Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 12-31-2012, 12:07 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyways... we're drafting #13 overall. Not a bad spot.

Our schedule for next year is out as well:

Home- Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, New Orleans Saints, Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, Philadelphia Eagles

Away- Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, New Orleans Saints, St. Louis Rams, Seattle Seahawks, New England Patriots, New York Jets, Detroit Lions
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:14 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishspinners View Post
I am all for taking DBs with there first three picks. Milliner or Vacaro in the first round would be day one starters. Rambo or Banks would be impact starters as well.
Seriously, our defense would look wondrously better with a competent defensive coordinator. Another CB would be great, Eric Wright not being active today cemented the fact that he will be released and signing or drafting another CB is imperative. That being said, a good coordinator will make this defense a lot better than new personnel.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:21 AM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Seriously, our defense would look wondrously better with a competent defensive coordinator. Another CB would be great, Eric Wright not being active today cemented the fact that he will be released and signing or drafting another CB is imperative. That being said, a good coordinator will make this defense a lot better than new personnel.
A new coordinator is a must. Upgrades in the secondary is a an absolute must! I really like there d-line and LB corps but there secondary is awful. I expect them to bring in a starting CB via free agency and draft atleast two more CBs. Ronde played ok at FS but he is on his way out. I really hope they take a FS in the first or second rounds.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:23 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
A new coordinator is a must. Upgrades in the secondary is a an absolute must! I really like there d-line and LB corps but there secondary is awful. I expect them to bring in a starting CB via free agency and draft atleast two more CBs. Ronde played ok at FS but he is on his way out. I really hope they take a FS in the first or second rounds.
I think a pass rusher and DT depth is a must. Maybe another lb that can help out on nickel situations where foster seems to struggle.

I noticed a lot of Tampa 2 yesterday and our dline was after Ryan harrassed him all day
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:44 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
I think a pass rusher and DT depth is a must. Maybe another lb that can help out on nickel situations where foster seems to struggle.

I noticed a lot of Tampa 2 yesterday and our dline was after Ryan harrassed him all day
Yeah, and unsurprisingly, the DBs held up pretty well in the T-2. I think the fact that the only two teams that played the T-2 this season both went 10-6 with their defenses playing a tremendous part of it. Considering both Chicago CBs were elected to the Pro Bowl, one will definitely be All-Pro, despite the fact that neither CB was drafted high or particularly sought after during draft time, showsthat the T-2 is still very effective against the pass. Something a lot of unknowledgeable fans have stated fairly recently.

Leonard Johnson could be a very good T-2 CB... though I would probably like him best as the 3rd CB. Biggers has been good in man all year, though his ball awareness deficiencies might be even more apparent in T-2.

The old T-2 of Kiffin was built through investing hard and heavy in the pass rush... that is a whole lot cheaper and easy to do than finding shutdown CBs... and as history has shown (recent and 10 years ago), the T-2 is a defense, that when run correctly, can be a major component to shutting down opponents.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:

We also used a crap ton of T-2 vs Peyton Manning and other than having ZERO pass rush in the game, the secondary did okay. Not giving up the big plays and forcing the Broncos to always go the safer route. A better pass rush would have been huge in that game.

I really think if we can get the pass rush in order, this defense is very close.

An early pick on a speed pass rusher, or perhaps another penetrating threat at DT... DE/LB Dion Jordan, DE Ezekial Ansah, Sam Montgomery, Damontre Moore, Barkevious Mingo, or DT Sheldon Richardson... along with a good ball hawking CB that will tackle and be physical like David Amerson, Logan Ryan, the UConn CB Blidi, and I think the D is on its way to being pretty good.

Of course free agency has some major gems out there in Michael Johnson, Connor Barwin, Cliff Avril at DE, Henry Melton at DT...CBs Sean Smith (likely to be franchised but you never know), Brent Grimes (coming off an injury could be had cheap), and a few others.

I really like what Michael Bennett, Roy Miller, and EJ Biggers did this season and hope they are re-signed, but they are still playing positions that need to be upgraded and/or beefed up.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Ansah a lot better than Jordan.

Sam Montgomery no way. Les miles put a note on the club house door listing the names of players that miss workouts and consistently make excuses to the attention of nfl scouts and his name was on it.

What's ur take on Jordan Poyer in round 2 ?
Old 12-31-2012, 12:11 PM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:

Sam Montgomery no way. Les miles put a note on the club house door listing the names of players that miss workouts and consistently make excuses to the attention of nfl scouts and his name was on it.

Agree with Ansah way over Jordan. Poyer 2nd round sounds solid as of right now but I haven't seen much tape on him yet.
Old 12-31-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

Does anyone know all of the Bucs pick selections? I know they have an extra 4th rounder which they may use to move up again like they did last year with Dougie.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:18 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Does anyone know all of the Bucs pick selections? I know they have an extra 4th rounder which they may use to move up again like they did last year with Dougie.
There is a bunch of sites that list every pick (minus compensatory picks) in the draft. The Bucs only have one 4th (the Pats) and no 7th. Other than that they picks 13th in round 1, 12th in round 2, 11th in round 3, If they had their regular pick in round 4, it would be 15th, but they have the Pats pick which means it will be somewhere towards the end of round 4, in round 5 they pick 14th, and round 6 they pick 13th.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:

I don't. I like his physical prowess, but his tape and his production don't really scream at me. His tape isn't bad, it just doesn't pertain to what he will be doing if he played for us. It's like watching tape of Denard Robinson playing QB and saying definitively he'll be a great slot WR. Ansah won't be a 5-tech or a NT either, yet 99% of the plays I've watched him, that is where he has lined up.

At least with Jordan you can see him playing the Von Miller in Denver type role. Sam LB on running downs, DE on passing downs. He's got good bend and get off, and looks good in space. Right now, Ansah is just a guy that has great physical tools but hasn't played the position he'll likely play in the NFL>
Old 12-31-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

I'm still doing homework on Poyer. I didn't get a chance to see him get tested against any teams that run a pro style, or even a passing spread offense this year. I guess that's good for him, it didn't seem like teams wanted to test him. I'm actually putting on Texas-Oregon St. on ESPN3 right now to rewatch the last few offensive series by the Longhorns.

I look forward to seeing him at the Senior Bowl as much as I do Wreh-Wilson, Trufant, Banks, McFadden, and Gratz.

I look forward to seeing Ansah in the pit more than anything... though the old man, Hunt, is intriguing... if he were still around in round 3.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

In rewatching the Texas-Oregon St. game... Okafor may be a victim of bad coaching, but on every single play he immediately shoots upfield. Either he has ZERO recognition skills, has no interest in stacking in order to stop the run, or for some strange reason the defensive coordinator wants him to always shoot upfield, which would be extremely weird, especially on the strong side. There's a reason Texas was so pitiful against the run, it wouldn't be a shocker if Okafor was a major reason for it.

Into the 4th quarter and have yet to see Poyer even enter the screen. He just hadn't been challenged up this point.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Oregon St. seems to play an ass ton of cover 3. At least in this game they did. Bucs didn't play cover 3 very much at all this season. Poyer may be great, he may be the next guy we're wondering how he won a starting job in college. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the CB from the Senior Bowl a few years back that couldn't cover to save his life. I'm thinking he came from BC...

Last edited by brasho : 12-31-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

It's a new year and the name popped into my head. DeJuan Tribble was the guy that walked into the Senior Bowl with a 3rd round grade and ended up getting exposed.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:45 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

I'll admit when I'm wrong but Poyerjust seems to e an all around cb that can excel in man and Zone.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:49 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll admit when I'm wrong but Poyerjust seems to e an all around cb that can excel in man and Zone.
Poyer is a terrific cornerback prospect. He has very good hips and is instinctive. He also has the ability to play man or zone, like you mentioned.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well, you'll have plenty of time to admit you were wrong about tons of predictions, but all I'm saying is that I'm really looking forward to seeing Poyer in action at the Senior Bowl.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:02 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Well, you'll have plenty of time to admit you were wrong about tons of predictions, but all I'm saying is that I'm really looking forward to seeing Poyer in action at the Senior Bowl.

Haha brasho,

1. Still have yet to admit your wrong about McCoy.

Haha This almost seems like Skip Bayless/Stephen A Smith (although they both are clowns), never seem to agree on anything.

I think the only thing we both agree on is we need a pass rusher and better d-coordinator as our top 2 needs.

Maybe Marinelli is going to be let go by Chicago, pending on who they replace Love with.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:03 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Poyer is a terrific cornerback prospect. He has very good hips and is instinctive. He also has the ability to play man or zone, like you mentioned.
Yeah, I've watched him a lot this year. He just has a knack to make plays. Very firey, physical football player.

Watching the Texas bowl, when the QB rollled outside the pocket, did you see the closing speed Poyer had on him? Pretty good.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:40 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Poyer may be great, he may be the next guy we're wondering how he won a starting job in college.

I smell Sabby Piscitelli all over again.

And of course, the three Beaver fans in existence will throw a fit over that comment, but the guy just doesn't appear on film. I don't think it's all to do with scheme, as good players find a way to impact a game.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:25 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Star Lotulelei drops to us do we draft him?
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:33 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
It would be a luxury pick, but and is dependent on who else is on the board. That said, it would be pretty difficult to turn him down.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:02 AM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Of course but what is the likelihood of that happening?

Another guy I'm hoping we can draft in the second round would be Stanford's TE Zach Ertz, he can block, has soft hands, and is a big body in the redzone. He may not be the next Tony Gonzalez but a good TE can be a young QB's best friend. It definitely would help Josh Freeman.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:07 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

If star drops to us then no doubt. Him and McCoy would really wreak havoc inside. However star won't drop to 13. No chance.