Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 11-10-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah Mat, that was exactly my 1st thoughts on the rumor. getting a trusted football guys outside perspective is going to be key for Clark when moving forward. Marty fits all of the criteria to be that football guy. it doens't mean he will have any influence on the next GM or coach. rather, i believe, he will be giving Clark a comrehensive bio of his team and where they currently stand from an outsiders view. Clark, i'm sure, already has a list of potential candidates and he may bounce a few names off of Marty, but i doubt anyone other than Clark makes this decision. to much is on the line to fail again.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs put DE Glenn Dorsey on injured reserve

And that ends the Glenn Dorsey project.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Chiefs put DE Glenn Dorsey on injured reserve

And that ends the Glenn Dorsey project.
Hope he can resurrect his career with a 43 team. Seems like he is a quality person.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Hope he can resurrect his career with a 43 team. Seems like he is a quality person.
Ya, I liked him to.

It's hard to really judge him as a player in KC. It's easy to scream bust, but he was forced to play in a position in a system he wasn't drafted for.

He was never great but wasn't awful either.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dorsey was good, not great. I hope he goes to a 4-3 team and thrives. Seems like a good guy.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl...9848--nfl.html

I found this very funny for some reason

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Docta
Veteran

Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Docta is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kiper thinks the Chiefs should take Te'o if they get the #1 pick. Why do people still listen to this guy?

Although, it would be funny to see Chiefs fan freak out if it did happen.
Old 11-15-2012, 01:56 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An ILB #1 overall? When our QBs are Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn? Right.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:12 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
An ILB #1 overall? When our QBs are Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn? Right.
his reasoning for that is he feels none of the QB's are worthy of being a #1 overall pick.McShay agreed calling us snakebitten which I agree.Of all the years to suck for a QB..wrong one
Old 11-15-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
his reasoning for that is he feels none of the QB's are worthy of being a #1 overall pick.McShay agreed calling us snakebitten which I agree.Of all the years to suck for a QB..wrong one
We all agree, but even if we go that way there are several other prospects that are more positionally valuable than an ILB (Joekel, Hankins/Lotulelei) that I would much rather the Chiefs go after should they choose to skip on a QB.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:11 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

If we skip on a QB then I have no faith in this franchise to ever turn it around. Ever. And I mean that. Three decades is too long to neglect the most important position in football.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We all agree, but even if we go that way there are several other prospects that are more positionally valuable than an ILB (Joekel, Hankins/Lotulelei) that I would much rather the Chiefs go after should they choose to skip on a QB.
It seems to me that "positional value" is what got us Tyson Jackson. Not that it really matters, there isn't a GM in the world who would pass on a QB given our situation at the position. Besides, QBs have a way of sneaking up on draft gurus. Dan Marino, 27th overall & 6th QB taken, Drew Brees, 2nd round, Joe Montana, 3rd round, Tom Brady, 6th round (I hope Pioli isn't waiting for lightning to strike again with a pick like that), and of course, Johnny Unitas, undrafted.

I have a great deal of respect for Kiper and McShay but the fact that the experts don't see a QB worthy of an early 1st round pick doesn't bother me at all. Go ahead, take one!

Last edited by TheMatriculator : 11-16-2012 at 03:00 PM. Reason: typo
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Also the first pick in the draft isn't going to make 70 million any more. You can now take a player higher you might not have a few years ago.

I will be the first to say this QB draft class doesn't really do much for me, but that doesn't mean I still don't want one.

I don't think there is a "superstar" at QB in this draft, but I think we should be able to get a legit starter.

Last edited by Splat : 11-16-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
It seems to me that "positional value" is what got us Tyson Jackson. Not that it really matters, there isn't a GM in the world who would pass on a QB given our situation at the position. Besides, QBs have a way of sneaking up on draft gurus. Dan Marino, 27th overall & 6th QB taken, Drew Brees, 2nd round, Joe Montana, 3rd round, Tom Brady, 6th round (I hope Pioli isn't waiting for lightning to strike again with a pick like that), and of course, Johnny Unitas, undrafted.

I have a great deal of respect for Kiper and McShay but the fact that the experts don't see a QB worthy of an early 1st round pick doesn't both me at all. Go ahead, take one!
No, Tyson Jackson was a reach. I'm talking about Joekel or Hankins playing more valuable positions than Te'o does, while being at least equal prospects in my eyes. But I digress...

I really just wanted to point out that my whole statement was predicated on who I wanted the Chiefs to take if they did not take a quarterback. I still think QB absolutely should be the pick - Tyler Wilson - and let the pieces fall where they may.
Old 11-16-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/n...er-with-chiefs

Quote:
Dwayne Bowe insists he didn't want out of Kansas City at the trade deadline, and says he wants to finish his career with the Chiefs.

"Why wouldn’t I want to stay here? It’s a no-brainer for me," Bowe said, who became "emphatic" at the topic. "I never said I didn’t want to be here.

This is where it started for me. This is where people know me from. That’s crazy to me." Yahoo Sports reported Bowe "very badly" wanted out of Kansas City, but he never publicly commented on the situation. Despite what Bowe says now, whether he's back for a seventh season in 2013 will depend in large part on what kind of front-office housecleaning is conducted. It's hard to see him returning if GM Scott Pioli is retained. The Kansas City Star considers him "unlikely" to re-sign.
Just ******* pay him.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, Tyson Jackson was a reach. I'm talking about Joekel or Hankins playing more valuable positions than Te'o does, while being at least equal prospects in my eyes. But I digress...

I really just wanted to point out that my whole statement was predicated on who I wanted the Chiefs to take if they did not take a quarterback. I still think QB absolutely should be the pick - Tyler Wilson - and let the pieces fall where they may.
I don't see how Jackson is a reach. First, he is a DE, a position of value. Second, I pulled out Kiper's big book from 2009 and while he ranks him 4th among DEs, he also says "With his size and athleticism, he's the perfect 3-4 DE." Perfect doesn't sound like a reach to me. Remember, 2009 wasn't a very good draft.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
I don't see how Jackson is a reach. First, he is a DE, a position of value. Second, I pulled out Kiper's big book from 2009 and while he ranks him 4th among DEs, he also says "With his size and athleticism, he's the perfect 3-4 DE." Perfect doesn't sound like a reach to me. Remember, 2009 wasn't a very good draft.
2009 was terrible, but nobody, anywhere, had Tyson Jackson going 3rd overall. Nobody. They could've gone with Raji, as nose is a much more important position for a 34. They could have tried a QB like Sanchez or Freeman just to give QB a try. Then there were tons of receivers that year that have been real good. And then between Cushing, Orakpo and Matthews (or Everette Brown as I mistakenly wanted) there were plenty of pass rushers. Raji was my guy. The Chiefs could have had him at 3. Jackson was a reach.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Jackson WAS a reach but I understand why it happened. I didn't love the pick at the time, but I could at least understand the thought behind it.

That said, it was still an awful pick and I'd be surprised if he was back with this team next year.

And to touch on a few things from the last couple of posts:

Yes, pay Bowe.

I disagree about the QB thing, I think Tyler Wilson or Geno Smith could be elite, but everyone does this after a huge QB year. When you look at the QBs drafted LAST year, no one from this year looks good.. but Luck and RG3 are historically good prospects. That's all. This QB draft isn't bad at all, it just isn't as good as last year, and that would be hard to accomplish.

Give me Tyler Wilson or Geno and I'll be happy at the end of the day.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-infractions/

Tamba Hali, Justin Houston fined for Monday Night infractions.

Quote:
Hali and Houston, who were both in on the sack that knocked Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger out of the game and out of this week’s game with shoulder and rib injuries, have each been fined by the league. Hali was fined $25,000 for hitting Roethlisberger’s backup Byron Leftwich with his helmet in the fourth quarter. Hali was flagged for roughing the passer on the play, which helped move the Steelers close enough to take a 13-10 lead with a Shaun Suisham field goal.

Houston picked up a smaller fine for his starring role in a Chiefs group touchdown celebration in the third quarter. Houston recovered what was ruled a fumble on the field and returned it for a touchdown before celebrating with the rest of the Chiefs defense. The team was penalized for unsportsmanlike conduct and Houston has now received a $7,875 fine for the transgression.
Old 11-19-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look what they've done!

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Ryan Lilja is retiring.

Old 12-31-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Ryan Lilja is retiring.
I was expecting him to be cut but not this.
Old 12-31-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

might not happen as soon as we want but there's no way Pioli's NOT fired after listening to Hunt's interview
Old 12-31-2012, 06:16 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
might not happen as soon as we want but there's no way Pioli's NOT fired after listening to Hunt's interview
The only way he stays is if the new coach wants him to stay. What do suppose the chances of that are?
Old 12-31-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Depends on the coach, I guess. If it's a friend of Pioli, he's stayin.

I'm hoping Clark makes a big splash and just hires someone huge. Don't even give Pioli a chance to stay.