Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 01-03-2013, 02:46 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goldson isnt going anywhere unless some team wants to give us two first rounders for him after he gets franchised which will definitely happen if he doesnt re-sign by the franchise tag deadline. No way in hell does Baalke let him even near the FA market because he would be as good as gone.
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Justone2
Veteran

Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Justone2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really with the amount of cap already invested in the defense i really won't be suprised if they let him go this offseason or next. Could very well be franchised but you cant just keep franchising him.
Justone2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goldson has earned his money. He should be paid.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:18 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope we draft Marcus Lattimore
Old 01-03-2013, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Smith was back at 49ers practice and is going to attempt to play in the 49ers divisional round game.

Quote:

SANTA CLARA -- Pro Bowl defensive tackle Justin Smith returned to the 49ers' practice field Thursday to take part in individual drills for the first time since sustaining a partially torn left triceps tendon Dec. 16.

Smith participated in drills prior to practice while wearing a black brace on his left elbow. Smith sustained the injury when a bone spur containing triceps tendon became detached early in in the second half of the 49ers' game against the New England Patriots.

The 49ers open the playoffs Jan. 12 at Candlestick Park. Unless he experiences a setback, Smith is expected to attempt to play in the 49ers' divisional round playoff game.
http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-...practice-brace

Quote:
Old 01-03-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Justin Smith was back at 49ers practice and is going to attempt to play in the 49ers divisional round game.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/matt-...practice-brace
Some good news at last.
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chuck Norris says that Justin Smith is the definition of tough.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justone2 View Post
Really with the amount of cap already invested in the defense i really won't be suprised if they let him go this offseason or next. Could very well be franchised but you cant just keep franchising him.
Team has plenty of cap room going into the 2013 off-season. Add in the fact that the team will trade or release QB Alex Smith before his $1m roster bonus is due in early March and the team is in very good shape cap wise. The $7.5m base salary and $1m roster bonus that Smith would be guaranteed if he's on the roster on April 1st is more than enough to re-sign Goldson.

Add in the $6.2m+ that Goldson is getting paid for 2012 under the franchise tag and that equals over $14.7m in cap room from them two alone. I dont think that any team would trade for Smith knowing that he's guaranteed to get released before his $1m bonus kicks in so im expecting him to get released sometime in February with that money going to Goldson.

Worse case scenario is franchising Goldson at $7.45m for 2013 which isnt bad for an excellent FS. If that happens, he would be turning 30 when the 2014 season starts so im not concerned about him either way.

With that being said, I do hope he gets locked up long term. $8-$10m a year isnt bad for Goldson as I would expect a good amount up front for 2013 and then medium salary in the second and third seasons with the last season or two back loaded in case he declines by then.

Could always release Rogers to free up some cap space if needed as well as Haralson. Add in others that are UFA's like Moss, the recently waived Jacobs and a few others and we'll be fine for 2013 and beyond.

Bottom line - Goldson isnt going anywhere for 2013 period.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:58 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justone2 View Post
I don't see us being big players in free agency. That will allow us to spend money on our own players. Goldson is a two-time Pro Bowl and is stll realtively young. You need to keep as much good, young talent on defense as you can. Its extremely hard to find talent on the backend. I think Baalke knows this and will act accordingly. Its not about what side of the ball guys play on, its the talent of the individual player. We don't have as much invested on that side of the ball as you think.

On side note, nice to finally know what's been bothering Akers...

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2013/01...eason-surgery/
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:46 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
How soon is worth the risk?
Old 01-03-2013, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye123 View Post
Will we be in position to take him?

Quote:
Old 01-04-2013, 12:23 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I like Lattimore and his story, I'd be shocked if we drafted any RB this year. Hunter will be back next year and the staff really likes Jewel Hampton. That's Dixon, Gore, Hunter, LMJ, and Hampton already signed and on the roster. I dont see how another back fits into that equation.

Speaking of the roster, I really hope we bring Josh Johnson back. I've always been enamored with JJ and his speed/athleticism/arm trifecta. Its not too far off from CK's(actually I think JJ is faster, while his arm isn't quite as impressive as CK's). I think if he could reunite with JH for a couple of seasons that he could turn into one of the better backups in the league. I like Tolizen but I think JJ brings a skill-set more similar to CK and that makes him a better fit as the backup QB, not having to change much around if CK ever gets hurt. I know Tolizen out-duel him for the 3rd QB slot during TC and pre-season but I think JH can work with him with some of the mechanics issues that plagued him during TC and preseason.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 01-04-2013 at 12:52 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:46 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Will we be in position to take him?
position? You think he'll go in the 1st round after what happened to him?
Old 01-04-2013, 03:05 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
position? You think he'll go in the 1st round after what happened to him?
I'm guessing no. Didn't Adrian Peterson also have a serious injury coming into the draft? I know he at least had injury concerns.

Quote:
Old 01-04-2013, 03:06 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
Speaking of the roster, I really hope we bring Josh Johnson back. I've always been enamored with JJ and his speed/athleticism/arm trifecta. Its not too far off from CK's(actually I think JJ is faster, while his arm isn't quite as impressive as CK's). I think if he could reunite with JH for a couple of seasons that he could turn into one of the better backups in the league. I like Tolizen but I think JJ brings a skill-set more similar to CK and that makes him a better fit as the backup QB, not having to change much around if CK ever gets hurt. I know Tolizen out-duel him for the 3rd QB slot during TC and pre-season but I think JH can work with him with some of the mechanics issues that plagued him during TC and preseason.
Josh Johnson? Eh, I don't think so. I'd rather have someone on the roster that could actually give us a good chance to win a game. Maybe Harbaugh could "coach em up", but I think we should look elsewhere.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 01-04-2013 at 03:19 AM.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:23 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we are pretty set at RB IMO. All have been great this year. Sucks Hunter got hurt but he will be back. I think our young guys will produce next season. Put the lower guys at returner / kick off returner to get them in the game. I say load up wide outs next draft mid to late rounds start defense first and second round. We really need help at wide outs Crabs can't do it all.
49erNation85 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Josh Johnson? Eh, I don't think so. I'd rather have someone on the roster that could actually give us a good chance to win a game. Maybe Harbaugh could "coach em up", but I think we should look elsewhere.
I'm curious as to why you feel that way. Its not as though JJ played poorly in the pre-season. Just that Tolizen played a shade better than he did.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:10 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm guessing no. Didn't Adrian Peterson also have a serious injury coming into the draft? I know he at least had injury concerns.
Adrian Peterson had a broken collarbone prior to entering the draft.

Willis McGahee is the most similar as far as appearance. I'm not really certain how severe Lattimore's injury was other than its appearance.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post
I'm curious as to why you feel that way. Its not as though JJ played poorly in the pre-season. Just that Tolizen played a shade better than he did.
Kind have already seen what Johnson can do during his Tampa Bay days.

Quote:
Old 01-04-2013, 12:22 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

Johnson signed with the Browns last week so its mute. I'm expecting a veteran backup to be signed at some point after Smith is released.

As for Lattimore or any RB in the draft, I dont see the point. We have Gore, Hunter and James plus Dixon and Hampton if needed. Just no point wasting a draft pick on Lattimore, healthy or not.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:00 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Kind have already seen what Johnson can do during his Tampa Bay days.
I don't beleive that staff got the best out of JJ. Good coaching, especially at the QB position, can do wonders. Alex Smith is prime example of that. Johnson himself said he got into some bad habits in terms of preparation and mechanics when he was in TB because the staff there wasnt as stringent and didnt harp on the little details of due diligence like JH and that he needed to a better job of policing himself and gettin back to the fundamental stuff JH taught.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:38 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

If we dont re-sign Johnson in the off-season, its okay as you could always sign him in Madden NFL 13. LOL.

That's what im going to do if he's available. I already have my second year plan for my 49ers franchise. :)
Old 01-04-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lattimore's upside is incredible. He carried South Carolina when he was healthy. He could sit behind all the backs we have while he fully recovers and learns the system. Hunter, James and those guys are nice players but Lattimore has the potential to be an Adrian Peterson.

I would have no problem spending a late 2nd rounder on him.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I like backs of Lattimore's size. He doesn't seem that fast from the footage I've seen, but he comes in at around 230 pounds and it looks like it's all muscle. He's 6'0'' for a runningback where is taller than usual, but I have a good feeling about him. I would love having him here. Looks like another Eddie George.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 01-04-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Lattimore isnt worth a 2nd rounder. Not for us anyway. 2 years in a row with RBs in the second? Like I said, I'd be shocked if we took any RB and we're definitely not taking one in the 2nd. Just don't see it happening. Always backs that fall through the cracks via the UDFA route. And its probably our deepest position, talent wise on the entire roster so it doesn't make sense personnel wise to invest a pick that high on one.