Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-31-2012, 11:29 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen enough of Romo and Garrett, but I think they're both back next season.

More mediocrity, yay.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Why do we care what Arizona's Oline looks like?
ur argument that he would turn that team around is ridiculous the big reason the reason he threw all those picks is b/c the pressured him and made throw the under duress and he made mistakes. arizonas line had 5 game streak of getting the qb knocked out of the game

Quote:
You stack picks with the trade and use them to build the trenches and draft a safety and for depth.

Ride with Orton for a season, and then draft the QB to build a team around next year. It's a full rebuild, nobody is talking about competing with Orton at the helm. If he wins you a few games cool. If not...nothing expected.
if you want to lose go be a cleveland browns fans, rebuilding now would be an utter waste and dishonor to ware and witten 2 greatest cowboys player of all time
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
ur argument that he would turn that team around is ridiculous the big reason the reason he threw all those picks is b/c the pressured him and made throw the under duress and he made mistakes. arizonas line had 5 game streak of getting the qb knocked out of the game
What don't you get? I don't care about Arizona...Substitute Arizona for NY Jets or any other team that needs a QB. The point is that there are teams that would be willing to give up a pick or two for Romo.

Quote:
if you want to lose go be a cleveland browns fans, rebuilding now would be an utter waste and dishonor to ware and witten 2 greatest cowboys player of all time
I'm a fan of the star, and not the players. There's not much difference between 8-8 and 4-12, IMO. At the end of the day we're watching the playoffs year after year. Romo's getting older, so are Ware and Witten. If they haven't gotten it done by now, I doubt it's going to happen.

Build around Lee, Carter, and Claiborne on Defense, and Demarco, Dez, and Tyron on offense.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going to move on to offseason talk in the other thread aside from this:

HOME (4 playoff teams)

NY Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, St. Louis Rams, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings, Denver Broncos, Oakland Raiders

ROAD (1 playoff team)

NY Giants, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Kansas City Chiefs, San Diego Chargers

I see a schedule that if we fix the remaining talent gaps on the team (Interior OL, RT, and S) and get healthy we'll have no problems being "in the hunt". If we sleepwalk through the offseason again and ignore the offensive line we'll lose the same types of games and we'll be sitting around placing blame.

Fix the line. Get a playmaker safety. Improve from 8-8 to challenging for the NFC. This team showed more character in one season than the entirety of the Marshmellow Era.

Did you catch the statistic during the game last night?

Quote:
Dallas is the second team in NFL history to win 8 games after trailing in EVERY game.
If our offensive line doesn't allow free rushers and we add a playmaker in the back end can you not reasonably see 2+ wins? In any case we lost that game in the exact fashion to be expected. We didn't block well. We adjusted POORLY on offense. No reason we didn't exploit the Skins with slants, screens, and curls. Finally, our defense failed to tackle and play gaps with discipline.

It was the literal summation of the season.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bottom line in everyone's arguments is the fact that this team is mediocre and everyone hates that. I think everyone here would agree that we would rather have 3-4 bad season if that meant shuffling the team and resetting everything.

It has everything and nothing to do with Romo, we won't have 6-10/5-9 seasons as long as he is here and he keeps the team just relevant enough to prevent Jerry from tearing things apart. He gives hope and leads to extending contracts thinking deflating veterans can put it together as a whole.

With or Without Tony Romo this team was not Superbowl worthy. Insert Tom Brady into this mess and maybe they make the playoffs but still not Superbowl worthy. Injuries ravaged the defense and skill players. Not to mention that we played with a bottom tier offensive line and have a staff the refuses to realize 7 step drops don't work behind patchwork.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Bottom line in everyone's arguments is the fact that this team is mediocre and everyone hates that. I think everyone here would agree that we would rather have 3-4 bad season if that meant shuffling the team and resetting everything.

It has everything and nothing to do with Romo, we won't have 6-10/5-9 seasons as long as he is here and he keeps the team just relevant enough to prevent Jerry from tearing things apart. He gives hope and leads to extending contracts thinking deflating veterans can put it together as a whole.

With or Without Tony Romo this team was not Superbowl worthy. Insert Tom Brady into this mess and maybe they make the playoffs but still not Superbowl worthy. Injuries ravaged the defense and skill players. Not to mention that we played with a bottom tier offensive line and have a staff the refuses to realize 7 step drops don't work behind patchwork.

Exactly what I'm saying. Romo's not the problem, but he's also not the answer.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we'd do just fine with the greatest qb of his era, thanks. Haha
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want a smart QB who works hard, knows how to lead and doesn't make a lot of dumb mistakes. I can live with less thrill if it means less frustration.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:27 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I just want a smart QB who works hard, knows how to lead and doesn't make a lot of dumb mistakes. I can live with less thrill if it means less frustration.
Honestly if you don't think Romo works hard I'm not sure how to take you seriously. I'll ignore that part of it to go through the rest of the comment.

"Leadership" is a word the media loves but doesn't care to define. When Romo took Ogletree aside and came down on him for running the wrong route is that leadership or frustration? When it's Peyton it's "taking the WR under his wing" but it's Romo (or a less "popular" QB) it is "taking out his frustrations". Are you simply looking for a "rah-rah" guy who makes you feel better when you watch pre-game? I'm sure Phillip Rivers would be better for that aside from popular consensus is his "leadership" is being a total douche. Take "leadership" with a grain of salt because that's all it is worth. Lead by example.

As far as limiting mistakes you have to ask less of the QB. We all know Romo by know. Protect him and his QBR will be 100+ and he'll put up 30+ TDs with less than 10 INTs. Don't protect him and he will improvise for better or worse. Free rushers are what kill Tony and make him "Tony Turnover". I agree that his abhorrent behavior towards sacks leads to a number of negative plays. The last INT was the embodiment of that "sickness". This leads back to two things. A) Fix the offensive line. B) Cater your scheme to better draw from the strengths of your plays.

Keep in mind though that if you are asking to "tie Romo's hands" you will be giving up 60+ sacks a season behind that line. I definitely agree that we need to put a lid on the needless turnovers (the last INT) but we differ as far as fixing the problem.
Old 12-31-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know JG is going to stay, but a guy I think would be a good fit here is Lovie Smith.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013

No FA OL....WE DID THAT LAST YEAR. We need to draft one in round 1.

Garrett needs to give up play calling. I really think he us overwhelmed at this. He is a good coach, but he needs help.

JJ needs to make a few changes ........now!
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In all seriousness, did that loss last night alter your draft plans to include possible drafting a QB in the 1st or 2nd round?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
dsc1600
Veteran

dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dsc1600 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
In all seriousness, did that loss last night alter your draft plans to include possible drafting a QB in the 1st or 2nd round?
I don't think rd 1, but definitely day 2 pick if someone drops. I think youbhave to think about it.
dsc1600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not saying we should run Ryan off, but I think if you have a realistic chance to bring Lovie Smith in as DC, how could you not do that?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
Honestly if you don't think Romo works hard I'm not sure how to take you seriously. I'll ignore that part of it to go through the rest of the comment.

"Leadership" is a word the media loves but doesn't care to define. When Romo took Ogletree aside and came down on him for running the wrong route is that leadership or frustration? When it's Peyton it's "taking the WR under his wing" but it's Romo (or a less "popular" QB) it is "taking out his frustrations". Are you simply looking for a "rah-rah" guy who makes you feel better when you watch pre-game? I'm sure Phillip Rivers would be better for that aside from popular consensus is his "leadership" is being a total douche. Take "leadership" with a grain of salt because that's all it is worth. Lead by example.

As far as limiting mistakes you have to ask less of the QB. We all know Romo by know. Protect him and his QBR will be 100+ and he'll put up 30+ TDs with less than 10 INTs. Don't protect him and he will improvise for better or worse. Free rushers are what kill Tony and make him "Tony Turnover". I agree that his abhorrent behavior towards sacks leads to a number of negative plays. The last INT was the embodiment of that "sickness". This leads back to two things. A) Fix the offensive line. B) Cater your scheme to better draw from the strengths of your plays.

Keep in mind though that if you are asking to "tie Romo's hands" you will be giving up 60+ sacks a season behind that line. I definitely agree that we need to put a lid on the needless turnovers (the last INT) but we differ as far as fixing the problem.
You dissected the comment the wrong way. I want a QB who has all of those traits. Romo has some of that, but not all of that.

He has work ethic, but I see some limitations there. ie. The only receiver that I've ever felt he's gotten a special relationship with is Witten. There hasn't been a WR here that he's ever done the same thing with. Building that relationship takes work. Communication and timing is so important. Why is it that throughout this season our WRs were often blamed for running the wrong routes? Practice, repetition and togetherness with your QB fixes that. It's just another sign that those things weren't there. The work wasn't put in. Some work was of course... just not enough to iron them out. Falls in line with his leadership. Leadership is not blaming your WR after you throw a pick. This team has always lacked leadership under Romo. I'm glad Hatcher came out before the season and said the obvious about this team's lack of leadership. It's the white elephant in the room. When everyone else is to blame and I hear the excuse "if only Romo had this or that..." it defines his lack of leadership. Let him take the blame! He's supposed to be the #1 leader on this team.

I basically hear "fix everything else and Romo will be a great QB". Well, if that was the case, there are a lot of QBs who would excel with everything else fixed. So what makes Romo so special? We know by now that he's not a guy who can take a bad team and make them good, that's for sure.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You dissected the comment the wrong way. I want a QB who has all of those traits. Romo has some of that, but not all of that.

He has work ethic, but I see some limitations there. ie. The only receiver that I've ever felt he's gotten a special relationship with is Witten. There hasn't been a WR here that he's ever done the same thing with. Building that relationship takes work. Communication and timing is so important. Why is it that throughout this season our WRs were often blamed for running the wrong routes? Practice, repetition and togetherness with your QB fixes that. It's just another sign that those things weren't there. The work wasn't put in. Some work was of course... just not enough to iron them out. Falls in line with his leadership. Leadership is not blaming your WR after you throw a pick. This team has always lacked leadership under Romo. I'm glad Hatcher came out before the season and said the obvious about this team's lack of leadership. It's the white elephant in the room. When everyone else is to blame and I hear the excuse "if only Romo had this or that..." it defines his lack of leadership. Let him take the blame! He's supposed to be the #1 leader on this team.

I basically hear "fix everything else and Romo will be a great QB". Well, if that was the case, there are a lot of QBs who would excel with everything else fixed. So what makes Romo so special? We know by now that he's not a guy who can take a bad team and make them good, that's for sure.
I'd say Dez and Romo through the last seven games has been a great example of a QB-WR connection. Did you notice on broken plays (i.e. most of them thanks to our line) Dez consistently breaks with Romo? That example doesn't fit what you are trying to say though so I can see why you ignored it.

How many QBs can you name that are perfect? Team "leader", limited to zero mistakes, and have an amazing work ethic the media sees? Keep in mind you also said "fix everything..." so how many Quarterbacks win the the NFL with no help? Zero. How many are successful with below average units? Not many. We all want the perfect QB problem is they don't come into the draft every year. Hell I'd say as football fans we are lucky to have four currently gracing our presence. Peyton Manning. Tom Brady. Aaron Rodgers. Drew Brees.

So you are mad at Romo for not being a top 4 signal caller? You realize how ridiculous that is? And no offense but you are blinded by your hatred if you don't see that Romo has carried some VERY bad Dallas teams to respectable records.

If you are more than willing to pile on Romo after a bad game Bob, I mean D, you should also eat crow after good weeks right?

Quote:
No set of numbers besides the score in the showdown for the NFC East championship against the Washington Redskins is going to change anyone's mind.

Not even that Romo has thrown 29 touchdowns to four interceptions since 2009 in the month of December. Or 18 to one in the past two Decembers. Or 10 to one this December.
Yep. Prior to the 'Skins game he was 10 to 1 TD:INT. 15:2 over a 7 game span.

Romo has turned his and the team's season around. He had thrown nine touchdowns to 13 interceptions in the first seven games. In the last eight, the ratio is 17-to-3.

No matter he's completing 66% of his passes. 4th in the league
No matter he has almost 5,000 yards. 3rd in the league

Despite being sacked 6th most in the league despite being consistently merited as one of the best at avoiding pressure. Do you ignore the fact our offensive line play is absolutely putrid in order to keep your hatred of Romo going?

Keep in mind Dallas is the 31st best (2nd worst) running team in the league. 30th in YPC as well. Is the lack of an effective running game on Romo? Murray? Or perhaps it's the exact problem we had all year... the offensive line.

I grant he isn't going to carry Dallas by himself. He isn't a top 4 passer and he isn't going to break into that tier. HOWEVER given that we have a top 10 passer why would you want to repeatedly keep rolling the dice at QB hoping for a lottery ticket when simply protecting your investment would garner the same result?

Jerry Jone's syndrome here. As much as the board loves to hate him and his lust for shiny toys a lot of you embody it genuinely. Fix the line and it fixes most of the issue on the offensive side of the ball.

Last edited by Trogdor : 12-31-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
I'd say Dez and Romo through the last seven games has been a great example of a QB-WR connection. Did you notice on broken plays (i.e. most of them thanks to our line) Dez consistently breaks with Romo? That example doesn't fit what you are trying to say though so I can see why you ignored it.

How many QBs can you name that are perfect? Team "leader", limited to zero mistakes, and have an amazing work ethic the media sees? Keep in mind you also said "fix everything..." so how many Quarterbacks win the the NFL with no help? Zero. How many are successful with below average units? Not many. We all want the perfect QB problem is they don't come into the draft every year. Hell I'd say as football fans we are lucky to have four currently gracing our presence. Peyton Manning. Tom Brady. Aaron Rodgers. Drew Brees.

So you are mad at Romo for not being a top 4 signal caller? You realize how ridiculous that is? And no offense but you are blinded by your hatred if you don't see that Romo has carried some VERY bad Dallas teams to respectable records.

If you are more than willing to pile on Romo after a bad game Bob, I mean D, you should also eat crow after good weeks right?

Yep. Prior to the 'Skins game he was 10 to 1 TD:INT. 15:2 over a 7 game span.

Romo has turned his and the team's season around. He had thrown nine touchdowns to 13 interceptions in the first seven games. In the last eight, the ratio is 17-to-3.

No matter he's completing 66% of his passes. 4th in the league
No matter he has almost 5,000 yards. 3rd in the league

Despite being sacked 6th most in the league despite being consistently merited as one of the best at avoiding pressure. Do you ignore the fact our offensive line play is absolutely putrid in order to keep your hatred of Romo going?

Keep in mind Dallas is the 31st best (2nd worst) running team in the league. 30th in YPC as well. Is the lack of an effective running game on Romo? Murray? Or perhaps it's the exact problem we had all year... the offensive line.

I grant he isn't going to carry Dallas by himself. He isn't a top 4 passer and he isn't going to break into that tier. HOWEVER given that we have a top 10 passer why would you want to repeatedly keep rolling the dice at QB hoping for a lottery ticket when simply protecting your investment would garner the same result?

Jerry Jone's syndrome here. As much as the board loves to hate him and his lust for shiny toys a lot of you embody it genuinely. Fix the line and it fixes most of the issue on the offensive side of the ball.
Romo's relationship with Dez is much improved. That's good. This actually might be the first case, so I'm holding out hope. Still too many spells where Dez isn't targeted enough or too late, but Tony's learning. I can see that. It's not where it needs to be, but we're well on our way there. Next year will be his 4th year, so hopefully they've got it down by then. It's taken longer than I had hoped, but I can't blame Tony for that since Dez has had his own issues as well.

I actually don't think I've piled on Romo as you say. Fact is, you can't take any criticism of him. You refuse to acknowledge he has any flaws. Every excuse is that it's someone else's fault or that Tony is better than every QB outside of Brady, Manning, Brees and Rogers. To me, THAT is ridiculous. Which teams would give up on their QB to trade for Romo? A handful or less? I can't even say the Chiefs or Jags cause I think they'll be drafting one this year. So who would want Romo?

Romo just has too many highs and lows to his game. He's fool's gold. He'll look like a stud for a string of games and then find a way to collapse. He always does that. His league leading 19 interceptions in the 7th year in the same offense is unnacceptable. He's a 10 year vet. You can't even ask yourself, "When will this end?" It won't. It's just who he is... and I think if we had a QB who took better better control of the ball and made better decisions, but was more vanilla that it would be better for us. I'm not even hating on him. I just don't believe in him.

If you pass a lot, you will have nice passing yardage stats.

What do you think of Gil Brandt saying the Cowboys and Romo need to part ways?
Old 12-31-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think regardless if you love Romo or hate Romo, hes here to stay. Just like Jerry, love him or hate him hes not going anywhere. So if that is the case, what do we need to do to get past the mediocrity? IMO #! is improve the line. #2 hire a OC and let Garrett be the HC ONLY. #3 Get the BIG NT we have been asking for for years, along with a safety. If we did/do that I think we are SERIOUS contenders. If not, then we stey mediocre.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:08 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you think of Gil Brandt saying the Cowboys and Romo need to part ways?[/quote]

For who? If you get rid of Romo you better get somebody better

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 12-31-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I think regardless if you love Romo or hate Romo, hes here to stay. Just like Jerry, love him or hate him hes not going anywhere. So if that is the case, what do we need to do to get past the mediocrity? IMO #! is improve the line. #2 hire a OC and let Garrett be the HC ONLY. #3 Get the BIG NT we have been asking for for years, along with a safety. If we did/do that I think we are SERIOUS contenders. If not, then we stey mediocre.
I agree with that. I definitely don't think he is our biggest problem. Just one tough pill to swallow last night. The good thing about him is that if we fix up everything else then there is hope. Can't say that about Doug Free. Lol

I still think there is plenty of reason for optimism for 2013. We got close and that sucks, but being close is good.

Last edited by D-Unit : 12-31-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
AcheTen (Thumper)
Veteran

AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper) AcheTen (Thumper)

What do you guys think of Andy Reid as head coach candidate for the Cowboys (if Jerry was to fire Garrett)?
AcheTen (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
We have the same train of thought only thing I would add if possible is someone that has elite athleticism on offense. I think having someone who scares people in space is one element that can take this offense to another level and limit what coverages teams use against us.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
What do you guys think of Andy Reid as head coach candidate for the Cowboys (if Jerry was to fire Garrett)?
Garrett is not going anywhere and I don't think he should either.

I just want a new OC.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:18 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Per ESPN

IRVING, Texas – The Cowboys have signed 10 players to futures contracts, including former second-round pick Brian Price, who was out of football this year.

Price, a defensive tackle, was the 35th overall pick by Tampa Bay in 2010 but his career has been stalled by injury and misfortune. He needed radical pelvis surgeries after his rookie year to keep his hamstrings attached to his pelvis. His sister died last spring in a car accident, and he also reportedly had an incident with Mark Barron in a meeting room.

He started 14 games in 2011 and had three sacks. He was traded to Chicago last summer but was among the Bears’ final cuts and did not sign with another team during the year.

Price is an intriguing signing because he is still young and the Cowboys have defensive line issues coming forward with Jay Ratliff’s health and Josh Brent’s intoxication manslaughter charge.

The Cowboys also signed practice squad players cornerback Vince Agnew, wide receiver Tim Benford, defensive end Ike Igbinosun, cornerback Micah Pellerin, linebacker Brashton Satele, tight end Andre Smith and linebacker Monte Taylor to future deals. Wide receiver Danny Coale, a fifth-round pick this year, was also re-signed. He is coming back from a torn anterior cruciate ligament.

The Cowboys also signed quarterback Nick Stephens, a Flower Mound native. He started his career at Tennessee before transferring to Tarleton State.

The only practice squad not to re-sign yet is wide receiver Andre Holmes

Old 12-31-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Garretts Demise?

Jason Garrett has no plans to give up play calling, nixes talk of adding Norv Turner as OC

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett was admittedly spread thin this season as head coach and offensive coordinator because the so many adversities his team had to face _ from the litany of injuries on defense to the tragic death of practice-squad linebacker Jerry Brown.

But he doesn’t think the jobs were too much for him _ certainly not enough to give up his role as offensive coordinator and possibly hire fired Chargers coach Norv Turner to call plays.

“I would certainly anticipate the status quo from that standpoint,” Garrett said.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com...#storylink=cpy