Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-02-2013, 06:37 PM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think Andy Reid maybe the perfect guy for us. who is better a finding QB talent in the draft? who is better at developing that talent to fit his scheme? who is better turning that talent into wins and extra picks? he is a winner. yes, his message became lost in Philly and i expect that from any coach thats been in 1 place for 14 years. this isn't the same NFL as in decades past. the athletes are different. the fans are different. sometimes, everyone just needs a change of place (face). i thought this exact thing about Vermeil at the end of his time here. it isn't that Dick was a bad coach. its that his players needed something different to put them over the top.

unfortunately, our Chiefs are in no position to think that Reid (using my own words) puts us over the top. we have a lot work to do. a lot of holes to fill. IMO, Andy Reid is better suited to help with our problems than any other coach available. he is a QB guru. this is huge. he sees things in guys that others either don't see or ignore or maybe even overlook. he's also not afraid to take a chance on those guys. Kolb and Foles come to mind. also, look at what he did with Donovan McNabb. Philly fans hated that pick. they wanted Ricky Williams. where would that franchise be right now w/o Reid standing up and making the CORRECT selection? i definitely don't think go to 5 Conference Championship games and 1 SB.

his offensive philosophy still works. he likes using talented RBs and stretching the field with a verticle passing game. he keeps defenses honest and can find and exploit a weakness quickly. (heres a really good 1 Chiefs fans aren't used to) he knows how to make IN GAME ADJUSTMENTS when things are working out well. he doesn't just ram his head into a brickwall, stubbornly assuming he is always right.

look is Andy the perfect coach? No, he has many flaws. however, he maybe the perfect guy available for this football team. i'm with everyone here that thinks he should take a year off. giving him some rest and time to reflect could do wonders for him mentally, physically and emotionally. that just isn't going to happen. maybe this will be his downfall, but he is a coach. he wants a team. he needs players to tutor. what better time than the present to have the pick of the litter? so many teams want him and he can hand pick the team that he wants. The Chiefs would be my choice for him. i hope he feels the same way.

and probably the most important point. if Reid comes, i think Pioli goes.

EDIT: just saw the story about Reid meeting for 9 hours with Clark, Pioli, Donovan and others. i REALLY like where this is going.

Last edited by King Carls 5 Year Plan : 01-02-2013 at 07:20 PM.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote