Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 12-30-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL rumors circulating and being reported that Clark is likely giving Pioli another chance, but that Crennel is out. I hope to god this is wrong. I have zero confidence that the man who saw a franchise QB in Cassel and competition in Quinn will make the right choice in April. Dont make Kansas City boycott this team Clark!
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It really wouldn't shock me at all. How many years was King Carl here?
Old 12-30-2012, 02:17 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was here to long, but that was Lamars biggest weakness. He was loyal to a fault. Firing Todd 3/4 of a season after he won a division title show Clark doesnt have the same loyalties. Clark will learn the hard way when the stadium is empty, IF Pioli is coming back.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Pioli comes back season ticket sales will plummet and home games will be blacked out. I guarantee it.

And I don't trust Pioli to hire a HC or draft a QB, so I'm not sure how much Chiefs I could stomach next year. I really hope none of that is true.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

Josh McDaniels HC, Mike Glennon 1st rd QB, Jamaal traded away for a 2nd rd pick, Bowe not resigned, Colquitt designated as Franchise Player. All these and more seem like real possibilities with Pioli in charge.

I dont mean to overreact, but kerping any of this garbage @ Arrowhead makes me crazy and mad. None of them have done anything keep their job. Let alone give Clark any kind of confidence that they wont **** this up. Clark needs to end the speculation and just say whats happening after this game is over
Old 12-31-2012, 01:20 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still no word from Clark. Ugh. Oh well, hopefully we have answers tomorrow.

Old 12-31-2012, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chiefs fire Romeo Crennel, not Scott Pioli
Old 12-31-2012, 09:06 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-his-fate-yet/

I really hope Clark makes the right decision here, otherwise we're going to have a lame duck HC and I'm worried about the draft moving forward.

Old 12-31-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

RAC has been officially fired.

From Clark Hunt:

Quote:
However, I am embarrassed by the poor product we gave our fans this season, and I believe we have no choice but to move the franchise in a different direction. I will immediately begin the search for the next head coach of the Chiefs. The entire football operation will remain under review, and there may be additional changes to come. No final determination has been made at this point on the future of General Manager Scott Pioli.
HE will begin the search for the next HC, HE is still reviewing the football operation side, and HE was the one who spoke about the firing of RAC. Pioli is anything but safe. Clark just needs to do the right thing here.

Interesting eh?

Old 12-31-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
RAC has been officially fired.

From Clark Hunt:

HE will begin the search for the next HC, HE is still reviewing the football operation side, and HE was the one who spoke about the firing of RAC. Pioli is anything but safe. Clark just needs to do the right thing here.

Interesting eh?
Actually I'm cautiously optimistic based on this statement. I think Clark gets it this time. The NFL is not about the CEO (GM), it's all about the HC. First you find a HC and then you find a GM that can work with him. You need both but the HC comes first because without him you have....well, the 2012 Kansas City Chiefs.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
Actually I'm cautiously optimistic based on this statement. I think Clark gets it this time. The NFL is not about the CEO (GM), it's all about the HC. First you find a HC and then you find a GM that can work with him. You need both but the HC comes first because without him you have....well, the 2012 Kansas City Chiefs.
I think that pretty much spells the end of the Pioli regime. Personally I think the head coach needs to be offensive minded to groom our new franchise QB and a guy that keeps our 3-4 defense intact. Maybe allow to have Poe do more pass rushing instead of one gapping all the time.
Old 12-31-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Clayton said on ESPN he think that Andy Reid might be the next Chiefs coach
Old 01-01-2013, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
John Clayton said on ESPN he think that Andy Reid might be the next Chiefs coach
To be honest I wouldn't mind this. The only thing is would he want to go back to a 4-3? I really don't want that.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:01 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I trust Reid to hire a DC that would run the scheme we're best suited for. I think. Maybe.

Old 01-01-2013, 10:04 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one thing that scares me about Andy is that he looks like a coach who is burned out after 14 years in the same job. He needs a year off to recharge and reload. I don't think he'll get it because he wants another job and someone will give it to him, but the history of burned out coaches in their next job is not that good.

I think we are going to see a lot of crazy rumors and wild guesses but at least Andy Reid makes sense.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
The one thing that scares me about Andy is that he looks like a coach who is burned out after 14 years in the same job. He needs a year off to recharge and reload. I don't think he'll get it because he wants another job and someone will give it to him, but the history of burned out coaches in their next job is not that good.

I think we are going to see a lot of crazy rumors and wild guesses but at least Andy Reid makes sense.
I bet he ends up in Arizona. It's like anti-phily. Seems like the fans aren't going to denounce you, warm weather, set up for a passing attack, high draft pick to groom your next quarterback. I think the moment he starts losing(if, but being burned out can do that eh?) but in Arizona they'll definately cut him some slack.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

The big name that keeps popping up for us is the OC for Atlanta. Does anyone have anything on him? He seems like a good fit.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:42 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Dirk Koetter isn't a big name. He reminds me a lot of the Todd Haley hire a few years ago. Solid to good OC on a team with a lot of offensive talent. Bring him here and what does he have?

I'd much rather hire someone a little more accomplished to be the next HC. A Koetter hire doesn't instill any hope in me at all. He isn't an inspired choice.

Old 01-02-2013, 03:39 AM    (permalink
KCStud
Rookie

KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCStud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dirk Koetter would be a horrible hire. He was fired from ASU and couldn't even get a job in college so he looked at lower jobs in the NFL. He was nothing special in Jacksonville. He was part of the staff that thought Gabbert was good enough to be drafted so high.

This year he's been with an elite supporting cast which has exaggerated his abilities IMO.

JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:52 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

I'm not saying Dirk couldn't be the next HC, but he doesnt seem to fit Clarks own requirements. I dont know that our next coach will be a 'big name', but I bet he has past HC experience
Old 01-02-2013, 08:32 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Carls 5 Year Plan View Post
I'm not saying Dirk couldn't be the next HC, but he doesnt seem to fit Clarks own requirements. I dont know that our next coach will be a 'big name', but I bet he has past HC experience
Exactly! Koetter is at best a fall back in case the guy(s) they want won't come here.

I heard Keith Armstrong’s name mentioned for an interview but that seems like an opportunity to get the Rooney Rule out of the way. A special teams coach? Remember the last time the Chiefs hired a special teams to be HC. Frank Ganz??? That didn't work out very well.

Keep in mind that sometimes these names are floated out by the coach's own agent to keep his name in the mix for coaching jobs. The Chiefs may have absolutely no interest in some of the guys whose names come up.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:08 AM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

Two interviews down...
Dirk Koetter and Keith Armstrong yesterday
Andy Reid today (according to Mort and Schefty)

Things are moving fast.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:51 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I would be pretty happy with an Andy Reid hire. My first choice was Ray Horton, and my second was Bill Cowher (due to his history with KC) but I couldn't be mad at landing a big name like Reid.

Old 01-02-2013, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Bill Cowher would be my first choice but I honestly don't think he is going to coach again anywhere. I feel the talk of him going somewhere every year is just the media.

I would be more than fine with Andy Reid.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Ya, I just don't think Cowher is interested in coaching again. I'd love Cowher here, but Andy Reid would be a pretty good hire and someone I think we could get excited about.