Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 02:35 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Great win, awesome performance by Crabtree and record setting day by Gore. Only negative was Akers. Dont know about anyone else but im worried that in the playoffs, games could definitely come down to his left foot and well, not good. Other than that, no complaints except for the very slow start but better to end strong instead of start strong.

And yes!!! We get the bye week. I'm shocked Packers lost. Didnt think that they would but im happy they did. Hopefully, during the bye week, Kaepernick and Davis can try getting on the same page for the playoffs because just having Crabtree as our only major offensive weapon (like Davis last year) wont be good. If Davis can get back to where he was when Smith was the QB, we'll be extremely hard to beat.
But Dan, aren't you upset? The 49ers aren't going to be the 5th seed afterall. Didn't you want them to be road warriors and have a chip on their shoulders and all that jazz? Surely the road to the Super Bowl would be much easier by playing three straight road games in the playoffs.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Old 12-31-2012, 02:37 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was giving AJ Jenkins the benefit of the doubt, but **** that. This guy is terrible. I doubt he sees one snap in the playoffs.

But LeMike looks like a legitimate weapon.
Well, James is going to be our third option at receiver I think. Unless Ginn is used, who I would trust at this point to make a big play over James. Too bad we passed on Alshon Jeffery. Jenkins looks so small for an NFL wide receiver out there. Like a kid.

Nathan Palmer we miss you?

Quote:
Old 12-31-2012, 04:00 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was giving AJ Jenkins the benefit of the doubt, but **** that. This guy is terrible. I doubt he sees one snap in the playoffs.
I think that's very premature. Jenkins wasn't drafted to produce from day one. He has one target on the year, which he dropped but still, ppl have to put things into perspective. How many ppl were saying Crabs was a bust 2 years ago? A year ago? Damn near the whole fan base. Very few rookies, especially at the skill positions, come in and hit the ground running. Jenkins will be fine. He's already running past ppl and creating separation. He just needs chemistry with the QB and some oopportunities. All he needs to do is keep improving on his strength and keep working on getting better at his craft. Way too early to be calling the kid terrible. He hasn't been targeted nearly enough or put in position for ppl to make that claim.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 12-31-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Jenkins looks so small for an NFL wide receiver out there. Like a kid.
AJ Jenkins - 6'0" 192
Randall Cobb - 5'10" 192
Reggie Wayne - 6'0" 198
Brandon Lloyd - 6'0 200
Jeremy Maclin - 6'0 198
Antonio Brown - 5'10" 186
Mike Wallace - 6'0 200

I'm sure he will put on a few pounds, and IMO already has.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But Dan, aren't you upset? The 49ers aren't going to be the 5th seed afterall. Didn't you want them to be road warriors and have a chip on their shoulders and all that jazz? Surely the road to the Super Bowl would be much easier by playing three straight road games in the playoffs.
Hahaha. I was waiting for you to say something like this. Honestly, I only wanted to be the 5th seed so we could go into SEA and beat their ******* asses!!!

Now though, im much happier that we got the bye. It was looking bad early but when our offense finally got on track, it was all on the Vikings to win and thankfully, they did. I'm cheering for them again Saturday night because as the 6th seed, they'll automatically go to ATL. If MIN wins, then im hoping SEA wins Sunday so we can play them for the third time this season. Granted, it would be a lot sweeter to win in SEA but I'll take a blowout win in SF.

Whoever plays the Falcons though, im cheering for so hopefully we can HFA in the NFCCG again. Only difference is that this time, we better not screw it up.

As for Akers, I really hope that Harbaugh signs another kicker for the playoffs. I have no clue as to who's available but cant be any worse than how Akers has played this season. Last season, we definitely needed a second receiver for the playoff run and not signing a good receiver cost us in the NFCCG. I'm hoping that the same thing doesnt happen again this year with the kicking position.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just curious, anyone here wishing they could trade Jenkins for Fleener? Or no? James though is a stud. I love this guy. James and Hunter are going to be one hell of a combo once Gore is done.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just curious, anyone here wishing they could trade Jenkins for Fleener? Or no? James though is a stud. I love this guy. James and Hunter are going to be one hell of a combo once Gore is done.
Ummmmm NO. Celek can give us everythig Fleener could honestly. Its not like Fleener has set the world on fire as a rookie. I think I read somewhere that the Colts brass like the TE they drafted from Clemson a litttle better than Fleener so far. Its early but he's still a subpar in-line blocker. Not going to cut it with JH.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:47 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan , seriously why trade Jenkins? Just because he is too small?Give him another season or two at least. He hasn't played a whole lot this year.Only a hand full of snaps. Your gonna waist a first round pick on trade and get what, certainly not Fleener. I like Celek as well. Tough guy and good all around blocker. Put Jenkins back on PR and give him some experience first then go from there.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
Hahaha. I was waiting for you to say something like this. Honestly, I only wanted to be the 5th seed so we could go into SEA and beat their ******* asses!!!

Now though, im much happier that we got the bye. It was looking bad early but when our offense finally got on track, it was all on the Vikings to win and thankfully, they did. I'm cheering for them again Saturday night because as the 6th seed, they'll automatically go to ATL. If MIN wins, then im hoping SEA wins Sunday so we can play them for the third time this season. Granted, it would be a lot sweeter to win in SEA but I'll take a blowout win in SF.

Whoever plays the Falcons though, im cheering for so hopefully we can HFA in the NFCCG again. Only difference is that this time, we better not screw it up.

As for Akers, I really hope that Harbaugh signs another kicker for the playoffs. I have no clue as to who's available but cant be any worse than how Akers has played this season. Last season, we definitely needed a second receiver for the playoff run and not signing a good receiver cost us in the NFCCG. I'm hoping that the same thing doesnt happen again this year with the kicking position.
You changed your tune. I guess you finally realized how dumb that thinking was earlier.

Even if San Francisco was in Seattle's position, there wouldn't be a guarantee that they would move beyond the wild card round and even if they did it wouldn't be a guarantee that they would face the Seahawks in the divisional round. And Seattle still might come here. I'd rather be on this side of the fence if I wanted to play the Seahawks.

Quote:
Old 01-01-2013, 01:35 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Ummmmm NO. Celek can give us everythig Fleener could honestly. Its not like Fleener has set the world on fire as a rookie. I think I read somewhere that the Colts brass like the TE they drafted from Clemson a litttle better than Fleener so far. Its early but he's still a subpar in-line blocker. Not going to cut it with JH.
Just seems like Fleener would have been a better fit than Jenkins and allowed us to let Walker leave after this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Dan , seriously why trade Jenkins? Just because he is too small?Give him another season or two at least. He hasn't played a whole lot this year.Only a hand full of snaps. Your gonna waist a first round pick on trade and get what, certainly not Fleener. I like Celek as well. Tough guy and good all around blocker. Put Jenkins back on PR and give him some experience first then go from there.
Huh? I didnt say trade Jenkins. I was just asking if anyone here would rather have drafted Fleener instead of Jenkins now.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:39 AM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
You changed your tune. I guess you finally realized how dumb that thinking was earlier.

Even if San Francisco was in Seattle's position, there wouldn't be a guarantee that they would move beyond the wild card round and even if they did it wouldn't be a guarantee that they would face the Seahawks in the divisional round. And Seattle still might come here. I'd rather be on this side of the fence if I wanted to play the Seahawks.
I didnt really change my tune. I always wanted to finish 12-3-1 and get the second seed. After the SEA loss, it didnt look like that was going to happen. Nothing is a guarantee. Not even with home field advantage. Just wanted a rematch in SEA, thats all. But hopefully, MIN can beat GB again and SEA beats the Redskins. Even though it wouldnt be in SEA, at least I get the rematch I want. 49ers/Seahawks.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:26 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
I didnt really change my tune. I always wanted to finish 12-3-1 and get the second seed. After the SEA loss, it didnt look like that was going to happen. Nothing is a guarantee. Not even with home field advantage. Just wanted a rematch in SEA, thats all. But hopefully, MIN can beat GB again and SEA beats the Redskins. Even though it wouldnt be in SEA, at least I get the rematch I want. 49ers/Seahawks.
Because the Cardinals were in our way the Packers couldn't lose a road game to the Vikings?

And wanting a rematch in Seattle meant wanting the 5th seed and three straight road playoff games to get to the Super Bowl. Even if the 49ers didn't get the bye, it would be dumb to prefer three straight road games instead of one home game and two straight road games to get to the big dance.

Quote:
Old 01-01-2013, 08:19 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Because the Cardinals were in our way the Packers couldn't lose a road game to the Vikings?

And wanting a rematch in Seattle meant wanting the 5th seed and three straight road playoff games to get to the Super Bowl. Even if the 49ers didn't get the bye, it would be dumb to prefer three straight road games instead of one home game and two straight road games to get to the big dance.
Wasnt really concerned about the Cardinals. Was more about the Packers and not thinking that they would lose to MIN.

If we didnt get the 2nd seed, then I wanted the 5th seed instead of the 3rd seed because regardless, team still has to play two road games to get to the Super Bowl. Only difference would be playing at home or on the road in the wildcard game. Neither DAL/WSH concerned me whatsoever so I wouldnt have minded the 5th seed.

If SEA got the 2nd seed, there would have been a chance to meet in the division round in SEA. After losing two weeks ago in SEA, I just really really really want to beat their asses in SEA in the playoffs. Losing there again would be a disappointment but at the same time, expected by most but winning but be so ******* sweet.

I know getting the 2nd seed and even the 3rd seed is better than the 5h seed but if GB would have won, I would have preferred the 5th seed because I would want to beat SEA in SEA, plus knocking them out of the playoffs in SEA would be even sweeter.

In short, I just wanted to play the Seahawks again in SEA because winning there in the playoffs would have been so ******* awesome. That's pretty much it.

Either way, I am happy that we got the 2nd seed and a bye. You may not think that I am but trust me, I am. I wouldnt have been cheering for the Vikings if I wasnt and I'll be cheering for them again Saturday as I would much rather play SEA/WSH instead of GB.

No matter what happens this year, to go 13-3 and 11-4-1 back to back years, winning the NFC West and getting the 2nd seed has been awesome and I hope it continues. Hoping we can get at least 10 wins and win the NFC West every year that Harbaugh is our head coach so he can continue to follow in the footsteps of Walsh.

That's the main thing that makes me happy. For the first time sonce Mariucci, I actually like our head coach. Just wish he would eliminate some of the gadget crap. Other than that, no major complaints. :)
Old 01-02-2013, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

go Redskins, right?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Old 01-02-2013, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

100 percent.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
100 percent.
facing Seattle in playoffs? DO NOT WANT

Old 01-02-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
facing Seattle in playoffs? DO NOT WANT
I don't really like playing Seattle at any point.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:53 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Well we get the highest seed automatically from the wildcard round. And since I really don't see the Vikes beating Rodgers twice in consecutive weeks, I think we get the Packers at home.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:33 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

I'm guessing that the Packers do win in GB and being the highest seed, we'll play them in SF next week but im cheering for the Vikings to win because that would mean we play either SEA or WSH. And screw that crap, I want to play SEA. I dont fear their asses especially in SF. They're hot but eventually, they'll be cold and that game will be against us. I really dont see much of a difference between the Redskins and Seahawks. Both have good same type QB's, good RB's and a good defense. I give the edge to WSH with WR's but other than that, I think both teams are pretty much even. Either way, I want the Seahawks. If we lose to them, it just shows that the team isnt as good as everyone thinks we are but if we win, we shut everyone the hell up and show the Seahawks that they're just pretenders to our NFC West Crown. :)
Old 01-02-2013, 04:33 PM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really care who we play, but in regards to your last post Dan - the Seahawks have a much better defense than the Redskins.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

I would love to face Minnesota at home. Peterson or not, I'll take my chances.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:42 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromforgotten View Post
I don't really care who we play, but in regards to your last post Dan - the Seahawks have a much better defense than the Redskins.
True but Redskins is still better than what it was in years past. Either way, I want the Seahawks.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:45 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Niners have proven that they have the ability to beat anybody in the league should they play THEIR kind of game. The teams that match up the best with them IMO are the Pack and SeaChickens, though we've beaten both this season already and would play either team in SF, helping chances for a smooth game (compared to the week 16 road debacle in the Emerald City).

We can wish or hope for who we want them to play, but at the end of the day, we're playing at home and have the ability to smash anyone in the mouth that comes into our house. Not the time of the year to fear; it's time for them to play their best 3 games.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with 12 Picks in the Draft

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Old 01-02-2013, 10:33 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madirishman View Post
I think the Niners have proven that they have the ability to beat anybody in the league should they play THEIR kind of game. The teams that match up the best with them IMO are the Pack and SeaChickens, though we've beaten both this season already and would play either team in SF, helping chances for a smooth game (compared to the week 16 road debacle in the Emerald City).

We can wish or hope for who we want them to play, but at the end of the day, we're playing at home and have the ability to smash anyone in the mouth that comes into our house. Not the time of the year to fear; it's time for them to play their best 3 games.
I agree 100%. My main concern has more to do with the play calling from Roman/Harbaugh and Fangio compared to the actual players. Even if we're without Justin Smith, im still more concerned about the play calling.
Old 01-03-2013, 04:35 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

I wouldn't mind playing Seattle at home in San Francisco. Personally I would want some revenge for the ass kicking the 49ers took a couple of weeks back.

Quote:
Closed Thread