more interesting MVP than Manning/Brady/Rodgers. Peterson is not the MVP when measured on pure value, but he has a fair argument as "Most Outstanding".
Hah. Okay? A running back took one of he worst teams in the NFL and carried them into the playoffs. I don't see how you get more valuable than that. With no offensive weapons outside himself, defenses game planning pretty much entirely for him, and a QB who is incapable of stretching the field, I'm pretty damn sure he's the most valuable player.

Not to mention he did it at absurd YPC and almost broke one of the most coveted records in the NFL whilst carrying his team into the playoffs.

Just because the NFL rules favor quarterbacks and it puts them in control of more situations, it doesn't necessarily mean other players can't be more valuable. And how you come up with "value" is also widely debatable. There are many things which can make a player valuable.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Hah. Okay? A running back took one of he worst teams in the NFL and carried them into the playoffs. I don't see how you get more valuable than that. With no offensive weapons outside himself, defenses game planning pretty much entirely for him, and a QB who is incapable of stretching the field, I'm pretty damn sure he's the most valuable player.

Not to mention he did it at absurd YPC and almost broke one of the most coveted records in the NFL whilst carrying his team into the playoffs.

Just because the NFL rules favor quarterbacks and it puts them in control of more situations, it doesn't necessarily mean other players can't be more valuable. And how you come up with "value" is also widely debatable. There are many things which can make a player valuable.
Value is the player who most (positively) impacts their team's relevance. If your team is irrelevant (see Brees and the Saints, 2008), then you have no hope of getting an MVP.

AP will definitely get votes.

Rodgers and Brady have similar arguments for it, but I think Manning will get it over them.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peterson doesn't have the pure value of the elite QBs. They touch the ball every offensive play and exercise more control. You won't see Peterson changing the call at the LOS anytime soon.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:05 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
Peterson doesn't have the pure value of the elite QBs. They touch the ball every offensive play and exercise more control. You won't see Peterson changing the call at the LOS anytime soon.
But that's like saying a pass rusher shouldn't win DPOY because they aren't in on every tackle, they don't play coverage, and they don't make the defensive calls like the typical MIKE.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some people just want to reduce the award down to best QB.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:08 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
But that's like saying a pass rusher shouldn't win DPOY because they aren't in on every tackle, they don't play coverage, and they don't make the defensive calls like the typical MIKE.
Except on defense, the responsibilities are distributed much more evenly than on offense.

Just ask the Chiefs how important a QB is. Or Vikings fans (when they had Favre...).
Old 12-31-2012, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

See I think that really shows that he should be the winner. The only reason that people can come up with for Peterson to not win is that he isn't a QB. He has been the best and most dominant player in the league this year, he lead his team into the playoffs, and he has incredible stats that no one else at his position touches. Use that last sentence as a description of a QB and everyone would agree that's the MVP.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Some people just want to reduce the award down to best QB.
The reason for that is simple.

A great year by a RB is still 0.5 as many yards as a good year by a QB, half as many touchdowns, and often as many turnovers.

QBs are responsible for controlling the offense. If the box is loaded, the play is audibled to a pass by the QB. Protections are called by the QB. Tempo is controlled by the QB.

I'm not in favor of having an MVP trophy at all - because comparing positions is pointless. Just give out trophies to the best at each position.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:23 AM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My two cents are look at the teams.Denver won a playoff game with Tebow and you give that team a HOF QB they should be Great, Vikings have a bad QB no real threats at Reciever and teams sell out to stop AD and he still breaks big runs.

I look at the word Valuable, take Manning off the Broncos and they still win that division but take Peterson off the Vikings and they might be one of the Worst teams in the NFL. This is just my Opinion.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:41 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
See I think that really shows that he should be the winner. The only reason that people can come up with for Peterson to not win is that he isn't a QB. He has been the best and most dominant player in the league this year, he lead his team into the playoffs, and he has incredible stats that no one else at his position touches. Use that last sentence as a description of a QB and everyone would agree that's the MVP.
JJ Watt's season still puts me in complete awe. That's about as dominating as it gets, but a D player winning MVP just isn't going to happen