Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 01-01-2013, 01:56 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
I would put Raiders in possible rather than probable. I think Pryor showed enough to Allen to go into next season as #2 and developmental guy.
Doubt it - he isn't a franchise QB
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace8842 View Post
I personally think the Eagles are fine with Foles. He's getting a bad rap because of his record, but the team around him would be hard for any QB to win with. Fact is, the Eagles lost their best 3 offensive lineman in Peters, Kelce, and Herreman. Any team that loses their best 3 lineman would be in trouble, and the depth was not there to cover for the injuries. Foles and Vick were hit on every other play. Bryce Brown fumbled probably 2 games away where McCoy was hurt. The Eagles offense isn't as bad as it looks. That is why I think the Eagles job is the 2nd best job out there or most attractive, behind the Bears. You have McCoy, Maclin, an offensive line not nearly as bad as it showed, Celek, Bryce Brown as a backup RB....I think Foles is a Big Ben type QB you can work with.
Reid had a gift with backup QB's, often getting 1 big season out of them only to see them fail after trading them. The Eagles had better hope that Foles isn't another one of those, who won't produce once away from Reid.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:32 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Doubt it - he isn't a franchise QB
Ignoring the fact that you provided absolutely no insight in your post apart from the equivalent of "I'm right, you're wrong," exactly how many franchise QBs are in the league right now? And exactly how many franchise QBs are in the draft this year? Then I would ask what separates Pryor from those QBs.

Did Drew Brees look like a franchise QB after two years in the league? And tell me about the difference in repititions Brees had at that point to how many Pryor has had this far in his career.

Pryor may not pan out in the end, but he has shown the dedications and leadership to match his raw talent that he deserves a chance to be developed. That is the only definitive statement we can truly make.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:49 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Ignoring the fact that you provided absolutely no insight in your post apart from the equivalent of "I'm right, you're wrong," exactly how many franchise QBs are in the league right now? And exactly how many franchise QBs are in the draft this year? Then I would ask what separates Pryor from those QBs.

Did Drew Brees look like a franchise QB after two years in the league? And tell me about the difference in repititions Brees had at that point to how many Pryor has had this far in his career.

Pryor may not pan out in the end, but he has shown the dedications and leadership to match his raw talent that he deserves a chance to be developed. That is the only definitive statement we can truly make.
I have said my piece about Pryor. He has no accuracy or the ability to read a defense. In college he got by running around the field making plays. He is the exact same player as Matt Jones yet for some reason given the chance to play QB at the pro level. The history of OSU QBs under Tressel's watch have no success at the next level. Like I said if Tebow had put up 12/28 and 3tds passing he would of been bashed but somehow for Pryor its viewed as a positive.

If the Raiders would want to try and develop him than go for it but I still think they would be wise to draft a QB that would have a better shot at developing than Pryor.

Last edited by SolidGold : 01-01-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:34 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tampa will add competition to the qb position. Schiano said that in his final PC Monday morning.
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:51 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
I have said my piece about Pryor. He has no accuracy or the ability to read a defense. In college he got by running around the field making plays. He is the exact same player as Matt Jones yet for some reason given the chance to play QB at the pro level. The history of OSU QBs under Tressel's watch have no success at the next level. Like I said if Tebow had put up 12/28 and 3tds passing he would of been bashed but somehow for Pryor its viewed as a positive.

If the Raiders would want to try and develop him than go for it but I still think they would be wise to draft a QB that would have a better shot at developing than Pryor.
Quite a bold statement. Steve Bellisari (7th rounder played safety in the NFL), Craig Krenzel (had a terrible arm), Troy Smith (only 6'0" and a 5th round pick), Todd Boeckman (started as a junior, beaten out by a true freshman as a senior in college). Not exactly pro QB prospects that he had to work with. You make it sound like the Florida QBs or Tedford QBs (pre-Rodgers).
Old 01-01-2013, 06:03 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Quite a bold statement. Steve Bellisari (7th rounder played safety in the NFL), Craig Krenzel (had a terrible arm), Troy Smith (only 6'0" and a 5th round pick), Todd Boeckman (started as a junior, beaten out by a true freshman as a senior in college). Not exactly pro QB prospects that he had to work with. You make it sound like the Florida QBs or Tedford QBs (pre-Rodgers).
Pryor is no different - he wasn't a top flight QB prospect. He got drafted in the third round by a senile Al Davis in the supplemental draft. Coach him up as a 2nd QB and carve out a niche role for him but he isn't a franchise QB. For a team like the Raiders that really need to get that position addressed long term you would be well served to pick a QB early in this draft. I would take any of the top QBs in the upcoming draft over Pryor. He was not a great passer in college and made more plays with his feet. He lacks the ability to read a defense.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:45 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Tampa will add competition to the qb position. Schiano said that in his final PC Monday morning.
So many teams need QBs and there are so many mediocre ones available...

This is why I think Flynn really could be traded.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:05 AM    (permalink
Azhais
Rookie

Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
So many teams need QBs and there are so many mediocre ones available...

This is why I think Flynn really could be traded.
Matt Moore is also a free agent this year, he could end up starting someplace too
Azhais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:48 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
I tweeted this yesterday about the Bears...

@ESPNChiBears Any chance that Emery would part ways with Jay Cutler? Especially if they bring in someone like Josh McDaniels? #Bears

Not saying it will happen, but you never know.
Emery said in his post-Lovie presser that he's sold on Cutler as a franchise QB and how the new coach plans to use him is one of the main things he's looking at. If Cutler isn't hurt to start the season, I'd put the chance of him starting at 95%.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:11 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more I think about it, the more I like Tajh Boyd if he declares.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:58 AM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets.....but they won't....Ryan's tattoo says so
CollegeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 02:14 PM    (permalink
The Linebacker
Rookie

The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Linebacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I highly doubt Caldwell (New Jags GM) will bring in Tebow. He has to understand the value of a good QB having been around for P. Manning and M. Ryan. If, however, he does... then he'll be signing his own pink slip unless Mr. Khan demanded it.

Check out Black & Teal for all of your Jaguars needs!

Follow me on twitter @ooonooo904
The Linebacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:34 PM    (permalink
CollegeFan
Rookie

CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CollegeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets...oh wait, they have 3...nevermind. :-p

Chiefs, Cards...and ya, I guess Bills. Id say Jacksonville but I'm hoping to see Tebow there
CollegeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Cp3
Rookie

Cp3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

my bucs need to draft a developmental QB. This draft is filled with them
Cp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:55 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

OK so JaMarcus Russell is attempting a comeback.

That means we can cross the team that signs him off this list...

Seriously though, I'd give him a long, hard look. The guy's problems were mental, but he showed some flashes of what he could be. And his mental busts on the field were at least in some part due to the one main problem of his career - he didn't put ANY work into it. Think about it, when the game was just 'show up and throw' in college, he was great.

Perhaps there's a small chance that given a 2nd opportunity he'll get in shape and commit himself to the game mentally and emotionally.

He was rich, young and stupid - a fatal combination.

I think there's a slim chance he could be an amazing reclamation project. Again, I believe his growth was stunted because he didn't work or care (and the organization/situation/contract he was drafted to didn't help). Maybe he'll change his ways if someone gives him a shot (Mike Williams... lasted for a year but it happened).

I'd invite him to a camp. What do you have to lose?

For responses to ^, I'll only accept funny .gifs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I keep thinking about this situation and re-evaluating it hoping I'm missing someone but the sad fact is that the QB draft class this year SUCKS. If there's ever a year to tank, it's this year in hopes of landing Bridgewater or Johnny Football at the top of next year. And by tank, I mean as a first-year coach just try your hardest with giving Gabbert a final shot or rolling with Chad Henne or Matt Moore because you truly liked them more than the rookies available in this class. Don't just draft a guy to draft one and say 'OK now we have a future franchise QB! He's not good but at least we have one!'
Old 02-22-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

I was going to add a new thread about the Browns trading Weeden because I think they will actively try to. But instead I just tweaked this thread to update the Philly situation.

Also, Russell has a pro day and freaking Fitz will be there for some reason lol.