Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 12-31-2012, 05:52 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Top 20 Picks 1.0

Top 20 Picks 1.0

Comments and constructive criticism welcome, thank you

1. Kansas City Chiefs (2-14) .494
- Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah
This was very difficult for me to decide on. Ultimately I decided that I did not think Geno Smith was worthy of a number one overall draft pick. I picked Lotulelei because I think he could thrive as an end in a 3-4 system, and if Romeo Crennel is fired and a 4-3 defense is installed he would be an amazing DT in a 4-3, especially at stuffing the run. Some will say but they already have Glenn Dorsey, Tyson Jackson, and Dontari Poe, why take another defensive lineman? Well Dorsey's tenure in KC is all but over as he is a free agent. Jackson is due 14.72 million dollars and unless he takes a pay cut I could see him getting cut as well. The other players at defensive end, the position where I think Lotulelei fits on the line, are not longterm pieces to Kansas City's future or have not proved themselves.

2. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-14) .542
-Jarvis Jones, LB, Georgia
I originally had Damontre Moore here, however after looking at the outside linebackers that the Jaguars had I realized that Jones fits a bigger need. Mincey, Babin and Branch is not awful for a group of defensive ends. The outside linebackers on the other hand is different. Jones would be able to step right in, start and make an immediate impact.

3. Oakland Raiders (4-12) .470
-Damontre Moore, DE, Texas A&M
Hopefully adding Moore will help an awful pass rush. The only team to get less sacks than the Raiders was the Jaguars. Andre Carter is a free agent and Lamarr Houston will be entering the final year of his contract in 2013.

4. Philadelphia Eagles (4-12) .510
-Luke Joeckel, T, Texas A&M
This was an easy pick. If the Eagles want to protect the future of their franchise, Nick Foles, they need to invest in young pass blockers like Joeckel.

5. Detroit Lions (4-12) .569
-Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State
I struggled with this pick. The first thing you think of when you think of when you hear Lion’s Defense is their awful secondary. I contemplated Dee Milliner here, however I feel that Werner is a real value at five. Kyle Vanden Bosch is getting older and is entering the final year of his contract and Cliff Avril will be a free agent and was not able workout a longterm deal with the Lions in the offseason. An improved pass rush should help the Lions secondary. In addition two players who the Lions drafted last year to help out in the secondary are on the IR, Bill Bentley and Chis Greenwood. I’m not saying they will be stars but they should help out when healthy.

6. Cleveland Browns (5-11) .508
-Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
Another pick I struggled with. I thought about having Warmack go here to help out with the Browns underperforming run game, specifically with their guards. Ultimately though I chose Milliner because the players playing opposite Joe Haden are either aging veterans who are not getting younger or are just awful. An upgrade was needed to help their awful secondary.

7. Arizona Cardinals (5-11) .548
-Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
Their offensive line problem is probably worse than their quarterback situation and it’s frustrating because I do not feel you can properly evaluate the quarterbacks because of the offensive line’s play this year. It was honestly one of the worst offensive lines of all time. Despite all that I had Smith go here because he represents a better option for the future than any of the other current quarterbacks on the roster.

8. Buffalo Bills (6-10) .482
-Manti Teo, MLB, Notre Dame
Kelvin Sheppard may not be a starter and Manti Te’o represents an upgrade on the side of the ball which they struggled mightly with, defense. Te’o could come in and takeover the defense and take ownership of it like he has done at Notre Dame. His ability to quarterback the defense would help shore up the poor run defense that ranked last in the league in 2012.

9. New York Jets (6-10) .510 (4-8 conference)
-Barkevious Mingo, DE, LSU
It seemed the Jets lost the ability to pressure the QB this year and coupled with Coples Mingo could give the Jets another young outside linebacker to provide pressure for years to come.

10. Tennessee Titans (6-10) .510 (5-7 conference)
-Chance Warmack, G, Alabama
-Hutchinson who was signed to help create holes for Chris Johnson to run through showed his age this year and ended up on the IR. Warmack is arguably a top five player in this draft, scouts and analysts alike are raving about how he is the best guard they have ever scouted. Warmack is the type of young guard you want to have to make the 55 million dollar contract you gave Chris Johnson look good. It’s a scary thought for a defender imagining Warmack pulling from the guard position and having Chris Johnson running behind him.

11. San Diego Chargers (7-9) .472
-Taylor Lewan, T, Michigan
San Diego might have the biggest argument for having an offensive line as bad as Arizona’s. It always seemed like Philip Rivers was on his back this year and the stats prove that, the Chargers offensive line gave up 47 sacks last year. Lewan is an excellent pass blocker who should be able to come in and play right tackle right away and eventually left tackle.

12. Miami Dolphins (7-9) .483
-Dion Jordan, DE, Oregon
My pick here is contingent on Jake Long resigning with the Dolphins or having the franchise tag slapped on him. If Long comes back than the defensive line needs to be addressed. Randy Starks and Tony McDaniel are both free agents and I would be surprised to see Jeff Ireland resign either one of them. He gave Paul Soliai a big pay day last year. It’s not secret he wants to get younger and build through the draft. With both Starks and McDaniel gone Jared Odrick can slide over to play defensive tackle in the Dolphins 4-3, the same position he played in college. I don’t think the Dolphins played him at defensive tackle these last few games for nothing, and he said it’s a position he would be comfortable going back to. Adding Jordan would give the Dolphins a solid group of defensive ends composed of Cameron Wake, Olivier Vernon, and Jordan.

13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (7-9) .502
-Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
Their run defense was best in the league however the pass defense was a different story. Similar to the Lions I feel that this is a situation that can be fixed by adding a pass rusher like Montgomery to the line. They were thin at defensive end at the end of this year and adding Adrian Clayborn back from injury will help, but Montgomery will provide a pass rusher opposite Clayborn to pressure the quarterback. Clayborn, Montgomery, and Bowers would be a nice group of defensive ends to have for the future.

14. Carolina Panthers (7-9) .514
-Jonathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
The Panthers run defense struggled at times this year and Hankins is a really good value for where they are picking. With Dwan Edwards a free agent Hankins can come in and play next to Sione Fua and help with run defense.

15. New Orleans Saints (7-9) .522
-Sylvester Williams, DT, UNC
Sedrick Ellis is a free agent and the Saints are another team whose defense struggled at times stopping the run. Advanced metrics over at Football Outsiders prove this. Williams can replace Ellis and hopefully be more productive in stopping the run and pressuring the opposing quarterback.

16. St. Louis Rams (7-7-1) .526
-Eric Fisher, T, Central Michigan
I struggled with this pick and who to have go here. I thought about putting Justin Hunter of Tennessee here but what it came down to is this. They will have a wide variety of wide receivers to pick from with their next pick. If Hunter is gone then Cordarrelle Patterson or Keenan Allen will probably be available. However, Eric Fisher may not be there. The number of wide receivers that will be first round talent will be better than the number of tackles that will be first round talent when they pick next. Fisher can either play right tackle right away or could be used as insurance policy if Rodger Saffold continues to have injury issues. Also with a team like Pittsburgh picking next I wouldn’t want to risk seeing a guy I value so much like Fisher be taken right after I pass on him.

17. Pittsburgh Steelers (8-8) .464
-Jonathan Jenkins, DT, Georgia
They selected Alameda Ta’Ama last year hoping they could be patient and groom him to eventually take over Casey Hampton’s nose tackle position on the defense. However, Pittsburgh’s defense took a step back this year and for the first time in awhile they need to draft for immediate need. Jenkins can come in and provide youth at nose tackle. His build his perfectly suited for the nose tackle’s role in the 3-4. His presence on the defensive line would be a welcome addition.

18. Dallas Cowboys (8-8) .523
-Jonathan Cooper, G, UNC
Wouldn’t be surprised to see Jerry Jones go for a RB like Gio Bernard here but I have them taking Cooper to upgrade their interior offensive line play. They have both Nate Livings and and Mackenzy Bernadeau locked up with long term deals, but Cooper will provide depth and in the event one of them is cut or traded he will be the starter.

19. New York Giants (9-7) .521
-Ezekiel Ansah, DE, BYU
Osi’s career as a Giant could be over so another beast pass rusher is in order. Ansah and Pierre Paul playing opposite each other would be scary if Anash reaches his potential at the next level.

20. Chicago Bears (10-6) .512
-Jake Matthews, T, Texas A&M
J’Marcus Webb just might not be the answer at left tackle and once again the Bears have to go up to bat looking for a tackle. Webb is entering the final year of his contract and Matthews could be an understudy this year with an eye to takeover in 2014.

Last edited by Jcn92 : 12-31-2012 at 11:56 AM. Reason: Added on to reason for Lotulelei pick
Jcn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:58 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Kansas City Chiefs (2-14) .494
This was very difficult for me to decide on. Ultimately I decided that I did not think Geno Smith was worthy of a number one overall draft pick. I picked Lotulelei because I think he could thrive as an end in a 3-4 system, and if Romeo Crennel is fired and a 4-3 defense is installed he would be an amazing DT in a 4-3, especially at stuffing the run.

no
Old 12-31-2012, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs taking ANOTHER DT in the 1st round would be blatant trolling.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcn92 View Post
Kansas City Chiefs (2-14) .494
Old 12-31-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
Seasonticketholder
Veteran

Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seasonticketholder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Saints WILL NOT TAKE SYLVESTER WILLIAMS OVER EZEKIEL ANSAH OR SHELDON RICHARDSON!
Seasonticketholder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
The Chiefs taking ANOTHER DT in the 1st round would be blatant trolling.
Funny...AND true.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jcn92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that the Chiefs taking Lotulelei is not as as absurd as you guys make it seem to be. Glenn Dorsey was injured most of this year and will be a free agent. Tyson Jackson is going into the last year of his contract as well and Chief fan's have labeled him a bust in the past. Ropati Pitoitua was inconsistent this year I read, he too will be going into the final year of this contract and I do not see him in the longterm plans of the Chiefs. Shaun Smith was brought in half way through the season and he is now a free agent. A nine year veteran, clearly he is not in the longterm plans of the organization. Some saw his signing as a sign of Glenn Dorsey's tenure in Kansas City coming to an end. Coming into this season this was a make or break season for Dorsey and Jackson and based on performance I would say they did not pass. Jackson got better towards the end of the year but is due 14.72 million dollars next year and unless he takes a pay cut I could see the Chiefs cutting him. Allen Bailey has done little in the two years he's been with KC and ended up on IR this year. With all of this I thought it would make sense for the Chiefs to draft Lotulelei, arguably the best player in this years draft. He will provide them with a young defensive end for the future. It does not appear Dorsey is a part of this franchise's future plans and the same could possibly be said for Tyson Jackson. With that in mind the Chiefs need to move on and rebuild, especially at the defensive end position.

Last edited by Jcn92 : 12-31-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Jcn92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hankins is good, but I just want to point out Dwan Edwards is almost certainly coming back and letting him go in place of Fua would be a horrific decision.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not in love with the player for the Jets but it fills a huge need...I guess its okay? Not dancing up and down I guess. Idk if Mingo really has played himself into the top ten.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another young OLB? You do realize that Coples is an interior nickel rusher and 5-tech right? He'd be the first 290 lb OLB ever :P
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasonticketholder View Post
The Saints WILL NOT TAKE SYLVESTER WILLIAMS OVER EZEKIEL ANSAH OR SHELDON RICHARDSON!
I agree. That board, as you have it, would be pretty close to the Saints worst nightmare.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It makes no sense to me anymore. If a QB can go 7th, he can go 1st, especially when the biggest need on the entire team is QB for the team picking 1st.

The mystique over the 1st overall pick is just ridiculous at this point.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:54 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
Another young OLB? You do realize that Coples is an interior nickel rusher and 5-tech right? He'd be the first 290 lb OLB ever :P
I do not follow the Jets that closley but I always thought that Coples was used as an outside line backer in the 3-4 because I had read some articles over the summer about him taking snaps and practicing with the linebackers so that's why I callled him an OLB. I was unaware he was only used in nickel packages. As for being the first OLB over 290 pounds, I was thinking the Jets could use him in a DE/OLB hybrid position in the 3-4 like the Texans did with Mario Williams last year. How they had him playing up in pass situations and down in running situations. I haven't kept up with his weight and remembered him being just under 290 at the combine.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coples has been used as a DE and DT when we do a 4-3.

Since DeVito is a soon to be FA, I imagine Coples will have more of a role on that D-Line on what to do.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
4. Philadelphia Eagles (4-12) .510
-Luke Joeckel, T, Texas A&M
This was an easy pick. If the Eagles want to protect the future of their franchise, Nick Foles, they need to invest in young pass blockers like Joeckel.
How is this an 'easy pick'? They have a pro bowl LT coming back next year named Jason Peters, so some things would have to happen before the draft for this pick to make any sense at all, particularly Peters getting cut...
Old 12-31-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
I do not follow the Jets that closley but I always thought that Coples was used as an outside line backer in the 3-4 because I had read some articles over the summer about him taking snaps and practicing with the linebackers so that's why I callled him an OLB. I was unaware he was only used in nickel packages. As for being the first OLB over 290 pounds, I was thinking the Jets could use him in a DE/OLB hybrid position in the 3-4 like the Texans did with Mario Williams last year. How they had him playing up in pass situations and down in running situations. I haven't kept up with his weight and remembered him being just under 290 at the combine.
Forgot about Mario Williams, guess Coples wouldve been the 2nd one. Regardless, Mario Williams never fit in that scheme and was let go for that very reason. Coples was drafted to be an interior pass rusher like J.J. Watt plays in Houston.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Quote:
Forgot about Mario Williams, guess Coples wouldve been the 2nd one. Regardless, Mario Williams never fit in that scheme and was let go for that very reason. Coples was drafted to be an interior pass rusher like J.J. Watt plays in Houston.
This is off topic from the thread but I disagree that Mario Williams was not re-signed by the Texans because he did not fit the scheme. The Texans were strapped for cashing going into that off season and chose to resign Chris Myers because he played such a role in Arian Foster's success. Williams was more replaceable because Brooks Reed came up and was able to play superbly in William's place. William's wanted to come back and I don't think he would have wanted to come back if he didn't fit the scheme. In the five games he played he had five sacks and played pretty well.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
This is off topic from the thread but I disagree that Mario Williams was not re-signed by the Texans because he did not fit the scheme. The Texans were strapped for cashing going into that off season and chose to resign Chris Myers because he played such a role in Arian Foster's success. Williams was more replaceable because Brooks Reed came up and was able to play superbly in William's place. William's wanted to come back and I don't think he would have wanted to come back if he didn't fit the scheme. In the five games he played he had five sacks and played pretty well.
I don't think I've ever seen an impending FA say 'i dont want to come back to this team' lol they ALWAYS say 'i want to come back' even if they dont.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Quote:
How is this an 'easy pick'? They have a pro bowl LT coming back next year named Jason Peters, so some things would have to happen before the draft for this pick to make any sense at all, particularly Peters getting cut...
When I came across this pick and compared it to the other picks I had done this one was a lot easier for me to decide on. It's a personal opinion, that's all. Here's why it was easy for me to make up my mind on this pick. I've read that Demetress Bell is going to be cut after the season and even if Peters comes back at full strength they still are going to need a right tackle. And on the current roster they don't have anybody who is worthy of being a starter. The statistics also show that the eagles offensive line was especially bad last year giving up 48 sacks and was one of the five worst in the league. Even with Peters coming back they need some help. They need to invest in protecting Foles if he is to be the next franchise quarterback.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Minijosh
Rookie

Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Minijosh is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why only do 20 picks? If you got tired/bored after 20, why not save it then do the other 12 later?
Minijosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
eliasrapp98
Rookie

eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98 eliasrapp98

JASON PETERS IS STILL ALIVE! We need either Geno Smith, Manti Te'o, or Dee Milliner! Next year's o-line is:

Jason Peters
Evan Mathis
Jason Kelce
Danny Watkins
Todd Herremans
eliasrapp98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Jcn92
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minijosh View Post
Why only do 20 picks? If you got tired/bored after 20, why not save it then do the other 12 later?
I'm only doing the picks that are definite. The other 12 teams are in the playoffs and thus don't have their draft position yet. I only like doing mock drafts in the correct order that the draft will be in.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:33 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think that the Chiefs taking Lotulelei is not as as absurd as you guys make it seem to be. Glenn Dorsey was injured most of this year and will be a free agent. Tyson Jackson is going into the last year of his contract as well and Chief fan's have labeled him a bust in the past. Ropati Pitoitua was inconsistent this year I read, he too will be going into the final year of this contract and I do not see him in the longterm plans of the Chiefs. Shaun Smith was brought in half way through the season and he is now a free agent. A nine year veteran, clearly he is not in the longterm plans of the organization. Some saw his signing as a sign of Glenn Dorsey's tenure in Kansas City coming to an end. Coming into this season this was a make or break season for Dorsey and Jackson and based on performance I would say they did not pass. Jackson got better towards the end of the year but is due 14.72 million dollars next year and unless he takes a pay cut I could see the Chiefs cutting him. Allen Bailey has done little in the two years he's been with KC and ended up on IR this year. With all of this I thought it would make sense for the Chiefs to draft Lotulelei, arguably the best player in this years draft. He will provide them with a young defensive end for the future. It does not appear Dorsey is a part of this franchise's future plans and the same could possibly be said for Tyson Jackson. With that in mind the Chiefs need to move on and rebuild, especially at the defensive end position.
Can Star play QB? If not, no no no.