Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-03-2013, 12:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad to hear something like this from Garrett.

Quote:
What may be a sore subject for Jason Garrett has once again become a hot topic of conversation around these parts in recent days as the Cowboys coach has had to deal with questions about whether he will continue to serve as the team’s offensive play-caller.

On Monday, less than 24 hours after Dallas’ fate was sealed, Garrett indicated he wasn’t planning to relinquish those duties even though the Cowboys were ranked lower in offensive points scored in 2012 than they’ve been in any season since he joined Dallas’ staff as an assistant in 2007.

“I would certainly anticipate the status quo from that standpoint,” Garrett said Monday,

Two days later, on his KRLD-FM radio show, owner Jerry Jones bristled when asked if he wanted Garrett to maintain his dual role as head coach and play-caller next season and beyond.

“We’re not having a meeting like that this morning and I’m not ready to have that kind of meeting and I’m not so sure when I’ll have that meeting,” he said.

But what would happen if Jones did have a sit-down with Garrett and suggested to his coach that he recruit someone else to call the plays?

“We would just talk it through,” Garrett said on KRLD-FM. “Line 1 for me and the position that I’m in is what is best for the Dallas Cowboys — in every way, shape and form and however we’re doing anything. Everything is on the table. If we think collectively that something can help us and doing something differently than what we’re doing now is going to make us a better football team I’m open to it. And I’ve made no bones about that from the beginning. I just believe in that. I believe in that from the bottom of my heart. I’m trying to help this football team be the best it can be and everything is on the table.”
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:03 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I also hope Garrett is not calling plays next year. I agree with D-Unit on this point, completely.

Is it just me, or does Garrett seem like the most smug, cocky person when he is interviewed? I can't stand watching him answer questions.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:53 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
I also hope Garrett is not calling plays next year. I agree with D-Unit on this point, completely.

Is it just me, or does Garrett seem like the most smug, cocky person when he is interviewed? I can't stand watching him answer questions.
He might come off that way, but I don't necessarily feel he is that way.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:57 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
It would have to be the right place, he seems more out of control then Rex. Rob is cussing, throwing head sets, standing in the middle of the field etc, he got a penalty on us for standing almost in the middle of the field lol. I remember thinking "who does that"? He seems like he'd have some growing to do to be a HC or it would end up blowing up in his face like his brother. He seems like too much of a loose cannon and I wouldn't want that as my Head Coach personally but I agree with the job he's done.

I was also listening to Ed Werder on the Fan here and he seems to think Gruden may have been what Jerry was hinting at when he said there would be changes. Either that, or Norv coming in as OC to call the plays. 1 of the 2 would be much welcomed.
Werder is such a terd I swear he just makes **** up

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:03 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post

Hoping, wishing, praying, about something that isn't going to change this upcoming season haha. It was almost the first thing Garrett addressed after the loss was that there was no interest in bringing in Norv and that he wasn't looking to bring in a play caller.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-03-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Hoping, wishing, praying, about something that isn't going to change this upcoming season haha. It was almost the first thing Garrett addressed after the loss was that there was no interest in bringing in Norv and that he wasn't looking to bring in a play caller.
He did say that, but Jerry also had his presser after that if I am remembering correctly. And he didn't sound so confident in JG calling the plays. We all know who runs the show here, and if Jerry wants that change to happen it will.

But if you listen to what Jerry said, and you assume JG returns, he'll still call plays, and Rob Ryan returns as DC, what he said wouldn't even make sense. At the least I think he finds a new play-caller, but I think he's working for a big player on the coaching circuit behind closed doors. There was absolutely no reason for him to make those comments if 95% of things were staying status quo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys have any suggestions for an OC if Jerry decides to go that route? Was thinking that Whisenhunt might be a good guy to go after if he ends up not getting an HC job. Also I have this weird notion that Chan Gailey might be an interesting candidate.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:46 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
You guys have any suggestions for an OC if Jerry decides to go that route? Was thinking that Whisenhunt might be a good guy to go after if he ends up not getting an HC job. Also I have this weird notion that Chan Gailey might be an interesting candidate.
Ugh, No thanks. Besides why come here as a OC when he was fired as the HC? I dont see it.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:58 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Ugh, No thanks. Besides why come here as a OC when he was fired as the HC? I dont see it.
A lot of HC's that get fired end up being coordinators elsewhere.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dave Campo had no problem with it

I don't think he is a good fit either, I'm not sure who we would pick but I'm almost certain that if Norv comes it is Jerry's doing not JG.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
A lot of HC's that get fired end up being coordinators elsewhere.
I think meant when Gailey was HC here and was fired.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:56 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
Dave Campo had no problem with it

I don't think he is a good fit either, I'm not sure who we would pick but I'm almost certain that if Norv comes it is Jerry's doing not JG.
Well the thing about Campo is that he had been with the Cowboys for years before even being the Head Coach. He was with them since Jimmy first came on, so I bet it wasn't too hard to talk him into coming back when they did. Gailey's only connections to the organization was when he was the head coach. Beyond that nothing, so I imagine it would be difficult to get him to come back as a OC.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:07 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Well the thing about Campo is that he had been with the Cowboys for years before even being the Head Coach. He was with them since Jimmy first came on, so I bet it wasn't too hard to talk him into coming back when they did. Gailey's only connections to the organization was when he was the head coach. Beyond that nothing, so I imagine it would be difficult to get him to come back as a OC.
Well said. Thats what I was trying to say, Getting fired as the HC then coming back to THE SAME PLACE, as a OC would be a hard move to make for Gailey I would think. Not a fan of the way he under used Spiller either which might be why he got fired.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 01-03-2013, 06:49 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/...asting-program

I couldn't properly express my feeling earlier...then I read this article. This is why Garrett used the status quo word earlier this week. Even though Jerry is talking about teams like the broncos and redskins going for the risk...Garrett and Stephen have a more long term vision. Now I don't have any true inside information to back my stance on Stephen...but just thinking back to the TO situation...seems like he is more conservative in his approach. He has also helped us maximize our spending in FA the past 2-3 years since we've been seeing him pop up more and more. I still firmly believe Jerry is a 100% believer in Garatte...and bringing in a OC to call the plays...when you already brought in a OC the year before to peice together that makeshift OL. I'd say Callahan did a good job...that move would be ok....but at that point you almost have too many resources invested in the offense where you aren't going to get everything out of all three. I still think Norvs going to end up maybe with the Jets...somewhere that needs a productive offense that hasn't had one in a few years and is willing to pay.

Here's some excepts
Quote:
What was really interesting to me in watching this thing was to see the number of times these really really good programs stumbled at the brink early on when they were trying to get themselves established.

And they both had the right plan; they were going to do things the right kind of way with the right kind of people and they were making great strides but they kept getting to these points where they couldn't get it done, they couldn't break through...and they kept getting knocked back, knocked back, knocked back, but finally each of the programs broke through.

And I think that's a great lesson for our team, because we are trying to put a program together, and we've worked very hard to try to put it together the right way over the last couple years, and we've had two games in the last couple of years where we have been on the brink in week 17 but got knocked back...[the Cowboys didn't do a good enough job finishing] but we have to understand there's history and there's precedent. In these kinds of situations, as you're trying to put a program together, you're going to get knocked back, you're not always going to achieve it in year one, or year two - but keep doing things the right way and you will break through, and we believe that.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-03-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Good piece about the cowboys QB situation. I'd have to be on this side of the fence.

Quote:
Jason Garrett has already come out and said that he believes in Romo and Jerry Jones has also showed his public support for him. Romo has one year remaining on his contract, so the franchise is going to roll with him for another season. I just can't see the franchise making a break with Romo like Brandt suggests because it's just not a good time for that.

For starters, this isn't a very good quarterback class. Now, I have no problem with the team drafting a quarterback, but there isn't a Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III or Russell Wilson type of player who is going to come in and have an immediate impact.

It's not like the Cowboys have owned a draft pick high enough to land a marquee talent at the position. Outside of Aaron Rodgers and Wilson, they really haven't had the opportunity to acquire a talented quarterback who has the skill of Romo. If they want to draft a quarterback this year, then by all means do it. I believe that you should always be in the market to add more talent at the quarterback position. You can draft and groom his replacement, but that doesn't mean you can really expect that quarterback to replace Romo right now.

The only way the Cowboys can improve this offseason is by addressing their needs on the offensive line.

By finally upgrading the offensive line, the Cowboys will be able to develop a strong running game. They have the running back, they just need the blockers. We've said it every week this season, but imagine Romo with time to throw the football. Imagine an offense where A-Gap blitzes aren't a weekly cause for concern. I truly believe if Jerry Jones gives his quarterback the line he deserves, then Romo will have some playoff success.

This team must continue to build around Romo, not give up on him. If they upgrade the talent around Romo and he fails again, then you cannot blame the Cowboys for going in another direction, but it's not the time for that.

Romo wasn't supposed to be a good quarterback, he was an undrafted free agent who defied the odds of even making an NFL roster. He isn't the most popular player right now, but let's give him another opportunity before we run him out of town.
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/...t-on-tony-romo

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-03-2013, 07:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what do I think of who our new playcaller should be???

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...3&#post3231813
Old 01-03-2013, 07:53 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

IDK about that move but I LOVE what you did for our Oline

Old 01-04-2013, 03:51 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I can only hope that our offensive line ends up having Cooper & Jones on it, our offense would be much, much different. I want a stud Center that we know will be a top caliber player for the next 10 years and not a revolving door at the position.

Quote:
Old 01-04-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
IDK about that move but I LOVE what you did for our Oline
I realize it's a reach to get Chryst to leave PITT, but what gives you worry?

I did it for these reasons:

- Garrett had been trying to get Chryst here for a while.
- Very highly respected OC in college and NFL circles.
- Would be great to have a "Wisconsin OL" guru.
- Has a reputation for running a perfectly executed run-heavy offense - but that doesn't mean he's got issues passing the ball. It's a run-first, play-action reliant system.
- He knows how to put his players in position to excel - he recruited Russell Wilson and made him a success. I see a lot of similarities between Wilson and Romo and I think Chryst would iron out Romo's flaws.
- Biggest reason: He's a guy Garrett would feel comfortable working with. Unlike Norv or the other "big named" guys I hear the media trying to promote. Garrett probably doesn't want someone questioning him or wondering under their breath all the time about what he's doing.

When Jerry says he's looking for things to change without incorportating a change at GM, HC or QB... this is the kind of change that I think is necessary. MAKING GARRETT THE SHOT CALLER. Getting him off of OC and into the real shoes of a HC/GM. Jerry let Jimmy do it and Jerry let Bill do it. Now it's time for Jerry to let Jason do it. Jerry needs to close his "open door" policy of letting players see him anytime they want and the players need to know that door now opens to Jason's office. No more going around Jason to see the "real boss". Let Jason take control of his players. Let Jason take control of his coaches. Let him be the Head Coach of this team instead of just holding the title and doing the job of OC. It's time to take the diapers off. Jason has already been heavily involved in the GM role in regards to bringing in the kind of players he wants to develop his culture there, but as a HC he's simply been Jerry's puppet. The players would respect him more and so would the fans.

That takes care of the necessary change at the GM/HC level. But what about QB? Bringing in Chryst would bring an adjustment to the QB position as well. One that I think we sorely need. Tony has a lot of fans here because he's shown the ability to be a very capable QB when he's not making mistakes. Problem is, he keeps making them. Problem is, under Jason Garrett as playcaller, this offense relies on Tony TOO MUCH! It's a heavy heavy pass oriented system. We can and we should take pressure off of him. How? By bringing in an OC who knows how to execute a good run game. If DeMarco Murry can turn into the stud of this offense like Adrian Peterson is for the Vikings, Arian Foster is for the Texans, Ray Rice is for the Ravens, Marshawn Lynch, Matt Forte, Frank Gore... if we become a team like that, THEN I think the Dallas Cowboys can return to greatness. Tony is the perfect QB to have in an offense that features the run first. He can be the John Elway of this generation and turn his bad luck reputation around. Elway really didn't become the great Elway until Terrell Davis became the the man in Denver... and THAT is what I think needs to happen here.

We take pressure of Jerry making Garrett the man. We take pressure off Garrett as OC making Chryst the man. We take pressure off Romo making DeMarco the man. ...and we build an OL to make it happen.

BAM.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
I realize it's a reach to get Chryst to leave PITT, but what gives you worry?

I did it for these reasons:

- Garrett had been trying to get Chryst here for a while.
- Very highly respected OC in college and NFL circles.
- Would be great to have a "Wisconsin OL" guru.
- Has a reputation for running a perfectly executed run-heavy offense - but that doesn't mean he's got issues passing the ball. It's a run-first, play-action reliant system.
- He knows how to put his players in position to excel - he recruited Russell Wilson and made him a success. I see a lot of similarities between Wilson and Romo and I think Chryst would iron out Romo's flaws.
- Biggest reason: He's a guy Garrett would feel comfortable working with. Unlike Norv or the other "big named" guys I hear the media trying to promote. Garrett probably doesn't want someone questioning him or wondering under their breath all the time about what he's doing.

When Jerry says he's looking for things to change without incorportating a change at GM, HC or QB... this is the kind of change that I think is necessary. MAKING GARRETT THE SHOT CALLER. Getting him off of OC and into the real shoes of a HC/GM. Jerry let Jimmy do it and Jerry let Bill do it. Now it's time for Jerry to let Jason do it. Jerry needs to close his "open door" policy of letting players see him anytime they want and the players need to know that door now opens to Jason's office. No more going around Jason to see the "real boss". Let Jason take control of his players. Let Jason take control of his coaches. Let him be the Head Coach of this team instead of just holding the title and doing the job of OC. It's time to take the diapers off. Jason has already been heavily involved in the GM role in regards to bringing in the kind of players he wants to develop his culture there, but as a HC he's simply been Jerry's puppet. The players would respect him more and so would the fans.

That takes care of the necessary change at the GM/HC level. But what about QB? Bringing in Chryst would bring an adjustment to the QB position as well. One that I think we sorely need. Tony has a lot of fans here because he's shown the ability to be a very capable QB when he's not making mistakes. Problem is, he keeps making them. Problem is, under Jason Garrett as playcaller, this offense relies on Tony TOO MUCH! It's a heavy heavy pass oriented system. We can and we should take pressure off of him. How? By bringing in an OC who knows how to execute a good run game. If DeMarco Murry can turn into the stud of this offense like Adrian Peterson is for the Vikings, Arian Foster is for the Texans, Ray Rice is for the Ravens, Marshawn Lynch, Matt Forte, Frank Gore... if we become a team like that, THEN I think the Dallas Cowboys can return to greatness. Tony is the perfect QB to have in an offense that features the run first. He can be the John Elway of this generation and turn his bad luck reputation around. Elway really didn't become the great Elway until Terrell Davis became the the man in Denver... and THAT is what I think needs to happen here.

We take pressure of Jerry making Garrett the man. We take pressure off Garrett as OC making Chryst the man. We take pressure off Romo making DeMarco the man. ...and we build an OL to make it happen.

BAM.

I love the way you think, I just don't see all that happening. I don't think Jerry is interested in doing things like that. He's virtually our Head Coach. He gives updates on players injuries, paces on the sidelines at the end of games, gives end of game pressers, discusses everything from a Head Coach, to GM, to owner.

Now the whole thing about JG going off play-calling, I think that's obvious it's in the works. Aka 1 foot is out the door for JG. Next year is obviously make or break. But +rep for the info on Chryst that's good stuff man, oh how I would love a Wisconsin OL guru to be around here.

Quote:
Old 01-04-2013, 06:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

What did you guys think of RG3's post game comments to Romo?
Old 01-05-2013, 06:15 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

RG3 paid his respect to Romo and told the truth imo

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 01-05-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
RG3 paid his respect to Romo and told the truth imo
Pretty much agreed. RGIII admitted to looking up to Romo a while back so it's a natural reaction. I think RGIII is a classy individual so I can't hate on him for media spin.

He is absolutely correct about ignoring the media. Unless it'll pull ratings you won't hear about it.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Soooo Johnny Manziel in 2015??? :D
Old 01-05-2013, 03:38 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Soooo Johnny Manziel in 2015??? :D
how bout tajh boyd in 2014 i loved the toughness he displayed against lsu and made big time accurate throws under pressure in the clutch
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote