Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 12-30-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Kind of depends on the offense they decide to run next season. We'll see if it's the kind of system that uses a fullback a lot or if they can just use a guy like Baker at FB when they want to have somebody in the backfield but otherwise run mostly 3 WR or 2 TE sets.

If there is a rookie quarterback under center then I think FB is necessary. No FB schematic is for advanced qb only.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:31 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know about that. Who are the rookie QB's this year: Luck, RGIII, Tannehill, Weeden, and Wilson? Obviously Luck is advanced, but the Colts don't have a FB. The Redskins run a lot of pistol, and the FB they do use is a converted linebacker. The Dolphins have Javorskie Lane who is basically an oversized RB, and used to use Charles Clay but he's more of a Baker style FB/TE hybrid than a true FB. Not sure how much the Browns use Marecic to be honest. And the Seahawks have Michael Robinson who isn't really a true FB either, converted college QB who's more of a runner/receiver than a blocker.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
I don't know about that. Who are the rookie QB's this year: Luck, RGIII, Tannehill, Weeden, and Wilson? Obviously Luck is advanced, but the Colts don't have a FB. The Redskins run a lot of pistol, and the FB they do use is a converted linebacker. The Dolphins have Javorskie Lane who is basically an oversized RB, and used to use Charles Clay but he's more of a Baker style FB/TE hybrid than a true FB. Not sure how much the Browns use Marecic to be honest. And the Seahawks have Michael Robinson who isn't really a true FB either, converted college QB who's more of a runner/receiver than a blocker.

Bad habit as I prepare for Rex Ryan's return. Jets had failed to pick up blitz regularly so I assume FB is a must to solve this problem.
Old 12-30-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm wondering if he comes back. Would imagine he would have received a vote of confidence, but maybe not. I think the defense gets a lot worse if he and Pettine are bounced, but the personnel is better set up to move to a 4-3 than stick in a 3-4 hybrid long-term anyway. Should be an interesting offseason.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Gus Bailey is my call if Jets are open to switching back to 4-3. Jets could be in a very good position to get stud QB and DE in the first back to back rounds.

I think I should stop dreaming.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

http://thejetpress.com/2012/12/30/je...the-gm-search/

About time Woody make right decision.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
http://thejetpress.com/2012/12/30/je...the-gm-search/

About time Woody make right decision.
Hooray! Do we know for sure that Tannenbaum is going to still be a part of the organization? Many of the potential GM candidates took issue with that, and I would agree that that would be a poor decision.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:36 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
Hooray! Do we know for sure that Tannenbaum is going to still be a part of the organization? Many of the potential GM candidates took issue with that, and I would agree that that would be a poor decision.
Dunno, I guess it is up to new GM.

After learning Manning helps Broncos to be number one in AFC playoff, I feel sick more than Jets' debacle.

If Jets got Manning, they won't give Sanchez' new contract and would trade him to another team. Also, I don't think Jets would hire Sparano to coach Manning's offense.
Old 12-30-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotoJets007 View Post
Dunno, I guess it is up to new GM.

After learning Manning helps Broncos to be number one in AFC playoff, I feel sick more than Jets' debacle.

If Jets got Manning, they won't give Sanchez' new contract and would trade him to another team. Also, I don't think Jets would hire Sparano to coach Manning's offense.
Well, don't feel too bad. We never had a shot at Manning. He had no interest in playing here. He could see the train-wreck a mile away, as could most.

And as for the Tannenbaum thing, I'm pretty sure it would be up to Mr. Johnson. I was just wondering if you folks heard anything. Maybe it'll be said in the press conference tomorrow.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/stor...g-here-forever

Quote:
he Jets will look into the possibility of trading Sanchez, sources have said, but the organizational stance could change if a new general manager is in charge. To trade him, they'd probably have to eat most of the guarantee, plus there would be an estimated salary cap charge of $13 million.
What the hell?
Old 12-31-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

I wish Jets are only team that interests in Tom Gamble.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:57 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Bill Polian passed on the opportunity to handle Jets brass. Damn it. He has knacks for playmakers outside first 2nd rounds.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Tom Gamble I'd be happy with. Marc Ross would be awesome, too.
Old 12-31-2012, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone who isn't Tannenbaum would have to be an improvement. Rooting for Gamble myself. What's going on with Sparano? Waiting to hire a GM before canning him or what?
Robcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

I am sure you did say that when Jets hired Eric Mangini over Herm Edwards and Rex Ryan over Mangini.

I am more of interested in longevity of head coach like 10 plus seasons. Only way to see it happen is hiring right GM.

Tom Gamble has richest resume (22 years). Marc Ross is a locally proven worker. It is really tough call.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:40 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

If the Jets hang on to Ryan, the only way they're going to find success is by having a legit personnel guy in the front office and a really good offensive mind as coordinator who takes complete control of the offense. Let Ryan handle managing the team as a whole, keeping guys motivated, and keep his hands in the defense. That's what he's good at.

If he's put in a situation where he doesn't have to make offensive personnel decisions and can just trust the offensive coordinator to do his thing, that would be ideal. Hopefully the GM can make all defensive personnel calls with input from Ryan in terms of fit. That's the way I think they can find success, although finding the right GM and coordinator is easier said than done.
Old 01-01-2013, 01:58 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

Mike Pettine's contract is up now so what will Jets do with him. Sign him for one season just in case if Rex Ryan fails again and gets canned next season. Or what?
Old 01-01-2013, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Robcards is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The jets are interviewing Tom Heckert the former GM of the Browns, why??? He drafted and managed that team into the ground worse than Tannenbaum did to us. His greatest hits include trading away Julio Jones, selecting Weeden in the first round, and overpaying for washed up FAs like Frostee Rucker and juqua Parker.

Do. Not. Want.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:16 AM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards View Post
The jets are interviewing Tom Heckert the former GM of the Browns, why??? He drafted and managed that team into the ground worse than Tannenbaum did to us. His greatest hits include trading away Julio Jones, selecting Weeden in the first round, and overpaying for washed up FAs like Frostee Rucker and juqua Parker.

Do. Not. Want.

Yeah, no kidding! I was just reading about that. I want nothing to do with anyone associated to running the Browns. They did say that Heckert is "light years" ahead of talent evaluation over Tannenbaum. If that's true, then we never stood a chance with Tannenbaum. Please Jets, give us hope, don't screw this up!
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Old School
Rookie

Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Old School is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyone who isn't Tannenbaum would have to be an improvement.

We said this last year when replacing Schottenheimer, and we all saw how that turned out.
Old School is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:29 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
We said this last year when replacing Schottenheimer, and we all saw how that turned out.
Not really. No one really liked the Sparano hire. Itd be like I we get this browns GM.
Old 01-02-2013, 09:31 AM    (permalink
Robcards
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School View Post
Yeah, no kidding! I was just reading about that. I want nothing to do with anyone associated to running the Browns. They did say that Heckert is "light years" ahead of talent evaluation over Tannenbaum. If that's true, then we never stood a chance with Tannenbaum. Please Jets, give us hope, don't screw this up!
Yeah his talent evaluation is garbage. Look at the browns 2010-2012 drafts the only good player is joe Haden pretty much. TRich isn't exactly showing he was worth a 3rd overall pick yet
Old 01-02-2013, 03:28 PM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah his talent evaluation is garbage. Look at the browns 2010-2012 drafts the only good player is joe Haden pretty much. TRich isn't exactly showing he was worth a 3rd overall pick yet
Ummmm Josh Gordon, Phil Taylor, TJ Ward, Jabaal Sheard, and Mitchell Schwartz. Trent Richardson looked decent considering the blocking and his injury. Just drafting Joe Haden gives him better draft picks than Tannebaum over the last 4 seasons.
cmarq83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 08:17 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

I'm going to have to side with cmarq here. The one issue with Heckert is he's really, really conservative. Lots of trades down, doesn't take a lot of chances in the draft. But he was building a pretty solid team in Cleveland and did a pretty good job in the draft. Just didn't make that swing for the fences pick to land a superstar (or a quarterback) and brought in a lot of solid players instead.

If he came to the Jets I think it'd be nearly a lock that he'd take a pass rusher round 1 and draft a QB at some point on day 2. Which may or may not be the right move depending who's on the board.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:09 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Wait, what? Richardson is amazing.