Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 12-31-2012, 03:42 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I is confused. Was Mike in charge of media and fan relations? Thats the dude who should have been fired 15 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe Bud is pissed about Michael Griffin and CJ's contracts... along with keeping Whiffin over Cortland and losing out on Manning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we fire Bud?

So I've seen some mocks where Star lasts till 10. Anyone seen much of this guy to have an opinion?
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:33 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A couple of confusing things from today...

1. It seems a bit odd to me that Mike Reinfeldt would be fired today, while Ruston Webster (Reinfeldt's right-hand man) would be kept around. It seems like you'd get rid of both, if you really wanted to clean the front-office. Also, Bud's utter lack of class (which I guess we should expect by now) in his public statement about Reinfeldt's firing seems harsh, considering that many thought Reinfeldt was Bud's closest and most trusted advisers over the past couple years.

2. The decision to keep Mike Munchak around seems peculiar in terms of attracting new coordinators. If Munchak is on a tight leash, then we're not going to attract any good coordinators to come here. None of the top current coordinators are going to move horizontally career-wise (or worse) without the prospect of real job security. What this means is that it's more likely that we (a.) Keep Gray/Loggins as the current coordinators OR (b.) Promote new coordinators from within the organization. But both of these options seem like clear mistakes to me.
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Glennon twitter

Quote:
John Glennon ‏@glennonsports Munchak says team will add young players to offensive line for first time in while
Hallelujah...I can't believe after all these years, someone finally touched on this point.

Also says that Munchak expects Hutchinson to consider retirement in wake of his injury.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
John Glennon twitter

Hallelujah...I can't believe after all these years, someone finally touched on this point.

Also says that Munchak expects Hutchinson to consider retirement in wake of his injury.
The bad news is, it'll be an OT.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So help me, if we use our top 10 pick on an OL (especially an offensive tackle) after we passed on DeCastro, I will commit Seppuku.
Old 12-31-2012, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will still be absolutely floored if a top 10 pick is used on offensive line. I bet they're thinking more 2nd/3rd round range, which is still cool by me. It's more resources than we've put into the position recently. I think there are some solid FA options out there on the OL as well.

Last edited by Pit Bull #53 : 12-31-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
So help me, if we use our top 10 pick on an OL (especially an offensive tackle) after we passed on DeCastro, I will commit Seppuku.
I'd be happy if we took Warmack with the #10 pick. I'm a big UA fan, and I've seen him play a lot. He's big and strong, and he routinely crushes people. He's exactly the type of run-blocking road-grader that our OL is severely lacking right now -- outside of David Stewart.

But what I like most about Munchak's statement is that it gives us much more flexibility with that #10 pick. While I still think that it's likely that we go DEF with that pick, it's nice that we aren't completely closing off other options.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bobo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if we end up with two new OG's. I can't see taking an OT, we don't need one. I think Valesco may have earned a spot. Sounds like Hutchinson may be done for, and I can't see Amano or Harris back. I can't see taking any o-line at 10 though, I hope we can find more of an impact type player.
Old 12-31-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
I wonder if we end up with two new OG's. I can't see taking an OT, we don't need one. I think Valesco may have earned a spot. Sounds like Hutchinson may be done for, and I can't see Amano or Harris back. I can't see taking any o-line at 10 though, I hope we can find more of an impact type player.
I agree that we probably won't take an OT in the 1st Round, unless we're really high on a guy and we think that he can replace Roos/Stewart in 1-2 years. In that scenario, we'd probably try to play them inside and then kick them outside later. Personally, I think a starting OL is an impact position -- especially for this team, where we really need to keep Locker upright/healthy and open up run-lanes for Johnson. To me, Velasco earned a starting spot this year, whether it's at OG or C. But that still leaves two spots to fill -- especially now that Hutchinson's retirement looks like a very real possibility.

Right now, I still think that we go DEF with that first pick. But I'll be grateful if we go OL at some point in the top 100 picks -- which we've been stubborn about for many years now. Fortunately, it looks like there should be some good OL there at the top of the 2nd Round for us.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

I certainly hope we finally draft o-line high this year, DeCastro last year seemed like a smart choice, and then there were other guys after that I liked. I'd be very surprised if they went o-line at 10, but after that you'd think it'd be a top priority. I don't know who could be had through FA, but I think we'd lean more toward the draft for talent there.

It feels like defense has to be the first pick. I want lineman for the most part, but obviously our secondary needs help too. One of the hot topics is probably gonna be where do we need help more, de or dt?
Old 01-01-2013, 05:13 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I put forth a motion that we tank next season for Clowney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Tank the season when we're so close to SB contention?

Yeah you're right. Clowney.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:37 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
It feels like defense has to be the first pick. I want lineman for the most part, but obviously our secondary needs help too. One of the hot topics is probably gonna be where do we need help more, de or dt?
Yep...DE vs DT is going to get a lot of talk with that 1st pick and rightfully so. Personally, I think we need at least one player at each position -- maybe more depending on what happens with Marks.

I think our DEs played better as the season progressed, at least Morgan did. He's never going to be a 10+ sack guy. He just doesn't have the speed or the pass-rush moves for it. But he's a "hurry" type DE who can funnel running plays and make the QB feel rushed. Realistically, he's a 6-8 sack guy with potential for more if he's got a real pocket-collapsing force next to him or a legit pass-rusher opposite him.

I think it all depends on who's available at that #10 pick. Since Star is likely to be gone, I think we could go with someone like Hankins, but he seems like more of a run-stuffer. My guess is that we go with an impact DE, which would allow us to use Wimbley in pure pass-rush mode (as he's terrible against the run). Regardless, I hope we learned our lesson this year and use more LB blitzes next season, as Ayers & Brown are clearly pretty good at it.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:12 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
DO NOT POST ANYTHING IN HERE EXCEPT DRAFT PICKS!

First Round:

1. Kansas City Chiefs - QB Geno Smith, West Virginia
2. Jacksonville Jaguars - DE Bjoern Werner, Florida St.*
3. Oakland Raiders - DT Star Lotulelei, Utah
4. Philadelphia Eagles - OT Luke Joeckel, Texas A&M*
5. Detroit Lions - CB Dee Milliner, Alabama*
6. Cleveland Browns - DE Ezekiel Ansah, Brigham Young
7. Arizona Cardinals - OT Jake Matthews, Texas A&M*
8. Buffalo Bills - LB Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
9. New York Jets - QB Tyler Wilson, Arkansas
10. New Orleans Saints (from Titans)
11. San Diego Chargers
12. Miami Dolphins
13. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
14. Carolina Panthers
15. Tennessee Titans (from Saints)
16. St. Louis Rams
17. Pittsburgh Steelers
18. Dallas Cowboys
19. New York Giants
20. Chicago Bears
21. Cincinnati Bengals
22. St. Louis Rams (from Redskins)
23. Baltimore Ravens
24. Minnesota Vikings
25. Indianapolis Colts
26. Seattle Seahawks
27. Green Bay Packers
28. Houston Texans
29. San Francisco 49ers
30. New England Patriots
31. Atlanta Falcons
32. Denver Broncos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
TRADE ACCEPTED:

Saints receive:

2013 first-round pick (#10 overall)

Titans receive:

2013 first-round pick (#15)

2014 second-round pick
First trade back goes to us! Give us ammunition to trade up for Clowney if need be!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
Yep...DE vs DT is going to get a lot of talk with that 1st pick and rightfully so. Personally, I think we need at least one player at each position -- maybe more depending on what happens with Marks.

I think our DEs played better as the season progressed, at least Morgan did. He's never going to be a 10+ sack guy. He just doesn't have the speed or the pass-rush moves for it. But he's a "hurry" type DE who can funnel running plays and make the QB feel rushed. Realistically, he's a 6-8 sack guy with potential for more if he's got a real pocket-collapsing force next to him or a legit pass-rusher opposite him.

I think it all depends on who's available at that #10 pick. Since Star is likely to be gone, I think we could go with someone like Hankins, but he seems like more of a run-stuffer. My guess is that we go with an impact DE, which would allow us to use Wimbley in pure pass-rush mode (as he's terrible against the run). Regardless, I hope we learned our lesson this year and use more LB blitzes next season, as Ayers & Brown are clearly pretty good at it.
Yeah realistically we need both positions. I don't mind Marks staying as a backup, but I hope they can upgrade his starter spot. Honestly I think Martin is a better player, they just didn't give him the reps. Curious decision there, but not the first one.

I agree about Morgan. I think he is a solid starter, solid against the run and will get some pressure. Wimbly is the spot we need to upgrade most. I don't know if it's possible his foot injury this year hurt him a lot, but if that's not the case, we just saw a bad FA acquisition. He got destroyed so much against the run and barely made an impact as a pass rusher. I was surprised he played so poorly.

I hope they saw enough of the impact Brown and Ayers had as rushers to use them again in that capacity next year. I'd like to draft the next Kearse, but it's more likely we'll need help in various ways to rush than passer consistently.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:43 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
First trade back goes to us! Give us ammunition to trade up for Clowney if need be!
Nice. Who would you have taken if you had to make the pick at ten? (If you don't mind me askin')
Old 01-02-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Nice. Who would you have taken if you had to make the pick at ten? (If you don't mind me askin')
I was leaning towards Sheldon Richardson the most.

And guess who I got with the 15th pick?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Last edited by TitanHope : 01-02-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Old 01-02-2013, 06:45 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

And you made a trade for Jay Ratliff. Very interesting. Can't wait to see the direction you go in the rest of the way as well.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Bobo
Veteran

They call me the Hiphopopotamus
My lyrics are bottomless...

Oh sorry. Uh so Sheldon Richardson. I'ma check into him. Heard some talk of the guy, seemed like he may be similar to Fletcher Cox.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:25 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a mock draft I did, I used nfldraftscouts round projections and not my own, so please do not make comments on the player being too early or too late.

1) DE Damontre Moore 6'4" 250 Texas A&M
2) C Barrett Jones 6'4" 303 Alabama
3) CB David Amerson 6'3" 192 NC State
4) S TJ McDonald 6'2" 205 USC
4) DE Margus Hunt 6'8" 280 SMU (Moved to DT in our system)
5) OT Rick Wagner 6'6" 310 Wisconsin
6) DE Devin Taylor 6'6" 257 South Carolina
7) TE Christian Fauria 6'7" 255 UCLA
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:51 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

TH! Eric Reid over Matt Elam?!?!?!

</3
Old 01-04-2013, 05:36 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Quote:
TH! Eric Reid over Matt Elam?!?!?!

</3
Not only was that choice super hard, but guess who went ONE spot ahead of our 3rd RD pick?

The Dallas Thomas.

After being unable to trade down, I got Tank Carradine instead.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.