Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-31-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
SAGA45
Rookie

SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SAGA45 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks01234 View Post
If Mike Glennon can have a good bowl game tomorrow, I think you'll see him become #1 on everybody's board and a candidate for number one overall.
So much for that
SAGA45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:13 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Tajh Boyd, I see you.
That was.. interesting to say the least. I wonder if he declares.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:46 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks01234 View Post
Care to explain the comparsion?
There's just a lot of crap that is rumored about him that makes him sound like the kind of person you want to avoid. He basically "took the blame" for throwing beer bottles at cars at his hotel - but it really sounded like he was blaming the people there. He's got his name tattooed to his back like he's some kind of star... (which in itself isn't bad, but I get the feeling he's a bit of a prima dona)

It just goes on and on. I've just started to pay more attention to that kind of stuff after Leinart, Clausen, and the like have burned me badly.

His talent is vastly over-rated. He has terrible mechanics (Leftwhich/Tebow level bad). Decision making is so-so.

His gameplay is very shaky, like he doesn't give a care. He reminds me of Jimmy Clausen in that respect. I ignored it when Clausen was doing it because I felt he would clean it up - but I'm really not making that mistake twice.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:05 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roddoliver View Post
The #1 QB will be Mike Glennon. He will be compared to Matt Ryan. Coached by Tom O'Brien, pro-style offense, clean off the field. Like Ryan, Glennon is the prototypical pocket passer, and his arm strength does not impress me - it is just "okay". Ryan also completed less than 60% of his passes in his final season and his YPA was very similar.

The Chiefs' new GM will look back at the 2008 Draft when the Dolphins passed on Matt Ryan and went with the safe pick, while the Falcons chose the QB over Glenn Dorsey. If Glennon can sell his football IQ and passion for the game, I think he will be drafted before Geno Smith.

I still think Tyler Bray is the best QB in this class if he does not waste his opportunity in the NFL with poor work ethic and bad attitude.

In this class, I think his throwing talent is unmatched. If he is an immature party boy, it's a shame. There are the stories about car vandalism, failed drug tests, the boat incident... Maybe he will grow up.
You're way off about Glennon's arm strength. Even O'Brien says it's the one real difference between Glennon and Ryan. Glennon has a gun.

Physically Mike Glennon IS Flacco, but I think Flacco is more mobile on the run.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:39 AM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
There's just a lot of crap that is rumored about him that makes him sound like the kind of person you want to avoid. He basically "took the blame" for throwing beer bottles at cars at his hotel - but it really sounded like he was blaming the people there. He's got his name tattooed to his back like he's some kind of star... (which in itself isn't bad, but I get the feeling he's a bit of a prima dona)

It just goes on and on. I've just started to pay more attention to that kind of stuff after Leinart, Clausen, and the like have burned me badly.

His talent is vastly over-rated. He has terrible mechanics (Leftwhich/Tebow level bad). Decision making is so-so.

His gameplay is very shaky, like he doesn't give a care. He reminds me of Jimmy Clausen in that respect. I ignored it when Clausen was doing it because I felt he would clean it up - but I'm really not making that mistake twice.
Nevermind. Sorry thought you were making a Ryan Leaf/Mike Glennon comparsion not Tyler Bray/Ryan Leaf.

Carry on - good points
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:49 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I had to compare Glennon to another QB it would be Andrew Walter. Glennon has the arm and size and some serious accuracy issues, very similar to Walter.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:20 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My favorite QBs in this class are Bray and Glennon. The entire class is such a crap-shoot, though. I'd hate to be a team that is relying on this draft to produce a starting QB in 0-2 years.

Every QB in this class has a red flag.

Glennon is a poor man's Matt Ryan and might have the best overall skill-set in the class. The problem is that he has a bit of Blaine Gabbert in him.

Bray seems to be the mentally toughest on the field, but at the same time he's definitely a prima donna. Kind of like Jay Cutler or Philip Rivers. It's a legit red flag.

Barkley and Wilson are almost identical. Both seem to have hit the ceiling way too early. Both have had bothersome injuries. Both are less-than-ideal physically (and also seem to both be maxed out in this category).

Geno just gives off a terrible vibe. Him being at the top of the class reminds me of (even though I was a fan) Tim Couch being the #1 guy in the 1999 draft. People are just kind of like "well...I guess he's the best...right? maybe?"

Last edited by nepg : 01-01-2013 at 11:33 AM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:33 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glennon and Matt Ryan are not similar at all. Terrible comparison by all those using it. That's akin to saying Flacco and Ryan are similar.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:55 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Glennon and Matt Ryan are not similar at all. Terrible comparison by all those using it. That's akin to saying Flacco and Ryan are similar.
Yea have to agree with that. I think Ryan only played one year under O'Brien as the starter. Ryan I would argue is the better leader, Glennon has huge question marks in that area. Ryan is physically talented but Glennon just has one of those huge arms.

After yesterday's game Glennon really hurt his chances since he did not perform well. Much can be made of his supporting cast and to an extent I agree with that. When comparing Smith to Glennon I would argue Smith's excellent supporting cast with two of the best playmakers in college football made him a better QB than he is. Glennon was able to play well with a less than stellar cast in a more vertical offense which bodes well for him IMO.

I have never seen Glennon get really rattled though and has always maintained his composure unlike Smith. Both these guys have huge question marks moving forward.

Wilson and Barkley may have benefited by not playing in bowl games. Barkley since USC really stunk it up without him illustrating how important he was to his team and Wilson's last performance was a gritty one going against LSU with a crap team around him - he didn't embarrass himself.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Gio94
Rookie

Gio94 could make a wolverine purr.Gio94 could make a wolverine purr.Gio94 could make a wolverine purr.Gio94 could make a wolverine purr.Gio94 could make a wolverine purr.Gio94 could make a wolverine purr.Gio94 could make a wolverine purr.

I dont think that Tyler Wilson is physically less than ideal.. Yes, maybe on a height standpoint he is, but talking about arm strenght and athleticism i think he is well above average...

And i wouldnt draft Glennon in the first round, he looks too risky; as someone else before me said, he can became a Flacco, but at the same time he can be the next Skelton (and personally i would bet on the latter)

Last edited by Gio94 : 01-01-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Gio94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 01:19 PM    (permalink
fishspinners
Rookie

fishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairfishspinners is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I think Ryan Mallet was a better prospect than Mike Glennon is.
fishspinners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:13 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishspinners View Post
Mallet was a better prospect than anyone in this draft by a large margin.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:27 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Mallet was a better prospect than anyone in this draft by a large margin.
I wouldn't go that far.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:28 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

O'Brien compares Glennon to Ryan in terms of their physical stature and playing style. I don't think I've ever read where he talked about their intangibles.
Both are tall, pro style dropback QBs who played for the same HC and in the same offense in college. There are points of comparison, but no one is saying Glennon is Ryan.

If Ryan Mallett didn't have off the field issues, he would have been a top 10 pick in 2011.
There were HCs who were fired Monday because they passed on Mallett IMO.

A great college QB is supposed to be able to elevate the level of performance of the skill position players around him. Glennon has average college talent around him, but it's not pathetic. It's no better or worse than the the WRs Ryan or Russell Wilson had at BC or NC State.
Old 01-01-2013, 04:26 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Murray.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:24 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Aaron Murray.
Seriously? His stats may have been fairly impressive, but he surely wasn't. Even on the long first half throw to King, it was a terrible throw... it was also made me wonder about King and why he didn't highpoint that ball. It really should have been picked off.

You're constantly railing against Josh Freeman because he can't light up the good defenses, that he is inconsistent, spotty decisions and accuracy... I see all of that in Murray only Murray has nothing close to Freeman's skillset. Considering Murray finally won and looked decent in a big game, his record in bowl games and championship games coming into the game was 0-4, plus he's never not gotten the crap kicked out of him by South Carolina, he did beat Florida twice, but it was more in spite of him, than because of him. His resume is not very impressive, especially considering the stat padding he's done against extremely poor competition.

Here's his stat lines from bowl games and conference championship games:

Against UCF in 2010 bowl game
21 of 38 2 ints 198 yards 0 TDs-lost 6-10
Against LSU in 2011 SEC Championship Game
16 of 41 2 ints 163 yards 1 TD-lost 10-42
Against Michigan St. in 2011 bowl game
20 of 32 2 ints 288 yards 2 TDS-lost 30-33
Against Alabama in 2012 SEC Championship Game
18 of 33 1 int 265 1 TD (and trust me, his stats were way better than his play)
Then the game today against Nebraska where he tried his best to give the game away with poor throws (2 INTs in the first half alone) and several errant tosses to wide open recdeivers.

Here's the funny stat lines...
Against South Carolina in 2010
14 of 21 0 ints 192 yards 0 TDs-lost 6-17
Against Florida in 2010
18 of 37 3 ints 313 yards 3 TDs-lost 30-33
Against Miss St. inj 20111
13 of 25 3 ints 160 yards 2 Tds- won 24-10
Against South Carolina in 2012
11 of 31 1 int 109 yards 0 TDs
Against Florida 2012
12 of 24 3 ints 150 yards 1 TD-won 17-9

And it isn't like Murray was playing on a bad team that if he didn't play phenomenally well, his team would lose. Georgia's best weapon is Gurley and the running game. This isn't Roethlisberger's Miami (OH) going against Iowa here, Georgia is among the most talented teams in the country with excellent other weapons around Murray.

Frankly, I would be shocked iif Murray came out this season. He's a good college QB but as a pro prosect, he does not have it. I see him more of a mix between Cade McNown and Major Applewhite than the Drew Brees that people like to throw around.

He's short, his arm is okay, his accuracy is spotty, his athleticism is decent. If he were stupid enough to come out this season, he would be lucky to find himself picked as high as round 2 because the Kevin Kolbs, Eric Zeiers, and other QBs with similar skillsets and deficiencies never proved themselves on the NFL level.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:26 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, but that was who he reminds me of most as well. Tall, big arm, good athlete but painfully slow (a Mallett, Brady, P. Manning quality if you know what I mean).
Old 01-01-2013, 06:32 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

I can't imagine a more bare class of QBs than this one. I mean, even the Druckenmiller class had Jake Plummer selected in round 2. I think Jon Kitna and Jake Delhomme were undrafted that year as well. I think Danny Wuerffel was in there as well... yikes!
Old 01-01-2013, 07:29 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This QB class, is more unknown than weak. I really do see a lot of starter upside in most of the QBs. Just that, nothing really screams "Elite". The only prospect I'd say can be elite is Tyler Wilson. The others? All have the tools and intangibles to start. I really like Mike Glennon, but question is: Is he inconsistant because he lost his main WR Targets from last year or is that who is actually is?

Geno Smith? Upside is there. Smart kid, live arm, good accuracy, but his inconsistancy against good teams and question of whether or not his playmakers Sted Bailey and Tavon Austin made him better than he actually is? Character came into question having a tantrum in some bad losses as well.

Landry Jones? This is a kid I think can be a steal in the middle rounds. At worst, he's a great back up to have and develop. But he's got very good intangibles and is very accurate and smart with a very good arm. Lacked some conisistancy and makes some bad decisions when pressured. Has all the tools physcially and mentally. Better pocket presence and athleticism than given credit for.

Matt Barkely? I think he can be an Andy Dalton type QB. Will he be elite? No. He can make the throws, solid accuracy. Seemed to be under a lot of scrutiny, but in a good situation, he can take a team to the play offs.

Ryan Nassib, quick release, very good intangibles, improved accuracy, strong arm. Lacks touch on deep balls and corner routes. Will throw with too much velocity when it's not needed. Can leave the pocket when it's unnecceassay. Has raw ability, but in the right situation, has starter ability.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
O'Brien compares Glennon to Ryan in terms of their physical stature and playing style. I don't think I've ever read where he talked about their intangibles.
Both are tall, pro style dropback QBs who played for the same HC and in the same offense in college. There are points of comparison, but no one is saying Glennon is Ryan.
The big difference between the two is the intangibles. Stats are similar, situations they played in are similar, same conference, same size, same athletic ability, recruited by the same coach... They're very similar players. People saying it's a terrible comparison are just playing devil's advocate, imo.

The issue with Glennon is that while he does have mediocre talent around him (questionable whether it's as bad as what Ryan worked with, WR-wise), he exhibits some Blaine Gabbert-like behavior that may not be fixable at the next level.

Matt Ryan threw a lot of interceptions because he just absolutely HAD to throw the ball into coverage. More of Glennon's are just from bad decision-making.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:59 PM    (permalink
DcmRulz
Pro Bowler

DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DcmRulz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Manuel's not in the top QB discussion anymore, right? He's really not having a very good bowl game here, his receivers are open nearly every play and he puts them in awful spots.

Hackenberg vs Morris!
Starting up the Keeton train again, it's that time of year!

Sleeper QB Freshman: Mason Rudolph
DcmRulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:01 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DcmRulz View Post
Manuel's not in the top QB discussion anymore, right? He's really not having a very good bowl game here, his receivers are open nearly every play and he puts them in awful spots.
It's damning IMO that Manuel has had a pristine pocket on nearly every passing down and he still can't get off on NIU's secondary.

I still say this dude is a backup in the NFL.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:47 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Yes, but that was who he reminds me of most as well. Tall, big arm, good athlete but painfully slow (a Mallett, Brady, P. Manning quality if you know what I mean).
Manning is a better athlete than he's given credit for. He had a decent time for a QB at the combine. I believe it was in the 4.75 range.

Quote:
I just don't like comparing Petrino's offense (and the products of it) to other offenses. It's part of the reason why I struggle with evaluating Tyler Wilson. I see the talent, but I wonder how it will look in a different offense. That's true of a lot of places, but Tedford and Petrino are notorious for it. (Petrino is notorious for other stuff too...)

Last edited by descendency : 01-01-2013 at 11:52 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:45 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Aaron Murray is extremely underrated. Guy makes all the throws necessary. Bc he's 6'1 he won't be mentioned amongst the best. If he were 6'3 he'd be a top 5 pick
Old 01-03-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Aaron Murray is extremely underrated. Guy makes all the throws necessary. Bc he's 6'1 he won't be mentioned amongst the best. If he were 6'3 he'd be a top 5 pick
He's just not that good, he has really looked poor against good defenses. Its not like he's playing with a sub par surrounding cast like Cutler or anything.

Even his numbers against Nebraska (which is a terrible defense) are inflated due to some short throws with big YAC.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote