Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 12-30-2012, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
You gotta kinda wonder what Percy is thinking right now with the success the Vikings are having without him.
He's thinking "I wonder what kind of draft pick the Vikings will get for me"
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 03:19 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
After the game today, Jerome Simpson called out Tom Peliserro and said he was a douchbag. I find that hilarious. Tom and Judd are gonna have fun with this one for while.
And to follow up on this, today Jerome Simpson actually called Tom a douchbag to his face. lol

Tom Pelissero ‏@TomPelissero
Today, Jerome Simpson called me a "douchebag" to my face. I'll take that as progress. Whatever you need to motivate you, big guy.

Edit: Tom later tweeded that Leslie Fraizer called him personally and apologized.

Just got a call from Leslie Frazier apologizing for what Simpson said. Whole thing is not a big deal to me, but Les is class all the way.

Last edited by General Zod : 01-01-2013 at 03:44 PM.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 06:59 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And to follow up on this, today Jerome Simpson actually called Tom a douchbag to his face. lol

Today, Jerome Simpson called me a "douchebag" to my face. I'll take that as progress. Whatever you need to motivate you, big guy.

Edit: Tom later tweeded that Leslie Fraizer called him personally and apologized.

Just got a call from Leslie Frazier apologizing for what Simpson said. Whole thing is not a big deal to me, but Les is class all the way.
You guys have a lot of good people who I like... Peterson and Ponder especially. Good dudes. Impossible to root against.

But then there's Jerome.
You can tell why he was originally a Bengal.
J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Packers are just 1-4 in their last 5 home playoff games.
All were as 7+ point favorites.

Rodgers has not lost back to back games since October 2010.
But Rodgers can't help tackle Peterson.

Rodgers is the only starting QB in the NFL with a playoff win under his belt.
But Rodgers has been one & done in 2 of his 3 playoff seasons.

Ponder was a higher draft pick than Rodgers was.

Peterson owns the Packers, on grass and on turf.

The Packers lost their first regular season home games this year.
The Packers lost their first playoff game last year.

All the pressure will be on the Packers.
Vikings are basically playing with House Money at this point in time.

-www.PackersInsider.com
Old 01-01-2013, 07:08 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
You gotta kinda wonder what Percy is thinking right now with the success the Vikings are having without him.
He's probably thinking about his next bag-o-weed.

I'm glad he's out though, little dude killed us. He's a stronger version of our Randall Cobb.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:09 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mike88 View Post
Packers are just 1-4 in their last 5 home playoff games.
All were as 7+ point favorites.

Rodgers has not lost back to back games since October 2010.
But Rodgers can't help tackle Peterson.

Rodgers is the only starting QB in the NFL with a playoff win under his belt.
But Rodgers has been one & done in 2 of his 3 playoff seasons.

Ponder was a higher draft pick than Rodgers was.

Peterson owns the Packers, on grass and on turf.

The Packers lost their first regular season home games this year.
The Packers lost their first playoff game last year.

All the pressure will be on the Packers.
Vikings are basically playing with House Money at this point in time.

-www.PackersInsider.com
Fail to see how any of that is relevant minus Peterson's success against GB. And it's the playoffs; there's going to be pressure in every game no matter who is playing.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:20 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Fail to see how any of that is relevant minus Peterson's success against GB. And it's the playoffs; there's going to be pressure in every game no matter who is playing.
Our guys definitely tightened up last year.... Giants played loose, nothing to lose, big underdog, etc.

There is a big difference in mentality.

We played like that in 2010, barely made it into the playoffs, felt like we had a gift, played the playoffs on house money, got on a roll, and it was destiny.

That run was the only time Rodgers has won a playoff game.

But it's not him, this team is not physical and if they don't get up early, the pressure will build.

You guys have a great chance. Forget the point spread, and yes I bet on the Giants last year when they beat us. We're soft in the trenches and our DBs are all thin in the DBackfield.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:45 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/vikes-a...6354--nfl.html

Quote:
Minnesota assistants Mike Singletary and Mike Priefer will interview for the Chicago head coaching vacancy.

Vikings coach Leslie Frazier confirmed Tuesday that the Bears made the request. There are at least 10 other coaches reported to be under consideration to replace the fired Lovie Smith in Chicago.

After an unsuccessful stint as coach of the San Francisco 49ers, Singletary was hired by his former Bears teammate Frazier to be a linebackers coach and a special assistant. He's been with the Vikings for two years.

Priefer has completed two seasons as special teams coordinator, helping steer the organization's decision to cut veteran kicker Ryan Longwell and draft Blair Walsh, who made the Pro Bowl as a rookie this year.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 01:49 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't care much if they take Singletary (not sure why someone wants him as a HC again anyway.

Our ST this year was on the of the best units we've had in a while though, I'd hate to see Priefer go.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:11 AM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like all of the stuff I've been reading about Percy. Really hope we don't lose him.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know this is the least of anyones worries right now, but I hear that the vikings are getting newer retro uniforms next year, in addition they will apparently be getting a newer looking logo.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:13 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
I know this is the least of anyones worries right now, but I hear that the vikings are getting newer retro uniforms next year, in addition they will apparently be getting a newer looking logo.
Yeah I heard the same thing. As a person who has a huge collection of jerseys, im pretty excited to see it. Hopefully they just use our throwback jerseys as our primary.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kalil's headed to the Pro Bowl.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 05:19 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know its hard to take anything from the pro bowl, but you have to wonder what kind of numbers Kyle Rudolph could put up with more consistent QB play and some outside help.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:06 AM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

Congratulations to Adrian Peterson for winning the MVP!
And he won the OPOY as well.

You know I battled some Manning/Brady QB fans for weeks saying Peterson should be the MVP, and ultimately justice prevailed!

Peterson's season was historic. Head & shoulders above all others at his position.

No QB was head & shoulders above all others, in fact a case could be made for any of 3 QB's for being the better QB this season.

I thought this was a no-brainer for Peterson!

Also, congrats to Cris Carter..... that guy tormented me for so many years. Well-deserved.
He had THE BEST HANDS I ever saw.... better than Rice, Moss, Largent, Irvin, even Sterling Sharpe.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah it was a good day to be a Vikings fan, and I don't get to say that very often.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:35 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, Peterson played the last 7 games with a hernia. That's even more insane. I will never doubt him ever again.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:45 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is the most incredible thing. Ive ever heard.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:45 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, there's this: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...y-harvin-trade

Not too surprising given how the season ended.
the_legend_killer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:48 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harvin is such a spoiled little crybaby. Good riddance. But if he went to NE.....my god.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:50 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Harvin in NE is a scary thought. But it would get him pretty far away from Minnesota (and from beating them on the field), so I guess it wouldn't be all bad. Just curious as to what Minnesota could get for him. I've heard 2nd and 3rd rounders would be in play.
the_legend_killer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 03:57 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really don't understand what the problem is here. Anything less than a first rounder, I'm declining the offer instantly. Unless Harvin has made it known that he won't re-sign, which we won't know either until he's traded or signs an extension
Old 02-10-2013, 03:59 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

I don't want to trade him for peanuts either, but the fact that no one is making an effort at all to deny that there is a problem makes me think that there is a real one.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:02 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade him to Miami for their 2 second round picks (#42 and #56).

I love Harvin and what he brings to the field but he is clearly a headache to the team and we don't need that. In the report I read it said even the players weren't happy the way Harvin blew up at Frazier. I've never seen Frazier get upset once either.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:52 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dynasty View Post
Trade him to Miami for their 2 second round picks (#42 and #56).

I love Harvin and what he brings to the field but he is clearly a headache to the team and we don't need that. In the report I read it said even the players weren't happy the way Harvin blew up at Frazier. I've never seen Frazier get upset once either.
Joe Philbin will want nothing to do with someone like Harvin.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote