Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who's your MVP entering Sunday week 12
P Manning 28 50.00%
A Rodgers 4 7.14%
T Brady 12 21.43%
R Griffin 1 1.79%
D Brees 3 5.36%
M Ryan 2 3.57%
A Peterson 4 7.14%
A Foster 0 0%
M Lynch 1 1.79%
Other: Who? 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2012, 04:25 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The same stuff just keeps going round and round in this thread.

Without Peterson being ridiculous the Vikings wouldn't be one of the worst teams in the league. He played simply ok to start the season and the Vikings had a winning record because they had a viable receiving threat in Percy Harvin who was tearing it up which also opened things up for Rudolph. These two players being healthy and open helped Ponder. When Harvin went down AD picked up the slack. I would like to point people's attention to the Percy Harvin thread in this section from around the second week in October when many, including Vikings fans, were saying at that point he (Harvin) should be considered for both offensive player of the year and MVP.

So, if Peterson doesn't go on his run the Vikings probably finish with about 6 wins. Not great but definitely not KC or Jacksonville bad so that argument really holds no water.

Secondly, the argument against Manning saying the Broncos won a playoff game last year so how much value has he added? Well, the Broncos play in an extremely weak division. 2 of the 3 teams they play twice will be picking in the top 3. San Diego are also a flawed team with little talent and terrible coaching. Denver have a solid team and really should walk that division with any QB remotely capable of being a starter. However, the difference between this year's Broncos and last year's is Tebow won on miracle plays and the defense stepped up when it mattered. Peyton has the Broncos winning consistently and easily and they have wound up with a #1 seed. Likely playing a team like the Patriots in the AFCCG at Mile High instead of Gillette is absolutely huge. So, IMO Manning didn't make the Broncos a little bit better, he made them way better.

Thirdly, JMike just stop.

And lastly, this all comes down to perceived value. People are making ridiculous statements about how others want to make this a QB award. Well, then petition the league to change the name because unless there are some huge changes to the game or a player from another position simply tears the whole league apart on a winning team then a QB is going to be the most valuable player, period. Let me clarify, this award is not for the best player, not for the most dominant, not for the guy who is so far ahead of all others at his position, not for the guy with the best story etc this is for the most valuable player in the league this year

However after my rant, I will now state what I said a while earlier. I have no issue with Peterson winning this award this year. The Vikings are in the playoffs because of Peterson. In the second half of the season he had more yards than Ponder. That said it would still be a toss up in my mind with Manning

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote