Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-04-2013, 09:04 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Scott Pioli out in KC.

Pretty sure that means Reid is a done deal.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:39 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post

Scott Pioli out in KC.

Pretty sure that means Reid is a done deal.
But this isn't what nepg said would happen? Your info must be wrong vidae.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:45 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aren't KC fans worried about underutilizing Jamaal Charles?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
He will probably have 1000 yards receiving.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:52 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
But this isn't what nepg said would happen? Your info must be wrong vidae.
I must be lying!

Quote:
No. That is a common misconception. Jamaal Charles is exactly the type of back that Andy Reid loves.

Reid also loved McCluster coming out of that draft, so with two dynamic backs like those guys on the team, I expect both to have huge years in that offense.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:02 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Did'nt McCoy have like 275+ carries a couple years ago? What will happen is Reid will use Charles in the passing game more (something our previous staff failed to do)
Old 01-04-2013, 10:03 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

peop[le who have been on board sice I oined know how I felt about King Carl...well I was'nt even THIS happy when Carl got fired
Old 01-04-2013, 10:08 AM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just because Andy Reid likes to pass the ball it doesn't Charles won't be getting touches. He'd probably be used more in Andy Reid's offense.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:12 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

It's official per ESPN..Reid to KC
Old 01-04-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

From @mortreport and me: Andy Reid has reached agreement to become next HC of Chiefs, pending review of contract by each side's attorneys.

unf.

Old 01-04-2013, 10:16 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hahha Hunt made Pioli work extra hard for his last pay.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marc Ross turned down the Jets because he wanted to hire his own coach.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:25 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I never understand it when a team fires the GM but keeps the HC. Of ******* course the GM is going to want his own coach. You're basically eliminating some of the best GM candidates when you try to force a coach upon them.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:29 AM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
I never understand it when a team fires the GM but keeps the HC. Of ******* course the GM is going to want his own coach. You're basically eliminating some of the best GM candidates when you try to force a coach upon them.

I am not complaining. Gamble or Cohen.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't know where to put this but Rex Ryan has a tat of his wife in a Sanchez Jersey 'tebowing'

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not sure what this will mean for the Panthers, I believe Jerry Richardson wants to make the decision on at least Rivera (he'd presumably let the GM hire a replacement if necessary). I wonder if its Ross' desire for wanting his own coaching staff in general, or simply not wanting to deal with Rex in particular.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Not sure what this will mean for the Panthers, I believe Jerry Richardson wants to make the decision on at least Rivera (he'd presumably let the GM hire a replacement if necessary). I wonder if its Ross' desire for wanting his own coaching staff in general, or simply not wanting to deal with Rex in particular.
Probably both but I think he wants to build his own staff. I don't think Carolina is tied to Rivera like the Jets are with Rex though. If Ross demanded to hire his own coach Richardson would give Rivera his walking papers I think.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-04-2013, 12:14 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It's ok, Ron Rivera can leave Carolina and come to KC if he wants. :)

Old 01-04-2013, 12:17 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Clark Hunt & his wife flew back to Phi to bring Reid & his wife to KC per Eskin.Sounds like a presser will be Monday
Old 01-04-2013, 12:30 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Clark Hunt & his wife flew back to Phi to bring Reid & his wife to KC per Eskin.Sounds like a presser will be Monday

I guess Reid will hold VP of football operation title too?
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:44 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

also keep hearing Dorsey not Heckert will be joining Reid
Old 01-04-2013, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Probably both but I think he wants to build his own staff. I don't think Carolina is tied to Rivera like the Jets are with Rex though. If Ross demanded to hire his own coach Richardson would give Rivera his walking papers I think.
If Richardson wants to keep Rivera around, I don't think so;

Quote:
League sources said the Panthers are targeting an up-and-coming GM with a strong scouting background, as opposed to a retread.

Brandt, who was with the Packers from 1999-2008, said a GM candidate “rising through the ranks might not be in position” to make the call on an existing coach’s future. “If it someone’s very established in the industry, they might have their opinion about what the head coach should be,” Brandt said.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#storylink=cpy

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Well that's a joke then also. Say goodbye to Ross who is exactly the target you're looking for. Accorsi obviously has a big say in that also which is why he went after someone he's worked with.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-04-2013, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Azhais
Rookie

Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Azhais is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

@AdamSchefter

Not a good sign for Jaguars HC Mike Mularkey: Jacksonville's assistant coaches given permission today to speak to other teams about jobs.
Azhais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:20 PM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And then there is this :

Quote:
Not a good sign for Jaguars HC Mike Mularkey: Jacksonville's assistant coaches given permission today to speak to other teams about jobs.
And according to a Jags beat writer Khan's plane is flying in to NJ today likely to interview Ross. They have already interviewed Tom Gamble and also apparently will interview Caldwell a 2nd time as well. Seems like Khan may have realized most GM candidates are gonna want their own guy and appears to be moving towards that direction.