Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-28-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Roddoliver
Rookie

Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tyler Bray is the best QB in this class and no one else comes close to his arm talent. Bray did not win because his defense was a joke. The Tennessee offense clearly was not the problem. His attitude and immaturity are the red flag that must be investigated by NFL teams.
Roddoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
This guy totally intrigues me now. If he stays I am going to say he is the number 1 QB prospect in 2014. Right now he is a one year starter so I think it would benefit him to stick around for his senior season.
Man, Fales is just not that good. He doesn't have a strong enough arm to be a number one prospect in any year. His arm is weaker than Chad Pennington's. The guy is the definition of a noodle arm. He's got poise, he's accurate, he makes his reads, but he's not very athletic and has a very, very weak arm. I'm sorry, I just can't see him being a number one quarterback any year. For all he does well, he's got one of the weakest arms I've ever seen in college QBs who've been suggested as top prospects. Christian Ponder has a stronger arm and is at least a good overall athlete, and he's still pretty terrible.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
theMadStork
Rookie

theMadStork is so money.theMadStork is so money.theMadStork is so money.theMadStork is so money.theMadStork is so money.theMadStork is so money.theMadStork is so money.theMadStork is so money.theMadStork is so money.theMadStork is so money.theMadStork is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulibflower View Post
Man, Fales is just not that good. He doesn't have a strong enough arm to be a number one prospect in any year. His arm is weaker than Chad Pennington's. The guy is the definition of a noodle arm. He's got poise, he's accurate, he makes his reads, but he's not very athletic and has a very, very weak arm. I'm sorry, I just can't see him being a number one quarterback any year. For all he does well, he's got one of the weakest arms I've ever seen in college QBs who've been suggested as top prospects. Christian Ponder has a stronger arm and is at least a good overall athlete, and he's still pretty terrible.
As an SJSU alum, I fully endorse your evaluation. Thank you.
Old 12-29-2012, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Jack203
Rookie

Jack203 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Jack203 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ouch, hope you guys are wrong.
Jack203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
Tyler Bray is the best QB in this class and no one else comes close to his arm talent. Bray did not win because his defense was a joke. The Tennessee offense clearly was not the problem. His attitude and immaturity are the red flag that must be investigated by NFL teams.
Good luck with that, he has a lot of throwing talent but there is a lot more to playing in the NFL. He doesn't handle pressure well and struggles to move in the pocket, he has gone into full tard mode against good teams so many times its not funny. Does not seem to have the intangibles of an NFL QB whatsoever, he's a poor man's Jamarcus Russell.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack203 View Post
Ouch, hope you guys are wrong.
I've got nothing personal against Fales at all, he just has no zip on his throws. He's actually got kind of amazing timing, but I've seen a lot of throws on his tape that would absolutely be interceptions in the NFL because the defenders he'll be facing have greater closing speed. You see him throwing hitches and stuff that just barely get to his receiver with a DB screaming towards it, thinking he's going to get a pick-6. In some ways, I get the feeling that Fales knows how strong his arm is (or isn't), because his college INT numbers have remained pretty low despite regularly almost-throwing picks (in my eyes). I look at him and see a guy I'd expect to be holding onto the ball too long in the pros because he doesn't want to throw it up for grabs. If you can get him in an offense that gets the ball out of his hands very quickly on a lot of short timing routes, I think he could have some success - at least, I think he could run that style of offense competently.

But as in San Francisco, where a perfectly competent starter was replaced by another player with more physical talent and a bigger arm, NFL teams want to have as many passing options as possible, and I think Fales' inability to drive the ball hard will really hinder a team. Thus, I can see him in a backup role, a la Colt McCoy or Kellen Moore or someone like that, guys who had a lot of collegiate success and have a good head on their shoulders, but don't have what it takes to be the main cog in an NFL offense.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Roddoliver
Rookie

Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The #1 QB will be Mike Glennon. He will be compared to Matt Ryan. Coached by Tom O'Brien, pro-style offense, clean off the field. Like Ryan, Glennon is the prototypical pocket passer, and his arm strength does not impress me - it is just "okay". Ryan also completed less than 60% of his passes in his final season and his YPA was very similar.

The Chiefs' new GM will look back at the 2008 Draft when the Dolphins passed on Matt Ryan and went with the safe pick, while the Falcons chose the QB over Glenn Dorsey. If Glennon can sell his football IQ and passion for the game, I think he will be drafted before Geno Smith.

I still think Tyler Bray is the best QB in this class if he does not waste his opportunity in the NFL with poor work ethic and bad attitude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
Good luck with that, he has a lot of throwing talent but there is a lot more to playing in the NFL.
In this class, I think his throwing talent is unmatched. If he is an immature party boy, it's a shame. There are the stories about car vandalism, failed drug tests, the boat incident... Maybe he will grow up.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:16 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets be serious, would anyone bet 5 dollars on a QB from this class to become a franchise guy? Because I wouldn't, they are all just so underwhelming.

If there is a guy from this class, I'm thinking it will be an under the radar guy who develops.

Obviously some QBs will get pushed up, but I wouldn't rate any of them as a first rounder.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Glennon is the only one who even has a shot of becoming a franchise guy, but he won't be a top-tier guy. Joe Flacco (without the rocket arm) might be his best case.
Bray might be the most talented, but he could go undrafted with his issues.
Barkley will have to play in a dink and dunk offense, but he doesn't look like someone who can carry a team.
Smith can also be a solid, but not spectacular guy. He has the accuracy, but is not consistent enough and doesn't show the command that great quarterbacks have, and he played in a wide open offense.
Edit: Hell, Dysert might be the best quarterback in this draft class after all is said and done.

Last edited by MidwayMonster31 : 12-29-2012 at 11:41 PM.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:42 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glennon has a huge arm - his arm strength is probably his best asset.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
I think Glennon is the only one who even has a shot of becoming a franchise guy, but he won't be a top-tier guy. Joe Flacco (without the rocket arm) might be his best case.
Bray might be the most talented, but he could go undrafted with his issues.
Barkley will have to play in a dink and dunk offense, but he doesn't look like someone who can carry a team.
Smith can also be a solid, but not spectacular guy. He has the accuracy, but is not consistent enough and doesn't show the command that great quarterbacks have, and he played in a wide open offense.
Edit: Hell, Dysert might be the best quarterback in this draft class after all is said and done.
Bray won't go undrafted. He's no Logan Thomas. He's shown a lot of negatives on and off the field, but he's also played impressively for stretches. His pick won't reflect his natural talent, but he'll definitely get drafted, I could easily see him getting taken in the second.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 09:46 AM    (permalink
T SHARE 18
Rookie

T SHARE 18 is a cocksman.T SHARE 18 is a cocksman.T SHARE 18 is a cocksman.T SHARE 18 is a cocksman.

Glennon is the real deal. His completion % would be alot higher if it wasnt for Underwood. Numbers dont always tell the whole story. What would Genos numbers be if you took away that little flip foward jet sweep pass? As a Jaguars fan that has had to sit there and watch my team trade up for Blaine Gabbert then watch him run the team into the ground in just under two seasons, I now look to make sure I dont see the same thing in QBs that I seen in Gabbert such as his poor eye level,his poor footwork,and what I believe is his worst trait his willingness to just checkdown after his first read is not there. 3rd and 9 lets check read 1 and check it down to the FB for a 2 yard gain. My point is I dont see any of that with Glennon. He attacks all levels of the field and he is at his best when hes in the hurry up or obvious passing situations. I really dont see too much not to like about him other then how he holds the ball down by his stomach but I can live with that. If Im the Chiefs or Jaguars I take Glennon 1 or 2 overall.
T SHARE 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Mike Glennon can have a good bowl game tomorrow, I think you'll see him become #1 on everybody's board and a candidate for number one overall.

Positives on Mike are his rocket arm, football IQ, ability to make all of the throws, solid pocket presence, solid release time and some ability to throw on the run. Negatives include a lack of mobility, slightly low release point and a some accurary issues.

His completion percentage shouldn't bother anybody. Tom O'Brien's offense at NC State and Boston College forced the QB to throw down the field often and didn't offer much in terms of screens and dump-offs. If you look at Russell Wilson's freshman to junior completition percentage and then compare to his senior year percentage at Wisconsin you'll get a good representative of how much a type of offense can affect that number. You can also see Matt Ryan's BC stats, where he posted similar numbers.

I don't think he's an elite prospect but certainly believe he can be a top ten QB in the league and the franchise guy for the Chiefs. With the rookie cap structure, I expect the Chiefs to roll the dice on a QB even if he isn't a Luck/RG3 type prospect.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Roddoliver
Rookie

Albert Breer just reported that Pioli will be retained by the Chiefs. Mike Glennon 1st overall. The Jags are on the clock.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
T SHARE 18
Rookie

T SHARE 18 is a cocksman.T SHARE 18 is a cocksman.T SHARE 18 is a cocksman.T SHARE 18 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Albert Breer just reported that Pioli will be retained by the Chiefs. Mike Glennon 1st overall. The Jags are on the clock.
Why do you say that?
T SHARE 18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Roddoliver
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by T SHARE 18 View Post
Why do you say that?
There is a rumor that Pioli really likes Glennon, and it's a known fact Pioli already went to NC State to take a closer look at the QB.

https://twitter.com/Jason_Madson/sta...19214142152704

Quote:
Scott Pioli was out at NC State yesterday per 610 Sports. Mike Glennon and David Amerson in KC would be alright with me.
If Pioli keeps his job, it certainly won't be with the option of keeping Matt Cassel or Brady Quinn as the starter. Even if the Chiefs hire a new GM, I think Glennon will be compared to Matt Ryan, people will like his intangibles, and Glennon will be the 1st overall pick because he is a clean, prototypical QB with experience in a pro-style offense. Tom O'Brien only has to say how much he likes Glennon and how he can be as good as Ryan in the NFL.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't touch him. He reeks of Ryan Leaf type personality. If I made a board, I wouldn't have him on it at all.

I'm scared of Geno, but not anywhere near enough to take him off the board. He's still a top 15 player to me.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh well hey, if ALBERT BREER reported it, it must be true!

edit:

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

If Pioli gets another chance in KC, it could be w/the coach he wanted all along - Kirk Ferentz. Again, nothing completely certain there yet.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Roddoliver
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
My bad, it was not Breer, it was Steve Wyche:

"Citing a source briefed on the situation, NFL.com's Steve Wyche reports that the Chiefs have decided to retain GM Scott Pioli for the 2013 season."
Old 12-30-2012, 02:47 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A few other people have said that citing sources, Pioli would be let go.

No one knows. At all. And no one knows who Pioli will draft. I can't wait until this is over.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I wouldn't touch him. He reeks of Ryan Leaf type personality. If I made a board, I wouldn't have him on it at all.

I'm scared of Geno, but not anywhere near enough to take him off the board. He's still a top 15 player to me.
Care to explain the comparsion?

Glennon is reportedly a hard worker, intelligent and a team leader. I can understand being critical of his lack of mobility, lower release point and accuracy issues. Can't see much beyond that though.

I think he falls somewhere between Flaco and Matt Ryan. He's going to have be surround with some talent (which he isn't at NC State) by I think he'll be a ten-twelve year starter in the league.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post

edit:

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer

If Pioli gets another chance in KC, it could be w/the coach he wanted all along - Kirk Ferentz. Again, nothing completely certain there yet.
Pioli and Ferentz. That would be the worst nightmare ever for KC fans.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I honestly think it's just a matter of time before Pioli is fired. Clark Hunt did a few interviews today and it sounds really bad for Pioli. Which is fine with me.

Old 12-31-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Peter King has already shot it down and Pioli will not be involved in hiring the next coach.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tajh Boyd, I see you.