Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 12-31-2012, 12:11 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishspinners View Post
Chiefs trade down or take Joeckel.
So they trade down and take a player at their strongest position? Interesting sir.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:14 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
So they trade down and take a player at their strongest position? Interesting sir.
No wait. Trade down OR take Joeckel. Taking a player #1, at their strongest positon, who probaly isn't even worthy of the #1 pick. Interesting to say the least.

I'd like to hear vidae's thoughts on this idea.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:22 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This crop of QBs looks alot like the 2011 draft. The Bengals played there cards right and got AJ Green and were still able to get Dalton in the 2nd. I know this is more of an anomaly but guys like Dysert/Nassib/Jones should be around at the top of round 2. If the Chiefs really fell in love with one of them it could work out (theoretically anyways).
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm guessing that there will be a huge run on QB's early in the draft out of shear necessity.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:26 AM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
No wait. Trade down OR take Joeckel. Taking a player #1, at their strongest positon, who probaly isn't even worthy of the #1 pick. Interesting to say the least.

I'd like to hear vidae's thoughts on this idea.
So Branden Albert is the best player on the Chiefs roster? Albert should be playing guard and Joeckel is a a flat out stud. Chiefs really need a QB but I think 2nd round is where they find one.
fishspinners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:30 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Chiefs trade down or take Joeckel.
Where would Joeckel play?

Quote:
So Branden Albert is the best player on the Chiefs roster? Albert should be playing guard and Joeckel is a a flat out stud. Chiefs really need a QB but I think 2nd round is where they find one.
Really? Albert should be playing Guard? He's a top 10 LT in the NFL. He allowed one sack all year. Yeah, you're right, we should move him to G and replace a 2nd (Jeff Allen) or 3rd (Jon Asamoah) round pick for absolutely zero reason.

Please apply to be the GM of the Chiefs asap. Please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
This crop of QBs looks alot like the 2011 draft. The Bengals played there cards right and got AJ Green and were still able to get Dalton in the 2nd. I know this is more of an anomaly but guys like Dysert/Nassib/Jones should be around at the top of round 2. If the Chiefs really fell in love with one of them it could work out (theoretically anyways).
Okay, so Nassib, Jones and Dysert are worth a high second? Please don't bring that weak nonsense in here. And lets pretend they are (they aren't), who do we take first overall? An OT? Not needed. An OLB? Justin Houston and Tamba Hali. A DT? Another DLine top 5 in the last 6 years? Give me a break.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 12-31-2012 at 12:33 AM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:47 AM    (permalink
DBNYDP
Veteran

DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DBNYDP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a big fan of Tyler Wilson. He doesn't have a cannon but he has an above average NFL arm that can make all the throws a QB is supposed to make. His touch and placement on deep passes could use work but he's pretty accurate. He has good pocket presence with solid footwork even in that offense and I think he has pretty good anticipation of routes. He played against some very good defenses, and showed fortitude time and time again by surviving all those hits he took and still getting back up. On the whole I believe he is overlooked and will surprise a lot of people by becoming a top 10 QB sooner then later.

As others have said other options for the #1 spot really don't make sense. KC has a lot of talent at a lot of position but mediocre QB play in combination with injuries have really hurt this team.
DBNYDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:11 AM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

[quote=vidae;3227666]Where would Joeckel play?

Really? Albert should be playing Guard? He's a top 10 LT in the NFL. He allowed one sack all year. Yeah, you're right, we should move him to G and replace a 2nd (Jeff Allen) or 3rd (Jon Asamoah) round pick for absolutely zero reason.

Please apply to be the GM of the Chiefs asap. Please.

The Chiefs gave up 40 sacks this year. Your right, there o-line is stellar.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:43 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Chiefs gave up 40 sacks this year. Your right, there o-line is stellar.
Albert has been out 4 games. Rodney Hudson has been out 13. We've had mismatched OL rotations in for at least 7-8 weeks. But no, you know the Chiefs better than I do.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:53 AM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Albert has been out 4 games. Rodney Hudson has been out 13. We've had mismatched OL rotations in for at least 7-8 weeks. But no, you know the Chiefs better than I do.
No I'm not a Chiefs expert. If they stay at #1 pick then who do they draft? As of today I don't see any QB going #1 and with best players available in my eyes not in any of the Chiefs major needs, it seemed like Joeckel would fit in the best. Not saying Albert is a bad player but I don't think he is a top 10 LT.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:02 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No I'm not a Chiefs expert. If they stay at #1 pick then who do they draft? As of today I don't see any QB going #1 and with best players available in my eyes not in any of the Chiefs major needs, it seemed like Joeckel would fit in the best. Not saying Albert is a bad player but I don't think he is a top 10 LT.
I wouldn't be confident in naming ten that are better. The top 4-5 LTs are pretty well agreed upon, but after that it gets harder to rank them. I wouldn't have a problem with Albert being included in the 6-10 range. It's not a particularly strong position in the league currently.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:17 AM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
I wouldn't be confident in naming ten that are better. The top 4-5 LTs are pretty well agreed upon, but after that it gets harder to rank them. I wouldn't have a problem with Albert being included in the 6-10 range. It's not a particularly strong position in the league currently.
Here's ten better:Jake Long,Joe Thomas,D'Brickashaw Ferguson,Jordan Gross,Ryan Clady,Michael Roos,Jason Peters,Marcus McNeil,Matt Light, and Joe Staley.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:21 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Here's ten better:Jake Long,Joe Thomas,D'Brickashaw Ferguson,Jordan Gross,Ryan Clady,Michael Roos,Jason Peters,Marcus McNeil,Matt Light, and Joe Staley.
You have lost all credibility with this post as both Marcus McNeill and Matt Light retired before the 2012 season.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:22 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
So retired players are better than Albert? Weird.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:23 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can think whatever you'd like, but that doesn't mean you're right or have any idea about the Chiefs.

E: Oh I saw your post after that. You're just trolling, aw how cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Okay thank you for sharing, but yeah there isn't a AJ Green in this draft. Oh are we pretending Star and Manti are elite still (even though they aren't)? The Bengals situation from two years ago doesn't apply here.

Last edited by TonyGfortheTD : 12-31-2012 at 02:26 AM.
TonyGfortheTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:33 AM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

Quote:
You have lost all credibility with this post as both Marcus McNeill and Matt Light retired before the 2012 season.
LOL ok two more. Donald Penn and Sam Baker
Old 12-31-2012, 02:38 AM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Quote:
Nah dude, just because you list players that play the position doesn't mean that you know what you're talking about. Listing two retired players, plus Jason Peters who didn't play at all in 2012, proves that you don't.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:49 AM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

Quote:
Nah dude, just because you list players that play the position doesn't mean that you know what you're talking about. Listing two retired players, plus Jason Peters who didn't play at all in 2012, proves that you don't.
Right because Peters didn't play in 2012 means Albert is better. I looked at preseason list of LTs to come up with that list. Sorry to include a couple of retirees that were better than Albert.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:38 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Right because Peters didn't play in 2012 means Albert is better. I looked at preseason list of LTs to come up with that list. Sorry to include a couple of retirees that were better than Albert.
It's really ok to admit you were wrong and/or to admit that you haven't watched any LT's closely in 2012. But please don't try to make an argument and accuse people of being wrong because of some list of top LT's you found on google - a list that contains 3 players who didn't even play in 2012 (please, please tell me it wasn't Matt Miller's rankings on bleacherreport). It's really not helping your cause.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:52 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Chiefs should draft based on need not BPA in this situation. They could try to trade down, but I just doubt anybody will bail them out. They should just take a QB. I think Tyler Wilson and Geno Smith are both interesting players for the Chiefs to take stock in.

I do think in regards to sacks, that a good QB makes on Oline look good. Looking quickly over the Colts you might think they are decent at Oline, but the Colts are actually pretty terrible.

I think the play of a QB can elevate WRs, TEs, RBs, OL, and even the Defense. So if I were the GM of he Chiefs I would look closely at all of the QBs available and pull the trigger on one I like.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:16 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Chiefs are going to reach for a quarterback with the 1st pick I really hope it's Tyler Wilson. I think Glennon and Bray both have the best physical tools but their play leaves a little to be desired. Geno...I don't know, Geno just doesn't do it for me. There's something about his game that's off and I can't place it. Dysert absolutely could be a high 2nd round pick in my opinion. Good size, good arm, confidence and poise, I really like his tape.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:46 AM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I'm guessing that there will be a huge run on QB's early in the draft out of shear necessity.
I think so too. Basically every team in the top 10 except for Detroit has QB on their list of needs. Even if they don't have a first round grade on anyone, KC still needs to reach because by the time the 2nd round comes along, there won't be anyone left but guys they have graded as mid rounders, and you can't expect any of them to win the job. I think Glennon, Smith, Wilson, Barkley all go quickly. Murray should declare because he'd go in the first too.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:16 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Donald Penn and Sam Baker? Those were the 2 you came up with? You had Duane Brown, Russell Okung, Trent Williams, and Tyron Smith in your back pocket and you went with Donald Penn and Sam Baker? Also, good one with Matt Light and Marcus McNeil, Dan Dierdorf is totally a better offensive lineman right now than Albert.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:34 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Where would Joeckel play?
Can he play QB?
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
Can he play QB?
He better be able to if we're taking him first overall, otherwise he's a bench warmer with the top pick in the draft.