Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > DraftCountdown.com Spotlight > "DC" Scouting Reports

"DC" Scouting Reports See the Latest Scouting Report Additions!

Old 01-01-2013, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Mike Glennon, QB, North Carolina St.

Mike Glennon, QB, North Carolina St.
http://www.draftcountdown.com/Scouti...ke-Glennon.php

Please feel free to join the discussion on this prospect!

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:56 AM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could not agree more with your assessment. I do think supporting cast, especially OL woes, hurt his ability to really excel. You also can't forget how dreadful we were running the ball. He essentially took the snap and the defense didn't have to worry about us doing much of anything on the ground. That should account for the ridiculous amount of pressure he faced.

He relies on his arm waaaaaaay too much though. Half of his int's could have been avoided by not trying to throw into double and triple coverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:34 AM    (permalink
Warriorz319
Rookie

Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your assessment of Glennon is pretty good, Id be worried about drafting him to high though he has a lot of Derek Anderson in him and will need time to break some of his bad habits but as a #2 developmental QB got to love his arm and upside. Somebody like the Saints should really give a hard look at in the 3rd or 4th round as a potential replacement for Brees in a few years.
Warriorz319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warriorz319 View Post
Your assessment of Glennon is pretty good, Id be worried about drafting him to high though he has a lot of Derek Anderson in him and will need time to break some of his bad habits but as a #2 developmental QB got to love his arm and upside. Somebody like the Saints should really give a hard look at in the 3rd or 4th round as a potential replacement for Brees in a few years.
Funny you mention Derek Anderson because I almost went that direction with the comparison.

In fact, I may still change it.

Old 01-01-2013, 12:36 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has some tools that someone will like, top 50 pick. I would not draft him though.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glennon is going to be one of the more talked about prospects in the coming months. Some people love him and think he's a top 10 pick while some think he's a mid rounder.

I've seen a lot of him and I agree, your assessment of him is spot on.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:48 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

His college career reminded me of Jay Cutler's at Vandy. Strong talent, with little around him. That makes it hard to project him, but he certainly has the raw ability and with the right coach....
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 11:36 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Looks like a first round pick one moment then a late rounder the next and consistency will be absolutely vital to maximizing vast potential
Agree with that statement 100%. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens at the Senior Bowl.

Quite frankly, I think he could be a very good development project if he falls too far, if you have a good QB Development program (ie not the Jets)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warriorz319 View Post
I really doubt he is available in the middle rounds. Maybe he should be, but I really doubt he's available at even pick 65.

Scott Pioli was in Raleigh evaluating film on someone (presumably either Amerson or Glennon) and doing some local radio shows. While teams will do their reviews for everyone, a GM is rarely doing film studio on a guy that they don't see as a high value target (his time is too valuable).

Take that however you like it.

Last edited by descendency : 01-01-2013 at 11:41 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Warriorz319
Rookie

Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Warriorz319 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
I really doubt he is available in the middle rounds. Maybe he should be, but I really doubt he's available at even pick 65.
I'm not saying he will be I'm saying that is where I would be comfortable taking him. Every year QB's get overdrafted and this year will be no exception and I wouldn't be completely surprised if he slipped into the 1st round since there are no game changing QB's in the draft yet, barring Murray does not declare. Tyler Bray, Glennon and EJ Manuel might all get selected in the 1st round based off pure ability and upside. I just would not be comfortable drafting one that high, id rather trade for Kirk Cousins he would be better value. That's all I'm saying.
Warriorz319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:50 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

I know the Bills are doing their homework on Glennon too.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I know the Bills are doing their homework on Glennon too.
That would be a nice landing spot, assuming they can fix whatever plagues that franchise.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:23 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's little chance a QB with Glennon's tools and squeaky clean resume off the field slips out of the first.

He'll be overdrafted like most of the top rated QBs are. However I think Glennon is way better than Nick Foles. I bet Andy Reid thinks the same thing too and why I think he takes the KC job and drafts Glennon.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:38 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This year's Brock Osweiler-type of prospect. I bet he sneaks into the late first when all is said and done, likely to a team who picked earlier and then traded back up into the first to get him.
Old 01-03-2013, 12:06 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
There's little chance a QB with Glennon's tools and squeaky clean resume off the field slips out of the first.

He'll be overdrafted like most of the top rated QBs are. However I think Glennon is way better than Nick Foles. I bet Andy Reid thinks the same thing too and why I think he takes the KC job and drafts Glennon.
Geno Smith looks more like the kind of QB Andy Reid likes. If he takes the KC job I think you can pencil Geno in at #1 already.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:09 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Geno Smith looks more like the kind of QB Andy Reid likes.

Old 01-03-2013, 01:56 AM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brilliant. Simply brilliant.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Agree with that statement 100%. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens at the Senior Bowl.

Quite frankly, I think he could be a very good development project if he falls too far, if you have a good QB Development program (ie not the Jets)

Scott Pioli was in Raleigh evaluating film on someone (presumably either Amerson or Glennon) and doing some local radio shows. While teams will do their reviews for everyone, a GM is rarely doing film studio on a guy that they don't see as a high value target (his time is too valuable).

Take that however you like it.
Who was the last developmental QB to pan out?

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:24 AM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Who was the last developmental QB to pan out?
Aaron Rodgers? Not the greatest example but much different as a prospect than what he is now.

Kapernick is a pretty good example if he continues to develop.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:56 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weaknesses:
• Doesn't handle pressure well at all and lacks poise

/thread

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Saw on Twitter that Mel Kiper, Jr. was on "Mike and Mike" and said that Glennon will be the first quarterback selected. If true the hype train that I've been predicting is going full-steam.

Old 01-04-2013, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdf1223 View Post
Aaron Rodgers? Not the greatest example but much different as a prospect than what he is now.

Kapernick is a pretty good example if he continues to develop.
Rodgers was a luxury pick but I read an article about his development so that is somewhat true. Kaepernick is a good a call though, so that is one.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Saw on Twitter that Mel Kiper, Jr. was on "Mike and Mike" and said that Glennon will be the first quarterback selected. If true the hype train that I've been predicting is going full-steam.
I just don't see it. Glennon looks awful more often than not. Besides his height and sort of strong arm, what am I missing? What is there to like?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post

You forgot this beefcake.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

In addition to the prototypical physical tools for a pocket passer, I think the narrative you will begin to hear in the coming months is that the reason Glennon struggled is because he didn't have a great supporting cast. Teams must find a way to justify moving him so far up the board.

Old 01-06-2013, 01:13 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In addition to the prototypical physical tools for a pocket passer, I think the narrative you will begin to hear in the coming months is that the reason Glennon struggled is because he didn't have a great supporting cast. Teams must find a way to justify moving him so far up the board.
I think it is a very fair narrative as well. Even so, he still put up back to back 30td seasons. We were 111th in the nation in rushing yards per game. Tyler Wilson could probably have the same argument, but at least he has Knile Davis, who is a proven RB that had a horrible year. Hamilton had about 500 yards more than our leading receiver. Payton, Palmer, and Underwood are good, but I'm not sure they're NFL good.

Speaking of Tobais Palmer, what are your thoughts on his NFL prospects, Scott? He had a better Senior year than TJ Graham had last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote